AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 22:27   Link #1
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Can't use Photoshop to create animated GIF from a video source

I needs quicktime to be installed which I don't want to do (hate anything apple makes). Is there any other software or another simpler method to make animated gif from a video file especially from a mkv file at 10-bit h.264 encoding?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 03:20   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I'm using Movie Snapshot for frame by frame capture then using GIMP 2.6. I'm using them in my animations. By the way you can used YT dowloader to convert the Mp4s to WMP first so that it can be read by Movie Snap Shot. I'm using my netbook by the way that's why I can't use Photoshop.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 03:33   Link #3
EroKing

Capture the images frame by frame you need to make the gif from a player like MPC and save them in a folder. If you have a latest version of Photoshop you can load all the images at once from Adobe Bridge by selecting them and then going to Tools --- Photoshop --- Load Files into Photoshop Layers.
Old 2012-04-21, 08:14   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Please take a look at this thread. It's all about how to make avatars and signatures: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26533

For discussions specific to making animated GiFs: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=642

Take a look at the sticky at the top of this forum for more pointers or visit the Fan Creations forum.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 10:01   Link #5
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Last time Photoshop asked me something like that I installed QuickTime Alternative (non-Apple QT) and that worked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime_Alternative
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:29   Link #6
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Capture the images frame by frame you need to make the gif from a player like MPC and save them in a folder. If you have a latest version of Photoshop you can load all the images at once from Adobe Bridge by selecting them and then going to Tools --- Photoshop --- Load Files into Photoshop Layers.
That sounds like a long and tedious work, I think I'll try quicktime lite if it doesn't bother with my startup programs or anything else on my system. Thanks for all the help guys!
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote