Notices

Old 2009-02-03, 07:59   Link #181
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Patience.. This aint like the rate your signature thread .. Maybe some peoples are quite busy with their life to post their own critic.

Anyway, the render are quite low quality .. and the BG really sort of random coloring work, the color are quite random. You seems to realised that your signature are too plain, then decided to just splash some random color to spice it up. Result is well .. a total random.

Decides whether you are going for a simplistic design, or elaborate theme (grunges vector, flowery or whatever). Plain BG will never work with multi colored. (at least I never see one yet. )
Okay, how you guessed that is beyond me. Pretty much all I can do is nod in agreeance. *nods in agreeance*[/redundancy] You're right, I didn't want a plain background, so I tried my hand at blending a few colors that mixed well for my taste. I actually didn't feel like cropping Taiga herself, so I still had the background from the art, as well as the blank space that I started with. After I started on the back ground, I had to blend them together, but then I needed to layer more and more things on to mak it look as "good" as possible, which is where that came up. I blurred the back too much, I guess. I was going to try larger patches of color, but I doubt that will be any better. I'm not really sure where to go from here. DX
Old 2009-02-03, 08:46   Link #182
Blerghovic
Meh

A sig I made recently. I've never got any real feedback on what I make so any comments would be nice
Old 2009-02-03, 09:33   Link #183
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post

A sig I made recently. I've never got any real feedback on what I make so any comments would be nice
Try playing with the font a little more...it may be better used to the left of the render (and it could be even bigger than it is now), possibly with the same color as the guys cloak. That way, it would be easily readable and usable for some kind of effect/detail that will further enhance the signature. Other than that, nothing comes to my mind right now.

Quote:
Curse you Larthak! its KAMINA! AWESOME IMBA OMGWTFOWNAGE KAMINA ! Not just "the guy"

Oh, great Kamina-sama! Forgive me for my disrespectful words, for my limitless ignorance. I didn't mean any harm to your greatness! I humbly beg you, do not banish me from this existence!

Now, would you be so kind as to lift the curse, KiNA?

Last edited by Larthak; 2009-02-03 at 10:04.
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 09:54   Link #184
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Curse you Larthak! its KAMINA! AWESOME IMBA OMGWTFOWNAGE KAMINA ! Not just "the guy"

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 12:49   Link #185
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Some improvement.

Let see whats wrong in this.. We now have a main focus .. the BG face is still a bit distracting .. I would lower the opacity on it so its still there but barely visible to not make the BG too flat. Text is good, but I will align it to the left.. right now, it seems that you are quite reluctant to cover the BG face with text, maybe because you think it will make it harder to read? My advice is, decides the priority.. do you value the quote? or do you value the BG face more? My choice would be the quote, thus, I will lower the bg face opacity and write the quote above it ..
Yes the priority is the quote, but the bg face( the no-mask face). have is importance too. I changed the time of some verb ( text more coherent) the color of the text said/thinked by the narrator (from now, I will keep the color violet/すみれ色 for some technical element and line of text said by Amano Tooko). I hope it's better, but there room to improvement.
Old 2009-02-03, 12:53   Link #186
Cierra
Pieces Of Me
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Cierra
Since this thread looks a bit of active again. I think it's time to post my new siggie fresh from the oven!

I always have probs with the background so i left it plain and simple(as always)
any comment would be grateful. thanks

Thanks to KiNa for this lovely signature =3
Cierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 22:38   Link #187
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Cierra, a interesting sig. A little over the limit and is it intentional than one of her side seem to got more light when the source of it seem to be at the center ( in her hand?).
Old 2009-02-04, 03:21   Link #188
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Cierra, a interesting sig. A little over the limit and is it intentional than one of her side seem to got more light when the source of it seem to be at the center ( in her hand?).
Look at Cierra's current signature (or avatar). Dizzy, that character has two different wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
Since this thread looks a bit of active again. I think it's time to post my new siggie fresh from the oven!

I always have probs with the background so i left it plain and simple(as always)
Well, it is...plain and simple.

You said it yourself. Not only that, I can see quite a number of white spots at the borders of the render. That needs fixing too.
Old 2009-02-04, 07:50   Link #189
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Yes the priority is the quote, but the bg face( the no-mask face). have is importance too. I changed the time of some verb ( text more coherent) the color of the text said/thinked by the narrator (from now, I will keep the color violet/すみれ色 for some technical element and line of text said by Amano Tooko). I hope it's better, but there room to improvement.
Have you ever considered to italized some of the quote .. so they are not only separated by colors?
Also, your name is randomly placed .. I cant think of another place tho.. would consider dropping it altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra View Post

Not only the BG, as Larthak said, the render could do a makeover cleanup .. and its as flat as Taiga's chest .. no depth at all
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 13:04   Link #190
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Those two are just a insane idea than I got last night I honestly don't know if I will use of those one day,(or eve if it is usable).
Comment would be appreciated:
Old 2009-03-02, 19:35   Link #191
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What are you looking for with that post? Which is better? I prefer the one on the right... Or do you wish for criticism?

Possitive
  • Its something different compared to images people use here.
  • You use only 2-3 colors: paper color and solid red & blue.
  • I like the non standard intentation on the quote.
  • The sky in the seccond with its noise and the cirrus clouds looks good in contrast with the ground.

Neutral
  • The font size used is small.
  • I wish you would use more cheerful colors in your signature.

Negative
  • You failed contrast on the font. Those settings on that background are taboo. The general consensus is that the way you are currently going about it is not design but "attitude" (if it can be called that), whereas you are purposely making it unreadable. This is not a good thing, do not annoy your audience its best left to jokes.
  • You have - what appears to be - three vertical lines in the starting quote. I fail to see the purpose of that originality, if intentional.
  • You appear to have two quotes in the first signature; if that's not the intention (ie. you are quoting different sources) then its a mistake. The ellipsis in that context is also a typo. If the 1st and 2nd part are from the same source and the ellipsis is to mean a break in content then the place everything under one set of quotes and the ellipsis which is not part of the text in brakets. Brakets (ie. "[" and "]") is what is - usually - used to symbolise inserted content in a quote, for example: "Those two [signatures] are just a insane idea than I got last night [...] Comment would be appreciated:"
  • The clock has no contrast; I think placing a physical object there also ruins the symbolism.
  • It doesnt feel like Poe to me. I do not really see how that small smuged polygonal area fits with the theme. The colors are a little too bold and random with the deep red somewhat cliche. (hint) The shades of red, for example, are not colors that have been associated with anything other then the generic "its red".
  • Is the border necesary?
Old 2009-06-17, 01:16   Link #192
Kelisidina
On thin ice

*points to her sig*
Kelisidina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 02:31   Link #193
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelisidina View Post
*points to her sig*
Seems pretty decent, though, of course, it can be better.

A few observations:
  • The render is a bit jagged (especially visible on the left side on her hair), a subtle blending would eliminate this problem easily without reworking the render from the scratch.
  • The background is nice, fits very well with the girl, still the area on the left feels a little empty, simply adding a text is another great workaround. Of course, the font could ruin everything decent so far.
  • Sorry for pointing it out, but that sig is double the signature filesize limit. >_<
One more thing to praise. That 3D border is cool, good idea there.

Hope I helped.
Old 2009-06-17, 02:51   Link #194
Kelisidina
On thin ice

...lol I'll try to resize without ruining it XD And yeah the text actually ruined it.

Thanks a lot!! But I have a few questions:

What type of blending?
How can I improve the rendering?

Also, guys, what about:

Http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/v...isianthius.jpg
Old 2009-06-17, 02:58   Link #195
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
I would remouve the light near her eye and try to make it AS safe ( the file is more than the double of the weight limit)
Old 2009-06-17, 03:06   Link #196
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
...lol I'll try to resize without ruining it XD And yeah the text actually ruined it.

Thanks a lot!! But I have a few questions:

What type of blending?
Well, you can do a lot of stuff, you can smudge the edges of the girl or use a layer mask for blending, so that you hide all unwanted stuff.

Spoiler for layer mask:
Um...though I don't know if you're using Photoshop or GIMP.

Quote:
How can I improve the rendering?
Did you cut the girl from some picture yourself or got a pre-made render from somewhere? If you did it yourself, what tool did you use for that? If not, well, nothing can be done about that.
Old 2009-06-17, 07:15   Link #197
Kelisidina
On thin ice

The layer mask seems cool I'll try it thanks =3

Tried making stuff AS safe:

Old 2009-06-17, 07:24   Link #198
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Kelisidina ,is that a good idea to put that bright thing in fornt of the nose of the girl on the second sig? At first look, it look like some kind of big excrescence ( at least to me ).
Old 2009-06-17, 07:52   Link #199
Kelisidina
On thin ice

Actually I think it was because I wasn't able to clean her well enough. Buri can't edit it now because it's a JPEG file
Old 2009-06-17, 17:14   Link #200
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

2nd is too big, the file size limit is 50,000 bytes (~48.8 KB).

Tags
discussion, signature