AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 10:52   Link #1221
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Finally, Kobato got some screen-time

As for the mini.Kureneko comment, both Ruri and Kobato are goth-lolis pretending to be vampires from novels/shows they follow, and that is about what they have in common... my impression is that personality-wise they are VERY different.

By the way in the preview all three remaining members showed up, so I guess they will introduce them next week.

Back to the episode, however hard I laughed, felt really sorry for Sena while she was reading out loud the eroge lines... that Yozora, why so jealous

And a couple of things I did not like... the childhood friend scene was also that obvious in the novel and the manga? I really don't see the point, seems to cheesy :/

Also they did not animate Sena's outfit while going and returning to the pool... it was damn hot

Spoiler for smoking hot clothing, and probably NSFW:

and felt sorry for the poor rich girl, accepting that nickname, being so afraid, and loving being scolded... that is a masochist in the making
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:05   Link #1222
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

And this is where as a fellow eroge fan I become solidly behind Meat and anti-Bitch (AKA Yozora)

On another note....YAY KOBATO!!!

Kurogane no Necromancer and Sacred Blackstar both look rather fun...
Old 2011-10-21, 11:18   Link #1223
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
And a couple of things I did not like... the childhood friend scene was also that obvious in the novel and the manga? I really don't see the point, seems to cheesy :/
By obvious, if you are referring to the 'childhood friend = Yozora' point, well, I don't know about the manga, but in the novel, during the flashback, of course it wasn't really obvious since there are no pictures. But the clubroom scene at the end was the same as the novel IIRC (plotwise, the adaptation has been quite faithful so far except for some reordering and skipped chapters for now), and because of what Yozora said, it was obvious that they are the same person even in the novels. That was the last chapter as a matter of fact, and when I read it, it seemed to be some sort of foreshadowing and imo, it was the author's way of telling the readers, "there's more to look forward to than just parodies and gags" in this series. That's the feeling I got, so it was a pretty nice way to end the volume.

I think this episode is currently the best adapted, better than the last one as the comedy value dropped in the MonHun part in the anime. Seems like from the preview, we're getting all the characters shown in the OP. Hope they also do the remaining skipped chapters in v1 which are pure comedy .
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:36   Link #1224
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Ok.

How about he does not put the girl on a piedestal and is actually scolding her for doing stupid shit like he did after that incident?
It's all wish fulfillment: boy has harem, boy is tough, boy tells off girl. Everything Kodaka did in the episode serves to produce the vicarious pleasure of a fantasy life precisely tuned to the young male viewer's insecurities and desires. In other words, the anime is manipulative. Since all of these fantasy elements have been repeated before, the anime is cliched, hackneyed.

Which is fine. That's entertainment. The harem comedy is an established genre, albeit a tired one, but we can ask how well the show does its job, whether there's anything interesting or original in the way it goes about serving up that vicarious pleasure.

So far, all the interest--and it is considerable--lies in the dynamic, crazy, and unexpected character interactions of Sena and Yozora. I see nothing--zero--distinctive that is related to Kodaka. So far he seems to act as a black hole of cliche, inexorably drawing the other, much more fresh characters, into the tired patterns of harem comedies.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 12:15   Link #1225
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Regarding the Sena-belly bit, while all of the fanservice in that scene was interestingly off-kilter, I took that as showing us that she'd been holding in her gut because she wanted to look good for Kodaka.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 12:15   Link #1226
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
It's all wish fulfillment: boy has harem, boy is tough, boy tells off girl. Everything Kodaka did in the episode serves to produce the vicarious pleasure of a fantasy life precisely tuned to the young male viewer's insecurities and desires. In other words, the anime is manipulative. Since all of these fantasy elements have been repeated before, the anime is cliched, hackneyed.
What....if that's the intention then it isn't working that way very well....Is anyone here being manipulated in that sense or are they watching this for the laughs?

What would you have it be then?
Old 2011-10-21, 14:59   Link #1227
christinemarie
Crazy One

Did I just see something nostalgic from Kimagure Orange Road in this week's episode? Madoka Ayukawa is back !! It appears Sacred Blacksmith is one of the highlights of this episode with Kobato the imouto voiced by Kana Hanazawa, didn't felt the voiced that much from her previous voiced roles.
After watching episode 3, this anime needs to be added in the popular series. I can't believe its not added there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Made another Kobato avatar which I'm most likely not going to use, so feel free to take it if you want to:

Can I take these, thank you in advance. I just DOKI being an imouto.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-21 at 16:20. Reason: Please edit rather than double-posting
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 16:07   Link #1228
Cyz
"Show it to me"

That's awesome. All Kodaka need was his blonde hair and his big forehead and a scary face to win over "thugs". Sena looks good in the swimsuit but hey I never thought it would be that skimpy. I guess she wasn't shy about showing off a few skins here and there. Oh, and I love the part where Sena was reading the erotic lines from the game . Guess that's too much for her.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 17:41   Link #1229
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

If there's one thing anime has taught me, it's that amnesia is about as common as the cold.

Anyways, not much to say other than too much Sena and not enough Yozora!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 18:06   Link #1230
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
You know ... I actually liked ep 3 because there was some character development. I liked that Kodoka stood up to Sena, I liked that Sena was mature enough to take it and "benefit", I also liked that Yozora and Kodoka had met in the past and that colors Yozora's interactions with him.

Good ep. 7.5/10 vote from me.

I wonder how much of this element will be in future eps?
Old 2011-10-21, 18:09   Link #1231
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
This is not possible.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 18:47   Link #1232
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
So far, all the interest--and it is considerable--lies in the dynamic, crazy, and unexpected character interactions of Sena and Yozora. I see nothing--zero--distinctive that is related to Kodaka. So far he seems to act as a black hole of cliche, inexorably drawing the other, much more fresh characters, into the tired patterns of harem comedies.
You'll have to wait until next or 2 more episode...Kodaka does have a personality (other than being a tsukkomi) and is not just yet another clueless harem lead male.

Quote:
As for the mini.Kureneko comment, both Ruri and Kobato are goth-lolis pretending to be vampires from novels/shows they follow, and that is about what they have in common... my impression is that personality-wise they are VERY different.
It's just a joke since both are voiced by Hanazawa Kana and both are chuunibyo goth loli. Of course they're not the same (Kobato is a lot more chuuni than Ruri-chan anyway...)
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 18:55   Link #1233
Peanutbutter

That meat!

I used to think such meat was kinda disgusting, but I wanna bite into Sena's meat.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 19:23   Link #1234
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
If there's one thing anime has taught me, it's that amnesia is about as common as the cold.

well youre rigth but its a special kind of amnesia that only makes you forgot your childhood friend, with high chances that it will be the one most affected by you forgetting.

i agree i want more yozora...
Old 2011-10-21, 19:41   Link #1235
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i want more yozora...
Me too... I thought she was the female lead.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 19:49   Link #1236
hoarfrost

After this episode, to me everyone takes a back seat to Sena. Seriously, she's just the right mix of sociability, aggressiveness, and self consciousness. And she's a total nerd deep down. That's a winning combination.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 19:55   Link #1237
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Sena~ :3

Quote:
It's not amnesia though. He just couldn't remember his childhood very well.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 19:59   Link #1238
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakezoMusashi View Post
Me too... I thought she was the female lead.
she is, sena screen-time is just fanservice.
Old 2011-10-21, 20:02   Link #1239
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
she is, sena screen-time is just fanservice.
Lies, damn lies, how dare --

*Ahem.*

It's a two heroine show, and a harem of sorts, if any of you are still wondering.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 20:34   Link #1240
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

...ehr., i think that is the reason of "haganai +", but if i get more into this, admin is gonna delete my post , so im gonna leave it at that.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen