AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 15:25   Link #9621
solomon

I've heard about that too.

I don't think that's bad as long as you are responsible and mature about it.

Me however, I am I too naive in expecting more than that? I am not religious so that doesn't color my perception of sex but I'd like to think of it something just a tad more......sacred? Or at the least should really be performed between people who really care about each other on some level.

Not interested in random cunt just to have it.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 16:21   Link #9622
Puddingman

I have heard that it's better when you dig the person. On the other hand, we are animals too, so I guess it's an iffy balance.

Personally, I'd feel bad if I hooked up with someone like that, then met a nice girl later and wished I had waited.

But then again, what if you're the one who waits while the girl hooks up?

Haha, sorry if those scenarios put you in a bad mind. One piece of consolation; there's so many different people in the world, so the chances of anyone not connecting with a person is probably 0.

And what about people who really have it bad too? Like physical or mental handicaps, mental illness, or people who are even in jail?

I think it's one of those things, people might worry about it when they're young, but grow up and laugh that they worried about it, cause it just naturally works out you know?
Old 2011-10-22, 08:06   Link #9623
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I've heard about that too.

I don't think that's bad as long as you are responsible and mature about it.

Me however, I am I too naive in expecting more than that? I am not religious so that doesn't color my perception of sex but I'd like to think of it something just a tad more......sacred? Or at the least should really be performed between people who really care about each other on some level.

Not interested in random cunt just to have it.
I'm pretty much the same, and as long as I don't need sex, there's no reason for me to go out of my way and get some. If you feel like it's missing from your life and don't want to take shortcuts, go out, see people, and see what happens.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 17:00   Link #9624
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The only thing that -I- know is that my friends tend to have an extra girl just for sex, who they had met at a club sometime and had a good time afterwards. Suffice to say, they want to stay as far away from a relationship as possible...and the girls don't disappoint.
I like your friends.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2011-10-23 at 02:09.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 17:30   Link #9625
kitten320

^Thanks, I actually am not really that bothered. I slightly over reacted in that post, I felt really depressed whole day and just had to get some things off my chest. Am feeling better now and have to admit that I feel emberaced about my post now

Once again thanks for encouragement, it does help to get my spirit back together. Was a long time since I felt so down, especially for no reason
Feel stupid now...

P.S. A bit personal question but may ask for how long did you guys know each other?

P.S.S. I decided to remove my post, your comment was more than enough for me to feel better. I would really appraciate if you could untag it in your post, wouldn't really want for some people to see it by any accident.
Yeh, I wasn't thinking much when I wrote it, my apologies =/

Last edited by kitten320; 2011-10-22 at 18:56.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 01:25   Link #9626
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

How do I get a girl off my mind?

I've just started my final year of high school, and I need to study for my uni entrance exams. It's not fun when you start daydreaming in the middle of class when you should be focusing on your work...
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 01:59   Link #9627
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The short version that no one likes to hear is that in senior year of high school, it's practically impossible to get a girl that you like off your mind. Believe me, been there, done that (and I'm sure many other guys would agree). It's only in retrospect that you realize "wow, having a crush on her was completely pointless"... bear in mind that statement only applies if you don't hook up with the girl.

If you want a harsh wake-up call to reality... now that much, I can provide. But, I'll tone it down and simply say, high school romances rarely ever work out. I know that especially around high school age people don't have patience (hell, later in life a lot of people have a lack of patience), with hormones raging and whatnot, but this is one of those cases where you have to look long term. Think about it this way: if getting into uni is your most important goal (as I assume it is), then realize you're going to meet other people... and who knows, you might just find a special girl. So don't just stop at high school level

I'm not sure how much help that is, but this is coming from a guy to whom the old saying "hindsight is 20/20" applies quite well. Not only that, but I'm doing something most people would consider heresy and swearing off a relationship until after I graduate completely from college (unless an opportunity comes and smacks me right in the face... then again, this is RL and not anime, so I doubt that'll happen)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 02:09   Link #9628
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
P.S. A bit personal question but may ask for how long did you guys know each other?
Before we first had sex? About three months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
How do I get a girl off my mind?

I've just started my final year of high school, and I need to study for my uni entrance exams. It's not fun when you start daydreaming in the middle of class when you should be focusing on your work...
I've been there. Unfortunately I can't think of any solution. I think the best way to deal with it is to just deal with it. With time it goes away. Unless you are constantly in contact with the girl. Are you trying to ask her out or something?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-10-23, 02:23   Link #9629
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I've been there. Unfortunately I can't think of any solution. I think the best way to deal with it is to just deal with it. With time it goes away. Unless you are constantly in contact with the girl. Are you trying to ask her out or something?
Nah...she's like top of the grade though, I think part of it is just idol glamour lol
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 05:26   Link #9630
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Nah...she's like top of the grade though, I think part of it is just idol glamour lol
Is this person even your friend?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-10-23, 07:23   Link #9631
kitten320

Samari
Thank you for the answer

Khu
Was in similar situation once though I had guy on my mind, not girl
Truthully, there is no real escape from it. For me it was realization that nothing could possibly happen between us and some time to let feelings calm down. Despite beeing the type who gets over things fast, this case did drag a bit...

I'm totally fine now though do remember him from time to time but with much bigger ease

Sorry for not being of much help.
Old 2011-10-23, 09:08   Link #9632
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Question; how can I stop missing him so much?

My boyfriend is in the army, I've not seen him since July. I miss him sooo much! We talk often on facebook, we've had a couple of phonecalls. But I just miss him being here. I go out with my friends alot to 'keep my mind off him' but it doesn't work.

I just wanna be able to miss him but like not be upset about it.. if you understand.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 09:36   Link #9633
Edijs
Eddy

Send a message via MSN to Edijs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Question; how can I stop missing him so much?

My boyfriend is in the army, I've not seen him since July. I miss him sooo much! We talk often on facebook, we've had a couple of phonecalls. But I just miss him being here. I go out with my friends alot to 'keep my mind off him' but it doesn't work.

I just wanna be able to miss him but like not be upset about it.. if you understand.
this sounds silly try use alcohol maybe helps, it helped me to forgot girlfriend becouse... eh too long story :|

Becouse he is in army you will miss him much more , army is dangerous those wanted me to join too but i did something so im not in army
Edijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 09:43   Link #9634
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edijs View Post
this sounds silly try use alcohol maybe helps, it helped me to forgot girlfriend becouse... eh too long story :|
@miko: Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy. Unless he's sarcastic.

Talk as much as you can when you're able to, even the small things help. SMS, or whatever, though I don't know how much he has access to. Think of the next time you meet, and of the last time you met. Become distracted with something is also an idea. Hobbies or whatever. Going out with friends is a good idea, but since you say it doesn't work...

But honestly, there is no real solution. I'm in a LDR, haven't seen my girl for 5 months, though I'm lucky enough to be able to talk to her almost everyday. Hang in there, better times are to come. Punch the depressing thoughts in the face and walk on stronger.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 09:50   Link #9635
kitten320

Can't help here, sorry.

I might seem as cold hearted person but I never really got attached to anyone. Like I do miss some people from time to time, but not to the point of being depressed and not for 24/7.

All I can reccomend is to try to think of something or someone else that is dear or important to you. Anything that could get your mind off your boyfriend for biggest part of the time.

I don't know... maybe try to talk to him less? Like that connection will slightlt decrease. But then again he might get wrong messeage and it will become a mess =/
Thoug it might have a negative affect on you too, at least at the beggining.

So it probably is not the right solution for you.
We are different people when it comes to something like this.
Old 2011-10-23, 09:55   Link #9636
Edijs
Eddy

Whats the point of talking and writing if you dont see him , better then you webcam talk or something like that like you can see each other.

@Atomico talking about that alcohol i mean it becouse it helped me... if she dont want she dont need to drink so...
Old 2011-10-23, 11:51   Link #9637
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Whats the point of talking and writing if you dont see him , better then you webcam talk or something like that like you can see each other.

@Atomico talking about that alcohol i mean it becouse it helped me... if she dont want she dont need to drink so...
And the point is if we don't speak then what do we have? Nothing, we may as well not be together. A webcam would be awesome but it's not something we can do.

I completely disagree with alcohol. I drink socially but I will never use it to block out my problems. That's how alcoholism sarts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Can't help here, sorry.

I might seem as cold hearted person but I never really got attached to anyone. Like I do miss some people from time to time, but not to the point of being depressed and not for 24/7.

All I can reccomend is to try to think of something or someone else that is dear or important to you. Anything that could get your mind off your boyfriend for biggest part of the time.

I don't know... maybe try to talk to him less? Like that connection will slightlt decrease. But then again he might get wrong messeage and it will become a mess =/
Thoug it might have a negative affect on you too, at least at the beggining.

So it probably is not the right solution for you.
We are different people when it comes to something like this.
He gets mardy though if I don't talk to him, I told him we could try it but he said it feels like I don't wanna be with him.

I mean, I can try it [we can't speak until wednesday anyway]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
@miko: Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy. Unless he's sarcastic.

Talk as much as you can when you're able to, even the small things help. SMS, or whatever, though I don't know how much he has access to. Think of the next time you meet, and of the last time you met. Become distracted with something is also an idea. Hobbies or whatever. Going out with friends is a good idea, but since you say it doesn't work...

But honestly, there is no real solution. I'm in a LDR, haven't seen my girl for 5 months, though I'm lucky enough to be able to talk to her almost everyday. Hang in there, better times are to come. Punch the depressing thoughts in the face and walk on stronger.
He has access some evenings if the computer place is still open when he finishes work, and some lunchtimes, but rarely. If I could find a good hobby, that doesn't cost too much money and such.. but that's another topic all together, anime used to be a big hobby of mine, but meeh. I find it hard to sit and watch.

Thanks so much though this post really meant alot, I am going to keep walking stronger. I am sorry you've not seen your gf for 5 months.. it's hard right..?

Quote:

Becouse he is in army you will miss him much more , army is dangerous those wanted me to join too but i did something so im not in army
Well he is only doing training but it's time-consuming and tiring which means we have little time to talk. It makes me so sad.

-- Well, I am going to take advice on board //besides the alcohol part.
When I think he is coming home in December, it feels good. But it's still a long time away.

Old 2011-10-23, 11:57   Link #9638
Edijs
Eddy

Then thats how alcoholism starts, you give me a lot of thing about something.

what about reading a book , japanese novels , with manga is on ? i hope u understand what i mean
Old 2011-10-23, 12:46   Link #9639
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Then thats how alcoholism starts, you give me a lot of thing about something.

what about reading a book , japanese novels , with manga is on ? i hope u understand what i mean
I could try that but it's like.. I get bored so easily.

Old 2011-10-23, 12:52   Link #9640
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Thanks so much though this post really meant alot, I am going to keep walking stronger. I am sorry you've not seen your gf for 5 months.. it's hard right..?
Glad it helped.

And yes, quite hard. But I know that, within a year, I will be able to see her much more and hopefully be together for a long time. It is what keeps me going and is what gives me strength.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom