AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2016-07-02, 20:51   Link #81
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Precisely what I thought of, actually. Though it's certainly a better voice than the Bale growl.
WHEERESSSTTHHHEEETRRRIGGGGGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! !!!! Something something....CITZENNNNNN...

Do you think the ED will be more chill and somber like Muse?
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 20:52   Link #82
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
The only complaint i hear on Yohane so far is that she uses a different voice when she acts chunni. it doesn't sound natural like Ranko from Cinderella Girls, who sounds more like a natural born chunni. If that makes any sense.
I'm sorry but I don't see it as a complaint. Fans had 6 months seeing Yohane's personality through audio dramas, short stories and live events. Also the voice change is intentional to show how silly Yohane's chuuni is.
Old 2016-07-02, 20:54   Link #83
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I hope there is no drooling - -;

Having an all female cast and some baiting is fine, but i hope they don't cross the line.
I doubt any of them will start making out on the spot

Anyway, I was half joking there, though I'm sure those two will get the same level of affection as Rin and Hanayo: just enough to make it cute and give the fans enough material to go nuts

Personally, I don't mind an increase in the affection level, but we'll see how it goes.

Quote:
I feel the same way that you do too, but some people actually love the craziness and hyper attitude of the Sunshine girls. Going by comments from their live skits, they are just starting, it'll get more intense with Mari on board
I'm part of that group, and to be fair, that extra level of crazy could go a long way to differentiate them from Muse, which might also be the intention. Whether it differentiates them in a good or a bad way is up to each person, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotohono View Post
They stopped caring about it being hidden subtext in the game awhile ago , not surprised it's a like this here as a result.

Hmm, but Chika was shown in her high school uniform when she saw the winner thing, unless it just happened to show µ's of all the past winners, and further more Riko's school remained open due to them, I just can't believe she could have never heard of them even if it had been 3 years since then.
I actually considered the possibility of Riko not knowing since long ago, thinking how it would be hilarious, and if you watch that scene again, its clearly meant to be funny. So really, it's probably just a way to tell us this girl, despite her elegance and class, is also that sheltered and clueless.

Even if the only way it makes sense is if Arisa, Yukiho and Honoka's three buddies all fell into a coma right after the end of the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Chika and Riko's scene on the beach was the best one in this episode to me because it was more relaxed and really established Chika's character.
It was a really good scene, but I also found touching when You officially joined the group, because of how simple it was, without Chika having to convince her through sheer genkiness, just straightforward resolve, and it was also cool she got that from Muse's songs. You has already proven to be a great friend, so now it's only a matter of seeing if she can put all that energy of hers to good use, and if she does, she'll be a great character.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 20:55   Link #84
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
Also the voice change is intentional to show how silly Yohane's chuuni is.

*shakes fist in the air*

Yohane is going to be MEME gold
Old 2016-07-02, 21:04   Link #85
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
One other thing I liked about Yohane is that in Chuuni mode she actually makes me think of a female Lelouch Lamperouge. If she can continue to capture the fun aspect of his character, then she'll be a very fun and memorable character herself.
Old 2016-07-02, 21:10   Link #86
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Quote:
One other thing I liked about Yohane is that in Chuuni mode she actually makes me think of a female Lelouch Lamperouge.
I don't see much Lelouch, no sadistic undertone at all, especially with that weird face expression. Can't we just say she is the one and only 'Yohane'.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 21:13   Link #87
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I don't see much Lelouch, no sadistic undertone at all, especially with that weird face expression.
That facial expression you quoted makes me think of Lelouch scrunching up his face in a mix of anger, disgust, and surprise.

Anyway, it's not a big deal.
Old 2016-07-02, 21:16   Link #88
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I forgot to bring this up on my post, but Aqours is so lucky they never have to go through an "ugly stage" when it comes to CG compared to Muses humble beginnings.

The dance sequence and character models during the insert ending was vastly improved from Ep1 of the first season. Sunrise improved a lot since then.
Old 2016-07-02, 21:19   Link #89
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Great start Chika is really fired up there dont know why she chased after those papers

Well Yohane sure is something
Old 2016-07-02, 21:22   Link #90
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I forgot to bring this up on my post, but Aqours is so lucky they never have to go through an "ugly stage" when it comes to CG compared to Muses humble beginnings.

The dance sequence and models during the insert ending was vastly improved from Ep1 of the first season. Now they're getting dat Muse budget.
No doubt about that and even their live choreography has improved too. They did very good job scouting out people who are already polished for the live. You could almost say Muse was only scouted for their VA skills.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 21:22   Link #91
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
That facial expression you quoted makes me think of Lelouch scrunching up his face in a mix of anger, disgust, and surprise.

Anyway, it's not a big deal.
I see what you're saying and I'm secretly hoping for that, but the comparisons will only happen when she gets a chunni sequence where one of her eyes starts to glow.After that, I'm all in.

Spoiler for slightly off topic:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-07-02 at 21:35.
Old 2016-07-02, 21:24   Link #92
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Finished watching Episode 1 yesterday and I have to say that the new staff made a good job on this! It feels so different compared to the old one where Honoka Kousaka makes a idol group to save their school from closure due to lack of students at that time.

In any case, let's wait and see on the next episode! Also, it's kinda funny that Yohane looked like a dork when she speaks in her fallen angel persona!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 22:26   Link #93
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Yoshiko's introduction

Nailed it
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 00:03   Link #94
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Aside from the serious pacing issues, I actually enjoyed the first episode. It's too early, but I already set my eyes on Riko as being my favorite idol.

So from the episode, why is your favorite idol so far?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 00:19   Link #95
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I actually liked that the girls in Sunshine can be incredibly expressive and dramatic to the point of being over-the-top, especially Chika and Yoshiko Yohane, since it adds much needed emphasis to separate them from the girls of u's, and it shows as Chika is hardly a clone of Honoka despite being from the same mold of being "the genki girl".

It helps that the wind seems to know when to be dramatic alongside the girls in this one, like in the case of Dia.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 00:38   Link #96
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I actually liked that the girls in Sunshine can be incredibly expressive and dramatic to the point of being over-the-top, especially Chika and Yoshiko Yohane, since it adds much needed emphasis to separate them from the girls of u's, and it shows as Chika is hardly a clone of Honoka despite being from the same mold of being "the genki girl".
Honoka is probably the most emotionally expressive anime character I've ever seen. Chika might have some notable differences from Honoka, but "Chika is more emotionally expressive and dramatic" is not one of them, in my view.

Now, are the Sunshine girls as a whole more hammy/dramatic than the u's girls as a whole? Yes, that I'd agree with. So far anyway.
Old 2016-07-03, 00:58   Link #97
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Honoka is probably the most emotionally expressive anime character I've ever seen. Chika might have some notable differences from Honoka, but "Chika is more emotionally expressive and dramatic" is not one of them, in my view.
That's a point in Chika's favor, as well as the Sunshine anime so far. I appreciated to some extent Honoka's energy and vigor that pushed the plot forward, but her clumsiness and general idiocy was overplayed to the point of overshadowing the other girls' screentime and sometimes making me want to question her competence as leader. Honoka was probably the butt of 50% of the jokes (wild estimate), and in a show that's supposed to balance 9 major characters that's already too much.

Chika so far is also portrayed as dumb in some ways, but not only is her silliness much less overplayed than Honoka's (at least in this first episode), the show takes care to show that the other girls are around her level of expressiveness and wackiness, which makes the cast feel much more balanced. I also liked the detail of showing Chika misspelling "club (部)" on the sign (and You correcting it off screen), it was a good example of show-don't-tell humor.

I'm liking Chika so far. The similarities with Honoka are definitely there, but she does feel distinct enough from her predecessor so I think she could be a good leader that's not too much of a copycat. Plus, there's that *significant* distinction she has from Honoka in regards to bust size.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 01:10   Link #98
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
That's a point in Chika's favor, as well as the Sunshine anime so far. I appreciated to some extent Honoka's energy and vigor that pushed the plot forward, but her clumsiness and general idiocy
Honoka wasn't particularly clumsy, and she wasn't idiotic in the least.

And honestly, the way Chika handled trying to start a school idol club struck me as more idiotic than how Honoka went about it.

Quote:
was overplayed to the point of overshadowing the other girls' screentime and sometimes making me want to question her competence as leader.
Honoka was an excellent leader. I don't see any good reason to question her competence. Her decisions were usually right, typically meeting with good results.

Quote:
Honoka was probably the butt of 50% of the jokes (wild estimate), and in a show that's supposed to balance 9 major characters that's already too much.
Honestly, this is one of the most disappointing comments I've ever read from you. It's pure nonsense, it really is. Nico and/or Maki were the butt of plenty of jokes. Between the two of them, they were the butt of the joke more than Honoka alone was. And that's before we even get into the remaining 6 members of u's.

Quote:
Chika so far is also portrayed as dumb in some ways, but not only is her silliness much less overplayed than Honoka's (at least in this first episode),
There's plenty of silliness I saw from Chika in this episode.

Quote:
the show takes care to show that the other girls are around her level of expressiveness and wackiness, which makes the cast feel much more balanced.
So you think balance is achieved by having all the characters be alike? I disagree with that. Balance is achieved through difference and variety.

Look, it's perfectly fine if you just like having loads and loads of expressiveness and wackiness. That's a perfectly legitimate taste preference. But saying it represents "balance" is simply silly, in my view.
Old 2016-07-03, 01:38   Link #99
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'll try to address the rest in a VM to prevent going too off-topic.

Quote:
And honestly, the way Chika handled trying to start a school idol club struck me as more idiotic than how Honoka went about it.
Probably so.

Quote:
There's plenty of silliness I saw from Chika in this episode.
Yes, and it didn't bother me as much as Honoka's silliness for some reason. I'm bad at explaining my views but I'll try to do so in the aforementioned VM.

Quote:
So you think balance is achieved by having all the characters be alike? I disagree with that. Balance is achieved through difference and variety.

Look, it's perfectly fine if you just like having loads and loads of expressiveness and wackiness. That's a perfectly legitimate taste preference. But saying it represents "balance" is simply silly, in my view.
The fact that more of the characters are silly in some way does not make them alike. They are silly in their own unique ways. Chika tends to make a lot of bad jokes. Yoshiko is generally delusional and grandiose in a hiliarious way. Mari is just really damn crazy and eccentric. Riko had THAT moment in this episode where she tried to go for a swim in the early spring. And yes, μ's got this kind of "silliness equilibrium" too eventually but it didn't come quite as early as this. I'm glad they're trying to make the cast appealing and fun early on this time.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 01:49   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The fact that more of the characters are silly in some way does not make them alike.
It does make them more alike. Greater similarity = More alike.

Quote:
They are silly in their own unique ways.
But they still share silliness as a common similarity.

Quote:
Chika tends to make a lot of bad jokes.
That's actually not what I found silly about Chika. Though I suppose I might have missed some jokes?

Quote:
Yoshiko is generally delusional and grandiose in a hiliarious way. Mari is just really damn crazy and eccentric.
Mari was barely even in this episode! Going by the anime alone, there's not much to be said about Mari.

Quote:
Riko had THAT moment in this episode where she tried to go for a swim in the early spring. And yes, μ's got this kind of "silliness equilibrium" too eventually but it didn't come quite as early as this. I'm glad they're trying to make the cast appealing and fun early on this time.
I found μ's very appealing and fun early on. And I certainly think that Sunrise was trying to make μ's very appealing and fun early on.

Honestly, I have a slight preference for how μ's was handled early on compared to what we have here with Sunshine, but Sunshine's first episode was a good episode nonetheless. Similar to what Akuma wrote, I felt that the μ's characters were introduced in a more naturalistic or organic way (less "frontloaded"), and that's one thing I really liked about the first few episodes of the original Love Live.

Tags
idol