AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-17, 23:41   Link #21
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Uninhabited Planet Survive

Well, since this obviously has no thread of it's own, I thought I'd kick one off. So far I'm really enjoying this series. Not entirely sure what to think of all the charecters. But overall I'm liking it quite a bit already. Plus 2 thumbs up to WeSuck fansubs. You guys got some kick*** quality. At least that's my opinion.

Anyone else seen it yet? Whatcha guys think of it?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-17 at 06:40. Reason: Threads merged
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 00:13   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I have been curious of this show for a while. What is the story is all about? I have looked at animenfo but the description of the story is vague. "We Suck" just recently subbed episode 3. So Raiden, if you have seen all the subbed episodes, what is your take on it? You can spoil me.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 00:27   Link #23
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

WeSuck are doing a great job pickin up series and shows I've never heard of... I wasn't sure of this show when I dl'd it... but then again I wasn't sure of BPS either and I got hooked on that....

I've just watched the first episode... the show takes place in the future with like space colonies and other stuff like that... and the main character seems alright as well... I thought it was an alright show from the first episode and I'm lookin to watch more of it... it's definitely fillin the void left by Stellvia with all that futuristic stuff...

btw..... that blond guy is a total prick though...
Old 2004-01-18, 05:03   Link #24
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Yea the blonde stuck up guy is an asshole. lol if I was there I would've kicked his ass already. anyways so far I like it, I will definitely continue watching the subs as they come out.
Old 2004-01-18, 06:37   Link #25
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
it's definitely fillin the void left by Stellvia with all that futuristic stuff...
I haven't watched Stelvia, so I don't know what it's about, but if you are expecting Survive to be sci-fi, well, it's incredibly far from being sci-fi.

I really don't think this should be a spoiler since it's in the opening sequence, but anyway..

Spoiler:

Also, if you don't like slow moving, or hate non-action packed anime, or require very deep (angsty) characters, this series is not for you.
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 08:40   Link #26
Walküre

I've seen the first 3 Episodes of this too (currently downloading the 4th),
and i really enjoyed watching it so far.

I cant really tell why i like it , I think its just nice Comedy with a bunch of cool Characters

I'm going to continue with this Show for sure !
Walküre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 09:11   Link #27
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
btw..... that blond guy is a total prick though...
That would be a huge understatement.

The comedy is nice and...well, like Walkure said, I can't tell you why I like it, but I just do. It really sticks to you.

Last edited by Lord Raiden; 2004-05-18 at 12:12.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 11:23   Link #28
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

I like it because, while it seems like it may be aimed at the younger sect in Japan, it's got an innocent adventure vibe to it that we don't get to see in fansubs very often. I like it for a lot of the same reasons I like Planetes and even GTO. There's no giant robots, no lame ass fanservice, no mahou shoujo, or silly bishounen. Just a bunch of cool (and not so cool) kids and a seeminly interesting story. Looking forward to more.

And major propers to We Suck for picking up this series. It was picked up by a bunch of smaller groups who only got an episode or 2 out, and We Suck comes out and get's us 3 and 4 like they were on a mission. I hope they stay with this one.
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 12:00   Link #29
babbito2k
annoying white bat

here's another thread for the same show:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...Planet+Survive

I just got through episode 4. The show is a kid's adventure about a class trip gone really wrong - to the extent that a small group of kids winds up on an apparently uninhabited planet - well, once they are there, "uninhabited planet" is a misnomer innit. The kids more or less do not get along with each other, but they will have to if they want to survive their little vacation.

This show has nothing SFnal about it - this is a classic Japanese theme (the word for "group harmony" is wa) which could have been set anywhere. In fact it seems that an ecological/technophobic theme will emerge in the middle of the series.

I notice that Madhouse (Card Captor Sakura, X Movie, X TV and many more) is involved in this production, which accounts for at least some of the satisfaction people seem to be getting from watching the show.

I also gotta give props to WS.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 14:43   Link #30
davFunereal
Village watchman.

I'm enjoying Uninhabited Planet Survive a lot. And that blonde guy you all speak of, Howard, is actually remarkably effective (full credit to Ishida Akira's performance--Nagisa Kaoru from NGE). He is much more likeable than the written role might have been.

Last edited by davFunereal; 2004-01-18 at 17:24.
davFunereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 17:59   Link #31
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

I watched all 4 eps yesterday, I love it so far. I'm not sure what it is about it, I like the art style and it just seems a bit different from the norm. And yea, Howard is not exactly a sniper. I'd fill up his water bottle with salt water, let him have that.
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 18:27   Link #32
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Also If I remember correctly Howard was the one who
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-18, 18:32   Link #33
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Also If I remember correctly Howard was the one who
Spoiler:

Did they show the person who did that? I thought they only showed the hand of the person who did that.....

Well... after 3 episodes.... I can say that the Stellvia feelin is gone and I'm sorta gettin a Lord of the Flies vibe now...... I just hope that this series doesn't end up like Lord of the Flies... it's a good show still!
Old 2004-01-18, 18:39   Link #34
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
Did they show the person who did that?
They show the color of the hand, and it's male. The only two in the cockpit were Shingo and Howard.

Menori is the only one as pale as Howard.
davFunereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 18:46   Link #35
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Did they show the person who did that? I thought they only showed the hand of the person who did that.....

Well... after 3 episodes.... I can say that the Stellvia feelin is gone and I'm sorta gettin a Lord of the Flies vibe now...... I just hope that this series doesn't end up like Lord of the Flies... it's a good show still!
Yeah your right, they only showed a hand. Could of been the short kid or Howard since they were both fooling around with the controls in the cockpit. My bad, I guess my memory isnt so accurate. Anyways hes still an ass. I hope some giant monster eats him soon cuz hes getting on my nerves.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2004-01-18 at 19:06.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 18:55   Link #36
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Yeah... I ain't feelin Howard as well..... but at least he ain't as bad as he was in the first episode.... don't get me wrong though... he's still a jackass.... lol.......

I sorta wish too... that they had a better voice for the girl with glasses... I really don't like the way she sounds.... but that's just me......
Old 2004-01-18, 18:55   Link #37
Paper

With regards to Howard..

Spoiler:

At least for the first 11 episodes, I dunno about the rest since they haven't aired. If Howard's character doesn't develop in the next 3 to 5 episodes, I'm going to lose all hope for this series. I do believe they will expand Howard's character eventually though.. as I've said in the other thread, they seem to be filling in background information for each character now, and having the character grow with regards to it.

But I agree with others in this thread, it's a nice anime with none of the typical crap you find in anime being thrown in.

BTW, the girl with the glasses does get better (more tollerable), you'll just have live with her for a few episodes.
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 18:59   Link #38
Walküre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Yeah your right, they only showed a hand. Could of been the short kid or Howard since they were both fooling around with the controls in the cockpit. My bad, I guess my memory isnt so accurate. Anyways hes still an ass. I hope some giant monster eats me soon cuz hes getting on my nerves.
...but when a giant Monster eats you, you'll never know how this Story ends and if Howard survives at the end

sorry, but i had to write that, just suits so well
Walküre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 19:06   Link #39
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walküre
...but when a giant Monster eats you, you'll never know how this Story ends and if Howard survives at the end

sorry, but i had to write that, just suits so well
HAHAHA you made a funny out of my mistake, I think I fix that right up. lol
Old 2004-01-18, 19:53   Link #40
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Quote:
I sorta wish too... that they had a better voice for the girl with glasses... I really don't like the way she sounds.... but that's just me......
It's not just you. Her voice actor is beyond annoying. I guess it fits the character. Not the annoying part, just the sound of the voice fits her I guess, but it doesn't make her any more tolerable to listen to.
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote