Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-03-25, 17:03   Link #361
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
According to this original 2ch post by a reliable source at 2ch, copied and pasted on this 2ch thread, PEACH-PIT's Rozen [Maiden] manga begins serializing in YOUNG JUMP, starting from Issue 20 of this year.

(The actual post reads, "Rozen 20 kara," which many Japanese fans interpret as meaning that a "Rozen" manga starts serializing in the 20th issue of YOUNG JUMP.)

Also, according to this reliable source, the 81 Diver manga by Shibata Yokusaru, serialized in YOUNG JUMP, will be made into a drama (presumably, a television drama series).
EDIT: I'm starting to think a time skip will be in effect, since it doesn't actually say "Rozen Maiden". I'm sure Jun will transfer to the next year before something starts up again.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 18:15   Link #362
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

I just heard the news about Rozen Maiden restarting in YOUNG JUMP magazine. Happy day ! And here I was dreading the end of Clannad and Spice and Wolf leaving me with only Shugo Chara! (I've lost interest in it) and ... yeah, I'm out basically out of anime and manga that interest me right now. Does anyone have an affinity with my situation?
Old 2008-03-29, 19:17   Link #363
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I'm curious to see how they approach the story... Alternate ending for the prior story and then go from there, or totally new story?
Old 2008-03-29, 23:19   Link #364
Megu-chan
Is not junk!

Send a message via AIM to Megu-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJiffy View Post
I just heard the news about Rozen Maiden restarting in YOUNG JUMP magazine. Happy day ! And here I was dreading the end of Clannad and Spice and Wolf leaving me with only Shugo Chara! (I've lost interest in it) and ... yeah, I'm out basically out of anime and manga that interest me right now. Does anyone have an affinity with my situation?
Oh yeah, I feel the exact same way, there's nothing else out there at the moment that has really caught my attention, so like you, I'm just waiting for the manga to pick up again, and hopefully...HOPEFULLY a 3rd season
Megu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 08:08   Link #365
Astrid Widjaja
Anime 4eva
*Artist

What's the beginning?

Hmm...
I heard that Rozen Maiden manga will be restarted.
From where?
It's from the last volume(9)?
Or maybe From the very start?
Ahhh...
I still don't know.....
But I feel relief the ending soon will be better (hope so)
Astrid Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 14:47   Link #366
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

I don't know. I have that feeling that Shinku will become Alice, and given the five girls left, her last opponent just has to be Kirakishou. I think I know the order in which they will be gone...

But I swear, if the writers take anything from my Suiseiseki doujin... I wrote one for Yu-Gi-Oh (don't ask) a while back, and half its elements are being featured in their new series. Do I really want to go 2 for 2?
Old 2008-04-01, 18:24   Link #367
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Quote:
I don't know. I have that feeling that Shinku will become Alice, and given the five girls left, her last opponent just has to be Kirakishou. I think I know the order in which they will be gone...
I'm not so sure if anyone would end up becoming Alice actually.
If someone does, it has to be Shinku obviously, but since they've said that the Alice Game was already going on for centuries, what means that it's going to stop? Plus the reason for the game, to become the perfect girl, that makes it seem like they'll have a metaphore for that being impossible.
I think the end would have something with Rozen saying that he doesn't want them to keep fighting :/

And there's not just 5 anymore since it's being restarted. I doubt they'd just pick up from the end of number 7, because then 8 would have no point to it ever being made. Probably a bit of a time skip or something like that.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 10:48   Link #368
Choki
I believe i can fly

I think that Peach-Pit would continue where they left off, Jun entering the door blah blah blah , so i dont think Hina or Souseiseki would be "revived". But there would be a high chance that it is possible to bring back them since Sou went missing, and was seen in the N-field.(though it might be Kira =X)

I'm guessing that either Jun would travel back in time(O.o time traveler) or he would be able to find Shinku and the rest of them in the N-field and bring them back. At least thats how i feel the manga would start....cant wait!
Choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 22:51   Link #369
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

More Rozen Maiden Manga = More Rozen Maiden Anime = More chances of MSLN vs Rozen Maiden matchup in Saimoe
Old 2008-04-08, 11:43   Link #370
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
More Rozen Maiden Manga = More Rozen Maiden Anime = More chances of MSLN vs Rozen Maiden matchup in Saimoe
Problem - Nanoha's done after this Saimoe season - after this year, she has to stay strong in International Saimoe.
Old 2008-04-08, 13:14   Link #371
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Problem - Nanoha's done after this Saimoe season - after this year, she has to stay strong in International Saimoe.
StrikerS is avg 22k per vol (upto vol8) i see more Nanoha as very likely. They can still fill in the period between A's and StrikerS.
Old 2008-04-09, 05:14   Link #372
Siegel Clyne

Rozen Maiden: Shinsouban Confirmed; Stickers Included with Weekly Young Jump No. 18

Below are quotes of couple of my posts from over a week ago on the Talkback Forum at Anime News Network.

Re: Rozen Maiden Manga Restarts in Young Jump 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
Quote:
The 2ch rumor about the Rozen Maiden shinsouban tankoubon appears to be gaseneta (fake information).
The 2ch rumor about the shinsouban (renewal edition) tankoubon seems to be true, after all.

According to this post over a day ago on the 780th Rozen Maiden Anime Synthesis Thread at 2ch:

ISBN: 978-4-08-877455-8
Title: Rozen Maiden Shinsouban Vol. 1
Artists: PEACH-PIT
Imprint: Young Jump Comics
Release Date: April 25, 2008

Clicking on Shueisha's Young Jump Comics imprint link shows no Rozen Maiden Shinsouban 1 listed at the current time.

A screenshot purportedly taken of the Young Jump Comics imprint release list from around the date and the time of the post, however, shows Rozen Maiden Shinsouban 1 listed (at the bottom of the release list):

With a scheduled release date of Friday, April 25, 2008 and a retail price of 780 yen, Rozen Maiden Shinsouban Tankoubon Vol. 1 is listed at s-book.com.

Rozen Maiden Shinsouban Tankoubon Vol. 2 is listed at Manganomori Online.

Rozen Maiden Likely to Gain New Fans with Young Jump

Quote:
JMPA (Japan Magazine Publishers Association) Magazine Data for Shounen Manga and Seinen Manga Magazines - Circulation Numbers from September 1, 2006 to August 31, 2007

Comic Magazines for Boys (Shounen muke Komikku = Shounen Manga) (a "*" indicates the magazine's circulation has been confirmed)

Magazine Name | Publisher Name | Circulation
Ultra Jump | Shueisha | 71,916*
Monthly Shonen Magazine | Kodansha | 969,250*
Monthly Pre-Comic Bunbun | Poplar | 62,838*
Monthly Magazine Z | Kodansha | 27,375*
CoroCoro Comic | Shogakukan | 932,500*
Sunday Gene-X | Shogakukan | 30,583*
Weekly Shonen Sunday | Shogakukan | 935,729*
Weekly Shonen Jump | Shueisha | 2,778,750*
Weekly Shonen Magazine | Kodansha | 1,871,771*
Shonen Ace | Kadokawa Group Publishing (Kadokawa Shoten) | 91,666*
Shonen Sunday Super | Shogakukan | 38,000*
Dragon Age | Kadokawa Group Publishing (Fujimi Shobou) | 30,083*
Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic Special | Shogakukan | 190,000*
Magazine SPECIAL | Kodansha 91,750*
Monthly Dengeki Daioh | Media Works | 100,000
Weekly Shonen Champion | Akita Shoten | 500,000
Dengeki Comic Gao! | Media Works | 80,000

Comic Magazines for Men (Dansei muke Komikku Shi = Seinen Manga Magazines) (a "*" indicates the magazine's circulation has been confirmed)

Magazine Name | Publisher Name | Circulation
Afternoon | Kodansha | 119,666*
IKKI | Shogakukan | 16,000*
Evening | Kodansha | 198,458*
Gundam Ace | Kadokawa Group Publishing (Kadokawa Shoten) | 184,750*
Monthly Comic Tokumori | Shueisha | 58,750*
Comic Ran | Leed | 210,363*
Comic Ran Twins | Leed | 143,713*
Weekly Comic Bunch | Shinchosha | 201,989*
Weekly Young Jump | Shueisha | 967,250*
Super Jump | Shueisha | 351,250*
Zoukan Ran Twins Sengoku Bushou Retsuden | Leed | 96,176*
Business Jump | Shueisha | 366,042*
Big Comic | Shogakukan | 551,458*
Big Comic Original | Shogakukan | 859,333*
Big Comic Spirits | Shogakukan | 373,500*
Big Comic Superior | Shogakukan | 305,000*
Morning | Kodansha | 413,300*
Young Animal | Hakusensha | 190,125*
Young Animal Arashi | Hakusensha | 123,083*
Young Sunday | Shogakukan | 202,541*
Young Magazine | Kodansha | 981,229*
Kairakuten | Wani Magazine | 350,000
Kairakuten Beast | Wani Magazine | 300,000
Comic Charge | Kadokawa Group Publishing (Kadokawa Shoten) | 300,000
Comic Beam | Enterbrain | 25,000
Shitsurakuten | Wani Magazine | 250,000
Weekly Manga Goraku | Nihon Bungeisha | 500,000
Weekly Manga Sunday | Jitsugyo no Nihon Sha | 300,000
Weekly Manga TIMES | Houbunsha | 380,000
Dengeki Moeoh | Media Works | 50,000
Kaman | Wani Magazine | 300,000
Manga Action | Futabasha | 200,000
Manga Time | Houbunsha | 240,000
Manga Time Original | Houbunsha | 240,000
Manga Pachislo Fighter | Wani Magazine | 350,000
Young King | Shonen Gahosha | 250,000
Young King Ours | Shonen Gahosha | 72,000
Young Comic | Shonen Gahosha | 115,000
Young Champion | Akita Shoten | 180,000

The Rozen Maiden manga by PEACH-PIT was originally serialized in a very minor manga magazine, Comic BIRZ, published by Gentosha. From everything I have heard, Comic BIRZ's circulation numbers in Japan are tiny (maybe much less than 10,000 now).

When first week DVD sales figures in Japan for the limited edition of the Rozen Maiden Ouverture anime special came out from Oricon in late February/early March 2007, a Japanese poster on an animation DVD sales in Japan thread at 2ch, in utter disbelief, wondered how can an anime which originated in a very minor manga magazine sell so well on DVD?

Evidently, the anime version greatly helped popularize Rozen Maden in Japan.

According to PEACH-PIT, their new Rozen Maiden manga will be serialized monthly in Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump seinen manga magazine starting with Issue 20 (April 17, 2008).

As you can seen from the JMPA magazine data cited above, Weeky Young Jump has a circulation of nearly 1,000,000 in Japan.

With widespread exposure among general readers in a major young men's magazine and the financial backing of a major publisher, Rozen Maiden should gain many new fans and become even more popular.

Suffering from stagnant sales and a decline in readership the past few years, Weekly Young Jump should benefit as well, attracting significant numbers of new readers.

PEACH PIT's remodeled official website has opened early, on Saturday, March 29, 2008. It was scheduled to open in April 2008.

With all the financial resources at their hand that Comic BIRZ and Gentosha can only dream about, Weekly Young Jump and Shueisha appear to be mounting a major marketing compaign for Rozen Maiden, such as reissuing the old Rozen Maiden manga volumes in renewal editions (shinsouban tankoubon) under the Young Jump Comics imprint label, and including a set of Rozen Maiden stickers in Issue 18 of Weekly Young Jump, which goes on sale April 3, 2008 at major convenience store (konbini) chains - Seven-Eleven, LAWSON, FamilyMart, Circle K Sunkus, ampm, DAILY YAMAZAKI, Seicomart, MINISTOP, Three F, POPLAR, cocostore, and HOT SPAR - across Japan.

A third season/series (and probably more) of the Rozen Maiden anime is virtually guaranteed now - something which I have long maintained here and on other forums like Anime****.

The Rozen Maiden anime has a track record for being a moneymaker in Japan. Its devoted Japanese fans have proven that they support and buy things Rozen Maiden, and will definitely continue to do so in the future. The anime, the drama CDs, the music CDs, the Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i (Suigintou's It's Ennui Again, Tonight) Internet radio show and CDs, the games, the figurines, the dolls, etc., as well as the manga, will undoubtely go on in Japan.

Issue 18 of Weekly Young Jump with Rozen Maiden (Shinku) Stickers:

Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 13:11   Link #373
QueenNori

Sounds really good. Thank you very much for the information, Siegel
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:40   Link #374
QueenNori

I just read the newest chapter of Rozen Maiden (Desuchan has scans). It's very, very different...
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 18:04   Link #375
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNori View Post
I just read the newest chapter of Rozen Maiden (Desuchan has scans). It's very, very different...
how is it different??? I Need information.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 02:58   Link #376
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
how is it different??? I Need information.
I haven't found them yet, but I've been to Desuchan.net and took a look at their forums, and from what I can tell, the majority of them are saying WTF. Can't seem to tell why. I'll do a little more snooping.
Old 2008-04-17, 07:18   Link #377
Iromaru

Everybody who waited for a direct continuation will be very disappointed in this new chapter I can't read japanese so I'm not sure but it seems like an alternative story... I so hope I'm wrong or that it'll change in the next chapters.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 11:18   Link #378
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I haven't found them yet, but I've been to Desuchan.net and took a look at their forums, and from what I can tell, the majority of them are saying WTF. Can't seem to tell why. I'll do a little more snooping.
Likely because of the
Spoiler:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 11:42   Link #379
shadowlancer

From what can be seen in the first new chapter it looks like a alternative universe or something.

Spoiler for start of the old rozen maiden manga:

Spoiler for start of the new rozen maiden tale:

This must have happened because of some copyright / contract so that they cant continue with the old storyline.
shadowlancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 13:55   Link #380
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlancer View Post
From what can be seen in the first new chapter it looks like a alternative universe or something.
Agreed, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlancer View Post
Spoiler for start of the new rozen maiden tale:
Spoiler for Tale 1:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen