AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 93 45.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 17.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-01, 16:38   Link #101
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
You two might wanna see this post

I'm more interested in the playword between Otonashi and Kanade.
Old 2010-05-01, 16:38   Link #102
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Yay it's back to the original OP animation. I lol'd at the replay instances.
All of the chair launches made me laugh until I was almost in tears. The first and third ones were especially funny, and not just because they were the same person. Actually, the third one was funny BECAUSE it was the same person. Absolutely brilliant.

Kanade's size confuses me a bit. As more of a relationship forms between her and Otonashi, it makes me question how old she actually is. She's a lot shorter than all of the other characters. But then as I'm typing this message, she can't be much shorter than the SSS girls. Maybe the girls in this show are just smaller than the guys on average.

Edit: Playword between Otonashi and Kanade?

Last edited by Traece; 2010-05-01 at 16:42. Reason: Lolwut?
Old 2010-05-01, 16:53   Link #103
quzqazqaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
All of the chair launches made me laugh until I was almost in tears. The first and third ones were especially funny, and not just because they were the same person. Actually, the third one was funny BECAUSE it was the same person. Absolutely brilliant.
that part was great,i kept watching that part over and over again
he didn't even see comming the second time and look at his pose will flying up lol
Old 2010-05-01, 17:21   Link #104
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That being said, I can't see Yuri and everyone else in a antagonist role at all.
Sure, what they did was more like some weird bullying. That being said, there was no real "proof" for them to figure if Tenshi was human or not.
Regarding how it went with the novel, it is obvious that Yuri and Hinata had to go through a lot of things against Tenshi, which explains how hardball they are against her (it explains very well how they went as far as concluding she was like an Angel so to speak). Considering how the afterlife is hardly that enjoyable as soon as you realize your place (a bit like Matrix as we already know for a while), it is actually a soft way to go against Tenshi if you ask me.
We'll see what happens next. Yuri now knows for a fact that Tenshi is human. Therefore, if she continues to harass Tenshi after this episode, then she's flat out bullying. I know they had no way of knowing, but it was still sad to see Tenshi like that and it did make me question Yuri. Again, Yuri has her answer, we'll see how she reacts.
Old 2010-05-01, 17:32   Link #105
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I'm a bit appalled that none of the SSS realized that they could have just copied down Kanade's name from the answer sheets that she herself was handing in. At least it gave Otonashi a reason to talk to her.
Old 2010-05-01, 17:34   Link #106
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
I'm a bit appalled that none of the SSS realized that they could have just copied down Kanade's name from the answer sheets that she herself was handing in. At least it gave Otonashi a reason to talk to her.

I suppose they could have done that...

Speaking of which, did anyone else have the exact same expression as the group did when they realized that they didn't know her real name?
Old 2010-05-01, 17:38   Link #107
En3mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roardel View Post
Great episode.
Spoiler for episode 5:
one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui_Nyan View Post
I felt really bad for Tenshi- or rather Kanade. She's alone in that world.
Spoiler for Episode:
It was the first time that i felt kinda sry for the angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
We'll see what happens next. Yuri now knows for a fact that Tenshi is human. Therefore, if she continues to harass Tenshi after this episode, then she's flat out bullying. I know they had no way of knowing, but it was still sad to see Tenshi like that and it did make me question Yuri. Again, Yuri has her answer, we'll see how she reacts.
I wouldn't mind if they ask her to join them ^^ but then who they will fight against....

Also i wouldn't be serpired in the next one if they try to recover her position back. This new guy is rather annoying

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-05-01, 17:49   Link #108
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by En3mick View Post
Also i wouldn't be serpired in the next one if they try to recover her position back. This new guy is rather annoying
I can see them doing the whole "An enemy of an enemy is a friend" type of deal to get tenshi back on the council. They'll realize that with this new asshole as the president, it's beneficial for both Yuri's group and Tenshi if Tenshi is president again. I can see them coexisting that way.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:03   Link #109
Lukix
. . .

Kanade and Hinata, damn, I greatly like you guys! : )
Old 2010-05-01, 18:08   Link #110
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for angel:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-05-01, 18:10   Link #111
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

Edit: Playword between Otonashi and Kanade?
Otonashi was something like "no sound", and her name would meaning "playing music" I believe is what they are talking about.
MAL
Old 2010-05-01, 18:19   Link #112
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Otonashi was something like "no sound", and her name would meaning "playing music" I believe is what they are talking about.
Ah, I remember now.

Yeah, that's definitely a good indicator that Kanade and Otonashi will have some kind of relationship. Having their names be almost opposite in meaning is obviously no coincidence. I have a feeling that it will end up being more of a tie-in for their lives in the real world, rather than their lives in the afterlife.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:22   Link #113
Lukix
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for angel:
Well, to be honest, I doubt about it. Yurippe didn't 'liked' her before Otonashi 'moved' to other side ;d

I like thing, that Hinata have more screentime (kind of allusion to Track Zero?). Or is it just me?
Old 2010-05-01, 18:22   Link #114
Dark Wing

Quote:
Spoiler for angel:
I actually brought this up a couple pages back...I can see it coming a mile away...
Old 2010-05-01, 18:25   Link #115
En3mick

Quote:
Spoiler for angel:
Noticed that too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukix View Post
Well, to be honest, I doubt about it. Yurippe didn't 'liked' her before Otonashi 'moved' to other side ;d

I like thing, that Hinata have more screentime (kind of allusion to Track Zero?). Or is it just me?
Her reaction looked more like jealousy rather than anything alse. Something like having as a rival your worst enemy ^^

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-05-01, 18:36   Link #116
Fandal

Who is god? Yuri's biggest worry right now seems to be she's now back to square one. The new student president is a good thing in a way. In it, Yuri may be able to coax him/her into finding out more about this world in an unwilling sort of way.

The NPC teachers seem to be more angry now.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:38   Link #117
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Well even with the size of the SSS operation tornado seems to get them enough tickets for a few weeks I'd say since the student population is larger than they are.
I wouldn't be so sure about that seeing that Otonashi has to order the spicy meal because it was the ticket he got, meaning he had no other one. Maybe Otonashi simply sucks at catching tickets.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:40   Link #118
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that seeing that Otonashi has to order the spicy meal because it was the ticket he got, meaning he had no other one. Maybe Otonashi simply sucks at catching tickets.
Both possible, or maybe they simply use what they got personally first, and then 'ration' the rest so to speak.
MAL
Old 2010-05-01, 18:43   Link #119
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I can see them doing the whole "An enemy of an enemy is a friend" type of deal to get tenshi back on the council. They'll realize that with this new asshole as the president, it's beneficial for both Yuri's group and Tenshi if Tenshi is president again. I can see them coexisting that way.
Wait, though.
The new president is driven by emotions, so theoretically it would be easy to make him "slave" of the SSS, by finding something he wouldn't want others to find out or by just torturing him to death until he is so scared of the SSS that he stops creating problems to them.
Kanade, on the other side, was extremely cold, so such a tactic wouldn't work (also because of he superpowers... ).

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-05-01, 18:44   Link #120
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
What? Somehow I'd expect Kanade to be taller. And Yuri seriously got revenge on Hinata for last time.

Poor girl, she might not even be evil, and her spicy tofu was ruined. And no it wasn't meant for a weapon. Unless they serve jam; then all bets are off.

Unfortunately, this episode's antics weren't enough to beat the game; as the new game seems to be a pretty big asshole; and is willing to involve NPCs

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread