Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 01:45   Link #5881
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Unless you have a Kindle device from Japan, you cannot buy books from there. At least it doesn't work like that for me :S
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 02:32   Link #5882
NTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Unless you have a Kindle device from Japan, you cannot buy books from there. At least it doesn't work like that for me :S
I do have a kindle device from Japan. I can buy books not only from Amazon Japan but also from Amazon China. Device doesn't matter, what matters is the account. You must have an account of Amazon Japan. You can read it with Apple and Andorid device. With kindle version you will no longer be scanlator, because you don't have to scan books and magazines any more.

Edit:Just now I made a test. With an ipad and USA's IP, I bought a free book from Amazon Japan. I don't mind apply a new account for you

Last edited by NTC; 2014-02-04 at 03:12.
NTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 09:40   Link #5883
Nickiweston

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Yeah. The Picture Drama comes with Blu Ray box set 2. Box Set 1 comes with a Double Box to hold Set 1 and 2 which features Proto Zero and Epyon EW on it so in some way it does include some Frozen art.

As for pick ups, I grabbed my copy from Amiami. They have really competitive prices as far as imports go, so I grabbed it there. I will be grabbing the new EW and Odds/Evens BR Box Set from there as well.

You can also check out cdjapan, that is who Import the new releases of Glory and Frozen Teardrop from. They get pre orders up early, where as alot of other places take a while, and some never bother with the Novels/Manga.
Ah! That's sounds so sweet!
I did check CDJapan but got a little confused with the description there, for some reason it says that Box Set 2 comes with "Blind Target 1" Drama CD, I think they might have meant the Picture Drama

I think I'll check Amiami but it depends really if they ship to the UK as that is were I live and getting anime over here is a bit of a rarity these days
Nickiweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 10:31   Link #5884
Halberd
ARX-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTC View Post
for the copy of FT and GOL, one can also get that from kindle store in Amazon.co.jp, a competitive price, no additional fees and lower price than books. You can get the complete illustration just by using screenshot.
The only thing to worry is that if your country can activate the account directly or you must use a vpn
not sure about frozen teardrop, but unicorn usually had illustrations from its serialization which were left out of the volumes.

that being said, I'd love that illustration of snow white with the sieben zwerge from volume 6 or 7, iirc
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 11:09   Link #5885
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Thanks a lot gordol. The pics look sick.
Old 2014-02-04, 11:55   Link #5886
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickiweston View Post
Ah! That's sounds so sweet!
I did check CDJapan but got a little confused with the description there, for some reason it says that Box Set 2 comes with "Blind Target 1" Drama CD, I think they might have meant the Picture Drama

I think I'll check Amiami but it depends really if they ship to the UK as that is were I live and getting anime over here is a bit of a rarity these days
Nah, that isn't the Picture Drama, both Box Sets come with a CD Audio Drama of Blind Target, and that is what that listing is meaning.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 13:50   Link #5887
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
I do have a kindle device from Japan. I can buy books not only from Amazon Japan but also from Amazon China. Device doesn't matter, what matters is the account. You must have an account of Amazon Japan. You can read it with Apple and Andorid device. With kindle version you will no longer be scanlator, because you don't have to scan books and magazines any more.

Edit:Just now I made a test. With an ipad and USA's IP, I bought a free book from Amazon Japan. I don't mind apply a new account for you
I have an Amazon Japan account, however, it never lets me download Kindle books to my device I wouldn't be able to purchase my manga and stuff without an amazon japan acct :P

I use the same account for Amazon as I do Amazon Japan (they come up the same). However, there is no way for it to detect the device. It has to be a Japanese kindle, from what I've read and inquired.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2014-02-04 at 14:18.
Old 2014-02-04, 20:56   Link #5888
NTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I have an Amazon Japan account, however, it never lets me download Kindle books to my device I wouldn't be able to purchase my manga and stuff without an amazon japan acct :P

I use the same account for Amazon as I do Amazon Japan (they come up the same). However, there is no way for it to detect the device. It has to be a Japanese kindle, from what I've read and inquired.
Believe it or not, it depends you. Would you like to show me the Atogaki in Vol.9 if you succeed by following my step?

The following steps I think it works for everyone here.
1.Apply a new account in Amazon japan, better a different mail address from your existed account.
2.Set your country as Japan(Point!).Under My Kindle/Country Setting(居住国设定)
3.Sign up with your device(Kindle、Android or Apple device ),Android or Apple device should install a kindle app.
4.Under My Kindle/Country Setting(端末の管理),to check if your device is in the list.
5.Then choose a free book to enjoy 1-click download.
kindle/kindle本/無料本
6.It should be done by Step 5. But if shows question asking if you are abroad, then you should change your ip.(USA'Ip should be ok)

@Halberd, if you mean this pic?
NTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 22:39   Link #5889
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

No, I tried changing my country listing and it still doesn't work. Because the US versions are locked via the app store, there is no way around registering the kindle for Japanese sales. Heck, even if you leave Japan, they tell you that you cannot access the store anymore. I'll try from my iPhone but I doubt I'll have any luck there.

Edit: I got it to go to my iPhone... now I just have to figure out how to get the damn thing off!

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2014-02-04 at 22:57.
Old 2014-02-05, 06:56   Link #5890
Halberd
ARX-6

Quote:
Believe it or not, it depends you. Would you like to show me the Atogaki in Vol.9 if you succeed by following my step?

The following steps I think it works for everyone here.
1.Apply a new account in Amazon japan, better a different mail address from your existed account.
2.Set your country as Japan(Point!).Under My Kindle/Country Setting(居住国设定)
3.Sign up with your device(Kindle、Android or Apple device ),Android or Apple device should install a kindle app.
4.Under My Kindle/Country Setting(端末の管理),to check if your device is in the list.
5.Then choose a free book to enjoy 1-click download.
kindle/kindle本/無料本
6.It should be done by Step 5. But if shows question asking if you are abroad, then you should change your ip.(USA'Ip should be ok)

@Halberd, if you mean this pic?
holy shit, that one. thanks a lot!
Old 2014-02-06, 08:10   Link #5891
He00Ro

About the location of vulcans in Epyon, I got this for you from the picture drama

Spoiler for Epyon:

From this photo we can see that the location of the vulcans is somehow below the antenna so it will not conflict with it when it fires
He00Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 09:44   Link #5892
Halberd
ARX-6

I don't think those are vulcans. where are you guys getting that the Epyon has any, from the novels?
Old 2014-02-06, 14:53   Link #5893
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by He00Ro View Post
About the location of vulcans in Epyon, I got this for you from the picture drama

Spoiler for Epyon:

From this photo we can see that the location of the vulcans is somehow below the antenna so it will not conflict with it when it fires
That is Epyon EW as designed by Katoki. It doesn't have vulcans of any kind. You can double check this on model kit he designed.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 18:28   Link #5894
Washu-Chan