AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-04-11, 13:13   Link #741
zaeraal

(Sorry for Double Post)
Finally got to play the Puzzdex game, it's some kind of simple Matching Tile Game.
Except that you can not only swap adjacent gems, but every single gem, even not making a set of 3.
As you make successive sets of 3+ gems, your characters attack enemies.

You can download it for FREE from Google Play Store, or (if you are not in Japan) here.
You need an active Internet connection and last version to play.

It takes forever to load menus at first, because it DOWNLOADS everything from jap. servers.
The game from the store is only the "base", it does not contains the data files.
On first play it downloaded about 60MB of data.
With every run, it will take less and less time (up to a certain unavoidable amount).

I translated some menus in case someone finds it usefull
(got really angry for accidentaly deleting awesome Awaki's card because I was randomly pressing buttons :/ )
If you would like to see more of the menus translated, let me know.

Main Screen:

When you click "menu" button:

When you click "card" button

When you click "Gifts" button

The gameplay is quite easy, at first you click next, next, next... until it ask you to chose your starting card/character.
Then continue with the "next" strategy, until it ask you for name.
There was a short tutorial which gives you some random card.
Later it ask you for code of your referral, if you had some, (my code is for example 671145963) and bellow you can see your own code in case you want to give it to someone else.
Not sure why is there 1/10, maybe something happens when you invite 10 people.
Afterwards you go into the quests, select an area, select if you go solo or take a card from the randomly selected people (or friends) with you.
Fight is quite straightforward, sometimes enemies drop new cards, you can access them later after battle.
After battle it shows you new cards and asks if you want to add "the player you played with" to your friends (if you played together with someones else card)
Don't forget to go to deck and take new cards with you (or boost the old ones).
This is how far I got.

PS: In case someone was paying attention to the 10th. anniversary stream that was not long ago, they released "serial code" for puzzdex.
(You have to go to Menu -> Serial Codes -> first option and insert it there)
It's "2014 0410 8031 0293" and gives you level 5 Index card.
(but be carefull of the "max deck value", because starting ranks have this value at low levels and level 5 cards take a lot (27 - index))

Last edited by zaeraal; 2014-04-22 at 11:54.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 12:11   Link #742
FlyingCow65

I´m from Mexico but when I tried to download the app it says this device can´t suport this game, is it because of my country or because my cell is not updated? I been having that problem since the game came out =(
FlyingCow65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 15:17   Link #743
jrdragon2006

can someone translate this?
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/901/901134/
jrdragon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 23:33   Link #744
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's an IOS/Android collaboration game.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 10:40   Link #745
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

If it's an animu game, always expect a mobile game or handheld outside of the shounen's.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 20:16   Link #746
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Not really, there are still a number of Anime Vita/3DS games now.
Old 2014-08-06, 20:23   Link #747
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

That's why I said handheld. but most of the time, being good games is a bit of a challenge, too...
Old 2014-08-06, 20:25   Link #748
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh, right... Oops my mistake... Reading is hard.
Old 2014-08-06, 20:33   Link #749
demino_hellsin
That one guy

anime games commonly tend to be fighting or adventure types. Really hard to make each distinguishable from the other at times.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 22:38   Link #750
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
anime games commonly tend to be fighting or adventure types. Really hard to make each distinguishable from the other at times.
But most Index anime games have just been text...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 22:57   Link #751
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

You mean Visual Novel? that's the other genre! but I don't mind that as much since I'm biased.

But a console game, open world AC with action rpg/beat 'em up gameplay will never happen!
Old 2014-08-06, 23:15   Link #752
demino_hellsin
That one guy

it would take some serious investment and anime games are mostly fanservice first before being a serviceable game. Then again, Skyrim style RPG for TAMNI would be insane
Old 2014-08-07, 05:19   Link #753
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A turn-based JRPG is a much more reasonable next step before expecting a sandbox RPG.
Old 2014-08-07, 07:36   Link #754
GDB

Honestly, Railgun has a better chance of being an RPG of any non-VN sort before Index does. That actually includes characters that do more than just run around punching things as a form of combat.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 07:52   Link #755
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Honestly, Railgun has a better chance of being an RPG of any non-VN sort before Index does. That actually includes characters that do more than just run around punching things as a form of combat.
The South Park RPG convinced me that with a bit of creativity, you don't need characters with over-the-top super powers to make good JRPG moves.

In fact that's what I've been doing before in the table top thread... Although not really for table top...
Old 2014-08-07, 16:01   Link #756
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
You mean Visual Novel? that's the other genre! but I don't mind that as much since I'm biased.

But a console game, open world AC with action rpg/beat 'em up gameplay will never happen!
Quote:
it would take some serious investment and anime games are mostly fanservice first before being a serviceable game. Then again, Skyrim style RPG for TAMNI would be insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A turn-based JRPG is a much more reasonable next step before expecting a sandbox RPG.
I honestly want an open world lol... that would literally be equivalent to the new Wii U Zelda 2015 in my book. I'd automatically buy whatever console it would come out on if such a thing ever came into fruition. There's no question for new Zelda Games either... but this would be an even more no-question lol.

Also, I'm okay with an rpg as a great first step. I just want something that I can actually enjoy in addition to a story... for once.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 17:05   Link #757
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Making him work to defeat a boss and using what tools he has would be way more fun. But that requires actual work. And expanding his moveset can add a fighter feel. Which I find better than using powers.
Old 2014-08-07, 18:39   Link #758
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, Touma is better as an action game. He's better suited to puzzle bosses which would make use of Imagine Breaker and the environment to beat enemies. There's also picking up random stuff to smack people with
Old 2014-08-08, 03:07   Link #759
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Yeah, Touma is better as an action game. He's better suited to puzzle bosses which would make use of Imagine Breaker and the environment to beat enemies. There's also picking up random stuff to smack people with
Or leading people into traps and hitting them with trains.
Old 2014-08-08, 03:31   Link #760
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
Or leading people into traps and hitting them with trains.
Remember he smacked Hamazura in the face with a ballistic shield? I think that's a good move to implement in an RPG!