AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 90 62.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 23.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 7.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.39%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-24, 17:34   Link #101
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah thanks for the update. The post I read was unclear whether they meant 'classical style' or actually 'classical'.

I'm rather anxious to hear it with the special 'akira style'
Old 2007-07-24, 19:04   Link #102
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
It's not classical, it's new, Just like new country western singles come up now and then in the US.
really? :O wow...i guess it is just a classic theme used then...had no idea that these types of songs where "hits" in japan...or is retro the new definition of cool? in any case i just love it for bringing back memories! ^.^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-24, 20:46   Link #103
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
really? :O wow...i guess it is just a classic theme used then...had no idea that these types of songs where "hits" in japan...or is retro the new definition of cool? in any case i just love it for bringing back memories! ^.^
Who said these were hits? Are new country western songs in the US listened to by the majority of the Britney Spears-or-teen-heartthrob listening pubescent teens in your country? I doubt so.

Sadly enka is our culture and new release do come out here and then, but those who buy them are the older generations of Japanese who are dying out rapidly. Heck 40 and 50 year olds don't listen to enka because they were brought up listening to GS and American pop culture. Enka is a dying culture...which is struggling to keep itself alive admist the so called "mainstream" JPOP.

Of course, I'm sure "Misoji Misaki" will probably attain high ranks in the Oricon charts not because it's enka, but because it's an anime ED song in which 2channelers would probably start yet another "let's make this song attain number one in Oricon wwwww" type of hype. Is it going to sell? Yes. Is it selling because it's enka? Probably not.
Old 2007-07-24, 20:58   Link #104
Luminisk

Eeeewwww you mentioned Britney Spears... her spotlight dimmed quite a while ago, and like many dying or dead celebrities she's a few nuts and bolt short of a train wreck. We make our heroes just as easily as we break them over here.

Old 2007-07-24, 21:30   Link #105
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Who said these were hits? Are new country western songs in the US listened to by the majority of the Britney Spears-or-teen-heartthrob listening pubescent teens in your country? I doubt so.

Sadly enka is our culture and new release do come out here and then, but those who buy them are the older generations of Japanese who are dying out rapidly. Heck 40 and 50 year olds don't listen to enka because they were brought up listening to GS and American pop culture. Enka is a dying culture...which is struggling to keep itself alive admist the so called "mainstream" JPOP.
Many forms of American music manage to maintain a steady-state with occasional surges (bluegrass, folk music, gospel, hawaiian, instrumental, "the standards", various period jazz).
I would hope Enka isn't dying so much as settling into a small niche. All it takes is a generation to "rediscover it". I understand that japanese antiques, traditional dress, and tiny mom'n'pop type restaurants are getting a revival as young moderns find an other way to be different.
Old 2007-07-24, 23:28   Link #106
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Maybe 10 years from now, enka will be in thing again in Japan. Culture often recycled all the time.
Old 2007-07-24, 23:32   Link #107
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Wahaha... I finally watched it! So beyond happy! What a great episode! Yukai Dance by Kona, Patty makes her debute as Mikuru, Kyon and Nagato guest stars, a lot more chara development on Kagami's second-class friends AND elder Hiiragi sisters! A chikan Konata feeling up Minami! Obscure jokes about obscure references! AND AN ENKA ENDING!!! WOW! AKIRA SAMA!!! WOHOO! What a great song! I must buy this ED! WWWW!

This is by far the BEST episode! More Characters, Otaku baits, AND J-culture gems! Another Enka education to the Otakus in Japan and foreign lands! Akira-sama go them Enka skills y'all! See how she lips move to vibrate during the Zabi? That's how you sing an Enka song!

Man, I will have to sit down and really write a good ref post for this baby... I am so happy...

It looks like our gaijin comments brought out kj1980-dono!

Quote:
Hey I listen to Enka... well... I enjoy them when I hear them on TV... jk-sama, Enka is probably the farthest thing we fansub gaijins will get toward real Japanese culture... take a easy on us neh?

Quote:
Of course, I'm sure "Misoji Misaki" will probably attain high ranks in the Oricon charts not because it's enka, but because it's an anime ED song in which 2channelers would probably start yet another "let's make this song attain number one in Oricon wwwww" type of hype. Is it going to sell? Yes. Is it selling because it's enka? Probably not.
Hey I'll buy it just because it's a really good Enka song! BTW, the awesome ED is performed the Akira's Seiyuu right? Shiraishi gets real screen time and now Hiromi-chan did one too! Wow, this is spectacular! That ED is great! I've watched a lot of enka MV and this is a really good one neh... the background, the hand gesture, the way her lips move, superb! L*S got hundreds if not thousands of otakus and gaijins to sit through an ENKA MV... come on, is't that just beyond amazing? It's on sale 8/29? I'm buying it for sure!

\ヽ\           }: }        『 三十路岬(みそじみさき) / 歌:小神あきら 』
              __ ... - ー≠ : : :  ̄ ̄: :> 、  l:ノ     
          , イ: : : : : : : : : : /: : : : : : : : : : : :\/        (前説・白石) 寒さ染み入る日本海、愛する人は今いずこ、芸能界の荒波をたった一人で泳ぎ 行く
         /: : : :__/: : : : : /:/^/`ー―rv: : : : : : :\        歌っていただきましょう 小神あきらさんで “ 三十路岬 ”
        /-‐   /: : : /: / / /     | |: : : : : : : : :ヽ    
            /: : : : / : 斗メ、/     l│:j: : : : : ヽ : ハ     ♪ ひ~とり語り し~ても い~です~か~? ♪
              /: : : : /: : :/|/ |     /'T7ヽ、: : : :| : : }     ♪ か~もめにそ~っと 呟いた~ ♪
          /: :, イ /: : :/ .ィ=ミ     /  |∧ : : : : : | ',: :|     ♪ 女、一途な真心乗せて 北の海風 いてついた ♪
            |: / |: |: : /〃ィ心      /  V: : |: : |: :∨     ♪ はぐれぇ~ 恋散る~ 恨み~節さえ~(力強く!)♪←ここポイント
            |/  '|: | : ハ |v:爿    _   V: :|: : |: : :\     
              ∠Ⅵ/( } 込V    三ミx  | : j : ム: : : : ヽ   ♪ 遠~いあんたにゃ 届かない ♪
             / ァ^).:.:.:.        ヾ> | ∧:/: :\: 「  ♪ たたずーんで 泣きぬ~れてぇ~ ♪
      /´  ̄ ̄7´_.ィ个 、   ー'ーr  .:.:.:.  j/-j;': : : : :ヽ     ♪ みーそじ みさぁ~きぃ~~ ♪
     /      / } } レ'   />.、 ー '    <「 : |\: : : ヽ: ハ
.      ′      ムー'  |   , -=≦厂´ 「ヽ : |∧|  \: : |\}   ※ こなたとパティが歌う 『コスって!オーマイ ハニー』 8月29日発売
      }   ヽ    |    ムイ    /   /  \       ヽj ランティスオワタ\(^o^)/ これ、ハルヒとミクルじゃね? (((( ;゜Д゜)))ガクガクブルブル
Old 2007-07-24, 23:54   Link #108
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
i cant believe how great this episode is,Haruhi,Miyuki,Miyuki's mom,moar Haruhi,and then the Lucky Channel/Ending was EXCELLENT! its
<.< sorry its just one of the banners i made lazily
Old 2007-07-25, 02:41   Link #109
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Hey, its true that the guy who takes photos of Tsukasa is the director of Haruhi, Eshihara Tatsuya?
Old 2007-07-25, 05:02   Link #110
takumi2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
Hey, its true that the guy who takes photos of Tsukasa is the director of Haruhi, Eshihara Tatsuya?
Holy crap it is him!

Old 2007-07-25, 07:18   Link #111
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Then if the first one is the director...who's the other guy that wants Tsukasa's photo taken?
Old 2007-07-25, 08:38   Link #112
takumi2k4

I can't really tell, but it could be Yutaka Yamamoto. It's really hard to tell since we can't actually see his face, but this is what Yamamoto looks like:

He's the guy with the glasses that's sitting beside Aya.

Yamamoto appears in most of the "making of" shorts from the Haruhi DVD, the only one where he didn't show up was where Minorin, Yuko, and Aya were having a photoshoot in a school. It's on the 2nd vol. of the R1 Haruhi DVD's.

EDIT: Man, this whole director switching thing is confusing me. Yutaka Yamamoto was the one KyoAni dropped right? If that's the case, then it could be that the second guy is just a random passerby, unless Yasuhiro Takemoto wears glasses as well. Unless Yamamoto is still in cahoots with KyoAni as a freelance, but if that's not the case, then who's directing Haruhi 2?

Last edited by takumi2k4; 2007-07-25 at 08:49.
Old 2007-07-25, 10:06   Link #113
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
I can't really tell, but it could be Yutaka Yamamoto. It's really hard to tell since we can't actually see his face, but this is what Yamamoto looks like:

He's the guy with the glasses that's sitting beside Aya.

Yamamoto appears in most of the "making of" shorts from the Haruhi DVD, the only one where he didn't show up was where Minorin, Yuko, and Aya were having a photoshoot in a school. It's on the 2nd vol. of the R1 Haruhi DVD's.

EDIT: Man, this whole director switching thing is confusing me. Yutaka Yamamoto was the one KyoAni dropped right? If that's the case, then it could be that the second guy is just a random passerby, unless Yasuhiro Takemoto wears glasses as well. Unless Yamamoto is still in cahoots with KyoAni as a freelance, but if that's not the case, then who's directing Haruhi 2?
Well if that's the case I guess he's still in cahoots or freelancing with KyoAni if ever that really turns out to be him.

Wonder if ep.17 will still feature another anime reference like de capo or haruhi...
Old 2007-07-25, 11:03   Link #114
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
Holy crap it is him!

Goodness, so it's him! I'm so going to Kyo-Ani's HQ in Kyoto this moment and beat the crap out of him. Where's my baseball bat? That's for Tsukasa-chan! (And for Nayuki being shafted, for that matter! )

On second thought, I think I'll let him off the hook or I'll risk not being able to see either Suzumiya Haruhi 2 or CLANNAD being aired by the end of this year, not to mention risking the wrath of the Haruhi-ists and Key fans.
Old 2007-07-25, 12:35   Link #115
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
so thats the face of tsukasa's camera molester @_@ *joins is with the beating* ~ not gonna kill him...just cripple his legs
Quote:

*shrugs* thought that was the case...was probably being a bit too hopeful here but you can find surprising triggers everywhere so perhaps...gotta thank LS for atleast that much :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-25, 15:52   Link #116
nanafan
horo fan

good episode. did you notice the register girl in the bookstore looked kinda like miyuki?
Spoiler for miyuki:
who was the woman in the kimono singing the ed? was she akira's va?
Old 2007-07-25, 16:59   Link #117
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
good episode. did you notice the register girl in the bookstore looked kinda like miyuki?
It's actually Hinata and the little girl with purple hair is her sister Hikage, they're both characters from the DS game.

Quote:
who was the woman in the kimono singing the ed? was she akira's va?
Yeah that is Akira's va, Hiromi Konno, they weren't exactly lying when they said there was going to be a live performance.

Last edited by Luminisk; 2007-07-25 at 19:35.
Old 2007-07-25, 18:29   Link #118
nanafan
horo fan

cool akira's got a good singing voice.
Old 2007-07-25, 23:48   Link #119
takumi2k4

Man, they should've gotten Mamiko Noto to voice Hinata like in the DS games. Lucky Star + Mamiko Noto = Epic win and gold, too bad they didn't...

But anyways, when I first saw the Miyakawa sisters I thought that Hinata was the adult version of Miyuki, and Hikage was the more loli-er version of Kagamin.

In any case, I demand moar screen time for them KyoAni, add Miyuki along that list as well. And yeah, KyoAni definitely needs to make an alternate ending where Kyonichi chooses Nayuki, though from the looks of things, that's not gonna happen any time soon.
Old 2007-07-26, 02:26   Link #120
soonkiong

Incredible 10/10 episode. BTW anybody knows about the phone Konata's using?
Closed Thread