AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-18, 16:03   Link #2521
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Megido went down pretty badly in terms of reviews, I'm not surprised it's not on there.
Also, the Japanese regarded Supreme Candy as garbage, so there's no way it's going to end up on a top ranking list.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 19:55   Link #2522
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Also, the Japanese regarded Supreme Candy as garbage, so there's no way it's going to end up on a top ranking list.
I would rage, but Japan's across an ocean from here. I'll just hire Godzilla to do that for me.
Old 2009-01-18, 21:05   Link #2523
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Wouldn't put too much faith in top list rankings or whatever.

Come on. These guys voted Haruna as the best character from Fortune Arterial! Just one of the many examples of bad taste that Japanese erogamers have.

Besides, if you like it, then you like it. Simple enough for me.
Old 2009-01-18, 22:08   Link #2524
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Wouldn't put too much faith in top list rankings or whatever.

Come on. These guys voted Haruna as the best character from Fortune Arterial! Just one of the many examples of bad taste that Japanese erogamers have.

Besides, if you like it, then you like it. Simple enough for me.
I agree with you. Kiriha should have won that contest!!

As for that list... Fortune Arterial is 10th!? That's heresy!! If it wasn't for KEY's LB! EX, FA should have been the best eroge in this year, that I read at least. Also, Tayutama isn't there either while Akatsuki No Goei is in the 23th. That proves how much bad taste they have.
Old 2009-01-18, 22:22   Link #2525
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Well, I think it's a pretty nice-looking list. Each to his own... not really fair to make assertions of bad taste just because it doesn't match with what you like, eh?
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 22:32   Link #2526
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Well, I think it's a pretty nice-looking list. Each to his own... not really fair to make assertions of bad taste just because it doesn't match with what you like, eh?
That true but, I just can't help but to be surprised at that list... G-senjou was great but, I didn't find as good as Fortune Arterial... Ah well, I guess it comes down to how different people's taste are, after all.
Old 2009-01-19, 03:37   Link #2527
uis

lol... even i shock Akatsuki no Goei is 23 even i like very much more than Sumaga...
and i not fan of Fortune Arterial... *people taste is different*

Anyway i didnt object the list... Anyway they still have good taste about eroge...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 03:57   Link #2528
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hey, if you like it then you like it, no need for a list to give you affirmation.

What I meant to imply was that rankings aren't necessarily the basis as to what is good or not. As an example, just like Haruna was voted as the most popular character in FA, even though other characters have much better backstories and possible openings for afterstories. But meh.

In other eroge related matters, Ikusa Megami 0 is completely awesome. Freaking sweet. I regret not having played it earlier...as well as other Eushully titles.
Old 2009-01-19, 14:25   Link #2529
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
What I meant to imply was that rankings aren't necessarily the basis as to what is good or not. As an example, just like Haruna was voted as the most popular character in FA, even though other characters have much better backstories and possible openings for afterstories. But meh.
Hey! >_> Actually, Haruna's my favourite character in Fortune Arterial despite the fact that I recognize that all the rest of what you said is pretty much true. There's no accounting for taste!

But yeah, if you really wanted to get a sense of overall popularity, you'd have to consider many other factors. Like any forum, 2ch has its own sort of personlity; it's good as a reference point, but it doesn't necessarily correlate to sales, or mass-market popularity, or whatever. The proverbial grain of salt.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 20:27   Link #2530
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

2008 eroge sales ranking

Well, 2ch result might be biased on its own. But if you look at the sales ranking by the getchu or other similar sites, you will see hard cold data.

Data taken from: http://www.getchu.com/pc/salesranking2008.html

But it might give us another big question marks of how DC series is really undefeatable and japanese likes their history lesson to be creatively adapted
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 20:39   Link #2531
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresnik View Post
Well, 2ch result might be biased on its own. But if you look at the sales ranking by the getchu or other similar sites, you will see hard cold data.

Data taken from: http://www.getchu.com/pc/salesranking2008.html

But it might give us another big question marks of how DC series is really undefeatable and japanese likes their history lesson to be creatively adapted
For me from getchu list is ppl like to buy sequel/extra/special for collection like me...
That explain high ranking for To Heart, Little Busters, Koihime Musou and Da Capo II...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 05:33   Link #2532
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yeah, store rankings themselves are somewhat tilted by, well, the people who tend to shop there. You kind of have to compare a couple to get an idea of the overall picture.
Old 2009-01-21, 01:48   Link #2533
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
For me from getchu list is ppl like to buy sequel/extra/special for collection like me...
That explain high ranking for To Heart, Little Busters, Koihime Musou and Da Capo II...
Yeah. There are just certain games that have that mass-market appeal and tend to get wide support and sales almost automatically. That's not really all that different from any other form of entertainment, though -- popular brands and established franchises will always tend to sell in larger quantities. There can always be "breakout success stories" and those "slow climbs to fame", but with so many to choose from, people who are actually voting with Yen (as opposed to voting with cheap, unlimited bandwidth) will tend to go for the safer bets. That's especially true since a lot of people will be trying for the firstpress bonuses and extras, so you can't wait for the game to come out if you want to get those. I know that, for me personally, the types of games I purchase and play tend to be those sorts of safer bets, which means I'm sure I'm missing out on some games I'd love, but I can't buy everything and don't have the time to try all the trials. Best I can do is follow the big magazines for titles that look interesting and worth pre-ordering.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 12:38   Link #2534
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

OP movie for the game from the new Littlewitch brand. It's animated.
Old 2009-01-30, 02:52   Link #2535
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

For all you Navel fans, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai full version is out today.
[and anyone who completes the game, can tell me the plot?]
Old 2009-01-30, 10:51   Link #2536
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
For all you Navel fans, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai full version is out today.
[and anyone who completes the game, can tell me the plot?]
Yeah, right. Surprisingly, but they're sticking to the schedule.
I'll have to take a look at the game. Though, I still have Really?Really! to play (very hard japanese there, I need to check every second word in the dictionary).
Last year I got the ~Prelude~ and translated about 20 pages of text from the beginning. Didn't have time to advance further, unfortunately.
But the way, don't forget there's a corresponding thread here at animesuki -

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27854

I stopped there quite a while ago but the thread is pretty much dead now.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 13:40   Link #2537
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
I wanted to be interested in Oretsuba, I really did. Love Nishimata's art, addicted to the opening song, and the writer seems to be pretty well loved. Unfortunately the dodgy support characters (the rappers and the goth gang) make an atmosphere one I really don't like, so... ah well. Maybe next time.

Still, amazing they actually released it. Looking at estimates in that thread for the release of December 2006 and such... Muvluv Alternative Take 2.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 14:34   Link #2538
Delusion007

Well I can't speak or read japanese, so I can only read the translated ones. Still I have a decent amount played for such limitations. I have finished all of the following:

Fate/Stay Night
Snow Sakura
Bazooka Cafe
Utawarerumono
Crescendo
Lightning Warrior Raidy
YUME MIRU KUSURI - A drug that makes you dream
ONE- To the radiant season
WIND- a breath of heart
Brass restoration
Tsukihime
Little My Maid
Hitomi- My stepsister
Kana - Little sister
Princess Waltz
Brave Soul
Heart de Roommate
Snow drop
Figures of Happiness
Private Nurse

And in order of favoritism, here are my top ten:

1) Fate/Stay Night - One of the most complex and interconnected plotlines I've read
2) Yume Miru Kusuri - each character has an amazingly detailed history and conflict
3) Utawarerumono - The storyline succesfully makes for a fun and intriguing plot
4) Tsukihime - Each character has a part to play even if it is not their path
5) Snow Sakura - the most laid-back game that has amazing artwork
6) Figures of Happiness - The main conflict remains the main conflict, unlike others
7) Private Nurse - Touching and very romantic story, great artwork
8) Kana Little sister - Made me cry, but still had good storyline
9) Princess Waltz - Fun and sometimes funny story, interesting gameplay
10) Heart de Roommate - Goofy and still interesting, with good artwork

btw, anyone know any websites or books I can use to teach myself Japanese? just the reading is fine
Delusion007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 10:52   Link #2539
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Though, I still have Really?Really! to play (very hard japanese there, I need to check every second word in the dictionary).
hell yeah, with all those scrambled horrors flying around it's frustrating.

as far as the ~Prelude~ goes the intro/prologue of the navel girls were enough to make me fell sleep

now that Navel released Oretsubasa i can focus more now on expecting Like a Butler from AXL.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 11:33   Link #2540
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
i can focus more now on expecting Like a Butler from AXL.
Good ol Japan and their eternal fascination with butlers or master-servant relationships.

Can someone explain what Oretsubasa's about? I noticed that the PV has 3 or 4 disctinct parts. Are the stories connected directly, or or they just connected by the theme?

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel