AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-05-08, 18:25   Link #9601
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Reminds me how every time a JP reincarnator/MC/whatever makes japanese dishes, they're always a hit to anyone who tastes them & even often become super popular/wide spread in this clearly western fantasy world setting.

Miso soup is not some universal ambrosia guys.

I'd like to see a attractive/charming heroine outright say she doesn't find it appealing & watch how her popularity to readers tank hard.
Old 2020-05-08, 21:38   Link #9602
Garn

By "no" own experience, many foreigners do not like miso soup very much or find it difficult to digest it at the beginning because it has many granulated lumps
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 22:38   Link #9603
wuhugm
Confused Shark

With how powerful Japanese people are, instead of fearing the unknown of Isekai
We instead fear another Japanese to appear
I don't fear Ancient Dragon or Great Emperor
But I fear another Japanese with Cheat Power to appear and NTRaep my heroines
So silly...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 05:52   Link #9604
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garn View Post
By "no" own experience, many foreigners do not like miso soup very much or find it difficult to digest it at the beginning because it has many granulated lumps
....What? I've never encountered miso soup that has lumps in it.
Old 2020-05-09, 06:36   Link #9605
Rasty

^ Also never seen it, then again if you forget it for about a week it will have quite a few green lumps in it I guess.

^^ Yep, actually the main problem is with how much easy mode all the isekais are. I am not against light-hearted series where you know everything will go OK for the MC, but it's good if whatever he is doing is a bit of challange for him even so. There is quite a lack of series that take themselves seriously and the MC is strong (or even OP), but not just a god.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 07:04   Link #9606
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ Also never seen it, then again if you forget it for about a week it will have quite a few green lumps in it I guess.
Green lumps? You mean mold?
Old 2020-05-09, 08:11   Link #9607
wuhugm
Confused Shark

First time I see this tag : 処女喪失 in narou lmao

N8101DT btw
Old 2020-05-09, 09:00   Link #9608
Garn

^^Then it would have been another similar food, when they explained to me they said that it was as if it had granules almost like sand

I was reading one where the MC was basically a god but I stopped reading it when the first real enemy appears and the MC can't do anything against
This enemy almost kidnapped one of the heroines to raep her, obviously this enemy was a normal Japanese but with a special skill
Old 2020-05-09, 13:08   Link #9609
Garn

Protagonist before Isekai: I want to be the most powerful, be popular with women and be recognized
After: I don't want to show my powers, for some reason women come to me, stop recognizing me, I'm an adult in a young body, I'm not a genius
Old 2020-05-09, 13:27   Link #9610
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Dun want to touch heroine because while now I'm young, I was a corporate slave in my 40 and touching girls in their teens in this new life is still unethical
(But doesn't touch older women as well so I don't know what's he's bullshitting about)
Old 2020-05-09, 15:38   Link #9611
Rasty

^ That. I can kind of empathize with MC not being exactly into going after his 14 years old classmates as they just seem too stupid and childish, but then I just don't get why he doesn't go after the teachers or whatever older women there are. If the novel is tensei though, I don't think there is any excuse for not dating the peers, it is understandable before he turns like 15 (there is also much less hormones), but after that he should be pretty accustomed to being young again.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 22:57   Link #9612
Greenish Growth

One of the many reasons that JPN authors keep pulling that "I don't want to be stand out" thing is so that more characters can keep being stunned by how overpowered the MC is. They can instantly be amazed and/or made fearful of them.

If a lot of the characters in the story already know how strong the MC is the author can't use those "fun" scenes very much.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 23:14   Link #9613
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^He can display power equal to A-Rank and just commit to that unless very dangerous situation occurs
Old 2020-05-10, 01:08   Link #9614
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garn View Post
Protagonist before Isekai: I want to be the most powerful, be popular with women and be recognized
After: I don't want to show my powers, for some reason women come to me, stop recognizing me, I'm an adult in a young body, I'm not a genius
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Dun want to touch heroine because while now I'm young, I was a corporate slave in my 40 and touching girls in their teens in this new life is still unethical
(But doesn't touch older women as well so I don't know what's he's bullshitting about)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ That. I can kind of empathize with MC not being exactly into going after his 14 years old classmates as they just seem too stupid and childish, but then I just don't get why he doesn't go after the teachers or whatever older women there are. If the novel is tensei though, I don't think there is any excuse for not dating the peers, it is understandable before he turns like 15 (there is also much less hormones), but after that he should be pretty accustomed to being young again.
This is because one of the central themes of JP novels is romance. Less talented authors have to find arsepull ways of dragging that out or else the MC would have to bang the gals at one point and the author would have to find something else to write about(unless they plan to make their novel into hentai).
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 04:25   Link #9615
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Fanta View Post
This is because one of the central themes of JP novels is romance. Less talented authors have to find arsepull ways of dragging that out or else the MC would have to bang the gals at one point and the author would have to find something else to write about(unless they plan to make their novel into hentai).
pretty much agree with this, one of the things main authors of JP have issues with is how to write romance and relationships, and generally, relationship and interactions between characters are way harder to write than most people would thinks. Newbie or non professional authors generally don't know how to write relationship without breaking characters and story at the same time so it results in either characters acting out of their personality or the story gone into a stall so the interaction can be logical without hampering the future plot directions.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 06:03   Link #9616
wuhugm
Confused Shark

1 question btw

Why isekai religion always based on Christianity?
Why not Islam or Buddha?

Japanese people don't realize that the gospel was successful, aren't they?
Old 2020-05-10, 06:15   Link #9617
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
1 question btw

Why isekai religion always based on Christianity?
Why not Islam or Buddha?

Japanese people don't realize that the gospel was successful, aren't they?
It’s either Christianity or Graeco-Roman religion. It’s just to go with the flow of being in a WESTERN isekai setting. Isekai novels takes place in a non-European setting are a minority.Most isekai settings takes place either in a western European medieval setting or an 18th century European royal court setting(Shojou novels).

Islam is too sensitive while Buddhism is probably too boring for JP readers.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2020-05-10 at 06:27.
Old 2020-05-10, 08:20   Link #9618
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^But even in Medieval time, other religions exist, even as an enemy

In Isekai, the only bad religion is Evil God Religion

Kinda too black and white and No Crusade sucks

Aside from Ankoku Kishi, is there any novel where Each God has their own worshipers and fighting for influence? (But none of them can easily be called "evil" god, just difference in ideal)

More common in CN like Coiling Dragon, but those Gods are just peak cultivators so they are assholes
Old 2020-05-10, 08:45   Link #9619
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
^But even in Medieval time, other religions exist, even as an enemy

In Isekai, the only bad religion is Evil God Religion

Kinda too black and white and No Crusade sucks

Aside from Ankoku Kishi, is there any novel where Each God has their own worshipers and fighting for influence? (But none of them can easily be called "evil" god, just difference in ideal)

More common in CN like Coiling Dragon, but those Gods are just peak cultivators so they are assholes
Enemy religion=evil religion. That’s how Western Europeans viewed other religions.

The problem about isekai fantasy is that the gods are very real, there’s no ambiguity over which gods are real and therefore,there’s no dispute in which god is real. Most gods also have their own portfolios, therefore unless there’s an overlap like in Danmachi(where there’s multiple gods of love for example), there often isn’t a need for fights.

The closest thing to what you propose is the CN novel I promoted a couple of weeks ago where Greek/Roman, Persian/Mesopotamian, and Norse gods co-exist.There’s a de facto state of truce between the different gods and wars between nations are basically proxy wars between the gods of different cultures. Even then there are actual ‘evil’ gods like the titans who are locked up.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2020-05-10 at 08:56.
Old 2020-05-10, 10:01   Link #9620
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Fanta View Post
Enemy religion=evil religion. That’s how Western Europeans viewed other religions.
Not that propaganda shit, fool

The Evil God Religion is usually objectively evil, coz sacrificing loli and shit

Tags
web novel