AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-03-12, 17:27   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1110 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

How's it going, guys? It's that time again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "Falling Stars". The cover story turns out to focus on Yamato's adventures in Wano! Currently, the Oden wannabe is hanging out with Momonosuke.

-Continuing from last time, with seven minutes remaining until Vegapunk's broadcast starts, the rest of the elders have made it to Egghead.... and are already in their transformed states, no less! Like Saturn, they're all based on yokai. Saturn himself is a Gyuki, or cattle demon! V. Nusjuro is a Bakotsu, or skeletal horse. Ju Peter is a Sandworm, a gigantic worm (most likely based on the ones from Dune), while Warcury a huge wild boar known as the Houki! Last, but not least, Marcus Mars is a gargantuan bird known as the Itsumade!

-V. Nasjuro detects where all the Pacifistas are, transforms into his hybrid mode, and instantly takes out the cyborgs! He has a freezing power that can disable their circuitry and immobilize them! Mars attempts to attack the lab, but the barrier blocks him. Meanwhile, Usopp manages to save the Sunny by stopping it with bamboo, while Sanji tells everyone via den den to escape right away.... and to not concern themselves with him and Luffy. It's at this moment that Jinbei reaches Zoro, who's still fighting Lucci. When he tells Sanji this, the cook comments that the swordsman is dead weight.... which visibly annoys him. Just as Lucci attacks him, Zoro instantly counters with a devastating three-sword technique.... which takes down the agent.

.Meanwhile, as Luffy continues battling Saturn, Ju Peter burrows underground and attempts to swallow the young emperor from below.... but he gets stopped by none other than Dorry and Brogy, who slice his head off! Yes, the giants arrived to back up the rubber man....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2024-03-19 at 17:15.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 01:55   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I'm hoping Dorry and Broggy would aid Luffy first, followed by Oimo and Kashi.

For Zoro to defeat Rob Lucci, it'll be quite a blow for Rob Lucci, losing against the First Mate of Straw hats.
Ramero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 12:12   Link #3
Gerard07

Seeing the spoilers, the Goroise have curious and interesting fruits, and it leads me to wonder; What will be the fruit of Imu?, and Zoro finally defeated Lucci (it was taking a long time in my opinion), I hope that he, Jinbe and Sanji go to help Luffy and the giants fight with the Goroise (I know Sanji is with Vegapunk, but I hope he also joins the fight against the old guys), expect more spoilers!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 16:37   Link #4
marvelB

OP updated! Damn, the elders' beast designs are wild! I especially dig V. Nusjuro's. Speaking of, now that Zoro finished the appetizer that is Lucci, perhaps it's time for him to move on to the main course....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 17:03   Link #5
Rainbowman

So aside from the bearded bull-headed spider, we have a reptilian bird similar to the bird frackles from Jim Henson’s The Great Santa Claus Switch, a boar worthy to face Gannondorf, a skeleton horse that may have been created from King Sombra and King Sauron, and Beetlejuice’s worst nightmare, the sand worm.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 18:05   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
OP updated! Damn, the elders' beast designs are wild! I especially dig V. Nusjuro's. Speaking of, now that Zoro finished the appetizer that is Lucci, perhaps it's time for him to move on to the main course....?
Given Nusjuro's feat in this chapter, Zoro doesn't stand a single chance. He sounds impossibly fast and has incredibly mastery of the blade. He'll be his final opponent.
Old 2024-03-14, 23:44   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Given Nusjuro's feat in this chapter, Zoro doesn't stand a single chance. He sounds impossibly fast and has incredibly mastery of the blade. He'll be his final opponent.
Wondering if Mihawk does tussles with him at least once. Also, for the title of the strongest swordsman, probably could be excluding dealing with Nusjuro, or perhaps including engaging him and survived.
Ramero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 12:05   Link #8
Homura7

The arc went from 0 to 100 real quick.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 12:45   Link #9
necrolyte

Awesome chapter!! And not just this one, the latest 2-3 chapters are FIRE. I am really buying the current development and having the 5 elders fight agains Luffy is making things even better.

On a different topic, I think that somehow Vegapunk will stream the fight between Luffy against the elders and the whole world might even see their defeat real time. This would be awesome imo and I can't wait to see what will happen next.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 13:21   Link #10
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

I honestly cannot tell where this is going to go. I cannot see the elders being defeated at this point, so that can only really mean either:

A) Strawhats flee
B) Luffy is defeated and captured.

So the elders transformation are all based on yokai, well as long as Imu isn't based on Nurarihyon, I'm fine with it.
Old 2024-03-15, 14:18   Link #11
The Small One

Did the Giants behead Ju Peter to free Luffy? Would be a rather quick end.

But on the other hand, if they really fear Nika so much, they must have a good reason for it, so their End seems to be inavoidable sooner or later.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 15:07   Link #12
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, the rest of the Goroise appeared in their Mythological forms (although Saturn's face has hardly changed XD), the way V. Nusjuro cuts and freezes reminds me a little of Brook, Zoro finally defeats Lucci, and the Giants saved Luffy from Jupiter, wait for the next chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 15:53   Link #13
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Wondering if Mihawk does tussles with him at least once. Also, for the title of the strongest swordsman, probably could be excluding dealing with Nusjuro, or perhaps including engaging him and survived.
Or maybe all of those “Fraudhawk” memes were actually correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
I honestly cannot tell where this is going to go. I cannot see the elders being defeated at this point, so that can only really mean either:

A) Strawhats flee
B) Luffy is defeated and captured.

So the elders transformation are all based on yokai, well as long as Imu isn't based on Nurarihyon, I'm fine with it.
Technically only three of the elders are based on yokai, Warcury’s Boar form is based on a Chinese legend, and Ju Peter’s sand wyrm is based on the creature from modern fantasies and RPGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
Awesome chapter!! And not just this one, the latest 2-3 chapters are FIRE. I am really buying the current development and having the 5 elders fight agains Luffy is making things even better.

On a different topic, I think that somehow Vegapunk will stream the fight between Luffy against the elders and the whole world might even see their defeat real time. This would be awesome imo and I can't wait to see what will happen next.
It’s still too early for the Elder Stars to fall.

Last edited by Jmariofan7; 2024-03-15 at 16:11.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 19:38   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Did the Giants behead Ju Peter to free Luffy? Would be a rather quick end.

But on the other hand, if they really fear Nika so much, they must have a good reason for it, so their End seems to be inavoidable sooner or later.
It's obviously not just Saturn who is immortal. They all are.
Old 2024-03-16, 11:29   Link #15
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
We are due for some Mihawk character development. I’d like to know who he beat to earn his title as strongest. Seems like Odin was the strongest that we’ve seen in the story before him, but they never fought. Also I absolutely love Zoro’s finishing move on Lucci. That one Felt good.

Seems like we could use the revolutionary army Calvary at this point. They might be a good counter to the elders. Also Bonney seems destined to join them just like her father did, and whatever pacifistas are left would greatly bolster the Revolutionary army strength.

Also can’t wait to see that old robot come to life and join the frey
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 03:37   Link #16
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Glad to know that we're finally dealing with some of the more mysterious enemies at last. Though honestly, these guys feel like the annoying mini-bosses before you face the Big Bosses. Which is this case would be Blackbeard, Akainu.. and Imu.

Speaking of Imu, I really wonder what kind of power he(?) that even these Elders are below Imu.

Here's hoping that 2024 is full of crazy beatdowns via the Straw Hats! (and NOT them getting beaten down until we hit Laugh Tale, maybe)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 07:41   Link #17
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

So Elders are just another zoan-type devil fruit users?? Little bit letdown because that means their weakness are also sea water.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 23:50   Link #18
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
So Elders are just another zoan-type devil fruit users?? Little bit letdown because that means their weakness are also sea water.
Mythical Zoans were stated to be the strongest Devil Fruits, so it kinda checks out. Although there’s probably more to them than that.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-21, 14:44   Link #19
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Just because their powers resembles the powers of Devil Fruits, it doesn't have to be the same kind of power.
Assuming that the DF come from the defeated ancient kingdom, which was the enemies of what now became the WG, it may be possible, that their powers is something similar but still different.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote