AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-11, 06:33   Link #1
Roxanne
メンバー

Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun

Yuuki Yaku's "Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun" light novel series will be receiving an anime adaptation.
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-23, 08:44   Link #2
kyuudere

https://twitter.com/kiwaasa_gagaga/s...20642983743488

The drama cd cast has been announced, there's a possibility that they will use this cast for the anime as well.
kyuudere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-23, 14:27   Link #3
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuudere View Post
https://twitter.com/kiwaasa_gagaga/s...20642983743488

The drama cd cast has been announced, there's a possibility that they will use this cast for the anime as well.
Considering they're announcing this cast after the anime adaption has been confirmed...I think that makes it more likely they'll use the cast here.

Can anyone translate the cast? I can't recognize the faces...
Old 2020-02-23, 15:32   Link #4
kyuudere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Considering they're announcing this cast after the anime adaption has been confirmed...I think that makes it more likely they'll use the cast here.

Can anyone translate the cast? I can't recognize the faces...
Cast in order from top left to bottom right.

Tomozaki Fumiya: Satou Gen
Hinami Aoi: Kanemoto Hisako
Nanami Minami: Hasegawa Ikumi
Kikuchi Fuuka: Kayano Ai
Natsubayashi Hanabi: Maekawa Ryouko
Izumi Yuzu: Hieda Nene
Mizusawa Takahiro: Shimazaki Nobunaga
Takei: Mizuno Shuntarou

Aside from Kanemoto Hisako, Kayano Ai, and Shimazaki Nobunaga, they're all newbie seiyuu.

Voice sample from their talent agency:

- Satou Gen's (Tomozaki):
http://www.imenterprise.jp/profile.php?id=36

- Hasegawa Ikumi's (Mimimi):
http://www.pro-fit.co.jp/talent_hasegawa.html

- Maekawa Ryouko's (Tama-chan):
http://www.atomicmonkey.jp/jp/archiv...t/maekawaryoko

- Hieda Nene's (Izumi):
https://www.81produce.co.jp/dcms_plu...id=279&label=1

- Mizuno Shuntarou's (Takei):
http://www.rme.jp/talent/men/shuntarou-mizuno.html

Yoshitsugu Matsuoka might be too busy with other big roles like Kirito so his agency must've pushed younger talent, Satou Gen is Matsuoka's junior form I'm Enterprise. And Haruka Tomatsu too, I think she's perfect as Hinami, but Hisako Kanemoto could pull out great performance too so I'm not too worried about this cast change. I just hope Satou Gen could exceed my expectations.

This is the old CM which voiced by Matsuoka and Tomatsu
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-03-21, 20:48   Link #5
kyuudere

Staff and studio was announced
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...format/.157773

Just as expected the cast are the same as Drama CD + Nobuhiko Okamoto as Nakamura Shuuji.
Old 2021-01-08, 11:09   Link #6
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2021-01-08, 13:11   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 13:41   Link #8
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
It's kind of rare I'm in so much agreement with you. Yeah, honestly this had a number of points that I found rather unimpressive. For one thing, it reminded me of complaints I'd heard put against old romance movies and shows where a "plain" girl becomes super-popular, and really the only difference between the "plain" version and the hottie is that she changed her outfit, let her hair down from some ugly bun, and took off her glasses. This is very much the same: Tomozaki is most definitely not a bottom-tier character. One look tells me that if he cut his hair and stopped slouching he'd be fairly good-looking. He's a top-tier character just like her, he just needs to stop running.

Honestly, I think both sides are partly right and partly horribly wrong. That said, I would say that the social world is much closer to garbage-tier. It really doesn't take much for you to lose out over and over without you having any control over it, even IF you have the looks, and if you actually have an unattractive face and/or legitimate difficulty at communication or socializing, it's harder. There really are people out there who are playing on Super-Easy mode and people playing on Sadistically-Hard mode, and regardless far too many people who succeed just scoff at those who don't and insist "you're just not trying hard enough". Doesn't matter that all kinds of superficial and difficult-to-impossible-to-control factors can shift the threshold of whether a statement comes across as acceptably flirtatious, simply friendly, or borderline harassment. Honestly, one of the "motivational" lines I utterly detest is "you can do it if you try". I much prefer "you won't know until you try" as that's far more accurate. It's entirely possible that you can't do jack, or that you can reach the absolute top, but it takes effort and experimentation to learn which it is for you.

I don't necessarily hate these types of stories. I just read the manga version of OtaRia (I'll Make You an Otaku, so You Make Me a Riajuu), and I don't care if people think it's a ToraDora ripoff, I liked it. Still, this one goes too far while sticking too hard to the most typical framework. I suspect by the end Aoi will at least have feelings for Tomozaki, but I so far can't see me liking the idea. I'd really like a "makeover" story that changes things up a bit. Like, for instance, it could've been cool if Tomozaki had actually gotten even angrier at Nakamura and called life a kusoge, and then Nakamura would be the one to teach him to stand straight and fix his hair etc. instead of a pretty girl. Have them become friends and learn to appreciate each other while helping each other to improve on their weak points rather than someone making a member of the opposite sex look sexy enough for them. For that matter, maybe have the guy actually BE a low-tier guaranteed-hard-mode character. As I said above, this guy would be hot easily if he just straightened his back, fixed his hair, and improved his expression, but MANY people could do all that and still look like crap. Show me an ugly guy who has trouble controlling his weight, or maybe an Aspie or something, struggling to become popular. That would be far more interesting than someone who clearly just didn't try.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 14:55   Link #9
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Yeah, personally I can understand that they're trying to emulate the LN illustrations, but this isn't doing the narrative any favors.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 16:47   Link #10
SolidN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
It's kind of rare I'm in so much agreement with you. Yeah, honestly this had a number of points that I found rather unimpressive. For one thing, it reminded me of complaints I'd heard put against old romance movies and shows where a "plain" girl becomes super-popular, and really the only difference between the "plain" version and the hottie is that she changed her outfit, let her hair down from some ugly bun, and took off her glasses. This is very much the same: Tomozaki is most definitely not a bottom-tier character. One look tells me that if he cut his hair and stopped slouching he'd be fairly good-looking. He's a top-tier character just like her, he just needs to stop running.

Honestly, I think both sides are partly right and partly horribly wrong. That said, I would say that the social world is much closer to garbage-tier. It really doesn't take much for you to lose out over and over without you having any control over it, even IF you have the looks, and if you actually have an unattractive face and/or legitimate difficulty at communication or socializing, it's harder. There really are people out there who are playing on Super-Easy mode and people playing on Sadistically-Hard mode, and regardless far too many people who succeed just scoff at those who don't and insist "you're just not trying hard enough". Doesn't matter that all kinds of superficial and difficult-to-impossible-to-control factors can shift the threshold of whether a statement comes across as acceptably flirtatious, simply friendly, or borderline harassment. Honestly, one of the "motivational" lines I utterly detest is "you can do it if you try". I much prefer "you won't know until you try" as that's far more accurate. It's entirely possible that you can't do jack, or that you can reach the absolute top, but it takes effort and experimentation to learn which it is for you.

I don't necessarily hate these types of stories. I just read the manga version of OtaRia (I'll Make You an Otaku, so You Make Me a Riajuu), and I don't care if people think it's a ToraDora ripoff, I liked it. Still, this one goes too far while sticking too hard to the most typical framework. I suspect by the end Aoi will at least have feelings for Tomozaki, but I so far can't see me liking the idea. I'd really like a "makeover" story that changes things up a bit. Like, for instance, it could've been cool if Tomozaki had actually gotten even angrier at Nakamura and called life a kusoge, and then Nakamura would be the one to teach him to stand straight and fix his hair etc. instead of a pretty girl. Have them become friends and learn to appreciate each other while helping each other to improve on their weak points rather than someone making a member of the opposite sex look sexy enough for them. For that matter, maybe have the guy actually BE a low-tier guaranteed-hard-mode character. As I said above, this guy would be hot easily if he just straightened his back, fixed his hair, and improved his expression, but MANY people could do all that and still look like crap. Show me an ugly guy who has trouble controlling his weight, or maybe an Aspie or something, struggling to become popular. That would be far more interesting than someone who clearly just didn't try.
Agree.

Haha, this anime is interesting but at the same time very stupid with absurd concepts like you can change your ugliness with different facial expressions lol if that were true those in South Korea would not have to resort to plastic surgery.

Is very obvious that Tomozaki is not bottom tier, first he is not fat, second he is not ugly, the only bad thing he has is low self-esteem and maybe he doesn't have fashion sense lol.
SolidN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 20:14   Link #11
grecefar

Well there has to be a flashback on why he is like that, one doesn't give up without reason, no even hachiman and he did tried but people just made him give up. The sister may be a reason, just how casually you insult you brother like that and it wasn't like she was joking.

agree that he is not a bottom tier but the life game made him believe he is one.

Last edited by grecefar; 2021-01-08 at 20:39.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 20:31   Link #12
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I guess the 'no johns' thing was fairly interesting but as a whole this already looks pretty appalling. I might keep up with it just to watch the dumpster burn though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 20:58   Link #13
Chosen_Hero

Anime: I look tired, therefore I am clearly ugly.

So what I gathered is that this is an anime about making the MC go from almost hentai MC to generic MC, am I right so far?

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2021-01-08 at 21:11.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-08, 21:29   Link #14
HandofFate

MC is an even whiner hachiman, but at least hachiman didn't seem that self-hating. It will depend on how good the waifus are. But the MC is so 'average looking' but thinks he's ugly troupe is so bad lol.

Would have liked the series if it was a fashion series instead or something. The girl is blunt, but posture and expression actually is important.
Old 2021-01-08, 23:04   Link #15
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Well there has to be a flashback on why he is like that, one doesn't give up without reason, no even hachiman and he did tried but people just made him give up. The sister may be a reason, just how casually you insult you brother like that and it wasn't like she was joking.

agree that he is not a bottom tier but the life game made him believe he is one.
For now at least I find this unlikely. After all, all that bull about him simply not trying won't hold up if he reveals that he did try for a long time but other people deliberately beat him down and made all efforts meaningless. I'd love it if it did that though, particularly if Aoi actually found out about it or saw it happen again. Seriously, it'd raise my estimates so very much if for once the jerk who insists "you never even tried" has to recognize that he did try, and try HARD, and was rewarded with nothing but more pain and infamy.
Old 2021-01-09, 01:11   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Interesting contrast at play here: Fumiya, "on the top of his game", not reacting much as he floored a "riajuu" Shuji who started blaming a shitty game on his loss. But after that game, Fumiya started a self-rant on how real life is a piece of shit. I guess some people, gamer or riajuu alike, don't react that well when faced with something disadvantageous.

Moving on, I personally didn't like Hinami's approach. Maybe she said those words out of sheer frustration after not following the idea of "don't meet your heroes", but someone who has "won in life" shouldn't be that judgmental, especially to a stranger. This somehow corrupts the entire context of the latter half of the episode into Hinami molding her own image of nanashi to make herself feel good. Let's see if we're wrong to think about Hinami like that.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2021-01-09 at 01:43.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 01:34   Link #17
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidN7 View Post
Agree.

Haha, this anime is interesting but at the same time very stupid with absurd concepts like you can change your ugliness with different facial expressions lol if that were true those in South Korea would not have to resort to plastic surgery.

Is very obvious that Tomozaki is not bottom tier, first he is not fat, second he is not ugly, the only bad thing he has is low self-esteem and maybe he doesn't have fashion sense lol.
well to be fair the thing about "plastic surgery" is more really about lack of confidence and high standarts, because for exemple most of the times is about for girls reduce the noise, make eyes big, a little big breasts and those stuffs, many of the girls doing plastic are not necessary "ugly" they just want to be "the pretty" as they can, because again social standarts and the way plastic surgery become "so common" in south korean which is normally the thing you won from your parents when you sucess in enter a university or important high school, almost all the girls do plastic surgery don't matter if they already are "naturally hot/pretty" they gonna do that because it's what like 99,99.... of then will do.
Old 2021-01-09, 04:02   Link #18
Thor's Hammer

At least Jaku-chara's premise is better than having some NEET otaku fail at life, die and be reincarnated another world where he is a prodigy or overpowered and gets all the girls with limited to no effort. The show is basically an anti-isekai, and I feel that this is welcome, so I'm willing to give it a shot. And a plus is that the main character is just a gamer rather than being a degenerate otaku like Rudeus in Mushoku Tensei. I find the premise of Mushoku Tensei to be offensive although I'll probably continue watching it because it's popular given Rudeus seems like he'll stay degenerate for the rest of his life based off of the 2 episodes NicoNico aired early.

Spoiler for Small Episode 1 spoiler as well as personal anecdote:

Even if this show exaggerates how easy it is to adjust to society, I think what it's presenting is worth it because there are a lot of otaku or socially-maladapted people out there who could use some tips, any tips really, to improve their social skills. I can see certain otaku hating the message of this show given how it beats with a sledgehammer how flawed their way of life is, but I think even giving them a healthy dose of a fictionalized presentation of reality could do them some good.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 08:59   Link #19
Zolton

I like the manga, but I don't feel like the anime is doing this series justice yet. Let's wait and see.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 09:24   Link #20
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
At least Jaku-chara's premise is better than having some NEET otaku fail at life, die and be reincarnated another world where he is a prodigy or overpowered and gets all the girls with limited to no effort. The show is basically an anti-isekai, and I feel that this is welcome, so I'm willing to give it a shot. And a plus is that the main character is just a gamer rather than being a degenerate otaku like Rudeus in Mushoku Tensei. I find the premise of Mushoku Tensei to be offensive although I'll probably continue watching it because it's popular given Rudeus seems like he'll stay degenerate for the rest of his life based off of the 2 episodes NicoNico aired early.

Spoiler for Small Episode 1 spoiler as well as personal anecdote:

Even if this show exaggerates how easy it is to adjust to society, I think what it's presenting is worth it because there are a lot of otaku or socially-maladapted people out there who could use some tips, any tips really, to improve their social skills. I can see certain otaku hating the message of this show given how it beats with a sledgehammer how flawed their way of life is, but I think even giving them a healthy dose of a fictionalized presentation of reality could do them some good.
I have to disagree. First off, I don't think it necessary to go dissing isekai. It's not as common as you suggest for the hero to be a NEET, especially a really maladjusted one, and there's a definite place for such wish fulfillment. And MT is better than you think. I've read a fair distance and there's a lot of character growth and development, and tons of drama and struggle. True, he remains somewhat of a pervert but otherwise he changes himself a lot.

As for this show, the problem is the presentation. I agree that the tips are valuable. But the story seems to consistently present a very inaccurate and borderline offensive impression on the outcasts, the shut-ins and such. Again, it presents it as if a person's failure to be part of the group is because they didn't try or didn't try hard enough. In a very large portion of the otakus and geeks who try to avoid socializing, I'm pretty sure that's at least 80% BS. People aren't that likely to shut others out this way simply because they're too lazy to try. They do it because they've tried and their efforts have been rewarded with enough pain and hardship to make them reject the idea, or because the struggle to keep up is always a losing battle. If you want to give tips on how to present oneself to have better chances with relations, that's fine. Even being a little insulting, telling the audience off for failing to do things that will improve others' impression of them. But going so far as to act like it's that simple, like the audience is entirely at fault for their failure to excel at this "god-tier game" takes it too far.

Not to mention that it really presents a thoroughly unappealing heroine whose entire behavior and attitude is an act designed to make people like her. She comes across as kind of shallow, superficial, and that's not the kind of person I'd want to take life advice from. Again a reason I'd have preferred OtaRia. It's nothing special, but at least in that story the heroine is more open and honest, actually acts like herself rather than pretending to "win the game". And while she gets on the hero's case, she doesn't present it as him being an unmotivated quitter or anything. She just tells him where he's screwing up, and breaks his illusions about normies just being naturally hotter and better. This is a simple difference in presentation, but I think it's big. Emphasize the capacity for growth, don't denounce a perceived lack of effort.

Tags
drama, romance