AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 20:44   Link #81
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Nah, I was just wondering.

Spoiler for Possible futur characters:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 22:26   Link #82
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Wasn't that impresse at all with the first episode really >.> I do like Seiren though. Just so should have made another Doremi or something with this concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Sailormoon is Hummy...

Why does Toei completely revamp the Precure/Pretty Cure series every so often?

For a variety of reasons cited I won't go into here, earlier mahou shoujo series never lasted more than a few years, including Toei's own popular Sailormoon and Doremi series.

So they took a cue, I have read, from their highly successful live action tokusatsu series like the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider series, which have gone on for decades, and totally overhaul the Precure series every year or two.

And it seems to be working so far, with the Precure series in its eighth year.

(Sailormoon lasted only five years, from 1992-1997.)
In Japan longer running shows are the most popular. You can see from TV rating for anime long running series make it for top spots example One Piece, DBZ (kai), Pokemon, Detective Conan (god how long is this o_o), Naruto and Pretty Cure are in the top ten almost every week. I think a certain familiarity goes along with it and the fanbase will stick to it longer.

IMO I really wish they would axe pretty cure and just make a new damn series. Since Heartcatch was the only Pretty Cure to actually break from the rest I'm giving some of the newer ones a go. But seriously just like try and make something new u_u.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 23:12   Link #83
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
IMO I really wish they would axe pretty cure and just make a new damn series. Since Heartcatch was the only Pretty Cure to actually break from the rest I'm giving some of the newer ones a go. But seriously just like try and make something new u_u.
Well, would you make a change if you've hit upon a reliable formula that makes money? I'm not too impressed by Suite's first episode either (even though it was pretty much what I expected, since Toei never has two consecutive good seasons), but I doubt it would be any less successful than the others. Toei won't make something new unless their target audience's tastes change.

At the very least, Suite does seem to have better art/animation than Fresh or Yes/Go Go so far, since I don't see any cheap shortcuts yet. Hummy's happy cat personality is pretty amusing, so that's also a plus. Even if the script turns out as stale and formulaic as I expect it won't be worse than anything that's come before, and if the writers have some pleasant surprises coming up this may even turn out great.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 05:17   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
and if the writers have some pleasant surprises coming up this may even turn out great.
Do away with those villains and bring in a new bunch for starters.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:11   Link #85
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Do away with those villains and bring in a new bunch for starters.
I just pretend Siren is the only one.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:42   Link #86
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
I just pretend Siren is the only one.
That's a solution. I might do the same, starting next episode.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 06:49   Link #87
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
In Japan longer running shows are the most popular. You can see from TV rating for anime long running series make it for top spots example One Piece, DBZ (kai), Pokemon, Detective Conan (god how long is this o_o), Naruto and Pretty Cure are in the top ten almost every week. I think a certain familiarity goes along with it and the fanbase will stick to it longer.

I know. I'm the one who started posting Japanese TV anime ratings on this forum more than a few years ago.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...vision+ratings
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:10   Link #88
jcdietz03

Plot for today's episode (predicted):
Hibiki+Kanade lose & run away, get some advice, fight again, power up, and finally use their finisher. Maybe the flashback scene shown in the preview has something to do with the power up.

I will be surprised if they change this up. Like for example, winning easily against Negatone 1 and ending the episode at another cliffhanger.

We get to see the finisher for the first time, so that should be interesting. Also, we get to see fisticuffs (hopefully). That should be interesting too.

Remember that when magical girl warriors are losing, their uniform always looks slightly dirty. Be sure to watch for it.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 21:18   Link #89
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Kamen Cure Hibiki 02 - A Little Light Music:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 07:41   Link #90
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Spoiler for Episode 02:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 17:01   Link #91
yongshun

Why does this series kinda remind me the second set of precures? With all the hand holding and such.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:19   Link #92
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Yup, this is definitely my favorite season of Pretty Cure so far... well, out of the ones I've seen... which was... HeartCatch... and now this. :3

I personally love how they have to harmonize and work together to even get their powers to work, it reminds me of what little I've seen of the original Pretty Cure.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 20:18   Link #93
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

The thing that threw me for a loop in the first episode was the record -- how many young kids nowadays would even recognize an LP?

It was nostalgic to hear Hidaka Noriko and Mitsuishi Kotono again though.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 22:15   Link #94
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Well, would you make a change if you've hit upon a reliable formula that makes money? I'm not too impressed by Suite's first episode either (even though it was pretty much what I expected, since Toei never has two consecutive good seasons), but I doubt it would be any less successful than the others. Toei won't make something new unless their target audience's tastes change.

At the very least, Suite does seem to have better art/animation than Fresh or Yes/Go Go so far, since I don't see any cheap shortcuts yet. Hummy's happy cat personality is pretty amusing, so that's also a plus. Even if the script turns out as stale and formulaic as I expect it won't be worse than anything that's come before, and if the writers have some pleasant surprises coming up this may even turn out great.
Well obviously I just mentioned how popular it was in my post >.>. I also put IMO, because I'm sick of having the same thing over and over. Just make a new magical girl franchise it isn't so hard, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
I know. I'm the one who started posting Japanese TV anime ratings on this forum more than a few years ago.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...vision+ratings
Then why post the question earlier
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 22:40   Link #95
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
because I'm sick of having the same thing over and over.
Once you've got the basic formula down, you appreciate the differences each entry brings to the franchise a little more. Because Toei does try to come up with something to differentiate each entry in their franchises, be it in character dynamics, merchandising gimmicks, or plot twists. You can focus on the execution rather than the premise.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 23:01   Link #96
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Finished watching the second epsiode:

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2011-02-13 at 23:17.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 23:26   Link #97
gsilver

Hope you guys don't mind if I'm cheating on my main forum to repost things here.

Episode 2:

The music: It's kind of funny how they're using music in this show. They're using tunes that are more appropriate for emotional climaxes at every little bit of drama in the show. It comes across as being rather melodramatic.

The story on why Kanade and Hibiki were angry with each other in the first episode was seriously weaksauce. Yeah, I know that A) it can't be that bad, period, because of the show and B) they needed to put it aside quickly, but I wish that there were a better story behind it.

I like Hummy. She's funny. Wow... This is the first time I've taken to a Precure mascot so quickly.

While the transformation sequences are a bit boring compared to Heartcatch's, I do like the dramatic looking shot of Melody and her twintails as they transform.

Some things that didn't sit right, but overall a good episode. I'll probably stop posting every episode after a few more as not all that much happens (and the actual plot developments in this episode, at least, were silly). It's cute, funny, and an enjoyable watch, even if it's decidedly B territory.
Old 2011-02-14, 01:01   Link #98
scr
my sides are in orbit

In this episode of suite precure: how to repair a broken marriage.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 01:12   Link #99
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Episode 2 was good overall the fight in the beginning was really funny, and the Erika look alike girl kinda hinted Cure Marine might be the most popular cure.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 04:54   Link #100
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
In this episode of suite precure: how to repair a broken marriage.
So does that mean Mephisto offers them a deal where he tries to get them to sell it to him because Joe Quesada's a dumbass?

(Sorry, I've been waiting for an opportunity to make a Spider-Man: One More Day joke since I heard the villain was called Mephisto)
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote