AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-03-03, 00:32   Link #741
zerodragon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
can someone tell where the best guide to install this game? i see ones from a few years back and not sure which one to use. since this event is going on, i figure it be the best time to try.
__________________
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 01:46   Link #742
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Easiest way?
Set up a Yahoo Japan account and play it on the browser.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 04:07   Link #743
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I knew I forgot to say something in my last post. The link you posted isn't working. The URL just shows up as blank.
JP websites using katakana and hiragana in their url just screw things all the time.
This should work.
Quote:
Now this is part of what I mean. I keep hearing Hades setup, and Agnis setup, but aside from them being setups with the primal summons as main (120% boost to normal weapon skills), I have no idea what they are. What are the preferred weapons for it? Where do I get the better weapons for it? What's the weapon type ratio? I keep hearing terms for weapon pool setups but not what's actually in them, which doesn't help me at all.
Really I just want to know what the goo weapons are for each of the magna element setups. (and Zeus, though I got an answer to that one). I know about Gisela for dark now, but what about weapons with good skills for each of the elements?
It is really nothing special:
-Weapons with atk UP + Enmity that are considered as normal weapons (Crimson fingers for Fire for example)
-Weapons with Atk UP + double/triple attack UP (Slarnd for Water)
-Weapons with DA/TA UP + enmity (cerberus gun for dark)

You just farm / ticket those weapons and roll with them.
Gamewith has them listed for most elements. Alternatively, just look at other people composition and search for these weapons on a wiki or check the weapon list yourself.
Quote:
I have been 4*-ing. I don't have a ton of 4*s yet though. I just hear of people pulling big numbers without 4*s because of the weapon pools they have.
* doesn't mean much if they have a zeus type of summon instead of the usual magna.
Weapon composition is much more important in general. That said, some characters completely change everything. In earth case, having Makira/Korwa + Ayer and a few baal weapons is enough to contest DPS race.
__________________

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-03-03 at 04:29.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 05:32   Link #744
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is really nothing special:
-Weapons with atk UP + Enmity that are considered as normal weapons (Crimson fingers for Fire for example)
-Weapons with Atk UP + double/triple attack UP (Slarnd for Water)
-Weapons with DA/TA UP + enmity (cerberus gun for dark)

You just farm / ticket those weapons and roll with them.
Gamewith has them listed for most elements. Alternatively, just look at other people composition and search for these weapons on a wiki or check the weapon list yourself.
How do I look at other people's weapon pools? Looking at their profile only shows their party, main weapon, and main summon.

Quote:
* doesn't mean much if they have a zeus type of summon instead of the usual magna.
Weapon composition is much more important in general. That said, some characters completely change everything. In earth case, having Makira/Korwa + Ayer and a few baal weapons is enough to contest DPS race.
Another example of what I mean. I don't know anything about the baal weapons. There are several lists which makes it harder to keep track of which weapons do what. A page that has a list of recommended weapons like Gisela and Cortana would be a huge help

Anyway, I decided to go with the snipping too. Here are my current weapon pools. All main jobs in these are Dark Fencer. For elements that I have two pics of, the first is the pool with bahamut weapons, the second is for parties with multiples races. The reason I use two bahamut weapons is for the extra attack and HP, otherwise those parties would only have base HP. I can't use my MLB Zeus yet because I only have a few GW/normal weapons ready for it, the ones you see in my screenshots.
I currently have a few more buns in the oven such as the recent unknown dark sword to boost my dark party, a couple Celeste Claws and Zoey's ribbon to get for a future summer Zoey party, and the light axe in my second light party is only skill level 5 right now.

Spoiler for Saving space:
Now why does swapping out my unknown axe for the suzakubkatana lower my calculated damage even though my suzaku katana has higher stats and skill boost?
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2017-03-03 at 05:43.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 09:28   Link #745
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Baha weapons are on normal modifier too, so when you substituted it for another normal modifier weapon, which gives lesser boost...that is to be expected.

You want at least one baha weapon in your pool. The harp shouldn't be in that grid unless it's a main hand. Baha Dagger + Suzaku katana would be better.
__________________
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 10:18   Link #746
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Baha weapons are on normal modifier too, so when you substituted it for another normal modifier weapon, which gives lesser boost...that is to be expected.

You want at least one baha weapon in your pool. The harp shouldn't be in that grid unless it's a main hand. Baha Dagger + Suzaku katana would be better.
As I said above, the second screenshots of each element are my multi-race pools, so Bahamut weapons won't work for them. Hence why I have a harp in my second fire pool instead of a Bahamut weapon. (No other stronger normal weapon currently)
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 12:46   Link #747
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
How do I look at other people's weapon pools? Looking at their profile only shows their party, main weapon, and main summon.
Websites and twitter
Quote:
Another example of what I mean. I don't know anything about the baal weapons. There are several lists which makes it harder to keep track of which weapons do what. A page that has a list of recommended weapons like Gisela and Cortana would be a huge help
Checking the jp wiki and all is plenty enough, but as I already stated, the gamewith page I've linked show the usual recommended weapons (and possible substitutes) for both magna and non magna setup.
Quote:
Anyway, I decided to go with the snipping too.
No skill level information doesn't help much, but I assume you have them at lvl10 at the very least.

As I suspected, the raw stats are way too low in general. Every element except earth don't even have a fully 3* lvl100 weapons comp, so it isn't really surprising.

Also, don't ever use a Bahamut weapon as a main hand weapon unless it is a futurus one: its ougi modifier is lower than most weapons.
Quote:
Now why does swapping out my unknown axe for the suzakubkatana lower my calculated damage even though my suzaku katana has higher stats and skill boost?
I already explained before: you need to have a proper balance of modifier type. It doesn't matter if you have a better coefficient and raw with the suzaku katana exactly because it is a normal modifier, whereas the unknown axe provide another modifier which multiply with both normal and magna coefficients.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 13:27   Link #748
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No skill level information doesn't help much, but I assume you have them at lvl10 at the very least.
Yes I said before that all my weapon pool weapons are max skill level, either 10 for non-MLB or 15 if they are MLB.

Quote:
As I suspected, the raw stats are way too low in general. Every element except earth don't even have a fully 3* lvl100 weapons comp, so it isn't really surprising.
The drop rate on the right Magna SSR weapons has been atrocious. I've seen two SSRs in the past several weeks from the host chest only (I solo the max number of raids each day), and neither were even the SSR I need.

Quote:
I already explained before: you need to have a proper balance of modifier type. It doesn't matter if you have a better coefficient and raw with the suzaku katana exactly because it is a normal modifier, whereas the unknown axe provide another modifier which multiply with both normal and magna coefficients.
Yeah I know that, but why does/would that show up in the damage calculator in the game? The description says nothing about taking that into account. *shrug*
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 13:28   Link #749
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Shinji, I think you should just rely on the calculator in the wiki.
I think your issue is unable to remember all the multiplier types in game and the damage equation works.
So instead try to figure it out yourself, just let the calculator crunch the numbers for you.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 13:53   Link #750
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Shinji, I think you should just rely on the calculator in the wiki.
Where's the calculator?

Quote:
I think your issue is unable to remember all the multiplier types in game and the damage equation works.
I'm not sure what you mean by that because aren't there only three weapon types, normal/Bahamut, Magna, and unknown? Unless you're talking about something else entirely on top of that, then yes, which leads to the next part of my reply.

Quote:
So instead try to figure it out yourself, just let the calculator crunch the numbers for you.
I'm asking because there's too much information too figure it out myself. Maybe I could, but all the weapons with different skills, that ridiculously over-complicated damage calculation formula, and everything else just makes this way more complicated than a game should be. I already slaved over all the pages going over the damage formula, and I would rapidly lose interest in this game before straightening all this information out on my own.
Not that I'm asking for a play-by-play, just a "what you should do better" about weapon selection. Aside from uncapping weapons and raising skill levels. I can't do anything more to get the SSRs to drop and my skill levels are maxed out.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2017-03-03 at 14:03.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 14:20   Link #751
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Calculator link is in the menu on the left, like everything else.
The mults is also different between ark skill and enmity skill.
So you have normal atk, normal enmity, magna atk, magna enmity, unknown atk, unknown enmity.
Within normal mults, there is also slight difference between element mult and the character mult. This involves summon stone and crit damage more.

All in all, just look up the weapon states and skill and input it to the calculator and let it do the work.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 20:50   Link #752
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Anyone know what the value is for dark Zeta's dark res debuff?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 21:14   Link #753
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wait, are you talking about the JP wiki? Because it's not there on the English wiki.

EDIT: Still can't find it on the JP wiki either. If the link is labeled in kanji, that would explain why I can't find it. These pages are a sea of text and overflowing information. (Again bringing me back to my problem -_- )
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 22:05   Link #754
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Link
http://hibin0.web.fc2.com/grbr_atk_calc/atk_calc.html
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 23:23   Link #755
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
If anyone could hook me up with a JP Kirin train that doesn't mind someone who can only communicate in EN, let me know. Having difficulty finding EN trains, and i'm not sure if JP twitter trains are approachable.

Sitting on 2 seals :<
__________________
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 02:08   Link #756
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Ugh, that calculator. I've hated that calculator since I first saw it. -_-
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 02:33   Link #757
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I would personally recommend motocal:

http://hsimyu.net/motocal/

It has an English option too and lets you optimize your builds. You'll have to tinker with it to get a hang of it though.
__________________
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 14:01   Link #758
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Sitting on 2 seals :<
I recommend you to wait.
The drop for the Kirin and Kouryu chests us getting an update next four beast event.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 01:54   Link #759
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Something screwy is going on here. I've been testing out my summer Zoey dark party on the extreme level of this event's boss, and until now the damage immunity on Zoey's second ability has been blocking Ain Soph Aur's 50% trigger. Now it goes right through ther damage block and wipes my party. The wiki says nothing about Ain Soph Aur being unaffected by damage block and like I said it was working before.
So did Cygames silently make a patch that lets Ain Soph Aur go through damage block?
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 02:52   Link #760
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
True damage is treated differently, it is unaffected by shields/immunity etc
__________________
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.