Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-19, 20:20   Link #261
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

don't forget when he sliced off Yammi's arm like it was nothing :3
Old 2009-03-19, 20:21   Link #262
Langus
Optimus Prime

Now that's what I like to call an Ichigo bitch slap.
Old 2009-03-19, 20:23   Link #263
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
i could not believe my eyes is ichigo full grown hollow or a true arrancar i cant tell but what he did with Ulquiorra cutting of his arm off summon his zanpakuo and the cero that can overpowers his own.

He might

Be full true arrancar or true vizard i dont know will see what will happen in chapter 351
Old 2009-03-19, 20:31   Link #264
poopies69

Was that really Ichigo? because he normally swings his sword with two hands, in this chapter it looks like that ichigo was swinging the sword with one hand.
Old 2009-03-19, 20:46   Link #265
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopies69 View Post
Was that really Ichigo? because he normally swings his sword with two hands, in this chapter it looks like that ichigo was swinging the sword with one hand.
Hichigo swings the sword with one hand.

Anyway, this version of Ichigo seemed to be a mindless beast. The one thing I didn't want to happen.

Not happy.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2009-03-19, 20:50   Link #266
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Really? I thought he was fighting quite intelligently, he didn't bull-rush emoccar and countered his every move.

He is fighting style is very brutal at the moment, but far from the unintelligent fighting style of a mindless beast.
Old 2009-03-19, 20:51   Link #267
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraame View Post
I agree that this new form is like a leveling-up of his Visored powers. The stanching of the bleeding from the hole in his chest could be a a result of what little healing Orihime might have provided or it might have been stopped by his hollow or Zangetsu like at his fight with Zenpachi. He can't be an Arrancar because Arrancar started out as hollow and moved into shinigami domain. He would remain a Visored even if he looks more hollow than shinigami, because he started out as a shinigami.
Ichigo could really swing either way, which is why I used the word "dominantly"...Ichigo started out as neither shinigami nor hollow but human...Yes, his father was a shinigami, giving Ichigo inherent spiritual power, but not necessarily shinigami powers...Rukia's powers don't necessarily count because it wasn't Ichigo's own, but it did draw on Ichigo's latent spiritual power...But Ichigo gained his own personal powers when he was training with Kisuke in his shop, however gaining both shinigami and hollow powers at the same time, but still dominantly shinigami...

He's still dominantly shinigami, but with hollow powers that augment his shinigami abilities, making him a visored...But at this point, he's definitely dominant in hollow powers while still retaining his zanpakuto, and while it's not known if his zanpakuto would help any of his hollow powers, this typeset none-the-less is more like an arrancar...

The difference between Ichigo and a visored and an arrancar is that a visored spiritual powers start as a shinigami and later include the addition of hollow, while an arrancar spiritual powers start as a hollow and later include the addition of shinigami; There is no dominant anything, just one typeset and later a hybrid...With Ichigo, there is no typeset; He came out of that hole donning both a hollow mask and a shinigami uniform, making him a hybrid from the start...The only reason he's associated with the Visored and not the Arrancar is that he's still dominantly shinigami, at least most of the time up until now...

I think with Ichigo, power dominance and life support are the two deciding factors that determine whether "Ichigo" stays his human/shinigami self or if his inner hollow takes over his self...That kind of a full-face hollow mask that covers the entire head is not something you obtain through visored training, but more like through the process of resurrección...And while visored training helps you consciously control one's inner hollow, I don't think it includes any preparation for what happens when one gets close to or reaches death...
Old 2009-03-19, 20:51   Link #268
Setsuna00

what are the pictures on the first page showing i can't make it out at all
Old 2009-03-19, 20:56   Link #269
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna00 View Post
what are the pictures on the first page showing i can't make it out at all
I want to say it's a far away shot that's zooming in...
Old 2009-03-19, 21:09   Link #270
kagato3

I think it is Ichigo's feild of veiw the second pannel looks like Orihime's sheild going up. the 3rd her kneeling in front of him, the 4th i think it's her starting to cry. whats intresting is he is hearing her before she calls out to him as that happens on page 3.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-03-19, 21:19   Link #271
Alchemist007
*Author

I think when he got his sword and Inoue got blown away, it might've been intentional since she was right in between him and Ulq. Might've been relying on Ishida to take care of her.
Old 2009-03-19, 21:30   Link #272
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
now im more interested with whats happening with the other 3 espadas...

anyone notice any similarity between this new hollow ichigo and devil jin from tekken?
Old 2009-03-19, 21:45   Link #273
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I really liked the way he summoned Zangetsu to his hand, that was great. And slicing/ripping Ulquiorra's arm off was pretty crazy. Id say he's probably more on the human brutal side fighting with instinct then a mindless animal atm, but... he hasn't said anything yet so he might just be a beast which would be disappointing.
Old 2009-03-19, 22:03   Link #274
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I'm still laughing at Uliqorria. Dudes in denial. THinks only hollows can use Cero.
Old 2009-03-19, 22:19   Link #275
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I'm still laughing at Uliqorria. Dudes in denial. THinks only hollows can use Cero.
he should know that not only hollows can use ceros, he DID intrude on the grimmjow Shinji fight where shinji used a Cero on grimmjow, how much ulq saw at the time is unknown though he just steped in to stop grimmjow. On another note i think ichigos in control right now, hes just too pissed off to talk, and is using primal instincts thats his hollow said he lacked when they fought internally we'll see in 351 though.
Old 2009-03-19, 22:20   Link #276
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda View Post
he should know that not only hollows can use ceros, he DID intrude on the grimmjow Shinji fight where shinji used a Cero on grimmjow, how much ulq saw at the time is unknown though he just steped in to stop grimmjow. On another note i think ichigos in control right now, hes just too pissed off to talk, and is using primal instincts thats his hollow said he lacked when they fought internally we'll see in 351 though.
Well Ichigo basically is like Naruto in Kyuubi form. Crazy and uncontrollable. Yes I don't think Ichigo is in control of himself.
Old 2009-03-19, 22:33   Link #277
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Perhaps it's 'old man Zangetsu' who's in control this time?
Old 2009-03-19, 22:34   Link #278
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
From all of this arc, I still call Orihime dies, (I don't hate her.)But it's the only way this series is getting better
Old 2009-03-19, 22:55   Link #279
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I really liked the way he summoned Zangetsu to his hand, that was great.
Ichigo is adept with the Force...
Old 2009-03-19, 23:06   Link #280
LightChess

He reached level 2. Just like Ulquiorra showed us.

Remember he said not even izen knows of this level 2 stage of arancar. And now ichigo has it.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion