AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-17, 13:09   Link #1
roddylaves

Thumbs up Shinobi: check...Any more Movies?

So after hearing about this movie in the Naruto forum, I downloaded and watched it this weekend. It won't win an Oscar-sama anytime soon, but I definitely enjoyed the film. Does anyone have any other japanese films that are accessible and worth watching?

Thx,

Roddy
Old 2006-04-18, 20:40   Link #2
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddylaves
So after hearing about this movie in the Naruto forum, I downloaded and watched it this weekend. It won't win an Oscar-sama anytime soon, but I definitely enjoyed the film. Does anyone have any other japanese films that are accessible and worth watching?

Thx,

Roddy
Try Azumi - it also has lot of fighting, set in ancient time.
seven samurai - by Akira Kurozawa. Its a japanese classic (1954). Maybe its a b/w film. It got nomination from Oscar

Nana - starring Mika Nakashima and Aoi Miyazaki. Its based from manga but not set in ancient time. Its available in animesuki.
Old 2006-04-18, 21:48   Link #3
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

The best I have seen so far, is.... crying out love in the center of the world.<------ must watch.

Another one with probably in my opinion with the most beautifull actress is between calm and passion, with the one and only Kelly chen. I mean just look at her face and you will fall in love with her. This was the only Japanese movie she made, she is more of the Hong Kong movie star.

If you really do fall in love with her then I suggest the following movies:

Lavender
Lost and found
Infernal affairs
Infernal affairs three.

I hope the 2 japanese movies help, although they are nothing like Shinobi, or Basilisk, but very powerfull romantic drama's.

Also Infernall affairs, has it's fame for the very origional storyline, and is later about to be remade by Hollywood, which dissapoints me on how low Hollywood is getting now and these days. Also don't think it has anything to do with cheating on your wife, or husband type of affair, it is a drama/thriller/cops/gangster/Kelly chen/awsome.

You can find your info on these movies at www.imdb.com

or just check out my sexy music video below my signature for infernal affairs.
Old 2006-04-19, 19:21   Link #4
roddylaves

Thanks! These movies sound interesting. I'm definitely not stuck to one genre, so I'll see where I can locate these and go from there!
Old 2006-04-20, 04:47   Link #5
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Well, the 2 most controversial Japanese movies are not to be missed! Presenting.. Battle Royale and Suicide Club!

Overrated or genius-in-disguise, you decide.
Old 2006-04-20, 05:24   Link #6
miaka

Note: Battle Royale is very bloody and brutal coz its about survival game.

Its good that your open to different genre heres more ...
moon child- if you like gackt and hyde, watch this one. Its vampire, mafia action.
kagen no Tsuki ( Last Quarter) based from manga also with the same creator of Nana. - Hyde is also in here.
Water Boys- comedy, its about male syncronized swimming
Old 2006-04-20, 15:21   Link #7
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
Well, the 2 most controversial Japanese movies are not to be missed! Presenting.. Battle Royale and Suicide Club!

Overrated or genius-in-disguise, you decide.
Including Audition, and visitors Q- I swear Japanese people really do have sick minds.

Just read on how the hell they made these movies, for example they actually used real Vomit in audition to feed, also in Ichi the killer, I believe they used actual sperm in a scene, as I read somewhere.
Old 2006-04-20, 21:19   Link #8
*Pyoro*

infernal affairs I, II, and III are the BEST ASIAN MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN. no joke.
Old 2006-04-20, 22:21   Link #9
roddylaves

So I'm having a little trouble finding these online...any suggestions? PM me...
Old 2006-04-20, 22:25   Link #10
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I' m not really giving a direct link to the movies, but a hint hint, can be get the program emule. It is a p2p program, the only thing is that downloads can be extremely slow for first timers, but if you have patience it can be better. The more things you download, the better it will get.
Old 2006-04-21, 01:27   Link #11
Seras

does infernal affairs have subtitles?
Old 2006-04-21, 04:06   Link #12
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Young and Dangerous .. a bit old (90s), but definitely lots of action .. It deals with gangs in HK. Originally from a HK comic. There 6 installment of them.. gotta watch them all ^^
I mostly stick to HK movie so meh >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-23, 01:38   Link #13
roddylaves

just watched Moon Child....goood show! Interesting themes, definitely enjoyed it. Thanks for the continuing suggestions!
Old 2006-04-26, 14:55   Link #14
Seras

just seen infernal affairs 1. pretty good movie, thanks for the recomendations. now just looking for a way to download the young and dangerous series and the rest of infernal affairs. any help appreciated, thanks
Old 2006-04-26, 21:35   Link #15
Juan Valdez

I second Suicide Club, Battle Royale, and Visitor Q.

I also nominate Happiness of the Katakuris. It's a comedy horror musical. Very silly, but lots of fun.

If you liked Ringu try One Missed Call. Similar premise, but with cell phones. Better than Ringu IMHO, even if it is sort of a clone.

The Miike fun continues with Gozu. A Yakuza goes to Nagoya and finds something very wrong with the town. Kind of a nightmare reality sort of horror movie. More creepy than scary.

I also recommend 2LDK. Two roommates who's hate for each other reaches a breaking point.
Old 2006-04-26, 22:03   Link #16
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Yep definitely Infernal Affairs is one of the best films I've ever seen.

I liked Oldboy also.
Old 2006-04-26, 22:18   Link #17
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seras
just seen infernal affairs 1. pretty good movie, thanks for the recomendations. now just looking for a way to download the young and dangerous series and the rest of infernal affairs. any help appreciated, thanks

look at the one of the comments I have posted above.

Also another good gangster movie you can watch is Friend(Korean), this is one of the top grossing films in Korean movie history, and also has excellent reviews, and I enjoyed it alot.

Think of it like gungrave, but without the revenge, and supernatural creatures, but really good freinds going their separte paths, and end up in the mafia.
Old 2006-04-27, 08:52   Link #18
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

No one mentions Casshern? I thought it's pretty popular.. (i would like comments, i might want to watch it lol)

Kamikaze Girls, based on the manga of the same title; have been hearing a lot about it. Yet to watch it either.

Koi no Mon (Otakus In Love) <-- lol this is a cosplay parody. Weird and funny.
Old 2006-04-27, 15:49   Link #19
Juan Valdez

Oh, and one more. Check out Three Extremes. Three short films from three different directors from three different countries with three very distinct styles.

Here we find Takashi Miike (Japan. Director of Auditon, Ichi The Killer, et al.) with Box, Park Chan-wook (Korea. Director of Oldboy) with Cut, and Fruit Chan (Hong Kong) with Dumplings.

The US DVD release also includes a feature length version of Dumplings. Any fan of Asian horror should check this one out.
Old 2006-06-05, 23:43   Link #20
Strawberry Panic!

Send a message via MSN to Strawberry Panic!
Quote:
nixie-Kamikaze Girls, based on the manga of the same title; have been hearing a lot about it. Yet to watch it either.
It's a good movie, I've seen it so many times it's a funny movie, and the manga is based of the movie. The movie came out before the manga.
Closed Thread