AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-04-17, 22:23   Link #1701
justavisitor

actually DeX-kun if my memory serves me right, the song I was referring to should be Lion, sung by Megumi and May'n in whatever concert they are having...if my memory serves me right again, i should have heard it from Gabriela Robin website..I checked that website and sadly couldn't find anything

I was surprised by her voice and her voice was a lot stronger...so unlucky that I don't have any evidence right now, can't find any concert clip from Gabriela Robin or youtube...where is the crying symbol when you need it if anyone knows what I am saying and have listened to that clip please help me out here XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 01:57   Link #1702
komiliafjenius

Send a message via MSN to komiliafjenius Send a message via Yahoo to komiliafjenius
I love all the songs of Sheryl Nome but my fave one is What 'bout my star I know that Sheryl did not wrote that song for Alto but it suits them so nice that simply I love it.
komiliafjenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 21:19   Link #1703
bishopcruz

Now that komillia brings up What 'bout my Star, I have a question on it. Who was it originally written for? I always got hte impression that even though it is in the series a Sheryl song first, the @Formo version was how it was conceived. That version's instrumentation and well just about everything bring out the strengths of that song much, much more than the 'original' Sheryl only one. I love or like most of Sheryl's songs, but her what 'bout my star is probably my least fave, because it sounds kinda empty compared to all of her other songs, especially when you remove the audience from the S.O.S version.
bishopcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 22:30   Link #1704
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, in my mind's eye, that song was conceived to be pure idol-y stuff - just like Welcome to My Fanclub's Night. Iteza probably escaped that same fate more because of audience sympathy than for it's inherent strengths.
As for your question, about who was supposed to sing the song first... I'd go with the series own chain of events: Ranka sings a song made popular by Sheryl. I, for one, love their battling "duet" at the hospital, myself.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 01:05   Link #1705
bishopcruz

Well, in the series that is what happened. Via canon it was clearly Sheryl's song first. I'm just curious as to who the song was designed for. Sheryl's feels like a quickly made techno mix of the @formo version which is the version in eps 5 and 15. If I had to guess I would say that that one, or at least the overall arrangement was created first, and then made into the S.O.S version. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure, or if it had been mentioned in liner notes or interviews.
bishopcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 01:27   Link #1706
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopcruz View Post
Well, in the series that is what happened. Via canon it was clearly Sheryl's song first. I'm just curious as to who the song was designed for. Sheryl's feels like a quickly made techno mix of the @formo version which is the version in eps 5 and 15. If I had to guess I would say that that one, or at least the overall arrangement was created first, and then made into the S.O.S version. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure, or if it had been mentioned in liner notes or interviews.
Well judging from pure common sense I would have to guess that "What 'bout my star?" was intended for Ranka but had Sheryl sing it as well. This songs purpose is to give Ranka a cover song that she can sing well enough to propel her popularity in the series. At least this is what I'm purely guessing, I don't know for a fact but this makes sense to me.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 01:35   Link #1707
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I was surprised by her voice and her voice was a lot stronger...so unlucky that I don't have any evidence right now, can't find any concert clip from Gabriela Robin or youtube...where is the crying symbol when you need it if anyone knows what I am saying and have listened to that clip please help me out here XD
Whoopsie, never saw this post (and the one before). Sorry justavisitor X'D

I would like to point out that even Megumi is able to change her voice rather differently (which also surprises me when I saw her clips), it doesn't mean that she has unique talent of singing and changing voice.

Quite a lot of seasoned seiyuus can change their voice (and sing! With that alternative voice. Pretty good too, seeing that their main job is not singing ) and ahem, way better than Megumi's change in her voice. Not to say that she is bad at singing, but more like want to point out that talent is more suitable for VA job than singing job

(Whenever I play Crimson Empire and Kichiku Megane, I still went WTFasdfghjkl;' Is that Hirakawa Daisuke's voice?! And I mean it, which is why he currently is on my adoration list for seiyuus Nearly no traces of Hirakawa's original voice were left in his alternate deep voice (unlike Megumi which still has feminity tone left a bit. Go for more practice Megumi~!*Waves pom-pom*). Though I did laugh a lot in the image track CD LOL that was quite amusing, two characters song sang by one person... *Ransack Youtube first nao*)

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 09:08   Link #1708
justavisitor

@Natsuki Hyuga

So you saw the clip I described??

Well all I tried to say was I think it was hard to sing Lion in Ranka's voice..probably the current version of Lion has affected my opinion already, but I really can't think Ranka's voice can outduel Sheryl's voice in Lion (it probably isn't true because I am now thinking "backward" using the current version of Lion to make my judgment) and the clip I heard from Megumi's real voice in another version of Lion is just so different XD

Of course Megumi should have a lot of room for improvement, she is new and young and it is reasonable that there are tons of VAs that are better than her...it's just that her singing seems fine in Seikan Hikōu and Anata no Oto and it makes me wonder whether the limitation of Ranka's voice becomes a factor for Sheryl's voice "outdueling" Ranka's voice in Lion

Edit: it make me wonder whether May'n has to adjust her singing voice to become more like Sheryl's VA?? Anyone knows the real voice of May'n??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 09:15   Link #1709
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

You mean May'n?
If so, you can hear her voice just fine, on her May'n Act DVD, that just came out. It is slightly different from her Sheryl singing voice, but not an outright departure. Loved how she sounded on Diamond Crevasse there, by the way.

Old 2009-04-23, 09:31   Link #1710
BanishingBook

Uh, does anybody know where I can get my hands on a score book download?
Scans I mean. hehe *Humongous grin.*

Or is this the wrong place to ask *copyright infringement paranoia starts up.* >_>
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 00:55   Link #1711
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Oo

*presses the cookie button but meets the fearsome 'notice'* >.>

and once again

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 08:26   Link #1712
BanishingBook

Uh what did just happen?
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 09:01   Link #1713
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
past is past, so let's leave it at that
Old 2009-05-07, 12:05   Link #1714
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

dunno if anyone cares, but it seems that Mamegu will join the next Vocaloid Finally the fantasies of Vocaloid fans has came true after hundreds videos covering MF songs spreading all over Youtube and Nicovid. Aren't you glad?

I always hope that Mamegu would become a more sophisticated kind of singer -like Maaya- but she seems pretty set on her idol road Not my thing and I dislike her group's debut single - a bunch of pretty voices (i do like ^^) but the song is a total trainwrech. Ugh.
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 22:52   Link #1715
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
dunno if anyone cares, but it seems that Mamegu will join the next Vocaloid Finally the fantasies of Vocaloid fans has came true after hundreds videos covering MF songs spreading all over Youtube and Nicovid. Aren't you glad?

I always hope that Mamegu would become a more sophisticated kind of singer -like Maaya- but she seems pretty set on her idol road Not my thing and I dislike her group's debut single - a bunch of pretty voices (i do like ^^) but the song is a total trainwrech. Ugh.
*Sigh*... I fel like my appreciation for Mamegu got down for a notch just now... -_-; Oh well, I'm still rooting for her anyway. Even though the first debut song of Mamegu and the other seiyuus (whose name I forgot-Sorry, just remmeber that one is Touka Gettan's ED singer and the other... Uhhh... Totally forgot. I'm a total male seiyuu fan than female seiyuu xD) is not really that good to me. Too techno! D;

Anyway, I will be waiting for the next Vocaloid release for seeing how Mamegu fare in providing the sound bank. And there it goes my dream of having one more male vocaloid for the next one... *sniff*

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 04:09   Link #1716
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I really don't get Vocaloid's appeal. And I'm sad to see Mamegu still so involved in these more "otaku-ish" tropes. I'd hoped she would branch out more. Too soon to mourn, but still...

Old 2009-05-08, 06:41   Link #1717
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I really don't get Vocaloid's appeal. And I'm sad to see Mamegu still so involved in these more "otaku-ish" tropes. I'd hoped she would branch out more. Too soon to mourn, but still...
Same here, don't understand all that craze behing vocaloid. I kind of feel sorry for Megumi.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 11:53   Link #1718
Solafighter
Hige

Little question. Does from the song "Welcome To My FanClub's Night! (Sheryl On Stage)" excist a instrumental/karaoke version?

Would be great, if yes.
Old 2009-05-12, 11:57   Link #1719
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Not in any of the official OST CD's they released, at least. Of Sheryl's, only Northern Cross, Iteza Gogo Kyuuji Don't be Late and Diamond Crevasse got the without Sheryl treatment.

Old 2009-05-12, 15:15   Link #1720
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Ok, so according to this article, there's going to be a concert called "Super Dimensional Star Festival." It looks like we're going to have May'N AND Megumi Nakajima singing there live and I hope we hear them do some duets because I haven't heard them sing together live yet XD

Super Dimensional Star Festival Article

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music