AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-22, 18:19   Link #181
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post

Yeah, I know Bravely Second will answer them. I just can't wait because I can't help but ship the obvious OTP's.
What?
Old 2014-02-23, 00:20   Link #182
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Ship the one true pairings of Edea and Ringabel, Tiz and Agnes? (Or Agnes and the Crystals?)

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 02:32   Link #183
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Spoiler for rant:

I mean, I'm one of the few people who didn't mind Endless Eight because of the subtle changes, but this copy paste game design was just pure laziness.

And pffft, Ringabel? Alternis is so much cooler, not to mention his name is awesome (kinda want to change my handle now to AlternisDim actually lol). Plus it's pretty much a given considering that Alternis and Edea are pretty much like Braev and Mazher... childhood friends that are 5 years apart. XD

Spoiler:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 05:26   Link #184
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I dunno, in these type of games I'd typically gravitate towards the vanilla protagonist like Tiz. But Ringabel is just so fleshed out that damn, I can't help but root hard for him. XD

Old 2014-02-23, 20:08   Link #185
Hana
izumi

So I have this game coming in the post in two days! I'm pretty excited! ^.^ Any tips or things I should keep in mind as I start the game?
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 09:35   Link #186
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
So I have this game coming in the post in two days! I'm pretty excited! ^.^ Any tips or things I should keep in mind as I start the game?
Have Friends who is further in the game to "share" Ability Link for early access to job's skills?

Somebody here have a level 11 Monk (need to check)... Thanks to him, I had been Pressure Point-ing my enemies to death in early part of the game.

Edit:
Monk is awesome because the class don't actually need weapon.

You can target multiple enemies using Spell that mention that it can group cast by moving cursor upwards (there is the [All foe] option... which you might miss out if you are just numbly pressing the A button)

'Y button' in battle make combat go full auto mode.... useful for grinding against enemies you can kill in one-hit but be careful, some monsters are tough... press Y button again to disengage auto-pilot mode.
Old 2014-02-25, 02:11   Link #187
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
1. As a person above me said, become friend with a person who have played this game for a while for Ability link and friend summon.

What is ability link?
- It is the system where you can link with other player and allow you to use skill that you haven't learnt but your friend has learnt.

Be aware that this system may make a game become too easy for you. Think about how you can throw an end-game skill at a mob you encounter outside the first town. So, use it at your own decision.

What is friend summon?

- One of battle commands during a battle allow you to summon a friend characters from your 3DS friend list to support you in the battle.

This can also break the game if you decide to summon a friend who can do like 9999 damage to enemy in an early part of a game. So, again, use it at your own decision

With those in mind, My FC is: 4656-7099-7563. I have maxed all jobs except 1 job that I haven't obtain yet.

2. Update data everyday. You can update a new friend with this option. Moreover, you will get 3-5 villagers per days for a town rebuilding mini-game. This mini-game will give you a special move and equipment to use in the main game.

3. Warning: A spoiler is around the internet. You might not want to accidently spoiled yourself on the game 'plot twist'.

Last edited by Marina2; 2014-02-25 at 02:30.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 02:16   Link #188
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I got the game right now, Here is my FC for it
FC: 2509-2107-3231

I am still on Chapter 1, doing the Submissions.
Old 2014-02-26, 09:09   Link #189
Marina2

Spoiler for Chapter 7:
Old 2014-02-27, 07:03   Link #190
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 7:
Good luck with that, you're gonna need it.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 19:08   Link #191
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Wow. I've been playing this, and the story was too good so I watched an LP to the finish and wow! This was amazing. I'm still playing it and it's really, really fun.

So this was based on both Dragon Quest and Final Fantsy? It shows because I really like a lot of things in this game. Also, that single by Linked Horizon... how nice.

Honestly, it's really convenient being able to customize the difficulty and see the nice cutscenes, and it's fun picking up items on the ground that are invisible like in FF IX.

Though after seeing the four minute preview for Bravely Second, I'm looking extremely forward to that.

The music in this game is really good.

If I have one complaint, which doesn't really bother me, I would have liked it if they had made the towns like Dragon Quest towns rather than FF towns. Ever since DQ III you could rotate the screen 360 degrees to get a full 3-d environment (not just 3-d images popping out) except in DQ ix where they made it like 180 degrees, but anyway, I would have liked to see more 3 dimensional towns/caves.

Otherwise, everything has been pretty amazing so far and the characters are absolutely hilarious. Though my favorite one has to be
Spoiler:
though Ringabel is hilarious as well.

This is the first time since FF tactics advance that I enjoyed a FF style console game so much.

I still prefer Dragon Quest VIII to this, but this really was/has been an amazing game. I can't wait to play more, the music is too addicting.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 00:42   Link #192
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'd say this has more to do with SaGa than Dragon Quest personally. BP resource management (or later on, exploiting ways to abuse BP gain XD) is probably the biggest one, and the amount of 'broken' things you can do if you find the right combination of job/skills/items is astounding. You can liken Braving to Overdrive, and Hasten Time is, well, like Hasten Time.

Oh yeah, SaGa's trademark 'slice of moon, ice, and flower' is present in the Katana specials. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 11:18   Link #193
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I'd say this has more to do with SaGa than Dragon Quest personally. BP resource management (or later on, exploiting ways to abuse BP gain XD) is probably the biggest one, and the amount of 'broken' things you can do if you find the right combination of job/skills/items is astounding. You can liken Braving to Overdrive, and Hasten Time is, well, like Hasten Time.

Oh yeah, SaGa's trademark 'slice of moon, ice, and flower' is present in the Katana specials. XD
I've never played/heard of SaGa before, it seems interesting. Maybe I should get some Japanese DS games of it.

It's interesting to me that the music for this game is made by the people who did the Attack on Titan Openings, now wonder it's so amazing. I wonder if this would be more popular, if more people knew that?
Old 2014-02-28, 16:56   Link #194
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I've never played/heard of SaGa before, it seems interesting. Maybe I should get some Japanese DS games of it.

It's interesting to me that the music for this game is made by the people who did the Attack on Titan Openings, now wonder it's so amazing. I wonder if this would be more popular, if more people knew that?
Yeah, Revo. He does some really good music for this game, especially the ever-popular(?) Asterisk-holder's battle BGM. I also like "The Evil Wings" (<-- My translation, don't know official English name)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 16:59   Link #195
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yeah, Revo. He does some really good music for this game, especially the ever-popular(?) Asterisk-holder's battle BGM. I also like "The Evil Wings" (<-- My translation, don't know official English name)
"That person's name is..." my favorite BGM from the entire track. I dunno why. The beats and lyrics just click to me. XD

Old 2014-02-28, 17:03   Link #196
Homura7

My favorite would be...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 17:17   Link #197
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

^
The song name itself isn't really a spoiler, since no one can tell the meaning behind it unless they played the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
"That person's name is..." my favorite BGM from the entire track. I dunno why. The beats and lyrics just click to me. XD
A lot of the music have a song-version to them, but I've never really liked them. Guess the non-song version is just so good and the song distracts from the actual music.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 01:14   Link #198
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

I reaaaalllly want to play this game SO BAD. I've been playing the demo for the last week just to satisfy my urge to play the full version its so addicting I never expected it to be so addicting!! Ahh
Old 2014-03-01, 01:39   Link #199
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
My favorite would be...

Spoiler for spoiler:
I think I prefer
Spoiler for spoiler:

Also, the theme that plays during most cut-scenes is amazing. And the music that plays whenever
Spoiler for spoiler:
is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
^
The song name itself isn't really a spoiler, since no one can tell the meaning behind it unless they played the game.

A lot of the music have a song-version to them, but I've never really liked them. Guess the non-song version is just so good and the song distracts from the actual music.
The ending credits music is incredible too of course. I like the concert version as well, but when I'm playing the game prefer the music without lyrics.
Old 2014-03-01, 02:47   Link #200
Marina2

Finished the game yesterday!!!

For soundtrack I like Final boss theme, Wicked Flight, you're my only hope and Baby bird.

Tags
3ds, bdff, bravely default, square-enix