AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-18, 17:23   Link #621
Akane_Seigi

FUNimation is releasing the full series soon and I think the OVA may be included as the last 2 episodes in the series. It's allotted 24 episodes but I'm only seeing 22 episodes listed on any site.

ADV basically couldn't keep up with everything they had on their plate and ended up losing the rights to it. They never released Vol. 6, so I don't know what all would've exactly been on that disc. I'm looking forward to FUNimation's release, especially since it'll probably be released in sets, therefore, be cheaper.

Sucks for those people who are collecting the single sticks and won't be able to complete their collection, but that's ADV's fault, not FUNimation. Any comments on that?
Akane_Seigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 18:39   Link #622
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Well, there's only one OVA. I remember rumors of a second but I think that's pretty much not going to happen at this point since it doesn't seem like Dead Girls was received very well.

It was a 22 episode series (the OVA was a 45 minute one shot), so not sure where they'd pull a 24th episode from.

I'm sure Funimation will just finish up ADV's work, but you never know.
Old 2008-08-22, 16:27   Link #623
Akane_Seigi

So if you had vol 1-5 from ADV and FUNimation releases it as 2 half season sets for like $50 each, would you buy it?
Akane_Seigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 17:41   Link #624
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akane_Seigi View Post
So if you had vol 1-5 from ADV and FUNimation releases it as 2 half season sets for like $50 each, would you buy it?
Hmm. Probably not. I'd hate to waste money on episodes I already own. If they released them as separate volumes like ADV did I'd be more interested.
Old 2008-08-26, 06:58   Link #625
Mizkyu

Quote:
I don't think even Funi would be that stupid.
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 11:36   Link #626
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

Quote:
By the way, You can download the whole series from this website free of cost:
www.youtube.com
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 15:36   Link #627
ViewtifulAlchemist

What a surprisingly pleasant series this was. I never really saw an anime that had dialog that flowed so naturally and felt "real" like this series, maybe it was an effect of the recording technique that supposedly set it apart from others that's mentioned on ANN (they recoreded the voices first and matched them with the animation instead of vice-versa).

Anyways more about the series itself, even though you are pulled in thinking it's more about the mystery and supernatural stuff this series seems much better off focusing on the great character drama of each of the four girls, even though they were all radically different from each other I loved them all the same as I watch their growth and the way they deal with the situation of life and death.

The broadway-like singing they did in the earlier episodes was basically a miss, it just didn't work and made many scenes look silly but luckly they did away with that in the later episodes. Considering the ending of the original series it could have done without the OVA but the it shed some light on the girl's aftermath and basically provided closure (if one needed it). I can easily see why the OVA sequel would be looked in digust but I think it was alright if just take away from it the last few scenes in it where...

Spoiler:

Because of that last scene, I think that was the overall vision of the series since they never really expanded on mythos and backgrounds of the rival clans and other such details. It was always about the girls. I too admit was facepalming quite a bit at the start of the OVA because it seem like such a huge genre change but once I thought about it like that, it didn't seem so bad.

I never saw this series recommended much (yeah know it's old but still) but glad I somehow stumbled upon it.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 22:14   Link #628
TheBear9696
GarytheOtaku

How worth is it to keep watching this series

Tell me did anyone who was really waiting for this series to come out like it. I started watching on the funamation on demand and the beginning is so slow. Is it worth sticking out to watch or should i give up on it and stop watching

Tags
drama, supernatural