AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-04, 23:48   Link #101
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Yes the Archangel has an anti-grave system much like the one found on the original white base that it is based on.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 23:57   Link #102
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

ZZ (characters and ms), Victory (story, I think), and Gundam Wing (ms designs).
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 10:52   Link #103
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

G-G-G-Gundammm
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 21:52   Link #104
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

well now that think about it zeta gundam ties with gundam x and gundam zz.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 23:02   Link #105
AEUG
Dog of Zeon

My favorites were Zeta, the Original, Char's Counterattack, Turn A, and Victory.
AEUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 09:16   Link #106
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Wow, this thing is still here.. o.o

cool ^-^
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 02:08   Link #107
Viet_Nammer

My Favourite Gundam series is .... drum roll please.............Gundam WING!!! Lol Gundam wing got me into gundam but i was only like 9 years old when i watched it so i might not understand alot of it but I Likve Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny About the same or mabey more then Gundam wing. LOL I would like to say I LOVE GUNDAM Period
Viet_Nammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 07:42   Link #108
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Anno...has anyone said 08th MS Team? Yeah, that one gets my vote. One of the most beautiful love stories ever portrayed by anime...it's the only Gundam series that really gets to me.
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 14:11   Link #109
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
8th MS was good but lack the epic feel that the other gundam series brought about, yes its fun to see grunts like Shiro fight, seeing the war in the perspective of an average soldier and not the insanely strong new types like Kamille, Amuro, Lalah etc, but for that same reason, its also not my fave gundams, lack of grand battles such as A boa qu, or high body counts such as zeta or victory.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 17:51   Link #110
Maya Miyazono
~The Closer I Get To You~

Send a message via MSN to Maya Miyazono
Gundam Wing~

It's the series that made me love Gundam!

Second would be Gundam victory/V.
Maya Miyazono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 01:40   Link #111
Sleep|My|Valentine

Send a message via Yahoo to Sleep|My|Valentine
I was a fanatic of gundam wing when i was in highschool i even skipped cleaning just to go home early i loved it so much i watched the series 3 times and after i was able to memorize the episodes too bad some episodes where edited in our country

the series reminds me of the movei "art of war" because of what triez said when he was challenging zechs i really think its the closest thing to reality if you base the series on how realistic the events where

i'm not saying that GW is better than GS but the characters in GW never had these new type abilites unlike in GS and in GX thats why i say its more realistic in the sense that GW never had special abilites
Sleep|My|Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 02:38   Link #112
tritoch

V Gundam.

Man, I really cried alot whenever someone dies!
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 03:20   Link #113
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

1. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - It just has all the right elements in the right place, and many of my favorite moments throughout Gundam.

2. Turn-A Gundam - Well, I've gained an attachment to this series for... potentially obvious reasons... but otherwise, I simply love the depth of it's story and characters. The Mecha design quickly grew on me after the first few episodes of viewing. It took me longer to get used to the unconventional settings than it did the mecha, but the whole show grabbed me quite quickly once I let it. Plus the show is quite fluently animated and the battles are very nicely crafted.

3. Char's CounterAttack Movie - Not a series per-say, but definitely one of my favorite Gundam pieces, and perhaps my favorite anime film. There is just so much ingenius character depth condensed into this 2 hour epic. While I will admit that some of the film's events seem a bit confusing, it's still very tightly written for those who are willing to watch it and the dialogue closely. The fights scenes and animation still look fantastic today, and this was animated in 1987.

4. Mobile Suit Gundam, 0079 TV series - What can I say? A classic is a classic, and even with 70s animation, this is one heck of an anime classic that has aged decently. The animation and music may be old, but the action is still fun to watch and the characters and story are engaging and well crafted. Some may like the movie compilations better, and they are pretty good, but I like the TV series.

5. Victory Gundam - Excellent action and a suprisingly interesting plot, despite the recycled elements from previous series. The animation may be a bit simplistic, but the action is, IMHO, some of the best you'll see throughout all of Gundam. The battles are very fluent and creatively planned... and the show has lots of neat action in it. It can be depressing, but the large amounts of death do indeed show just how desperate guerilla warfare can be.

From there, it's...

6. F91
7. 0080
8. 08th MS Team
9. Gundam X
10. G-Gundam
11. 0083
12. Gundam SEED
13. Gundam ZZ
14. Gundam Wing
15. Gundam SEED Destiny

However, I honestly do like really love all of Gundam except for Wing and the last 2/3 of SEED Destiny. Wing... while I liked it at first, I just find that I can't enjoy it as much as I used to knowing what I now know about the rest of Gundam, and the last half of Gundam SEED Destiny was just one disappointing episode after another, after another, after another until I was just plain frustrated with the last 1/4 of the show. I wanted to enjoy Destiny, but it was the opposite of SEED in the sense that I was more and more disappointed the further along the series got.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 22:40   Link #114
eternal

What other series are gundam fan's favourite?

Hi there,i watch almost all kind of genres except for girl-boy romance and my favourite series are always dark (i.e. Noir,Madlax).

Maybe i should say music done by Yuki Kaijura(akatsuki no kuruma!!) is a must-watch anime for me except for tsubasa chronicles(sorry!).Before i watched gundam SEED i was quite reluctant to cause i was never a mecha fan and since i had nothing to watch by that time,a friend of mine lent me gunda series and i watched it.After running 20 episodes i was like,oh man ,this series is awesome!music is great and the story is definitely a must-watch!

Till now i'll still look back at some memorable scene from Gundam series and it's still touching.So here i am asking what other favourite series would you recommend as a Gundam fan?It doesn't necessarily have to be mecha,but something that a person who appreciate gundam's complexity will like ^^

thanks in advance.
eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 04:44   Link #115
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

08th MS Team, War in a Pocket, Gundam X and Turn-A Gundam
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 04:04   Link #116
Gundams

Gundam seed destiny is the best . Erm ..... i dun really like gundam seed at the begaining because of fllay ! but from episode 35 onwards i started to like it .
Gundams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 04:33   Link #117
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
I'd say V Gundam...
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 07:16   Link #118
Zechs Merquies
Lightning Count

Send a message via AIM to Zechs Merquies
GW is my favorite, love the Gundams and Tallgeese, not to mention Zechs.

2. Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
3. Char's CounterAttack
4. Gundam SEED
5. Gundam 0083
6. Z Gundam
7. 08th MS Team
8. G Gundam

have not saw the others yet.
Zechs Merquies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 07:36   Link #119
monster

01. SEED
02. 0080: War in the Pocket
03. MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War
04. G
05. SEED Destiny
06. Wing: Endless Waltz
07. Wing
08. Gundam
09. Zeta
10. X
11. ZZ
12. Turn A
13. Victory
14. Char's Counterattack
15. All the SD series, SEED Astray promos, and Evolve
16. The 08th MS Team
17. 0083: Stardust Memory
18. F91
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 07:39   Link #120
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

You didn't like 08th MS Team and 0083 monstert? Or you just like all that other stuff better? I thought most fans love those OVAs.