AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-26, 20:35   Link #3861
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
No no, you misundertood me, I want to beat both them, again. I stil hate Adria for ruining Leah.
Yea... Leah was ruined when she kept calling Cain's "stories" a bunch of hog wash. Then talking smach to A FREAKING ANGEL abou sacrifice... I never liked her. XD So glad she died.
Old 2014-08-26, 20:46   Link #3862
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

What annoyed me was that in RoS we were supposed to find more about Leah's fate/current status, yet there was no mention of it at all. TBH I didn't mind Leah, she was just the usual spunky teenager with (in her opinion) kooky uncle.
Old 2014-08-26, 20:52   Link #3863
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
What annoyed me was that in RoS we were supposed to find more about Leah's fate/current status, yet there was no mention of it at all. TBH I didn't mind Leah, she was just the usual spunky teenager with (in her opinion) kooky uncle.
But..even after he died because of some witch...she still didn't believe him...
Old 2014-08-26, 21:02   Link #3864
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Given that unlike with Albrecht and Aidan, Diablo didn't revert to Leah's body, I suspect she was absorbed into the Black Soulstone. I figure there's a definite chance we'll find out in the next expansion, now that the Black Soulstone is destroyed.

Also, according to backstory and supplemental materials, a great deal of Leah's skepticism came about because she's really good at blocking out traumatic memories and such. Also, look at this way: Sanctuary's always getting invaded by demons in its recent history. Why in the world would she think this invasion be special?
Old 2014-08-27, 00:53   Link #3865
Yorae_paladin1

i don't think there will be an expansion but this will be for diablo 4
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 00:55   Link #3866
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, there's been very strong implications that there will be a second expansion for Diablo 3, for the same reasons that Starcraft 2 is getting a second expansion. No outright confirmation unlike Starcraft 2, but the developers have said they want more than one for D3.
Old 2014-08-27, 08:38   Link #3867
Yorae_paladin1

I don't see that happening since the only baddie is diablo prime evil perhaps possessing your hero but who then will bring him down plus it takes quite a long time for diablo to resurrect when dissipated right now he is just small soul
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 10:23   Link #3868
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

So 2.1 is finally here, I log on... swap some skills out (as some became useless, and some entirely disappeared) ... and SHAZAM! My toughness went up to 21 million. Sheesh.

Jumped into T5 rift with a friend, and it was a complete breeze. Never imagined I could just chill standing in a frozen pulse, lol.
Pretty sure we can handle T6 now, although it may not be time-efficient.

Got some keys of trial, so we tried out that new Greater Rifts. Fun stuff!
GR23 was no problem, but came to halt at GR24. It was close though.
From what I hear, GR28 or so is T6 level.

The new legendary gems drop like crazy, but I wish Ralamandi's Gift wasn't such a rare drop.
Got a tab full of weapons I want to add sockets to (without sacrificing a primary affix).

Good stuff good stuff... and 2h are actually useful now, woot!
Old 2014-08-27, 12:53   Link #3869
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Jeez, I don't know how you people can make your way through Torment 5 and 6. Me and my brother will be lucky if we can cook up something that can survive Torment 3; we still have some trouble with Torment 2.
Old 2014-08-28, 04:43   Link #3870
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Jeez, I don't know how you people can make your way through Torment 5 and 6. Me and my brother will be lucky if we can cook up something that can survive Torment 3; we still have some trouble with Torment 2.
All the classes have class sets that can make lower torments a cakewalk.
(Both Raekor and Immortal for Barbs, Raiment for monks, Akkarat for Crusaders, Jade or a pet build of any kind for WD, etc)
Focus a build around a class set of your choice, and even combine useful 2/3 sets with Ring of Royal Grandeur.

For paper stats, if you can cough up 1 million DPS (after elemental damage) and 8~10 million toughness, T2 and T3 should be a stroll in the park. You should be able to rush through rifts in 10min or less.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/45124886
For reference, both my Raiment lightning monk (1.3m DPS) and Akkarat Fist of Heavens fire crusader (1.2m DPS) can do T4 with ease, and we comfortably walk through T5 rifts. My friend uses a cookie cutter Leapquake (Lut socks + Might of Earth set) Barbarian.
Before the patch we were doing T3 and T4s though.

If you have your armory, I can give some suggestions! (if it's a class I'm familiar with of course. )
Old 2014-08-28, 04:53   Link #3871
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I've got one part of the Akkhan's set for my Crusader, but nothing else--prior to the update, I've mostly been getting fucked over on Legendary drops. I mean, sure, I was getting a good share of them per run, but just about all of them statistically shit.

Here's my profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/R.../hero/50485777
My brother's: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/50707023

I've only reached level 70 for my male Crusader Rua. My brother has achieved level 70 with his Demon Hunter Montevada, and his female Crusader Anajinn. As we are both after a Skycutter sword for me (just a personal preference for my male Crusader), we've both been using Crusaders for the endgame events and such. Prior to 2.1, my brother's Demon Hunter just couldn't survive. Dunno if that's changed since the update.

I definitely know we need better gems for our gear. The stat difference between the gems in my Crusader and your Monk is pretty clear. Unfortunately, getting the gold for it problematic, and I already spent a disgusting amount just getting my Flawless Royal Topaz for the farming I need to do.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2014-08-28 at 05:04.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 05:06   Link #3872
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Gotcha.
Yeah, your brother should be a lot tougher now with the massive armor boost from dex with the 2.1 patch.

Looks like you have some room to tweak while waiting for a good drop.
The first huge damage boost you can easily achieve would be putting a socket on that sword, and tossing an Emerald in there. Re-roll the attack speed (although this will lower the paper DPS on the toolbox, no worries) to a socket. If you're low on money, you can just use Marquise for now, the upgrade of gem only increases the Critical damage by 5%.

Once the Crit damage gem is in your weapon, you will likely see a very large DPS increase.

Now roll the armor on your gauntlet to critical hit damage. Max is 50, but if you can get 40 and above, you'd be ok for now.

Just those two should see a very large increase in your clear speed. Keep clearing T1/T2 rifts and gamble your bloodshards for Akkarat sets, and you'll be all set in no time!

The critical ideal ratio is 1:10 for crit hit chance (CHC) and crit hit damage (CHD).
Meaning, if you have 30 CHC, but less than 300 CHD, raise the CHD. If you have more than 300 CHD, try to raise CHC to match it. So on.
Old 2014-08-28, 05:13   Link #3873
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My Grandfather's already got a reroll on that +damage %, so if I want attack speed with it, I'll need to acquire the socket-adding legendary from the update. I was planning on replacing it with Skycutter, and the Piro Marella being replaced with a Hallowed Barricade (my Crusader was mostly for personal and aesthetic reasons, rather than competitive, but he's the strongest I have currently. The rest I plan on building up to his level too.), but I'm aware that Skycutter will be a considerable damage decrease in comparison, though the skill change that comes with it, plus the holy damage I can stack with my skills, may even it out somewhat.

EDIT: And I see it already has an attack speed stat on it, so increasing that is impossible. The change in the + damage% was an attempt to acquire a socket on it, but I ran out of money and resources before I could, so I settled for +9 damage% increase. It was originally +6% of the same.
Old 2014-08-28, 05:23   Link #3874
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh, I see the reroll. I'm pretty certain an increase of 110-130 CHD would be greater than a 9% increase though.
For vast majority of builds, you just can't not have an emerald on weapon.. it's far too considerable an increase.
You should come across a useful 2handed flail for the crusader some time, make sure and socket an emerald in it.

I'm a 1 handed flail user, actually have a Darklight sitting in my stash and a Magefist waiting for the sader. Just need an Akarat boots so I can replace the gloves, and I should reach over 1.5 million DPS AND that amazing Darklight legendary effect. Kadala will eventually give me what I want.
Then if I can stack a bit more CDR, my sader should start wiping the floor in T6 rifts.

You also want to eventually choose an element of your choice, and wear % damage increase for it.
Old 2014-08-28, 05:29   Link #3875
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pain in the ass as it may be to acquire, the Gift item will help me immensely when it comes to items. I'd prefer Holy damage, given my desire for Skycutter, but given that the crit-chance rune for Slash is Fire damage, I'll likely have to settle for that. Otherwise, though, I just haven't found any weapon that surpasses the Grandfather in overall usefulness stat-wise.
Old 2014-08-28, 06:22   Link #3876
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh you will. By the time you replace all those yellow gear with sets and legs, you should have hanful of useful 2hs.
Maximus or Fate of the Fell for example.

I just went to farm some goblins... FIRST pair I came across today I got the gate to Greed's domain!
I wish I had more gold gear and wasn't running on T3... only got 35 million gold out of that run.
I heard upwards of 200m for some players. Fun stuff, defenitely nice to get during the community event buff.

Got the Boon of the Hoarder though, exactly what I came here for. Awesome gem.
My money problem is gone forever!!
Old 2014-08-28, 11:40   Link #3877
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Already have a Maximus, but it has crap stats on it too.
Old 2014-09-30, 03:57   Link #3878
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Torment 6 is a joke now, once you got the legendary gems leveled to activate the 2ndary effect.
Got all my mains up to T6 capable.
Old 2014-09-30, 04:08   Link #3879
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I haven't been able to play on account of AT&T server fuckups killing my connection speed. When I have been able to play, my brother and I keep getting shortchanged on Greater Rift Keys. We've yet to get one, and we've yet to get into a Vault. Frustrating. :k

Which Legendary Gems do you recommend getting for T6?
Old 2014-09-30, 08:59   Link #3880
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

You will get all of them, gems are 100% drop from Greater Rift bosses until you've got all.
And the rift keystone is 100% as well from a Rift boss, you should never get shortchanged.
It's called keystone of trials, which you fight endless waves of mobs to determine which level of greater rift you are ready for.

As for useful ones... nearly all of them are useful, just depends on build.
For example, Bane of the trapped (+x% damage to all enemies under effects of movement impairment) is great for melee, once you get it to rank 25 it adds a secondary effect of slowing all enemies around you, which of course triggers the primary effect of extra damage.
Monk's slow aura works well, and Barbarian's Furious Charge with all rune effect from the Raekor set.

Wreath of Lightning is very powerful, it procs a conduit proc for 3 seconds, hitting everything within 30 yards of so with 600% damage every second. With a high proc-coefficiency skill (like WotHF - FoF rune) it's up almost all the time. At rank 25 it's over 850% damage and also increases your movement speed by 25% while procced.

And so on... Zei which outputs more damage the further away you are is great for ranged obviously, and Enforcer that straight up increases damage and defense of pets is great for any pet build.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler