2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-26, 22:02   Link #101
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
As if you don't know, Naruto is a really frustrating show...You know it's gonna get good but it seems to string you along at times (And I'm strictly talking up to ep 135 to now minus the in-between)...This episode is no different...Some really good stuff especially in the very beginning with Naruto showing some cooler skills but then the second half of the ep fizzeled a bit into yet another Naruto status quo episode that leaves you wanting so much more...I mean it kinda ticked me off that Tsunade and Jaraiya were so impressed when Naruto barely did anything above genin...I was more impressed with Sakura this ep who didn't need a running start, Rasengan, and clone buddy to chop a tree down (She just punched the damn thing)...

Alot of the fighting was, well just not that impressive for ep 3 of a new series even though I did enjoy the nostalgic value of it all...Kakashi's shock (with Naruto not Sakura) just didn't come off well considering the level of attack from Naruto not really being that jaw-dropping...Lots of clones getting their a$$es kicked while the real Naruto hides just doesn't scream "awesome 2 years of training!!!" to me...I mean why can't we see something utterly jaw-ropping like when Yusuke (YYH), Gohan (DBZ), or Ichigo (Bleach) came back from their training...I really think we deserve not having to wait even if it's 4, 5 eps to see Naruto atleast have the "shonen guy back from training cool scene"...I know it will come, but I think it should have already happened in some form...
Well I dont think naruto is really fighting seriosuly against kakashi. Probably if he was really trying to get the bells no matter what ( even if he had to hurt kakashi bad) he would have gotten it by now. And also why wouldnt Jiraya and Tsunade wouldnt be impressed?. Kakashi is one of the ellite Jounin in Konoha and Naruto was able to get behind him without him realizing it. Rule number 1 in shinobi: never let another ninja get behind you. Also dont forget even with Sharingan Kakashi cant easily locate where Naruto is coming from. In my personal opinion Naurto is alot stronger than he is showing. Also in DBZ and bleach the main characters after training battle the enemies not allies. and those main characters have their own personality. Also Just imagine Goku in DBZ. He is more like naruto. He would never fight seriosuly fight against Vegeda after his trainings because they were allies. But when the enemy would come he would use all of his powers.

As for Sakura , i was impressed about how she had improved but face it, she is still far away from naruto , sasku, Lee and i can go on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
is it just me or shippuuden sux? i mean the animation in 1-2 was cool but in 3? trees falling slowly narutos face is not mature enoug?and other things? I mean i watched oro vs sasuke in forest and that was awesome...but shippuden is a bit low quality to me...fight with kakashi was a very important scene yet animation was very bad...

I think the reason people are disapointed ( i was about episode 3 too ) is mainly because they made the first two episodes really good. To me it was more like watching a movie than regular episodes of an anime series.

Also it is a diffrent story if you have read the Manga or not. Probably to the most of the people who havent read the Manga so far every thing has been really good. But Manga readers usually dont agree because for one reason they know how the story goes and also i guess the episode wasnt animated as good as they hoped.
Old 2007-02-27, 12:31   Link #102
Mephisto2k
anime4life

they often make the first episode of an anime better than the rest of it simply to get the attention of many viewers.
Non the less the new episode wasnt all that bad.
I just dont like how naruto somehow still sucks ass. Still fooling around with resingun and shadowclones and no new technics, while sakura kicks ass.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 13:43   Link #103
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Well I dont think naruto is really fighting seriosuly against kakashi. Probably if he was really trying to get the bells no matter what ( even if he had to hurt kakashi bad) he would have gotten it by now. And also why wouldnt Jiraya and Tsunade wouldnt be impressed?. Kakashi is one of the ellite Jounin in Konoha and Naruto was able to get behind him without him realizing it. Rule number 1 in shinobi: never let another ninja get behind you. Also dont forget even with Sharingan Kakashi cant easily locate where Naruto is coming from. In my personal opinion Naurto is alot stronger than he is showing. Also in DBZ and bleach the main characters after training battle the enemies not allies. and those main characters have their own personality. Also Just imagine Goku in DBZ. He is more like naruto. He would never fight seriosuly fight against Vegeda after his trainings because they were allies. But when the enemy would come he would use all of his powers.

As for Sakura , i was impressed about how she had improved but face it, she is still far away from naruto , sasku, Lee and i can go on.

I think a few people are getting confused by what I mean...I'm not saying I need to see Naruto do his uber new jutsu on Kakashi or see some grand visual production that costs a million bucks yet...What I'm talking about is something small, something in mood that shows us and tells the audience Naruto is "Newruto"...

Like what I was saying about Yusuke (YYH), when he returned from Genkai he went to eat with Kuwabara and acted a little different then when confronted by multiple thugs in the ally you could see his new coolness finishing them off with his newly formed "Shot-gun!!"...He didn't show some ridiculous level of newness or his trump-card you could just tell and feel it...

When Gohan finished his two-year training with Goku and opened that door as a super-saiyan yeah that was cool, but in the eps before cell games you could see he had a new aura about him...After a few seconds out of Kami's lair Vegeta nearly died inside by seeing it...

When I talk about Naruto I see the same kid, a little taller but exactly the same...Not that he has to change in personality but it would have been cool if he a literally threatened Kakashi in attitude and had one of those "Shonen back from training cool-guy moments or feel to him"...I know it's coming but I honestly feel it should have been shown as a first impression...You can see alot of people are displeased with the first impression despite the fact WE ALL KNOW he's gonna get cooler...As of now his new introduction in a new series is him filler-fighting...That's just not cool when we're talking about re-introducing this character...This series just started and he's already playing second fiddle to what seems to be an awesome new Gaara ready to fight...In the 5 mins of the first ep we've already seen Sasuke's new aura and now even Sakura...What about the title character, sheeeesh??????????????

With all that said let me repeat I liked the episode and the promise of the new season, just wished Naruto would show me something more...which doesn't necessarily mean some awesome new jutsu or something...
Old 2007-02-27, 14:05   Link #104
tatami
back in black

and some better animation not just big fights but whole serie...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 14:13   Link #105
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I think a few people are getting confused by what I mean...I'm not saying I need to see Naruto do his uber new jutsu on Kakashi or see some grand visual production that costs a million bucks yet...What I'm talking about is something small, something in mood that shows us and tells the audience Naruto is "Newruto"...
That pretty much sums up this episode in regards to Naruto. Sakura was shown to be improved by leaps and bound in that respect, and she didn't show much of her skill either to convey that impression. The main reason for this is, of course, the anime team have dragged this episode as much as possible without much progression made from what transpired in the episode. We don't need to see anything flashy to be impressed by Naruto. The praises that were coming from Tsunade/Jiraiya seemed out of place because Naruto hasn't really done anything praise worthy other than his very quick handseal to create his clone. He still employed his old technique (if one wants to call it that) to send wave after wave of kage bunshin that were, in the end, very easily disposed of. The only time I was impressed by Naruto was when he sent a clone to fall for the trap so he could flesh out Kakshi from his hiding. Everything else about his "improvement" was mediocre at best. Hopefully, the next episode will focus more on his flashes-of-improvement than paying the obligatory lip-service we are already so familiar with.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 14:29   Link #106
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@monir - You know who Naruto reminds me of? Ever watch Smallville? It's one of my favorite shows, but it's easy to see the creators don't really like the character of Superman and it shows in the way his character (Clark) is treated and back-seated at times...Naruto is kinda the same way...It's like Naruto is cool, but the creator doesn't seem to necessarily like him that much and it shows...
Old 2007-02-27, 16:21   Link #107
Ziv

Quote:
@monir - You know who Naruto reminds me of? Ever watch Smallville? It's one of my favorite shows, but it's easy to see the creators don't really like the character of Superman and it shows in the way his character (Clark) is treated and back-seated at times...Naruto is kinda the same way...It's like Naruto is cool, but the creator doesn't seem to necessarily like him that much and it shows...
very true. Kishimoto has stated in interviews that Sasuke is his favorite character.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 18:23   Link #108
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

why couldnt they just show us narutos true abilities...u know start the new season STRONG...instead of this dibadaber....plus where is rock lee...
Rock Lee X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 09:55   Link #109
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lee X View Post
why couldnt they just show us narutos true abilities...u know start the new season STRONG...instead of this dibadaber....plus where is rock lee...
Because it will be more exciting seen him using it against a real fight against a real opponent.

Is like when Kakashi fought Zabuza, in the first time around, he didn’t used Raikiri, in his second fight he used 2 Jutsus :Summoning and Raikiri. Kishimoto usually saves abilities for the real fights, so, this time around we shouldn’t be disappointed, because this bell test is not really a fight.
Old 2007-02-28, 10:11   Link #110
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Because it will be more exciting seen him using it against a real fight against a real opponent.

Is like when Kakashi fought Zabuza, in the first time around, he didn’t used Raikiri, in his second fight he used 2 Jutsus :Summoning and Raikiri. Kishimoto usually saves abilities for the real fights, so, this time around we shouldn’t be disappointed, because this bell test is not really a fight.
totally agree with you.
and even so the fight is far from over yet.
they have the whole night ahead of them and who knows what will happen.

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 14:02   Link #111
Cyz
"Show it to me"

So it's finally back on track huh? Just watched the 3 eps. and it was awesome. Fight scenes are cool as always and watching Sakura smashes things is awesome! . Btw, what does "Shipuuden" means?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 14:05   Link #112
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
So it's finally back on track huh? Just watched the 3 eps. and it was awesome. Fight scenes are cool as always and watching Sakura smashes things is awesome! . Btw, what does "Shipuuden" means?
It think it means "Hurricane"....or so I've heard..

So it's like Naruto:Hurricane Chronicles
Old 2007-02-28, 14:19   Link #113
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Btw, what does "Shipuuden" means?
I think the humble me has done a better job explaining Shippuden than Wing. Read away.
Old 2007-02-28, 14:29   Link #114
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think the humble me has done a better job explaining Shippuden than Wing. Read away.
Oh I'm sure^^...That was a quicky from me no doubt about it...Hell I need to read your explanation too, because I thought Hurricane meant those damn clouds on the Akatsuki kimonos were about to start a storm or something...Symbolically ofcourse ...

In your explanation you mention Funi as owning Naruto...Did they buy Viz or something?
Old 2007-02-28, 14:35   Link #115
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

In your explanation you mention Funi as owning Naruto...Did they buy Viz or something?
That was huge mistake which I acknowledged a few posts below in that Filler Discussion thread.
Old 2007-02-28, 17:39   Link #116
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Is it not time for a new thread? Or am I just fucking drunk?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 00:11   Link #117
Seiryuu

This ep does not disappoint me the way it seems to do for some people. The flashbacks fit well imho. Especially considering they seemed to be modeled after the single flashback that actually occured in the manga. Adding in some extra combat showing how the kids've changed is a good way to expand on a short scene. As an individual ep, I'd say 6-7, but for a series opening or a reintroduction(and if anyone's like me it IS a reintroduction after a long departure), I might go as high as 9.
One thing I love is the new Sakura. As I'd said in anticipation a couple times, I've really looked forward to seeing the most pathetic fighter in the Naruto universe put forth some real effort into becoming worthwhile. The look of confidence and anticipation when walking into a fight is a very nice change. Like with the manga, all my disgust at the weak valley girl persona disappeared with six words: "... If he's nowhere else then ... BELOW!!"
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 01:16   Link #118
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Is it not time for a new thread? Or am I just fucking drunk?
Most definitely drunk.