AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-30, 20:05   Link #521
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so just a question: who are the level 5s in the city? Misaka, Accelerator, then who else?
Spoiler for Light Novel:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-30 at 21:34. Reason: Added quote and spoiler tag
Old 2010-10-30, 21:02   Link #522
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ah, cool. thanks for the quick reply. where is this info revealed? like from watching only the anime, its not presented at all. i'm going to pick up the manga soon though.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-10-30, 21:04   Link #523
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
ah, cool. thanks for the quick reply. where is this info revealed? like from watching only the anime, its not presented at all. i'm going to pick up the manga soon though.
It's actually in the Light Novels I believe- and in extras. But Accel is explicity stated as number one, Mikoto is stated as number 3, and every time a level 5 appears, they are stated which one they are.
Old 2010-10-30, 21:54   Link #524
giorno

espers number 1(accelerator) and 4 have appeared in railgun manga as well(and number 5 was nominated too i think? it's the other level 5 of tokiwadai). The others are from the Index novels
Old 2010-10-31, 00:29   Link #525
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I'd actually suggest that you read the original light novels translated on baka-tsuki.org, as the manga currently is only up to the Hyouka arc and it's an adaptation of the light novels as well. The light novels are much more detailed and interesting, and the ones completely translated are the ones that are going to be adapted into the second season so you can look into advance what's going to happen and compare it to how the anime adapts it.

Kakine was introduced in volume 15. Mugino was introduced in the Railgun manga and in volume 15 as well. The Queen's been mentioned a few times here and there. I think Gunha appeared in a couple of side stories, one where he fought Mikoto (and she failed miserably trying to seriously damage him). The current leading theory for the unknown rank six Level 5 is that it's Aogami Pierce.
Old 2010-10-31, 11:39   Link #526
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

For more info on the level 5's:

Old 2010-11-01, 01:25   Link #527
Isekaijin

I'm almost afraid to ask but...

Which girls are there in Touma's harem by now. I mean, apart from Index, Mikoto, Misaka imouto (all the sisters but Last Order), Himegami Aisa and Kanzaki Kaori (or so I've heard)?

Also, is all the magic in that world related to religion in some way or another? They always reference christianism, budhism, shintoism, and ancient religious practices of aztecs and other cultures as far as I know
Old 2010-11-01, 02:22   Link #528
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask but...

Which girls are there in Touma's harem by now. I mean, apart from Index, Mikoto, Misaka imouto (all the sisters but Last Order), Himegami Aisa and Kanzaki Kaori (or so I've heard)?
Spoiler for Some characters not yet introduced in the anime, but all covered in the novels:
That pretty much illustrates it.
Old 2010-11-01, 04:35   Link #529
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for Some characters not yet introduced in the anime, but all covered in the novels:
That pretty much illustrates it.
Well, as of episode 4, only one of those people inside that fanart who hasn't been animated yet. Three of them yes, but... harem moments? Not yet I guess

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-11-01, 04:37   Link #530
Kataryn

I have a question

Spoiler for Light Novel Question:
Old 2010-11-01, 04:48   Link #531
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Also, is all the magic in that world related to religion in some way or another? They always reference christianism, budhism, shintoism, and ancient religious practices of aztecs and other cultures as far as I know
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I have a question

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-01, 15:27   Link #532
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I have a question

It's the aftermath of this fight.

Spoiler for volume 15:
Old 2010-11-04, 08:53   Link #533
LockeManuel

A question:

British Puritan church and Anglican church.

I know the British Puritan church is fictional, but there's a difference between them in the ToaruVerse, or they're exactly the same?

Thanks
Old 2010-11-04, 09:54   Link #534
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

According to the contents page of vol 7, it's actually Anglican Church. We refer to it as the British Puritan Church mainly because we're used to it from subs. Eclipse's, was it?

There's also the fact that when translated literally, it reads as just that, "English Purist Church"
Old 2010-11-04, 10:50   Link #535
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

This is the 17th time I've been asked this question. Yes, I counted.

I think it's more because of the literal translations which Eclipse probably derived it from. Of course, when this is a fictional world, the author calls the rules. Translated directly, イギリス清教 becomes British Puritan, but Chapter 3 of volume 7 indicates otherwise, so yeah...
Old 2010-11-05, 14:35   Link #536
thirdlc

I was always wondering why Juujikyou is translated into Christianity, but perhaps is it an official translation officially used somewhere in the novel like Anglican Church is? Juujikyou is obviously modeled after Christianity, but not Christianity itself and has never been called such way. That made me wonder.
Old 2010-11-07, 17:56   Link #537
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Okay, could I just get this straight...

Everywhere I've read that Misaka is 13-14 years old. In the anime, she's known as a middle school student. But I just began reading the manga, and in V1 Ch5 when they're shopping for clothes Misaka refers to herself as a high school student (also, the beginning of that chapter says Touma is in first year of university).

So, how old is Misaka exactly? Are their ages different between the anime and the manga?
Old 2010-11-07, 18:07   Link #538
Ashaman

Shouldn't be. Its most likely an error on the translators part.

Misaka is in Tokiwadai - Tokiwadai is an all girl middle school

Touma attends That Certain nameless Highschool - you know, a high school
Old 2010-11-07, 19:44   Link #539
giorno

Misaka is a 2nd year middle schooler IIRC, so 14 years old
Old 2010-11-07, 20:38   Link #540
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

And Touma is a 1st year high schooler, therefore he's 16 years old.

Tags
q&a