AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-01-09, 10:35   Link #33841
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Question to your JP players:
Was the thing Fionn talked with your character about just the old man getting back to the Enma-tai or does this event continue in one form or another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I don't think anyone, especially Tama fans, actually thought Tama is 100% innocent considering Vitch and Cat are aspects of her. I mean Vitch is obviously Tamamo Vicchi...The secretary tail
Believe me... Some people do, and even want to pin it on Amaterasu instead, as Tamamo used to be her Avatar.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-01-09 at 11:03.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 12:55   Link #33842
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Lol, Tamamo is legit guilty of all that shit that happened in the original legends where she played consort and brought down a kingdom.

Iirc it's been modified in Fate to her allowing the humans to kill her afterwords (since as a bunrei of Ammy she could have annihilated them all) but she still fucked up the kingdom of her own accord.

Current day Tama wanted to start over and yeeted her tails as they contained the parts of her personality she didnt want to deal with, and since then is just trying to be "a good wife and wise mother" type character.

But it's not like she's absolved of those crimes because she decided to make a fresh start or anything. She's still an Anti-Hero post tail removal.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 13:36   Link #33843
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Lol, Tamamo is legit guilty of all that shit that happened in the original legends where she played consort and brought down a kingdom.

Iirc it's been modified in Fate to her allowing the humans to kill her afterwords (since as a bunrei of Ammy she could have annihilated them all) but she still fucked up the kingdom of her own accord.

Current day Tama wanted to start over and yeeted her tails as they contained the parts of her personality she didnt want to deal with, and since then is just trying to be "a good wife and wise mother" type character.

But it's not like she's absolved of those crimes because she decided to make a fresh start or anything. She's still an Anti-Hero post tail removal.
As said a few pages before, Cat revealed that the only thing she resented when cutting those tails off, was their additional weight. - Tamamo even admits to that being the truth.

What I do think she is actually innocent of is causing the Emperor to fall ill.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 15:50   Link #33844
Void
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Freaking CQ, those damn monkeys were the real boss. As soon as I got rid of these fuckers the battle was a breeze (though Beni almost screws me up with that unexpected invul pierce she put on herself after I broke her first HP bar).
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 16:13   Link #33845
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Freaking CQ, those damn monkeys were the real boss. As soon as I got rid of these fuckers the battle was a breeze (though Beni almost screws me up with that unexpected invul pierce she put on herself after I broke her first HP bar).
The monkeys were the reason i had to revive with command spells. I didn't expect them to have Resistance up, and borrowed someone's Ishtar while taking my Arthoria and Tamamo.
It was the worst possible mix resistance wise, and yet again, Heracles outshined every four star, despite having exactly the same problem they did...
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 16:51   Link #33846
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I was a bit too perfectionist at first and aborted the fight if my Ishtar couldn't get all the monkeys at the same time. When I gave that up, it turned out it wasn't so bad to just weaken them enough to get the survivors in the next two turns.

Backrow archers to finish the job.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 18:22   Link #33847
Void
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
If you're curious to see how I pulled it off, here yo go.

https://mega.nz/file/pMlyXCpC#Guicgz...FBQ4XImc4j4rX4

Last edited by Void; 2021-01-09 at 18:36.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-10, 11:54   Link #33848
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
As said a few pages before, Cat revealed that the only thing she resented when cutting those tails off, was their additional weight. - Tamamo even admits to that being the truth.

What I do think she is actually innocent of is causing the Emperor to fall ill.
The weight thing is only sort of a joke. Cat isn't the most rational being out there(shels a jackal that eats carrots and barks because she.'s a cat) The main reason Tamo ditched the tails is once her spirit origin grows too "heavy" she basically becomes one of the beasts and a threat to humanity. This is a bit worrying as Vitch's SO is said to weigh tons.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-10, 15:08   Link #33849
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Cat: "Even I don't know what I'm saying half the time anywoof!

Sounds like perfectly trustworthy source of information to me.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-10, 20:15   Link #33850
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The weight thing is only sort of a joke. Cat isn't the most rational being out there(shels a jackal that eats carrots and barks because she.'s a cat) The main reason Tamo ditched the tails is once her spirit origin grows too "heavy" she basically becomes one of the beasts and a threat to humanity. This is a bit worrying as Vitch's SO is said to weigh tons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Cat: "Even I don't know what I'm saying half the time anywoof!

Sounds like perfectly trustworthy source of information to me.
Just that Tamamo outright let it slip that cat is actually right...
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 05:53   Link #33851
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Let's be honest, you don't give up godlike powers to loose weight. Taking throw away joke that seriously shows how much you want her be "evil fox".

Anyway got her!
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 09:53   Link #33852
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Question to your JP players:
Was the thing Fionn talked with your character about just the old man getting back to the Enma-tai or does this event continue in one form or another?
AFAIK it's the former. And I don't think Beni has gotten interludes that would continue the story yet (has she? I don't have her)


On Tama BTW, you meet her in Heian Kyo in the Emperor's court as his favored lady before Seimei drove her out and she and Guda came to an agreement not to hinder each other, so yeah lol (although tbf, it does not say exactly what she eventually did to the Emperor)
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 10:28   Link #33853
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Even though I am hurting my own arguments by saying that, Guda is terrible judge of character. Tamamo could commit most terrifying attrocities and still could talk her way out of it.

I mean he/she gave Heracless of mass destruction to person who made it sound like favor...
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 10:33   Link #33854
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Let's be honest, you don't give up godlike powers to loose weight. Taking throw away joke that seriously shows how much you want her be "evil fox".

Anyway got her!
First of all, Grats on your Fox, or otherwise known as Arts Queen. (At least until Casterthoria is here).

I don't know if you've seen the exact conversation yet, but it definitely didn't sound like a joke, and moreover fits her general character rather well.

Again, going by Tamamo's own timeframe, she, and not Vitch, was Daji.

Her Profile doesn't mention her being one of Japan's great demons for nothing either.

Also, Evil or not, Still my favorite Caster, whom I even keep on my support list, as the absence of high level Tamamo's must be frustrating for people with Arts decks. (She is in my All slot though)
The thing I believe her to be innocent of is deliberately making the emperor ill


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
AFAIK it's the former. And I don't think Beni has gotten interludes that would continue the story yet (has she? I don't have her)


On Tama BTW, you meet her in Heian Kyo in the Emperor's court as his favored lady before Seimei drove her out and she and Guda came to an agreement not to hinder each other, so yeah lol (although tbf, it does not say exactly what she eventually did to the Emperor)
Woah, so she was even aware she was a fox in Fate.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Even though I am hurting my own arguments by saying that, Guda is terrible judge of character. Tamamo could commit most terrifying attrocities and still could talk her way out of it.

I mean he/she gave Heracless of mass destruction to person who made it sound like favor...
Guda did what?
And yeah, the current event shows pretty well how easily she can talk her way out of things or just dismiss them. You should really try making it.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-01-11 at 10:53.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 11:08   Link #33855
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
She is one of japanese great demons, because that whole the killing Stone affair presumably. She did slaughtered thousands of soldiers at that time and we don't really have record of any other wrong doing. It also possible that both Daji and Tamamo might be only single incidents not separate ones. As for creation of alter egos, I don't think it fits the character, Tama might be goofy but she's not stupid. Plus Divine Spirits/Servants/Gods aren't supposed physically change. Well except by skill that would allow it by their will. Like morph which would let Tamamo weight hower much she wants

Also if you believe she was innocent of making emperor ill, what exactly is she supposed be guilty of? I thought we are arguing about that part

And yes Guda is super idiot. I assume you skipped Agartha so there is story: Guda gave Kaiju Herc (dubbed as Megalo) to Columbus because "making contract with it would be dangerous and Columbus doesn't want endanger Guda, so he is willing to do it himsefl" I decided not skip it because I needed some mats from there. I found it quite out of character to boot, given it was originally Caldeas Herc.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-01-11 at 11:19.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 11:41   Link #33856
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
First of all, Grats on your Fox, or otherwise known as Arts Queen. (At least until Casterthoria is here).

I don't know if you've seen the exact conversation yet, but it definitely didn't sound like a joke, and moreover fits her general character rather well.

Again, going by Tamamo's own timeframe, she, and not Vitch, was Daji.

Her Profile doesn't mention her being one of Japan's great demons for nothing either.

Also, Evil or not, Still my favorite Caster, whom I even keep on my support list, as the absence of high level Tamamo's must be frustrating for people with Arts decks. (She is in my All slot though)
The thing I believe her to be innocent of is deliberately making the emperor ill




Woah, so she was even aware she was a fox in Fate.




Guda did what?
And yeah, the current event shows pretty well how easily she can talk her way out of things or just dismiss them. You should really try making it.

At any rate though, when you have people like Kama and Kiara in your harem/sidekick roster, Tama is mild lol
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 12:24   Link #33857
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Let's be honest, you don't give up godlike powers to loose weight. Taking throw away joke that seriously shows how much you want her be "evil fox".

Anyway got her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
She is one of japanese great demons, because that whole the killing Stone affair presumably. She did slaughtered thousands of soldiers at that time and we don't really have record of any other wrong doing. It also possible that both Daji and Tamamo incidents might only single not separate ones.

Also if you believe she was innocent of making emperor ill, what exactly is she supposed be guilty of? I though we are arguing about that part

And yes Guda is super idiot. I assume you skipped Agartha otherwise you would now about Guda giving Kaiju Herc (dubbed as Megalo) to Columbus because "making contract with it would be dangerous and Columbus doesn't want endanger Guda, so he is willing to do it himsefl" I myself decided not skip it because I needed some mats there.
Tamamo and Daji didn't even happen in the same time period so they are most definitely separate incidents.
In fact, Tamamo is said to have haunted China, India AND Japan over the span of around 2000(+?) years. Since the splitting started after the killing stone incident she is most certainly the one they originally called Daji.
Vitch reacting to it is still natural though, as she was a part of Tamamo, even Cat refers to that as the reason why she has knowledge about things Tamamo never told anyone else. ("Because I am you, you idiot!" <- Being called idiot by a Cat, and even for a good reason, poor Tamamo )
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 12:42   Link #33858
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Just becaue both stories are thought in different period doesn't means it's a the fact or that either of them actually happened in first place. Either way You said you don't believe she cursed/poisoned emperor so I am asking what's there aside of killing those soldiers?

And again whole weight thing sound like joke and as someone who already get through that part I didn't see any implication it was anything else. Tamamo is avatar of Amaterasu with Morph A skill. There is no way she actually gained weight.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 14:23   Link #33859
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Just becaue both stories are thought in different period doesn't means it's a the fact or that either of them actually happened in first place. Either way You said you don't believe she cursed/poisoned emperor so I am asking what's there aside of killing those soldiers?

And again whole weight thing sound like joke and as someone who already get through that part I didn't see any implication it was anything else. Tamamo is avatar of Amaterasu with Morph A skill. There is no way she actually gained weight.
All her previous crimes in China and India, probably also several in Japan before she went silent for a millennium or two.

Even if she has a morph skill though, doesn't say she wouldn't cut her tails off for weight reasons, and cat didn't look like she was joking either. In fact, she was completely sane during her fight with Tamamo, as hard as that is to believe, given her usual Cat nonsense.

Why should Cat joke here btw? Cat clearly holds a grudge against Tamamo for not having been brushed her properly, by her....

Take another comment from Tamamo done during the same or the following arrow. "Yes, I know I look extremely gorgeous/cute again today *heart*. Moving on, [...]"

A girl using something like this as a greeting usually cares about their weight, and that greeting was more of a joke than her clearly surprised reaction to Cat's knowledge.
Even if Cat wouldn't have said anything though, Amaterasu already called Bullshit on Tamamo's version of the story.
that being said, i doubt Morph lets you reduce the weight of your tails. She could morph herself into human form, yeah, but as soon as she is tails out she'd have that weight again.

You can't just compress your weight, especially not if you are the avatar of a Sun Goddess...
Unless, you want to emit Hawking Radiation, in the foreseeable future, that is.
(Science joke)
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 14:51   Link #33860
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I am not saying cat was joking, I am saying whole skit was joke and Sparrow inn is only place where it's canon. It's not impossible future development will give it some proper context where it will make sense like with Marta punch, but it's pretty impossible take it seriously in any capacity until writers actually think of way to make it true.

As for Tamamo doing some unspecified "crimes". Sure I have no problem admit she could do "something" in India or "something" in China. But that doesn't tell us a anything about her as person neither now or in past.

And I am perfectly sure that Sieg didn't turn into 60kg Fafnir. Nor that Shapeless island is forever irradiated. Though both would be fun.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
android, fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.