AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-23, 14:57   Link #681
Alchemist007
*Author

Actually I believe the III's were the more 'disposable' low survival rate soldiers. Unless you meant just the augmentation survivability.
Old 2012-11-23, 15:11   Link #682
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
The Spartan III's were created under the same mandate as well i.e. quantity over quality. The Spartan IV's are the offshoot of that, with the main difference being most of the III's were originally war orphans whereas the IV's are comprised of veteran volunteers.
I'm certainly interested to see how that turned out. There's about 250+ unaccounted for Spartan III's who probably got folded into the SIV program.

There's certainly a contrast between a bunch of Spartan teenagers, raised from childhood to fight, but who've never actually seen heavy combat, teamed up with these SIV's, who while perhaps not as physically robust as the SIII's, have more experiance.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 15:56   Link #683
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Actually I believe the III's were the more 'disposable' low survival rate soldiers. Unless you meant just the augmentation survivability.
Yeah, just the survival rates for the augmentation process. That's why nearly all of the Spartan-III candidates survived the process, whereas the Spartan-II candidates' results were all over the board.

As for their combat survivability, yeah they were all disposable.
Old 2012-11-23, 16:05   Link #684
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The Spartan Projects still achieved positive results. So as newer generations are made, the less combat survivability they have compared to the Spartan-II project in my opinion. For some reason, this kind of reminds me of Gurren Lagann.
Old 2012-11-23, 16:21   Link #685
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The augmentation process of the Spartan IIIs and IVs is pretty much the same as the Spartan IIs except that the Spartan IIs get a more power boast of the augmentation than the IIIs and IVs due to being gifted in their genes. Most of the Spartan IIs were children or grandchildren of those in the Spartan I program, those genes passed off from that program and got even more upgraded due to the augmentation.

The Spartan IIIs high death rate is due to the fact they didn't have the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor of the Spartan II instead they got the Semi-Powered Infiltration armor and of course not having the same gifted genes as the Spartan IIs. Training wise, they are very much the same as the Spartan IIs as they were trained when they were orphan children.

The Spartan IVs are volunteered experience veteran. Training wise, they are a step or more behind than the Spartan IIs and IVs. Also they didn't get the same power boast of their genes like the Spartan IIs. What set them vastly superior than the Spartan IIIs are that they have a much more advance armor, the MJOLNIR GEN 2 Powered Assault Armor.

If you were to put a Spartan II alone vs a Spartan III and IV without armor and just in a MMA or boxing match, the Spartan II will most likely win.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-11-23 at 16:38.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 17:43   Link #686
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Another difference between Spartan-IIs and IIIs, and the Spartan-IVs, is simply a matter of time--IIRC, the augmentations that the Spartan-IIs and the survivors of the Spartan IIIs' Alpha and Beta Companies grew as their bodies did, allowing them to develop more completely. The Spartan-IVs, given the time frame, haven't accomplished this.

Also, where was it revealed that the Spartan-IIs were descended from the Spartan-Is?
Old 2012-11-23, 17:45   Link #687
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Also, where was it revealed that the Spartan-IIs were descended from the Spartan-Is?
Viral marketing stuff for Halo 2 implied that SOME of the Spartan II's were the children of people who had participated in the Spartan I program.
Old 2012-11-23, 20:25   Link #688
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

This may be a stupid question, but what the hey.

Between the Mammoth and the Scarab, which comes out on top?
Old 2012-11-23, 20:31   Link #689
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Mammoth if it can target the Scarab first. Otherwise a weapons-grade Scarab would trash it with its fuel rod cannons and focus beam. Scarabs are also got WAY better maneuverability so it could potentially attack a Mammoth from angles it can't defend from.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-11-23 at 20:53.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 20:45   Link #690
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I think I'd like to emphasize just how bloody gigantic a Certain someone is.

Spoiler for Chief VS Bid Bad height comparison:

Keep in mind that the Master Chief is 7'2 in his armor. In this picture, a grown man at 6 feet would be standing level with Chiefs shoulder plate. Compared to the other guy... He's easily four feet taller than your average man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
This may be a stupid question, but what the hey.

Between the Mammoth and the Scarab, which comes out on top?
Depends on the combat environment. Out in the open? The Mammoth can just long range snipe the Scarab and blow it in half. At close range over rough terrain? A scarab is more agile.
Old 2012-11-23, 22:31   Link #691
spikexp

Quote:
If you were to put a Spartan II alone vs a Spartan III and IV without armor and just in a MMA or boxing match, the Spartan II will most likely win.
Of course, Spartan II where the best child they could get. Children SII were most probably capable to compete with average man and 12 years old SII had athlete body and genius mind.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 22:55   Link #692
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
Of course, Spartan II where the best child they could get. Children SII were most probably capable to compete with average man and 12 years old SII had athlete body and genius mind.
Well I do not doubt that, Master Chief himself at age 14 beat up two ODSTs severely and killed two more in a boxing match. Which, well most likely cause the bitter rivalry of the ODSTs and Spartans though I say more often than not the Spartans came on top on that rivalry.
Old 2012-11-23, 23:03   Link #693
spikexp

Quote:
Well I do not doubt that, Master Chief himself at age 14 beat up two ODSTs severely and killed two more in a boxing match. Which, well most likely cause the bitter rivalry of the ODSTs and Spartans though I say more often than not the Spartans came on top on that rivalry.
Yes, but that was after augmentation. He probably wouldn't have been able to take on 4 trained ODST before (maybe 2 with no killing).

But even before the augmentation, they were still amongst the best human in existence. They add magnificent body and sharp mind.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 23:20   Link #694
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
Yes, but that was after augmentation. He probably wouldn't have been able to take on 4 trained ODST before (maybe 2 with no killing).

But even before the augmentation, they were still amongst the best human in existence. They add magnificent body and sharp mind.
True, I wonder what happened to the ODST's role after the Human Covenant War. Theoretically, the number of ODSTs and mission deployments may have dropped considerably. Considering veterans were offered to become Spartan IVs and seeing as Spartan IVs would be more useful to deploy in many missions due to having many of them now unlike the Human Covenant War where they were at best only few. Linda, John, Fred, Kelly, Naomi, Marie (sort of, she is retired), Jerome, Fredric, and Alice are the only confirmed living Spartan IIs. Well Spartan Gray and Black Team is still active, but do not know where on Earth they are or should I say where in the Universe they are.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-11-23 at 23:36.
Old 2012-11-23, 23:37   Link #695
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
True, I wonder what happened to the ODST's role after the Human Covenant War. Theoretically, the number of ODSTs and mission deployments may have dropped considerably. Considering veterans were offered to become Spartan IVs and seeing as Spartan IVs would be more useful to deploy in many missions due to having many of them now unlike the Human Covenant War where they were at best only few. Linda, John, Fred, Kelly, Naomi, Marie (sort of, she is retired), Jerome, Fredric, and Alice are the only confirmed living Spartan IIs. Well Spartan Gray and Black Team is still active, but do not know where on Earth they are or should I say where in the Universe they are.
There probably are still not enough SIV's to take the place of ODST completely. But as time goes on, it wouldn't be surprising if the ODST eventually got rolled over into the SIV program.
Old 2012-11-24, 00:05   Link #696
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
There probably are still not enough SIV's to take the place of ODST completely. But as time goes on, it wouldn't be surprising if the ODST eventually got rolled over into the SIV program.
I think so as well. What I don't get is why is the MJOLNIR GEN 2 Powered Assault Armor the armor of the Spartan IVs. From my point of view, the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor Mark VII would be a better choice. The Mark VII would be the better choice because the armor upgrades constantly even while in Cryo Sleep, very useful for Spartans since they are in Cryo Sleep often. Changing combat packages to accommodations the Spartan IVs battle situation sounds too much of a hassle. The Mark VII also has the ability for Spartans to reentry atmospheres.

Is it because Margaret Parangosky disdain for Halsey that made her choose the GEN 2 over the Mark VII?
Old 2012-11-24, 00:20   Link #697
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably a monetary issue; nanotechnology must be hilariously expensive. If they're mass-producing Spartans to be at the same level as the known Spartans, they'll need matching mass-produced armor. GEN2 armor has a higher level of customization and is produced by numerous manufacturers, both militarized and private. It's also entirely possible that the GEN2 is the mass-production version of the MJOLNIR Mark VII.
Old 2012-11-24, 00:55   Link #698
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Probably a monetary issue; nanotechnology must be hilariously expensive. If they're mass-producing Spartans to be at the same level as the known Spartans, they'll need matching mass-produced armor. GEN2 armor has a higher level of customization and is produced by numerous manufacturers, both militarized and private. It's also entirely possible that the GEN2 is the mass-production version of the MJOLNIR Mark VII.
Both armor are made with nano technology, but there are clear differences. The GEN 2 is not self upgrading however while the Mark VII is. In hindsight, if there was a War the Mark VII would be the best. Unfortunately for the GEN 2, enemies will not allow time for Spartans to adjust their armors for the combat situations. Self upgrading would be the best option to not allow mismatch in combat.
Old 2012-11-24, 01:03   Link #699
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Mark VII's upgrading only happens in standby, so there's little difference--its not going to upgrade itself on the fly during battle. Also, we don't know if the Mark VII armor's nanotech upgrading requires it to be worn or not when in standby. The one depiction of it had Spartan-010 removing it repeatedly and it's not clear if she did so out of personal preference or to instigate the upgrading.

Regardless, if she's able to do that it should be simple enough to install the different parts of the MJOLNIR GEN2. I think its unlikely that everyone is like John-117 and wears their armor 24/7, but even then there's time for them to put on and take off their armor in preparation for combat situations.
Old 2012-11-24, 07:26   Link #700
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I think so as well. What I don't get is why is the MJOLNIR GEN 2 Powered Assault Armor the armor of the Spartan IVs. From my point of view, the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor Mark VII would be a better choice. The Mark VII would be the better choice because the armor upgrades constantly even while in Cryo Sleep, very useful for Spartans since they are in Cryo Sleep often. Changing combat packages to accommodations the Spartan IVs battle situation sounds too much of a hassle. The Mark VII also has the ability for Spartans to reentry atmospheres.

Is it because Margaret Parangosky disdain for Halsey that made her choose the GEN 2 over the Mark VII?
Its probably because they never got around to making the Mark VII because of the disruption of Reach and earth getting heavily smacked hard, which was probably a heavy development center for Mjolnir armor. Going with something like an upgraded Mark VI was probably seen as more practical.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117