AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-01, 13:14   Link #1
jul10
nii-ya

Rosario to Vampire

Manga Publisher, Shueisha , has announced that their manga Rosario + Vampire will be adapted into anime.

Rosario to Vampire
ロザリオとバンパイア

(The manga title is Rosario + Vampire)

Premier: TBA
Genre: Shounen, Supernatural, Harem (ecchi)
Synopsis by gia from aol:
Quote:
Rosario to Vampire is the story of a totally normal, average middle school boy named Aono who somehow finds himself attending a mysterious school far away from his home, only reachable by a creepy bus. If you’re guessing that his classmates are someone occult-ish, you’re right - and it’s a harem on top of that. The female lead is Maka, a vampire who only hangs with Aono as her food source…at first.
Synopsis by Baka-update:
Quote:
By a bizzare coincidence, Tsukune Aono has accidentally gotten himself admitted to a youkai acadamy, a school attended by monsters (youkai). Just when he thinks he'll run away from there, he meets the beautiful girl Moka and his mood turns ultra happy. However, she transforms into her true form when the rosary on her chest is taken off, she's a super vampire!

Mangaka: Ikeda Akihisa
Manga Official Website: Rosario + Vampire

Up until now there are 9 volumes of manga that have been released.
Manga Covers:
Spoiler for Manga Covers:

Bored of normal ecchi anime...this might be a new change in the usual ecchi anime. Vampire harem...might be interesting....

Oh yeah, I put 2 synopsis, because those synopsis explains a bit different things (although basically the same). lol And, the name of the vampire girl that the synopsis explained is different. One is "Moka" and the other is "Maka". I'm not too sure which one is true.... <_<
jul10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 13:27   Link #2
cyth
Banned

It's Moka.

Though I hear the manga gets a bit old when all the fighting starts kicking in.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 14:46   Link #3
chiisai_nezumi

It does get old after a point ... I followed the series up until volume 4 before I just completely lost interest ... the story begins to rehash itself (just with different opponents) and introduce new, but ultimately boring, filler characters.

Of course, anime adaptations can be better than their manga counterparts - let's hope this one is.
chiisai_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 15:01   Link #4
NeoSam

A vampire harem >.< count me in, adding to my list of must watch anime
Old 2007-06-01, 15:16   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul10 View Post
Bored of normal ecchi anime...this might be a new change in the usual ecchi anime. Vampire harem...might be interesting....
While I'm never bored by any ecchi anime, the concept of Vampire harem has my undivided attention. Bring it on.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 16:18   Link #6
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai_nezumi View Post
It does get old after a point ... I followed the series up until volume 4 before I just completely lost interest ... the story begins to rehash itself (just with different opponents) and introduce new, but ultimately boring, filler characters.
It is indeed true that after a moment, the chapters start to resemble each other with the same structure, each opponent momentarily causing problems between Moka and Tsukune, who often ends up unlocking her rosario so that she can unleash her vampire within.

However, there have been, as of lately, quite important plot turns and character developments, the biggest of which has been previewed/initiated in volume 3 - and they made better grounds for a more interesting synopsis.
Spoiler for VERY important spoilers for later volumes:
IMHO, if they were to make an interesting season, they'd have to go at least to vol. 07/08, where the developments reach their peak. Otherwise we'd be stuck with a 'monster of the week' routine that I'm not sure I'd follow...at least not without loudly voicing my disapprobation.

Also, one winning point IMO for the series is the very nice, detailed art. I particularly like the way the author draws the characters (both humanoid and in monster form), especially in action. It even becomes better in the later volumes.
Old 2007-06-01, 16:40   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
The female lead is Maka, a vampire who only hangs with Aono as her food source…at first
hahaha...how classic...it feels like ive see this type of plot before :3
but vampire harem is a first...smells like karin but times it by a few factors XD

gimme an anju type and ill be over this series like bees hovering around honey

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 17:41   Link #8
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Woot Rosario Animated!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 17:46   Link #9
ImClueless
Rawr

Is Rosario wacky like Magikano or Seto no Hayanome? Personally, I have found that supernatural harems work best on me when theres lots of wackiness involved. Bring in the Magikano director!
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 19:22   Link #10
cangri21
Banned

i personally love a anime when there's vampires involved and in this one she actually sucks his blood not many other one's. and to pull it even further ahead it is a ecchi/romamce/action type deal
cangri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 07:28   Link #11
Honey_and_Cleaver

I dont mind the ecchi but not another shounen bum.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 20:48   Link #12
Super Ska Master

another monthly jump title gets animated. I wish Kurohime would. Scratch that, there are a bunch of weekly jump series that I would rather be animated. Muhyo and Neuro particularly. Jaguar kind of got animated with the "flash anime" DVD and the live action movie. =/
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 21:13   Link #13
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
Is Rosario wacky like Magikano or Seto no Hayanome? Personally, I have found that supernatural harems work best on me when theres lots of wackiness involved. Bring in the Magikano director!
Mmm.... no. It gave me more of a Mx0 feel than Magikano. I didn't think the series was that funny, but that's just my personal preference. But either way, I enjoyed reading it (I think I have read up to vol 5 of it)
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 22:17   Link #14
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Rosario is admittingly not terribly interesting. Neither the plot nor the characters seem unique, and even the comedy that follows sometimes just doesn't register on my radar. But like Renegade334 said, the best parts will come in manga volumes 7 and 8.

Well, as long as they don't stick to the manga storyline too much, or perhaps if the seiyuus can instill more spirit into the characters, or if the animation isn't half bad...

I can dream, can't I?

Oh, by the way, it's not really a vampire harem, more like a monster harem. Cute monsters and creatures of the occult, that is.

Cheers.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 10:15   Link #15
cangri23_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Well, as long as they don't stick to the manga storyline too much, or perhaps if the seiyuus can instill more spirit into the characters, or if the animation isn't half bad...
the part of the manga i really wish they would stick to is the relationship between the two main characters I hope is not something that gets dragged out endlessly you know because in it we see their true feelings from early on.
cangri23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 02:32   Link #16
prince leon
red knight

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Moka (ESPECIALLY her super vampire side) and the others animated.
Old 2007-06-04, 14:02   Link #17
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A vampire harem, eh ? Sounds interesting - i am willing to check this one out. A question for the manga readers - does the romance actually go anywhere, or ...
Old 2007-06-04, 17:02   Link #18
UPR

yeah it does and im saying very empatically because i thought the same thing, And I thought it would be same story you know boy falls for girl and she very dumb about his feelings but no way she notices his feelings from chapter 1 and even though they say at first friends (don't stop reading and continue) by the end of chapter 1 you see they want more than that. And we get to see her get very very jealous about other girls. And if this is a spoiler than sorry.
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 18:56   Link #19
UPR

hey any ideas on who the voice actors should be????
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 05:49   Link #20
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
A vampire harem, eh ? Sounds interesting - i am willing to check this one out. A question for the manga readers - does the romance actually go anywhere, or ...
Spoiler:

Cheers. I hope this helps.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire