AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 17:56   Link #1721
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Be sure that you have something meaningful to say. For example, try not to reply to a particular three-year old post; instead, make your post about the general purpose of the thread.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 00:27   Link #1722
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Is there any Anime about Werewolf's ?
Old 2008-07-15, 03:24   Link #1723
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
^ you should ask that in the suggestion forums =3

silly question about Microsoft Words, I added a word to the dictionary list that I now want to remove, but how do you remove words from a language word list
(in case people don't understand, the word is Rollo and now everytime i spell it it gets graded as the rightfull spelling while it is actually Rolo lol, now I want the Rollo version out of the list so that when I type Rollo it gets the nice little red line underneath. I know I could also do it with the auto correction by changing the word to Rolo everytime I type it but there are a lot of Rollo words in my fic and finding them through removal from the list makes it easier)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:05   Link #1724
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Silly Karuma.. Google is your friend/ or in this case, Yahoo
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:16   Link #1725
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Oh and by the way, thanks to those who responded to my questions. I thanked them privately but I thought I'd do it here for some reason.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:39   Link #1726
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
As far as I know, there has been no anime series that focuses exclusively on the legend of werewolves, although a number of works have borrowed the gadget. For example, one of the main characters in Spriggan is a werewolf.

It cannot be classified into "anime" in today's sense, but Vampire by Osamu Tezuka (contrary to the title, it is a story about lycans) was made into a TV programme in 1969, which was a mixture of live-action with animation.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:47   Link #1727
King Lycan
*IT Support

Thanks for you Help LiberLibri
Old 2008-07-16, 04:16   Link #1728
.BeachBoy
T e a r . the . S k y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
You are allowed to post in a old threads, actually encouraged, if it covers the topic you are about to post about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido
I think the policy is, "You are able to revive an old thread as long as it have a useful purpose." And it happen all the times in general anime anyways.

EDIT: Stolen by Cats
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight
Be sure that you have something meaningful to say. For example, try not to reply to a particular three-year old post; instead, make your post about the general purpose of the thread.
Ah, okay, I understand completely now. I'll be sure that it's meaningful and deals with the topic of the main thread. Thanks a bunch, Cats, cicido, and WK, I really appreciate it. :D
.BeachBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 04:28   Link #1729
caity.1234

i need help how do you get your own avatars i have downloaded my own album im just confused :S
caity.1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 04:45   Link #1730
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

In your user CP(top of the page) there is on the left side beneth "Settings & Options" -> "Edit Avatar"

There you can define if you want to use a standard Avatar or if you want to use an external Avatar from a website or from a local folder which will be uploaded to AS.
But be careful with the size of the image:
The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 50.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 07:24   Link #1731
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
But be careful with the size of the image:
The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 50.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
The current version of the vBulletin software that runs the forum will no longer inform you that an avatar upload is too large. Rather it creates a static image from the first frame of the avatar, and a very poor quality image at that. So make sure to check the size before uploading.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 13:00   Link #1732
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Not entirely based on Lycans but this series has a central Lycan character in it also lot of lycans are thrown in

The series I am talking about is Kaibutsu Ojo [ Monster Princess (Princess Resurrection)

Summary : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Princess

Torrent : http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1009.html
Old 2008-07-22, 14:11   Link #1733
King Lycan
*IT Support

Thanks Geta Boshi
Old 2008-07-22, 22:42   Link #1734
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I have a question about my avatar when it's viewed in the profile or in the social groups where the avatar is shrunked.

ex. -

As you can see there, my avatar looks much like a bad television set, but when it's viewed such as the regular forums, it looks normal with out and distortions. Is it just my side that is have issues with it? Maybe something about VBulletin not being able to handle PNG format or distortions when the image is automatically resized?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2008-07-23 at 01:46.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 23:05   Link #1735
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Doesn't seem to be handling the transparency either, I'm assuming its resampling your avatar to the smaller size for visitor messages and that screws it up every which way because it simply can't fit what's required in the smaller size.
Old 2008-07-23, 02:35   Link #1736
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I have a question about my avatar when it's viewed in the profile or in the social groups where the avatar is shrunked.

ex. -

As you can see there, my avatar looks much like a bad television set, but when it's viewed such as the regular forums, it looks normal with out and distortions. Is it just my side that is have issues with it? Maybe something about VBulletin not being able to handle PNG format or distortions when the image is automatically resized?
It's due to vB introducing some "intelligence" into the recent release of the forum. I suggest you take it up with them since it's their code that does the poor job of resizing the image.

You should also be aware that the poor quality image is also used on the Profile page when you are listed as a friend. So it's not just you, we all see it like that
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 08:53   Link #1737
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Wolf Rain and Spice and Wolf have wolves disguised as humans.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 09:00   Link #1738
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Why was the name "Haruhi" written in katakana, but not Hiragana?

Or were all names in Japanese were written in katakana?

Or did I mess up somewhere...
Old 2008-07-23, 09:40   Link #1739
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Katakana is simply another form of writing things. Sometimes it can be akin to writing in ALL CAPS in a Western language to make a word stand out. Lots of words are written in katakana just to do that, even when there's a viable kanji option, and it's very common to do it with names. Likewise, there are many words that are traditionally written in hiragana even when there are kanji for them. Another notable thing about Japanese writing is when they use kanji to write an evidently foreign word--in that case, they use furigana to spell out the pronunciation, and the kanji serve as a way to explicit the meaning of the word.

Bottom line: Japanese writing rules (as every rule when it comes to a language) is not as tight as one would suppose.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 10:15   Link #1740
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Another questions: i know there are 26( 26 right?) characters of katakana, 26 characters of Hiragana , another 7000(or somewhere around there) Kanji (which is similar with Chinese characters as i remember).

But what is furigana?

And can people "guess" what i am writing if i write a whole sentence in Hiragana (given they can see my situation)?

Finally, is it normal for Japanese to turn their back at you and walk straight away after finished the conversation? I found it's extremely annoyed, but not sure if it was just a difference in culture of not

Tags
problem, q&a, serious