AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: What'd you think bout the episode?
Perfect 10 6 20.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 24.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 34.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 17.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-07, 10:03   Link #21
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Kudelia just started doing Prep....I cant even....
The old one was just for Mars people which is useless for current her.
so, she need to made new one.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 10:06   Link #22
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

WHY THE FUCK DID ATRA TRIED SO HARD TO NTR HERSELf holy shit
Old 2016-02-07, 10:14   Link #23
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
She already accepted harem route few episodes ago
Old 2016-02-07, 10:15   Link #24
Galaxian

Harem Route is strong with this one!!!

All kidding aside, despite being mostly a set up episode with a bit of character building, it was superb. I specially like how, as soon as Orga realizes that the "adults" have been making deals behind their back, he's instantly offered a deal behind the adults' back. Also, the younger kids offering up their candy in memory of Fumitan is heartbreakingly sweet,
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 10:36   Link #25
Wandering Soul

Mika truly is a boss. First he casually greets Chocolate man when he meets him again and now he truly is taking Naze's advice. I'm sure he would be proud if he could see Mika now.

Orga is an interesting position. He is now keeping a huge secret from one of his own allies. It's ironic that he was talking about the adults having background deals going on and is now involved in one.

That scene of the kids writing Fumitan's name was a nice touch.
Old 2016-02-07, 10:37   Link #26
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What on earth? Stopping a battle with just one's voice? Is Okada a Trojan Horse sent by Satellite in order to 'Macrossify' Gundam?

Another departure is Masked Guy working with the MC, though to be fair there's still a lot of time for them to fight each other if the 2nd season is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
I get what you're saying, since she still feels inferior to Kudelia. A few episodes back she entertains the idea of being a harem simply because she doesn't feel like she can win against a person of her caliber. So I guess her motto is "If you can't beat them, join them", but that doesn't mean I like it. C'mon Atra, show some spine like you did in Dort and claim your man. Down with the Harem ending!

I mean, if Lafter is starting to fall for Aki (thus the first to break the harem), there's good hope that this won't truly end in harem with Mika. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 10:44   Link #27
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
What on earth? Stopping a battle with just one's voice? Is Okada a Trojan Horse sent by Satellite in order to 'Macrossify' Gundam?
No, Gundam 00 did that.

Ending war though song my a$$.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 10:59   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Ending war though song my a$$.
The song in both 00 & SEED was never a means to end the war (this is Gundam, not Macross). Marina & Lacus made and released their songs to inspire people and nations to seek peace. There's nothing wrong, silly or dumb about that when we also have the likes of Michael Jackson's songs IRL that encourage us to not be racist and also care more about Earth & nature.
Old 2016-02-07, 11:18   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Do people look for "idols" (not the term I'd use), for singular people to save them? Maybe. But why a teenage girl?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 11:38   Link #30
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I get what you're saying, since she still feels inferior to Kudelia. A few episodes back she entertains the idea of being a harem simply because she doesn't feel like she can win against a person of her caliber. So I guess her motto is "If you can't beat them, join them", but that doesn't mean I like it. C'mon Atra, show some spine like you did in Dort and claim your man. Down with the Harem ending!
I don't quite look at it that way. I think in this scene, it has nothing to do with "beating" anyone; she sees Kudelia as a member of her family, and she knows Kudelia likes Mika. The important element is that Atra wanted Kudelia to feel better, and thought Mika consoling her would help her a little. It was kinda up-in-the-air for a while how Mika felt about Atra(at least from Atra's perspective) even given the 'smelling the armband' scene 10+ episodes ago, but I think the scene he saves her in on the Dort colony pretty much told her how much he cares about her; in terms of in-story, I don't think she has anything to worry about.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 11:44   Link #31
Shlugo

Hot damn, Kudelia is amazing. She had revealed Gjallarhorn dirty deeds to whole solar system and had them back off with just words. No wonder Mika was impressed.

Gali Gali is really annoying. A pampered noble who's ego got hurt when he got beat by kids. I hope he dies soon.

I loved how Mika immediately saw through Chocolate man disguise like it wasn't even there. Seems Pedo Char aim is what we predicted, using Kudelia's revolution to force changes in Gjallarhorn.

Orga realized Tekkadan must step up it's game so it's not used as a pawn by everyone

The old man from African Union cracked me up. Not much of a princess he is.

Kudelia dealing with her grief from losing Fumitan and the disgust that she has to make deals with people who had their hands in that was really well done. She wants to stay strong, but what she really needed was a shoulder to cry on before moving on to the battles yet to come.

Some great character development for Mika. Rather than just being passive and going with the flow he though things out and swore fealty to Kudelia. She must've really left a strong impression on him.

Great episode all around.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 12:34   Link #32
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
The old man from African Union cracked me up. Not much of a princess he is.
If that's the man Kudelia is meeting, then he should be from Arbrau.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 12:49   Link #33
spacewolf

Ending scene

Can someone explain the ending scene after kudelia and atra crying, everyone look sad, are they listening kudelia and atra crying via console ? they see writing Fumitan name at pad , how come the crew feel so close to fumitan?
spacewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 13:05   Link #34
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
Can someone explain the ending scene after kudelia and atra crying, everyone look sad, are they listening kudelia and atra crying via console ? they see writing Fumitan name at pad , how come the crew feel so close to fumitan?
Because she has been with them since they started Tekkadon and she has worked with the crew teaching them how to run the ship. Keep in mind they have all been locked up in a some what small ship for how ever long the series has been going.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 14:19   Link #35
BoyTitan

The hareem continues look what you did Nazi.

This series is like gundam realize its fans have grown up and decided to give them a more mature but at the same time humorous story.

I know the kids miss fumitit I mean fumitan. Fumitan was the breast i mean best. Ok I am done with boob puns now sorry.
Old 2016-02-07, 14:57   Link #36
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
I'm pretty sure no one is listening to Atra and Kudelia crying. As for why everyone feels so close to Fumitan, she was with them when they first boarded the ship. She has helped them and she was on that ship with them for a while. She even comforted some of the kids when they were feeling sad. It's no wonder they miss her.
Old 2016-02-07, 15:02   Link #37
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Do people look for "idols" (not the term I'd use), for singular people to save them? Maybe. But why a teenage girl?
Think Miley Cyrus, who's the main figurehead to stop the wolf hunting in Western Canada. Why do people buy into what she say instead of expert research that shows the wolf hunt is needed? Also, think Emma Watson.

If we go on a stretch, think how many girls support Justin Bieber, and think how close Trump is to being President.

Reality is Irrational at their finest.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 16:07   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Trump isn't a teenage girl. If you're brain dead, you can kinda see him as a father figure, and if you don't know his financial history, you can believe he's got proven business acumen.

It's one thing to listen to mascots, especially for things that don't really matter. But who the hell would risk their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to follow them?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2016-02-07 at 17:48.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 16:41   Link #39
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Trump isn't a teenage girl. If you're brain dead, you can kinda see him a father figure, and if you don't know his financial history, you can believe he's got proven business acumen.

It's one thing to listen to mascots, especially for things that don't really matter. But who the hell would risk their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to follow them?
Good business man not same as good politic man .
Old 2016-02-07, 16:47   Link #40
dienrachen

Even if you don't follow them, they influence thougths and feelings. That's worth a lot more than one would first think - individuals might be clever, but masses are ignorant savages running on pure gut feelings.

Trump is a very good example, but IMHO not how you think. I doubt anyone would see him as a father figure, or that his success as a business man would factor in. He is simply giving the masses the chance to voice their repressed urges. The desire for safety is one of the most principle ones, you see.

Kudelia could well work the same way. We'll see if she does, I guess....
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion