Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-04-20, 02:19   Link #501
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
wow..now where do i stand? with KiNa or Mr. Hawq? haha i've been an italy fan since world cup `94 as well..
man..i live in the same time zone as you KiNa, but i was too tired..i didn't hear my alarm go off :cry: so the only action i got was from eurosportnews.. yeah well..at least we won!!!
can't rest on our laurels just yet though, next week is the decider hope we make it..
i'm still concerned about the ongoings inside arsenal football club.
henry, pires, cole even campbell have uncertain futures.. i hope things will turn out well..
that henry interview scared me a bit though, yeah we can see his commitment on the field, i hope that's an indication that he's staying. OR..that he's leaving and he just doesn't want to say it yet :S..
anyway,
enough of that, tottenham for the weekend, we need to beat them to catch up with them..which i hope we do
How interesting could 1 match be ? That WC'94 final was the one that made me an italian team hater .. LOL at the penalty shootout was with my father during that match, he was a die hard Italy's fan and I sort of fall in love with Brazilian samba.. The rest are history

Despite the predictable match tactic employed by AW, which I thoroughly against (the tactic decision), It seems that he do get the result :/ I never get to like 4-1-4-1 formation and to see that being employed is just why oh why he didnt played Robin vp and Iceman earlier in the 2nd half is just >.<

All in all, next week 2 important matches (both we cant afford to lose) I think I need to get my bio clock changed I can afford late nites now till end of June

For world tournament that doesnt include Brazil, I go for whatever closest to flair football, and that team must also have NO ManU player Yup that rule out Holland and Portugal and of course England I believe in a silly superstition that no national team that carries ManU player ever played in the world tournament final (which is correct after EURO '92). That superstition made me cry when Djemba Djemba joined ManU >.< And see what happened to France with Barthez in goal for ManU?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2006-04-20 at 02:33.
KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 02:40   Link #502
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
How interesting could 1 match be ? That WC'94 final was the one that made me an italian team hater .. LOL at the penalty shootout was with my father during that match, he was a die hard Italy's fan and I sort of fall in love with Brazilian samba.. The rest are history
I felt really sorry for Italy in that match mainly because of Baggio - he was my favorite player of the tournament. Baggio missing the penalty was the biggest shock for me after Leonardo's suspension (my second favorite player - currently I don't remember why he was so).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 07:10   Link #503
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

The Italian's always lost in shootouts. 1990 world cup, they lost in a shootout against Argintina, in the semi final.,<----- I saw it recorded.

1994 Baggio he missed, and the world cup was taken, by Brasil, who I don't like at all.<---- recorded I saw since I was so young back then.

1998 Italy lost against France in a shootout.

They only beat Holland in Eurocup I forgot what was the year, but it was the time when France won the eurocup. 2000 I am guessing.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 07:48   Link #504
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

So let me sum up things from 1990, since when I follow soccer closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
The Italian's always lost in shootouts. 1990 world cup, they lost in a shootout against Argintina, in the semi final.,<----- I saw it recorded.
1990 (Trainer: Azeglio Vicini)
Probably the worst Argentina that a World Cup could remind. Maradona gaining the ticket for the final in Naples, his kingdom. The whole country was like killed that evening.
The recording show a tv attendance of 27,500,000 viewers with an 82,3% or sort of. That's if I'm not mistaking the highest result for a tv program (of every sort) in the story of my country.
As for the match, Argentina was simply damn lucky, they had won thrugh shootout also in quarter with Jugoslavia. That goalkeeper, Goitoetchea, won't be forgiven easily.

1992: there was a restricted edition of EuroChampionship (a few teams, 8 I believe) and Italy did not even qualify. Denmark organized the tournament and gained. it.

Quote:
1994 Baggio he missed, and the world cup was taken, by Brasil, who I don't like at all.<---- recorded I saw since I was so young back then.
(Trainer: Arrigo Sacchi)
In that World Cup Italy simply deserved to go out at first phase, when faced to Mexico, Ireland and Norway. Then with Nigeria at 1/8 a last minute goal of Roberto Baggio saved (not deservingly) the ship. In the extra time an insane referee (Brizio Carter - Mexico), who had the guts to give the cheapest red card history remembers to Gianfranco Zola who did not even commit foul adversus his opponent, gave us the penalty of the win. Then we played quite well with Spain (2-1) , Bulgaria (2-1), and with Brazil was a mess. The less spectacular Brazil of ever found a way to get through the World Cup anyway. Tears again.

1996 (Trainer: Arrigo Sacchi)

Sucking Euro Championship: Italy out at first turn. After losing with Czech Republic (1-2, that was when Nedved got to be known by italians and in facts then came to play in Italy), a 2-1 victory with Russia and then a 0-0 with Germany when knowing that just a win could lead ahead. (Germany was already into next phase instead). Zola shamely missed the penalty of the win around 20' first half.
Heavy criticisms.

Quote:
1998 Italy lost against France in a shootout.
Again, not a nice to watch Italy, even though they arrived at 1/4 quite cleanly (Cesare Maldini beng the coach). France probably found in Italy their greatest obstacle to World Cup's Road (France-Croatia 2-1 in semifinals, with 2 goals of Thuram. Then 3-0 with Brazil in final in Paris).

Quote:
They only beat Holland in Eurocup I forgot what was the year, but it was the time when France won the eurocup. 2000 I am guessing.
(Trainer: Dino Zoff)
A painful semifinal with Holland. Yes, won 3-1 at shootout.
Holland missed 2 (two!) penalties during the match, one in the first one in the second half. Italy had a red card at 40. first time (Zambrotta, silly double yellow card).
The referee was the german Markus Merk, which i judge the best in the world as for now. But in that game he too clearly shown the attitude to bring Holland at the end of the road.
I remember to all that that spectacular Holland of Euro 2000 was trained by Frank Rijkaard, meaning the current Barcelona trainer.

In final, call it a robbery. France got the goal of 1-1 at the last of the 4 added minutes (too much since nothing meaningful had happened). Totally underservingly. Italy played a great and full of pride final, France was stronger, but italians put in a cage (Zidane especially). As much it was stolen the ticket for the final, as much as the EuroCup went in the wrong hands. There must be a God checking these things out, up there.

2002 A scary World Championship. Italy just sucked badly and even though Korea passed with the well known referees' helps (Byron Moreno, the referee of Korea-Italy 2-1 , 1/8 finals, was like "most wanted" from that day. I'd recommend him not to put a foot in Italy, or at least not before having disguised conveniently ^^).

2004 Again, all wrong. Out at first phase with all in all weak opponents such as Sweden, Bulgaria and Denmark.

In 2002 and 2004 the trainer was Giovanni Trapattoni, this year trainer will be Marcello Lippi, who had won a lot of italian tournaments with Juventus, but who failed when called to train Inter.
Old 2006-04-21, 14:45   Link #505
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Here's praying Chelsea get their come uppance at tomorrow night's FA Cup game against Liverpool at Old Trafford (funny playing in the enemy's stadium, so so are they). They may have the upper hand against the Reds in the league, but when it comes to cup games, Liverpool can easily match them. We'll make Academy Award Nominee Arjen Robben pay for his theatrics. I'd be so damn gutted if Chelsea win the double.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 12:36   Link #506
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Here's praying Chelsea get their come uppance at tomorrow night's FA Cup game against Liverpool at Old Trafford (funny playing in the enemy's stadium, so so are they). They may have the upper hand against the Reds in the league, but when it comes to cup games, Liverpool can easily match them. We'll make Academy Award Nominee Arjen Robben pay for his theatrics. I'd be so damn gutted if Chelsea win the double.
Looks like you've got this one lol.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 15:48   Link #507
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Yip and I reckon we got a good chance in the final too. West Ham and Middlesborough should be beatable, but then again Watford
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 22:26   Link #508
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*Jumps with joy*

Looks like the spoils this season are evenly distributed ..

*here's hoping that Gunners win CL*

!@#!@#@!#%$$6$#@#$$6 at the drawing result with !@#@SPURS!#@$^#%

j/k

EDIT :
Quote:
Originally Posted by the special one (to BBC Sport)
"But we showed in the last half hour why we are champions and will be champions again and why in the Premiership in two seasons we have 45 more points than Liverpool."
How typical of him
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-23, 01:12   Link #509
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourinho
"But we showed in the last half hour why we are champions and will be champions again and why in the Premiership in two seasons we have 45 more points than Liverpool."
As you say typical of him. Still doesn't change the fact that he lost. He's getting worse than SAF for whining. At least SAF knows when to give up and say "hey we lost", then shake his fist in a 'I'll get you next time!' way.
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 03:41   Link #510
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

What do you expect from the "special one"? I'd actually be shocked if he had said "wow, we lost, congratulations to Liverpool, who completely owned us for three quarters of the match".

He's rode out his luck for most of the season when it came to refereeing decisions (with the all the unseen handballs, and Michael Essien's horrid tackle, as well as Arjen Robben's Oscar-winning performance), so it's about time he gets on the receiving end on "poor decisions", so serves him bloody right.
Old 2006-04-25, 15:41   Link #511
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
OMG... THEY DID IT.. They actually did it.... ARSENAL ARE GOING TO THE FINALS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

0-0 (Arsenal win on Aggregate 1-0)

Congrats to them, here's to hoping Arsenal meeting Bareclona in the finals, but this game was insane.. Lehman was truly amazing in this game... They are going to win it.
________
Jeep Cherokee (Sj) History

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:16.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 15:47   Link #512
real folk blues..

it is 4.42am..and i don't care
ARSENAL ARE IN THE FINALS!!!
paris here we come..
what a nerve wrecking game that was..we did not have a shot in the entire game =S..how crazy is that?
riquelme missing the penalty, then i really knew that lady luck was on our side. thank you for answering my prayers
we have to play better in the finals.. but right now
YEESSSS!!!
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 22:05   Link #513
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Banzai for Lehmann!!!!

Banzai!!!!!!!

*I lost my voice screaming in the morning already*

CONGRATULATION ARSENAL !!! ^_^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-25, 22:09   Link #514
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Arsenal in the finals? pfft...predictable.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 22:12   Link #515
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Cheh!!! How is it predictable? We never even reached Semis before?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-25, 23:04   Link #516
monir
cho~ kakkoii

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:16   Link #517
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

LOL.. a picture said a 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 words ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-26, 00:04   Link #518
real folk blues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
i don't get it
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 11:57   Link #519
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Amazing last minute save by Lehmann.

So many similarities with Liverpool last season:

Starting with the first knockout round
2005: AC Milan (eventual finalist) beat Man Utd (Premiership team)
2006: Barcelona (eventual finalist?) beat Chel$ki (Premiership team)

QF
2005: Liverpool (eventual champions) bt Juventus
2006: Arsenal bt Juventus
(Statistics also show that any English team that beats Juve goes on to win, another recent example is Man U in 1999, when they beat Juve in the semis)

SF
2005: Liverpool bt Chel$ki 1-0 on aggregate
2006: Arsenal bt Villarreal 1-0 on aggregate

Final
2005: Liverpool the underdogs
2006: Arsenal the underdogs, whether it's AC Milan or Barca in the final

Other similarities:
2005: Liverpool having to fight for last Champions League spot in Premiership with local rivals Everton and lost
2006: Arsenal having to fight for last Champions League spot in Premiership with local rivals Tottenham (and lost?)

Key player leaving, thinking they have better chances of winning Champions League if they do:
2005: Liverpool - Michael Owen
2006: Arsenal - Patrick Viera

Remaining key player thinking of leaving, depending on performance on this competition:
2005: Liverpool - Steven Gerard
2006: Arsenal - Thierry Henry

So while it's completely logical for Barca to win, and they really do deserve it, it's not weird to actually believe Arsenal might yet win this. So good luck to Arsenal. Funny seeing Dennis Bergkamp playing in a European final, since he only needs to take the Eurostar train over to Paris.

This should be an interesting final.
Old 2006-04-26, 15:45   Link #520
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

And so it happens.. Arsenal shall face Barcelona on my birthday .. Hopefully I can get a birthday present in the form of CL throphy =3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
football, soccer