AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 14:00   Link #2901
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

3 filters for helm is the worst imo. Socket, primary stat, vitality already eat up three... not to mention resist all, elemental resist, crit chance, AP on crit for wizards...

Blizzard mentioned about the possibility of removing enrage timers given the new "efficiency farming model". There are some affixes that is almost guaranteed enrage for my barb: molten birds in act 3 with nightmarish for example. Despite the AI nerf, the increased chance in nighmare procs make it very difficult to effectively kill one esp if you have to avoid fire trails.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:25   Link #2902
Archon_Wing
Plotting....
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
3 filters for helm is the worst imo. Socket, primary stat, vitality already eat up three... not to mention resist all, elemental resist, crit chance, AP on crit for wizards...

Blizzard mentioned about the possibility of removing enrage timers given the new "efficiency farming model". There are some affixes that is almost guaranteed enrage for my barb: molten birds in act 3 with nightmarish for example. Despite the AI nerf, the increased chance in nighmare procs make it very difficult to effectively kill one esp if you have to avoid fire trails.
There's also herp derp shielding. Or illusionist chain frozen. >.>

Also, there's a certain reason why drops can suck and it's because some items require very specific mods to be considered usable. Boots and movement is one example. I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on boots without them, for example.

Anyhow, I found a decent bow, but it sadly... it has INT and 0 dex. That seems like a cruel joke, but what should I do with it? High damage bows seem to be a dime a dozen.

Spoiler:
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:56   Link #2903
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Anyhow, I found a decent bow, but it sadly... it has INT and 0 dex. That seems like a cruel joke, but what should I do with it? High damage bows seem to be a dime a dozen.
you salvage it. theres plenty of 1000dps blue bows with better stats than those.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 18:13   Link #2904
problemedchild
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
you salvage it. theres plenty of 1000dps blue bows with better stats than those.
Why the hell would you salvage a 200k drop? So long as you have an auction house slot, anything that sells above 10k is far better than DEing.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 18:22   Link #2905
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Why the hell would you salvage a 200k drop? So long as you have an auction house slot, anything that sells above 10k is far better than DEing.
my fault. yes he can sell it for 200k but 150k is a bit more realistic with all these 1000+ dps bows hitting the 5hr-1d mark after not selling for 200k B/O.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 20:16   Link #2906
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's at this point where I throw up my hands in defeat, and continue leveling my alt instead, as I've gotten really lousy elite mob ability rolls in my games. Shielding, Vortex, Arcane Enchanted, and Molten? Damn you, Blizzard.

(My monk's defense is already 7000, and with a Mantra up my resistances are about 704 as well).

Going to just play my Wizard, and see if I can catch up to my friend in Nightmare Act III.
Old 2012-06-25, 20:37   Link #2907
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I should get into the habit of accepting shitty affixes and skipping them: 75% of act 2 elites I can easily kill using Wrath (Insanity) + Earthquake, 20% takes a little more time because they run away from my EQ, the last 5% are usually terrible affix rolls on terrible monsters that I need to learn to skip.

If I ignore that 5% chance. I can probably drop one of my armor passives and go for a DPS passive instead boosting my farm speed. If I must kill those mobs I guess I can cut dps by using my LoH weapon+resist all neck piece instead of my DPS set.

Now that I think about it, I should look into having more options in gear choices. Because of how the game was pre-103, I usually just sell off my old gear in order to cover up the cost of a new purchase.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 20:51   Link #2908
Archon_Wing
Plotting....
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It's at this point where I throw up my hands in defeat, and continue leveling my alt instead, as I've gotten really lousy elite mob ability rolls in my games. Shielding, Vortex, Arcane Enchanted, and Molten? Damn you, Blizzard.

(My monk's defense is already 7000, and with a Mantra up my resistances are about 704 as well).

Going to just play my Wizard, and see if I can catch up to my friend in Nightmare Act III.
Try to get some life on hit and abuse serenity more. They're selling 700+ dps socketed weapons for 200-300k with dex easily, and you just need to get the gem in.

Also, I found Mantra of Evasion -- Hard Target far superior to Healing. I think the time of need thing doesn't help til extremely high resists. Even with 800 resists it doesn't seem to be able to match Evasion.

I have 7k armor and 800 resists-- enchantress makes it 8k. Just lop off some vitality and stack resists even more.

But I will admit, if you're in act 2 it's lame since the layout isn't as dense and not as clearcut to farm as act 1 is.

This build is as safe as it gets: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Xgh!XZU!cccbYa

Once you get stronger, try swapping in for Fist of Thunder/thunderclap or sweeping wind.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-25 at 21:06.
Old 2012-06-25, 21:28   Link #2909
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Anyone know what is the standard armor for DH in act II inferno??
Already buffed my DH resist to 400 and dps to 40k...
But my armor is still on 3000...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 21:48   Link #2910
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
But I will admit, if you're in act 2 it's lame since the layout isn't as dense and not as clearcut to farm as act 1 is.
But I'm not trying to farm; I'm stuck at Zoltun Kulle's freaking sanctuary. The elite mobs there are just terrible, and the layout of the place, with straight corridors and narrow entrances, makes it impossible at times to kite, which means I have to restart everything from the beginning and hope that I get a good map layout AND spawns I can survive against.
Old 2012-06-25, 21:55   Link #2911
Archon_Wing
Plotting....
*Author

Quote:
But I'm not trying to farm; I'm stuck at Zoltun Kulle's freaking sanctuary. The elite mobs there are just terrible, and the layout of the place, with straight corridors and narrow entrances, makes it impossible at times to kite, which means I have to restart everything from the beginning and hope that I get a good map layout AND spawns I can survive against.
That doesn't affect anything I said though. You need to be stronger to farm an area than to progress through one.

Deadly reach lets you kite enemies more easily. It lets you attack plagued/desecrator enemies without actually having to step in it. You use serenity when you get sucked in, land a few hits, and blind them. Mystic ally only costs 25 spirit, so it's an excellent suicide attacker.

Also, try to save health orbs like bread crumbs as you pass. This way, if you have run from a tough fight, they'll be there. And another thing is that the fire patches caused by those enemies cause stupid amounts of damage, so take note of that.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-25, 22:02   Link #2912
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I think you need some kind of health regen, loh or lpss (I have both).
I have only around 700 resist and 5000 armor, using Conviction, and I can tank most elites Act II pre-nerf easily.
Old 2012-06-25, 22:22   Link #2913
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

650 resist, 6k armor, 20k dps to clear Act 2 on my monk. 2h daibo.
It's possible.

Act 3 is a bitch though.
Old 2012-06-25, 23:28   Link #2914
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Going to give it one more try tonight, but as I bought un upgrade to my weapon (FINALLY with 123 Dex), I'm pretty much broke, so I can't afford any deaths. Hmm. Maybe a visit to Hell Whimsyshire first to build up a slight gold buffer, THEN back to Zoltun Kulle...
Old 2012-06-26, 02:35   Link #2915
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:

With defences that high, you should be doing very well in Act 2 Inferno. As a matter of fact, it is very similar to what my Monk has. With Mantra of Evasion: Hard Target, mine is 7032 Armour and 710 Resist All.

So the only thing that comes to mind is that either your Health Recovery is not optimal, or your DPS is too low, or your skill-set is not optimal.

In terms of Health Recovery, there are two main things a Monk should strive for. Life on Hit(LoH) and Life Gained per Spirit Spent(LGpSS). The former scales according to how fast you punch your enemies, and works hand-in-hand with IAS. The easiest way to get LoH is to get a weapon with a socket.

LGpSS also indirectly works with IAS, but there are other ways to rapidly gain Spirit. Where it comes into play is spamming. Namely, Mantras. Monks will usually want to spam their Mantra every 3s or so, in order to benefit from the temporary 3s bonus. This provides a constant heal to counter the bad stuff that enemies throw at you, and also make your default healing skills more potent.

In terms of DPS, you will want to aim for about 15k DPS at least, after buffs. The higher, the better of course. The only thing to watch out in a weapon is a socket. Anything else is gravy, and not something you should burn your pockets for. My current 800+dps weapon only cost about 750k, and the previous 780+dps weapon set me back about 250k.

In terms of skill-set, well, we will need to know what are the six skills you are using and the three passives before we can pass any judgement.

Quote:
It is definitely possible, but I won't go so far as to say that it will always be a perfect run. I usually get nailed by stuff like Waller+Arcane Enchanted if my Serenity is on cooldown.

I am not very good at explaining how I do it, but you can definitely kite in those maps. It just won't be the traditional round-and-round-the-merry-go-round type of kiting.

Quote:
Going to give it one more try tonight, but as I bought un upgrade to my weapon (FINALLY with 123 Dex), I'm pretty much broke, so I can't afford any deaths. Hmm. Maybe a visit to Hell Whimsyshire first to build up a slight gold buffer, THEN back to Zoltun Kulle...
Don't regress to Hell if you are trying to progress in Inferno Act 2. If you really must, do the Imprisoned Angel quest in Inferno Act 1. Get five stacks of NValour before doing the Warden, and then work your way to the Butcher.

A single Warden/Butcher session will nett you at least 50-75k raw gold, taking in account 3-4 random deaths.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-26, 02:40   Link #2916
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's probably the constructs there that's giving him hard time.
Those are serious pain to deal with for monks, especially the elites, since they spread all over the freakin' place, shooting you with deadly pew pew.

They are annoying as Barb too, since you can only focus on 1 or 2 while you're in the Super Saiyan mode, due to their nature to be five million miles apart from each other.
Old 2012-06-26, 02:59   Link #2917
problemedchild
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Anyone know what is the standard armor for DH in act II inferno??
Already buffed my DH resist to 400 and dps to 40k...
But my armor is still on 3000...
DH's really can't that much armor. I believe 3k unbuffed is actually a decent number, although 40k may be too low if that's your DPS with full SS.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 03:06   Link #2918
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

eventually, towards the dawn of this game, I plan to have a DH wearing every single gear having 5+ enchants, composed of:

DEX
VIT
STR
AR
ARMOR

Just to have a high armor high resist DH!

...... some day when loot is oversaturated, and having fun tweaking weird builds become viable.

Hey, I had a SWORD AMAZON in D2, afterall.
Old 2012-06-26, 03:19   Link #2919
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
DH's really can't that much armor. I believe 3k unbuffed is actually a decent number, although 40k may be too low if that's your DPS with full SS.
My HC DH wears a shield but my armor is still ridiculously low.
Old 2012-06-26, 03:19   Link #2920
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Sorry guys, I tried, but in each and every segment of Kulle's dungeon, I encountered, in places where I COULDN'T run away (single long hallways) elites with Waller, Vortex, Arcane Enchanted, and either Cold Enchanted or Molten, two of which actually spawned RIGHT AT THE CHECKPOINT.

And I did this with three different tries. I'm officially too broke to repair my monk's stuff now, and I can't advance through Act 2, and I'm frustrated as heck.

I give up. I'll just level my wizard for a while.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler