AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-26, 17:15   Link #121
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Which has been at one of the main reasons it hasn't been adapted. (loops all over the place!) It will be interesting to see which approach they take.

Last edited by Proto; 2012-03-26 at 19:17.
Old 2012-03-26, 17:19   Link #122
tsunade666

Clannad's direction has also some faults in it. In the first season. The direction time for the twins and tomoyo are a mess.

I wish they will plan it better so there won't be time restrains.
Old 2012-03-26, 17:30   Link #123
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Clannad's direction has also some faults in it. In the first season. The direction time for the twins and tomoyo are a mess.

I wish they will plan it better so there won't be time restrains.
There was no way for them to adapt "correctly" Kyou, Ryou and Tomoyo routes, due to the major romantic centric theme for each of their routes (Ryou had her "own" route due to Kappei's, but there was hardly any spare time for a full fledged arc).

Some routes in LB might be tricky to adapt due to the same issues, although they can alter these a bit, unlike in Clannad.
Old 2012-03-26, 17:39   Link #124
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kappei, who never appeared in the Anime.

Most of the "minor" routes got pushed to After Story and were done before the After Story section of the tale started. Tomoyo and Kyou got at least their resolutions in the OVAs, where they could be seperate from both each other and Nagisa. (I don't see "Tomoyo After" getting made...but they could suprise us)

At least it wasn't as condensed as the CLANNAD movie which basically did only Nagisa's route and only a part of After Story (though I recall people wishing the KyoAni version had ended roughly at the some point the Toei version did).

With Little Busters, you wonder if whoever makes this will use the EX routes at all? There are already, what 6 girls plus all the stuff with the boys? Then three more girls in EX?
Old 2012-03-26, 17:54   Link #125
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What I don't know, is if Little Busters has a good break point to break up the story if required for split cours.
Honestly, I don't feel as though it does. It's a difficult game to adapt for a lot of reasons.

Quote:
With Little Busters, you wonder if whoever makes this will use the EX routes at all? There are already, what 6 girls plus all the stuff with the boys? Then three more girls in EX?
However, the heroine routes are very short, as compared to Clannad. A heavy chunk of the game's text length comes from the content added into the common route after each playthrough.
Old 2012-03-26, 17:54   Link #126
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Well, I think the animation studio might want to do a 52-eps season. In my mind, it'd do quite a lot of sense. Plus, it'd prevent the story being cut...

I personally wonder how will they do Rin's route. I mean, there are two. I just hope that it won't be like the Endless Eight in Haruhi...
Old 2012-03-26, 18:43   Link #127
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Well, I think the animation studio might want to do a 52-eps season. In my mind, it'd do quite a lot of sense. Plus, it'd prevent the story being cut...

IMO 4 seasons would be overkill unless the EX routes are being adapted. There's no need to pad the story out to that extent, and in many ways the common route (longest section) can be made concise as well.

I guess like most of the people on the forums, I'm wondering how they're going the handle the individual routes after that. There's a pretty strong case here to try for an onmibus format much like amagami.
Old 2012-03-26, 19:17   Link #128
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

CLANNAD is 4 seasons long.

And f*** omnibus. I hate it. For me it's just the mark of a lazy adaptation.
Old 2012-03-26, 19:25   Link #129
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
IMO 4 seasons would be overkill unless the EX routes are being adapted. There's no need to pad the story out to that extent, and in many ways the common route (longest section) can be made concise as well.

I guess like most of the people on the forums, I'm wondering how they're going the handle the individual routes after that. There's a pretty strong case here to try for an onmibus format much like amagami.
^Or like Yosuga no Sora, but in that case, 2 X 24-eps/1x48 seasons would be logical. If they insert the mini-games too and do everyon's route properly. I mean, there are 9 girls (including EX) and 3 boys other than the main character. Assuming that Rin's 2 routes take longer, you can put 8 girls (excluding Rin) for 4 eps, 32 eps total. 6 eps for Rin1+Rin2, 4 eps for every guy and 4 eps for Refrain would fit.
Old 2012-03-26, 19:30   Link #130
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
And f*** omnibus. I hate it. For me it's just the mark of a lazy adaptation.
Of course I respect that you don't like it, but I don't think it has to be about "laziness". The fact is that these game narratives aren't designed to be linear, so whatever you do will be a compromise in some sense. It's a matter of whether the various audiences can accept the compromise proposed. I think they should follow the approach the makes the most sense to preserve the integrity of the overall narrative, whatever that approach may be.

And incidentally, this should go without saying, but as we get into this conversation people will be tempted to spoil details of this story, and be aware that will be punished most severely by the staff. No, you cannot put it behind spoiler tags either. If you want to make predictions about how the anime will go based on your knowledge of the game, please go to the game thread.
Old 2012-03-26, 20:50   Link #131
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'm not a fan of omnibus either. For OVAs, it's fine. But when you do a full series that feels like six anime that are tied together really poorly (and repeats a lot), that's not a real series. Oh, how Yosuga No Sora would have been more interesting if they tied those routes together. ^_^

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-03-26, 21:35   Link #132
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
That might seem to be the case, but it's hard to judge the amount of episodes needed to properly tell a story before the fact, and statements like these often prove untrue once the series actually comes out.

Everyone in the Persona 4 thread months before the anime was released: Two cours would be fucking perfect, man, that's all you need to adapt the story 100 percent! Yes siree, 25's the magic number! Set sail for Persona 4, the two cour anime! ^__^
Persona 4 Creators: lol hi, the show is indeed two cours, enjoy your anime that rushes along at such a breakneck speed that neither the story nor the characters are properly developed and the emotional impact completely falls flat

I say it's best to err on the side of caution. The chances of the story being given justice with three or four cours is better than just two, and that gives some room for original anime-only episodes too; though adaptations should of course be very faithful to the source material, I prefer for there to some extra bonus material here or there (ie original episodes) rather than just a complete play-by-play retelling of the original story.
Old 2012-03-26, 23:32   Link #133
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Did you never watch CLANNAD?
No, Clannad was the first Key Anime I watched (on 3-4 years ago), and I actually like that series. Toei-made Clannad movie is quite okay, however KyoAni-made Clannad TV series is more superior than it.

However Kanon 2006 and AB (Air and Kanon 2002 are the Key Animes I haven't watch) ruined my good impression on their works, because I feel both of them are mediocre.
Old 2012-03-26, 23:42   Link #134
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
No, Clannad was the first Key Anime I watched (on 3-4 years ago), and I actually like that series. Toei-made Clannad movie is quite okay, however KyoAni-made Clannad TV series is more superior than it.

However Kanon 2006 and AB (Air and Kanon 2002 are the Key Animes I haven't watch) ruined my good impression on their works, because I feel both of them are mediocre.
Well for Angel Beats I was not impressed with how rushed it was. It was very evident that it was compressed way too much. It needed to be fleshed out and have better pacing. So I would not hold that against their works. It has to do with budget and direction of the anime companies.

Not sure about Kanon I thought they did a great adaption. Also Maeda did not have as much input in LB as he did in past games.
Old 2012-03-27, 00:03   Link #135
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It would be great if Saya is in this.
Old 2012-03-27, 01:13   Link #136
brocko

Quote:
What I don't know, is if Little Busters has a good break point to break up the story if required for split cours. Even CLANNAD was slit up into two seasons via After Story. Even if it was two 2 cour shows to get all the nearly 50 episodes to make the series work (well 44, plus two extra episodes, one recap/extra episode, and two OVA alternates (Kyou and Tomoyo endings).)
Just look at Fate/Zero, still didn't stop them from splitting it up and stopping where they did

Case in point. If they wanted to, they'll do it regardless if it makes for good story telling or not

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2012-03-27, 02:10   Link #137
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Not sure about Kanon I thought they did a great adaption. Also Maeda did not have as much input in LB as he did in past games.
If true, I welcome that news - I think Maeda is quite overrated as a writer, and Kanon for me is a clearly superior work to any of Maeda's projects.
Old 2012-03-27, 02:46   Link #138
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Refrain is considered the best route in little busters and I believe it's written by maeda Jun.
Old 2012-03-27, 03:08   Link #139
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
How so? All it said was that they weren't able to hire KyoAni because they were busy back then. Nothing they said imply that they had given up, as they even rejected a proposal from Aniplex.

I would be happy to get closure and know who is making it once and for all. But the fact that Key is outright denying the anime is even being made, means they are prepared to blatantly lie to our faces rather than telling us anything concrete.

As far as official statements are concerned, the LB anime does not exist. So we will not know who is making it until Key is prepared to officially unveil the show.
KyoAni next 2 projects are Hyou-ka and Chū-2 Byō Demo Koi ga Shitai!, and given the studio's policy I doubt that they would do 3 series in a row in such a short amount of time, based on the assumption that LB might air in Fall 2012 (or in the later Winter 2012). Though you made a point and I could have been wrong, so let's wait for an official confirmation.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2012-03-27, 04:08   Link #140
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If true, I welcome that news - I think Maeda is quite overrated as a writer, and Kanon for me is a clearly superior work to any of Maeda's projects.
2 among the 5 routes in Kanon were written by Maeda you know.
As much some people overhype some points due to the mention of a certain scripter, likewise, some people suddenly "take cover" due to the mention of the name.

I would suggest you to read and judge prior pointing its writer beforehand.

Tags
anime game, little busters