AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 5 13.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 42.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-29, 10:57   Link #21
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno if it's me hanging around with slashers, but the first things that came to my mind about Norba and Eugene's 'expedition' is not that they went to a brothel, but that they went to a love hotel.

All in all, was an interesting episode... well, I'm saying that just from feeling, as I don't remember anything from the episode because of the preview. FINALLY we get to see Mika and Atra's first meeting HHHNNNGGGG!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 10:57   Link #22
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
And who exactly is Gjallarhorn spy, Fumitan or that blode girl. My bet is the former. I mean, going back to Episode 1, how the heck did Gjallarhorn find out that Kudelia went to CGS' turf if it was supposed to be a secret?
When underworld spy was mentioned by McGillis it was specifically made clear that the person was male in Japanese.

As for ep 1, Kudelia's father sold her out, remember?

This episode definitely showed Fumitan with conflicted loyalties. We just have no idea who the other party is. If it's Gjallarhorn then whoever she's talking to isn't talking to McGillis.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 11:08   Link #23
Wandering Soul

It was a nice heartwarming episode with some nice character interactions. The episode did raise some flags for Fumitan though. She does seem to have conflicting loyalties going on.

I guess the blond lady that kept on appearing is a possible candidate for the spy McGillis was talking about.

Looks like next episode we will see Atra and Mika's first meeting.
Old 2015-11-29, 11:08   Link #24
Yan3242

I feel like iam watching a yakuza anime instead of gundam

Another "lets take a break" episode, but wow tekkadan really know how to let off some steam (drink, sweets, brothel, damn )

Barbartos inner frame sure rock solid as hell from all those fighting, his inner frame is still smooth and clean not even sign of scratch or anything like that.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 11:13   Link #25
QSTraderDG86

This Gundam series is definitely something else. For once, it actually portrays teen protagonists as, well, *teens*, instead of supermen who just happen to be young.

Also, WTF @ Kudelia's hair. She has this GINORMOUS ponytail/hairdo, that suddenly fits into a little bun? Did she get a massive haircut offscreen?

LMAO at Orga. Wants to be awesome, goes binge drinking, pukes in front of a kid. Hahaha ROFL

Naze's waifu is a pretty chill lady. Also, lulz @ twintails. Badass twintails is badass.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 11:38   Link #26
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
ANOTHER talk episode? And for what, some alliance that required dressing up? A drunk scene? Pointless poetry crap "I have not killed anyone but the bluud of muh Tekkadan is on meh". Another instance of an episode that could be compacted into a few minutes. I remember being a kid, I sure as hell wouldn't keep watching something this tedious, if the audience takes a nose dive I wouldn't be remotely surprised. Even Age and Turn A knew when to shut the hell up and do something and the next episode looks like more of the same.
Are you implying that you're still a kid? You sound like the type that gives Liam Neeson rehash nonstop action movies 10/10 and Mystic River 1/10.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 11:42   Link #27
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Are you implying that you're still a kid?
I am 25, being a kid would not be possible.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 11:46   Link #28
Pen3

Quote:
I am 25, being a kid would not be possible.
Well your past few response to the episodes are the same as you just described when you were a kid.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 11:53   Link #29
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I referred to my kidself because Gundam is mostly targeted toward children and based on personal experience (and college courses) I have a general idea as to what kids would likely pay attention to.
Old 2015-11-29, 12:00   Link #30
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This episode definitely fleshes out the characters a lot more continuing from last episode, especially Orga who this time shows his unguarded side. Also I've never heard harems described quite like how Amida describes it this ep, but it makes a whole lot of sense. Though Atra casually mentioning she's never had real meat before is a rather more incredible revelation about the state of Mars in general.

Of all the things in this episode though, the one that for some reason got me the most was Fumitan: the short scenes we see with her indicate that there seems to be a role, a plan she'll be involved in as far as the story is concerned, and yet we still don't have any inkling of what it is. Seeing her reaction to the fact that Kudelia got her a matching necklace was rather cute to be honest, though it does feel like the beginning of a far deeper and more subtle conflict.

The next episode preview though, looks like we'll see just how Atra and Mika met.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 12:05   Link #31
monster

Did I miss the explanation of Kudelia as a property or was that idea dropped altogether?
Quote:
Where are people getting this from? She hasn't done anything remotely suspicious, she's just saying adviser stuff so far.
Because earlier she claimed to have been in communication with Kudelia's father, who we know betrayed her. And she's apparently still doing something with the console, like typing some kind of a report. It might just be part of her duty in the ship, or it might be her communicating secretly to Kudelia's father or someone else.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 12:07   Link #32
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Did I miss the explanation of Kudelia as a property or was that idea dropped altogether?
They haven't explained it yet.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 12:14   Link #33
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They haven't explained it yet.
Are you sure? Because Kudelia was supposed to have asked Teiwaz's leader, but now they're on their way to Earth.

I suppose they could do a flashback of her asking about it, but if they're bringing it up again after they've joined Teiwaz, does that mean this issue goes way beyond a deal between CGS and Teiwaz?

That would both be interesting and disturbing at the same time, especially if Kudelia herself didn't know about it.
Old 2015-11-29, 12:17   Link #34
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Kudelia's father, who we know betrayed her.
This is the first I'm hearing of it, when was this shown?
Old 2015-11-29, 12:19   Link #35
monster

Quote:
This is the first I'm hearing of it, when was this shown?
We saw Kudelia meeting with that Gjallarhorn leader whose name I can't remember. We also saw that leader mocking the father for willing to betray his daughter. That's why they knew about her being in CGS.

I don't remember the episode numbers, but they're some of the early ones, of course.
Old 2015-11-29, 12:32   Link #36
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
We saw Kudelia meeting with that Gjallarhorn leader whose name I can't remember. We also saw that leader mocking the father for willing to betray his daughter. That's why they knew about her being in CGS.

I don't remember the episode numbers, but they're some of the early ones, of course.
episode 1 actually.

In regard to Kudelia being to be a property, it seem way too large of a scale to be just CGS, right now i'm suspecting the deal is somehow related to Kudelia's father, Gjallarhorn and Nobliss.

It's really funny how Atra is being brainwashed to the way of the harem
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 12:47   Link #37
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Huh, seeing some multiculturalism in Gundam is interesting, mainly two writing systems, don't think we see that happen often. Yeah not much to say more, just building the characters up which is nice. So far the pace isn't bad and seems like it would be good for 50 episodes show. But if this was 25 episodes... oh boy.
Old 2015-11-29, 12:53   Link #38
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The character building are so great, it's going to really hurt when inevitably they start dying.
Old 2015-11-29, 12:56   Link #39
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The character building are so great, it's going to really hurt when inevitably they start dying.
Yeah like Atra... I mean that is her point in the show right?
Old 2015-11-29, 12:58   Link #40
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
In regard to Kudelia being to be a property, it seem way too large of a scale to be just CGS, right now i'm suspecting the deal is somehow related to Kudelia's father, Gjallarhorn and Nobliss.
At the same time, if it's that large scale, especially involving Earth, there must be some cultural reference to it, so it's strange that even Kudelia doesn't seem to know what it means for a girl like her to be called a property.

If it was only between CGS and Teiwaz, the reason why Kudelia might not know could be explained by saying it's part of the secret happenings within the outer spheres.

Well, either way, we'll just have to wait to see if they do bring it up again.