AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-16, 18:18   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Funimation now displays a "Sorry this video is not available" page for episode one of Kemono Jihen. I can't find any explanation for this. A glitch of some sort maybe? I'll check tomorrow.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 18:54   Link #22
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Funimation now displays a "Sorry this video is not available" page for episode one of Kemono Jihen. I can't find any explanation for this. A glitch of some sort maybe? I'll check tomorrow.
Seems fine to me. Probably a glitch.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 10:24   Link #23
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well I still can't watch episode one again, but I could watch episode two. The kids are so cliched, but maybe the story will move forward now that we have introduced everyone.
Old 2021-01-17, 12:04   Link #24
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
As for a more welcoming environment I'm going to make the boring prediction that the boy is a bit distant, the yuki-onna girl is very welcoming, boy gets jealous because of that and lash out at Kabane.
Well I've got that wrong, thanks to the trap of the season.
Old 2021-01-17, 13:27   Link #25
grecefar

I knew he was a trap, but at least if he is going to get pissed from being mistaken as a girl at least try and act more like a boy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 14:36   Link #26
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Well I still can't watch episode one again, but I could watch episode two. The kids are so cliched, but maybe the story will move forward now that we have introduced everyone.
I still can't watch episode one and episode two doesn't show up for me at all. Might be time to end my Funi subscription.
Old 2021-01-17, 20:54   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Well I've got that wrong, thanks to the trap of the season.
You have no idea how hard it was not to say anything.

Remember Inugami told Kabane "I work in an office full of guys" last week...

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2021-01-18 at 01:34.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 22:13   Link #28
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Remember Ingumai told Kabane "I work in an office full of guys" last week...
I did remember that. In fact, at the end of last week's episode, when the two new characters walked in the door, I immediately thought, "Hey, didn't he say they were all guys there...?"
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 08:52   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Thanks to his design being so goddamn similar to Andromeda Shun (from Saint Seiya)......
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
....I was able to tell right away that he's a freakin' boy .
Old 2021-01-18, 16:22   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I actually knew he was a boy because I watched the trailer that many times, which actually does spell it out if you pay enough attention to it...

But I didn't want to say anything either.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 17:11   Link #31
Blaat

Looks like I was the only one fooled. I'll have to pay closer attention next time for example I don't recall the "I work with only guys" line.
Old 2021-01-18, 17:42   Link #32
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

No, you weren't the only one, and frankly I wish he were a girl. Maybe there will be one down the road.

I don't think Kabane will find his parents before this season ends. Do you? (No spoiler-based arguments please.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I still can't watch episode one and episode two doesn't show up for me at all. Might be time to end my Funi subscription.
Sorry you're having problems as well though it is reassuring that the problem isn't just limited to me. I have other problems with Funi; for instance, subtitles on the Roku client lose sync. Chromecast from my phone's Funi client or direct via the PC connected to my TV can usually solve this. Still it's annoying because the Roku is so convenient in comparison.
Old 2021-01-18, 18:02   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
No, you weren't the only one, and frankly I wish he were a girl. Maybe there will be one down the road.
I’m not sure why a cast of guys should be a problem when all-female casts are like 40% of modern anime schedules. But don’t worry, there are a couple of excellent female characters in this one.
Old 2021-01-18, 18:05   Link #34
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Looking past the trap, I also have to say that I really loved this episode. It's kinda cheesy but I'm partial to stories where characters demonstrate enduring love in spite of sad circumstances and the writer does well tying the case with Kabane's development. I feel like I'm watching a real classic here.

On a side note, does anyone else get Mushishi vibes from the way these supernatural beings are presented (particularly with it being case by case)?
Old 2021-01-18, 22:08   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mushishi is one that never would have occurred to me TBH, but it's an interesting shout. I was going to say this series reminds me of Kamisama Dolls in some ways.

Agreed with the rest of your post. It's a great combo of old-school shounen and some quirky modern touches, and not afraid of honest emotion. And Kabane is one of the all-time cinnamon roll protagonists.
Old 2021-01-21, 19:15   Link #36
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
I’m not sure why a cast of guys should be a problem when all-female casts are like 40% of modern anime schedules. But don’t worry, there are a couple of excellent female characters in this one.
I frankly want more representation of my gender, thank you very much! Not to mention, I would say most modern anime nowadays are geared more to husbandos. Not that I mind, but I want diversity come on! /rant

Anyyyway, this series has been one of the better shounen out there. A bit more old-school in its treatment and the whole monster of the week format going for it. It’s a solid series so far but it does have some problematic characterization (that will be more prevalent) in the next few episodes I suppose, which is why not sure if this is something I’ll continue with. Let’s see!
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 15:13   Link #37
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I generally prefer shows with diverse casts of men and women with a wide variety of ages. I do watch my share of CGDCT shows, but I prefer diversity.
Old 2021-01-22, 15:49   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm not a fan of either extreme really but considering ultimately we're more exposed to all-girls anime rather than all-boys anime because all-boys anime tend to be...targeted to a specific demographic that isn't us.

And ultimately CGDCT is here to stay as log as our demographic remains joined to the hip with the horny-weeb demographic. XP
Old 2021-01-24, 19:22   Link #39
grecefar

Now this is starting to look like an anime of 100 chapters
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-24, 20:15   Link #40
BWTraveller
Born to ship

This already had an interesting plot and good visuals. Now it has the one last piece I, a hardcore shipper, needed. I was going to watch anyway, but now I'm all in. Here's hoping that Kon gets away from that vixen though. She's about as much of a "mother" as Precia Testarossa.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote