Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 14:01   Link #521
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I dislike Crossbone. The mecha designs are absolutely dreadful. And I can't imagine why anyone would care to see it animated.
Because some of us actually think differently than you and actually like the designs?

Just a thought...
Old 2011-01-23, 14:05   Link #522
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Because some of us actually think differently than you and actually like the designs?

Just a thought...
I'm picking up your sarcasm.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 14:16   Link #523
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

I'm just saying, there are some of us out there who do genuinely like Crossbone and its mecha designs.
Old 2011-01-23, 14:18   Link #524
JC...
I am a Pie

Humans have opinions!? Oh yeah, that's why I don't like some of the Gundam designs in the Gundam 00 movie and like salt popcorn.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 14:25   Link #525
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I'm just saying, there are some of us out there who do genuinely like Crossbone and its mecha designs.
I like Crossbone, but I have to agree with Nos about the mecha designs.
Old 2011-01-23, 14:35   Link #526
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The only thing I care for from Crossbone Gundam is the Amakusa.
Old 2011-01-24, 02:06   Link #527
Vsin
Aldracity

Ok, here's long-shot crazed speculation for the sake of throwing another idea out there.

What if the next series had something to do with Extreme Gundam (aka Gackt Gundam)? If I'm not mistaken, the guy's even getting some HGUC rendition, so for all we know he'll get an anime too. Also, said anime would be capable of literally sticking random stuff from any series into it, as the "backstory" to Extreme makes it possible.

...yeah, crazed long-shot.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 09:55   Link #528
ranoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Daaaaaaaang.

It's just a promotional poster for the new edition of the manga, which will include new cover art, interviews with Tomino and a postface. There's absolutely nothing in there about a possible adaptation but still, the pic itself is one giant ass cocktease
Why not anime.....
I hope that manga will get more popular....

Quote:
I dislike Crossbone. The mecha designs are absolutely dreadful. And I can't imagine why anyone would care to see it animated.

By all means, make a new UC series, just make a new one.
Well, even not every one like design mecha in Crossbone Gundam. That series still worth to get anime just for story and fill the gap between F91 and Victory timeline.
ranoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 19:53   Link #529
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranoa View Post
Well, even not every one like design mecha in Crossbone Gundam. That series still worth to get anime just for story and fill the gap between F91 and Victory timeline.
Well even then, I think they would have to either re-draw some designs, or make new ones.

Because the ones the story already has are....eh.
Old 2011-01-24, 20:29   Link #530
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Well even then, I think they would have to either re-draw some designs, or make new ones.

Because the ones the story already has are....eh.
The only mecha redesigning I could see would be some simple fine touches here and there to transition the designs over to animation, sort of like what they did to some of the MS in Unicorn. Besides, as far as I am concerned, there's nothing wrong the Crossbones mecha designs as is...but I know you hate them so I'll leave it at that.
Old 2011-01-24, 20:32   Link #531
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
The only mecha redesigning I could see would be some simple fine touches here and there to transition the designs over to animation, sort of like what they did to some of the MS in Unicorn. Besides, as far as I am concerned, there's nothing wrong the Crossbones mecha designs as is...but I know you hate them so I'll leave it at that.
I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to state for the record that I don't hate Crossbone's designs. They just don't appeal to my idea of what a mecha in the Gundam franchise should look like.
Old 2011-01-24, 20:43   Link #532
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Well I don't have a general idea of what a Gundam mecha has to look like...I always like to see new and different designs in Gundam, as it keeps things fresh and interesting.
Old 2011-01-24, 20:45   Link #533
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Well I don't have a general idea of what a Gundam mecha has to look like...I always like to see new and different designs in Gundam, as it keeps things fresh and interesting.
True. Let me rephrase then: Crossbone's designs don't fit my idea of what a mecha in the UC timeline should look like.
Old 2011-01-24, 20:52   Link #534
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
True. Let me rephrase then: Crossbone's designs don't fit my idea of what a mecha in the UC timeline should look like.
From what I've read, the main reason for the mecha designs is that the series was supposed to have weird looks.

Weird they are indeed...there is a monkey newtype use Zaku.
Old 2011-01-25, 01:54   Link #535
JC...
I am a Pie

I like the crossbone design... especially the dark one. Not sure about other suits though.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 04:59   Link #536
Blaat

Quote:
I think they would have to either re-draw some designs.
Of course they would have to re-draw the mecha, none of the designs (this is includes character design) in the manga are fit for animation.
Old 2011-01-25, 19:21   Link #537
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Here are some speculations and Ideas for the Gundam show, And things I would expect in a Space type of Operah show involving the Earths imidiate athmosphere.

- When the hell are they going to impliment Orbital elivators WHEN tell me so far I haven't seen Nor heard from any of the anime's about orbital elevators. Think about the strategic advantages, or maybe the vulnurability's that a show could exploit from it.

Especially for Transporting gundam's and mobiel suits into space. And also the consequences that it would bring If it actuall got shot down. The whole line could come crashing down onto earth while the upper halve starts tumbeling to nearby colonies treatening to collide.

- And on a side note I expect some kind of attempt to of making a Orbital ring, I freaking love orbital rings, and how about it being used as way point for colonies in Peacfull era's.
And when colonies start to retaliate Sections of the orbital get destroyed in the Process but not completely leaving a grim VISUAL impact in Space battles when gundams duke it out over it and everntual go inside the now abandoned orbital ring for CQB.

- And another thing I keep hearing colonies this Colonies that, what the hell happened to colonizing the moon Sure as hell it has a more rigid structure. And isn't as vulnurable as giant colonies waiting for a hole to suck everyone into space. And the Moon could easily be used as a vangaurd to set up a earth moon war with colonies stuck in the middle.

- And another thing about the timelines why does every show (exept Turn A) have a plus 100 or plus 200 on their calander year. Do you know how little time that is For human space exploration.
- Which leads to my biggest expectation of a gundam show, Colonizing the other planets in our solar system.. Mainly I'm talking about Mars.
I mean come on in the Gundam universe(s) we are able of immense mobile suit battles create space ships with shields that can withstand beam Weapon attacks, Create Giant Colonies of various sizes and shapes, Solar energy plants. And we can't Colonize Mars. I mean.. hasn't that been the new unreachable for the human race after it landed on the moon.

Besides you could even go as far as to Terraform Mars completely (by articicialy inducing global warming to create a habital atmosphere, look it up), Do you know how long it takes to terraform Mars into a Habital planet. Around 150 years and that is with the technology we currently possess, just imagine using the technology of the gundam universe. If we were to use that it could shorten that by a 1/3 or more depending in how advanced you want to go.

Bringing us it a Interplanetary WAR with Gundams.

Can you already see the setup I can.
Mars goes into riot > Earth retaliates > Mars redesigns mobile suits that helped building the colony into war machines > Earth Responds with own mobile suits > one of the sides Creates the Gundam.

they could call it the Planetary Era year.328 also solving a timeline issue that has been bugging me.

And don't begin about Turn A having some of these, because that is set up in a future 2000(or 3000 depends on how you look at it) from now.
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 20:43   Link #538
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
Here are some speculations and Ideas for the Gundam show, And things I would expect in a Space type of Operah show involving the Earths imidiate athmosphere.

- When the hell are they going to impliment Orbital elivators WHEN tell me so far I haven't seen Nor heard from any of the anime's about orbital elevators. Think about the strategic advantages, or maybe the vulnurability's that a show could exploit from it.

Especially for Transporting gundam's and mobiel suits into space. And also the consequences that it would bring If it actuall got shot down. The whole line could come crashing down onto earth while the upper halve starts tumbeling to nearby colonies treatening to collide.

- And on a side note I expect some kind of attempt to of making a Orbital ring, I freaking love orbital rings, and how about it being used as way point for colonies in Peacfull era's.
And when colonies start to retaliate Sections of the orbital get destroyed in the Process but not completely leaving a grim VISUAL impact in Space battles when gundams duke it out over it and everntual go inside the now abandoned orbital ring for CQB.

- And another thing I keep hearing colonies this Colonies that, what the hell happened to colonizing the moon Sure as hell it has a more rigid structure. And isn't as vulnurable as giant colonies waiting for a hole to suck everyone into space. And the Moon could easily be used as a vangaurd to set up a earth moon war with colonies stuck in the middle.

- And another thing about the timelines why does every show (exept Turn A) have a plus 100 or plus 200 on their calander year. Do you know how little time that is For human space exploration.
- Which leads to my biggest expectation of a gundam show, Colonizing the other planets in our solar system.. Mainly I'm talking about Mars.
I mean come on in the Gundam universe(s) we are able of immense mobile suit battles create space ships with shields that can withstand beam Weapon attacks, Create Giant Colonies of various sizes and shapes, Solar energy plants. And we can't Colonize Mars. I mean.. hasn't that been the new unreachable for the human race after it landed on the moon.

Besides you could even go as far as to Terraform Mars completely (by articicialy inducing global warming to create a habital atmosphere, look it up), Do you know how long it takes to terraform Mars into a Habital planet. Around 150 years and that is with the technology we currently possess, just imagine using the technology of the gundam universe. If we were to use that it could shorten that by a 1/3 or more depending in how advanced you want to go.

Can you already see the setup I can.
Mars goes into riot > Earth retaliates > Mars redesigns mobile suits that helped building the colony into war machines > Earth Responds with own mobile suits > one of the sides Creates the Gundam.

they could call it the Planetary Era year.328 also solving a timeline issue that has been bugging me.

And don't begin about Turn A having some of these, because that is set up in a future 2000(or 3000 depends on how you look at it) from now.
... have you watched Gundam 00?
Old 2011-01-25, 21:04   Link #539
brightman
Ancient Member

Aside from Gundam 00 having space elevators and orbital rings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
Moon colonies are in most Gundam timelines... They play an enormous part in UC and a smaller part in CE. And Turn A is ABOUT an invasion of people from the moon.

Quote:
Because most of the time the new timelines signify the beginning of space colonization, not exploration.

Quote:

Mars is colonized in UC. The Gundam F90 manga takes place in Mars. The Gundam Wing sequel novel (I think) seems to take place in Mars. Lowe from Gundam Seed Astray went to Mars...

It might be a little more interesting if Mars is treated as a more important setting in the shows themselves. But what you suggested is nothing new.

Quote:
Check out Crossbone Gundam. Earth vs Jupiter.
Old 2011-01-25, 22:15   Link #540
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Ah, the reason why I can never get into Crossbone.