AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 10:30   Link #1261
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Great ending. Yay for Nana Mizuki.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 10:47   Link #1262
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
As for this episode, I still prefer the 5th more than this one, and the 5th is still my most favourite so far. However Azaka shines in this story in her own charming way, which is a nice change of pace and atmosphere after all the episodes that previously centred on Shiki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I LOVED Azaka since she felt like an actual anime character for once. Buoyant, loud and slightly obnoxious and cute.
I agree with these.
I felt like they tried to force Azaka's cuteness in the beginning and it felt kind of awkward, but later on she became more likable and the story more engrossing.

Yay for Azaka! I definitely thought she could be from a fighting game during the fight scene, and the end [before the credits] was nice.

Delicious ending, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
I'm talking about the God's Word mentioning he was sent by Araya to the school, and I think you got the order wrong, not me XD. Chronologically, Shiki going to the mage school happens after the mansion incident, not before according to the wikia. So, can someone explain to me what he was talking about with Shiki being consumed when recalling her oblivion from 2 years ago? WHY was he trying to find this memory of Shiki's for Araya, and he claims Shiki was trying to find it? What is this memory? Is it when her male personality died? Also, the whole God's Word Mayday thing Touko was talking about is related too, and I don't get it either. What exactly didn't work? Was his Mayday mentioning he was going to replay Shiki's memories, and that was supposed to consume her? What did Touko mean by he was designated to sealed wasted his efforts? Someone answer that's knowledgeable that read the books
That doesn't mean Araya couldn't have called him before he died.
A lot of this sounds like material that will be covered in the final movie. Remember that, although these are standalone movies, there will be a lot of questions that will remain unanswered because the series isn't finished.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 10:53   Link #1263
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Remember that, although these are standalone movies, there will be a lot of questions that will remain unanswered because the series isn't finished.
Someone told me KnK is already complete to read... so I guess 7th movie should answer it hopefully >.>
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 10:56   Link #1264
Gordy Lechance

Movie 5 had me looking from behind dark corners to make sure nothing jumped out at me for a week straight, due to how horrifyingly violent and disturbing it was.

I loved Movie 6. Azaka-chan is so darned cute!! She really brings a smile to my face every adorable-frame that she is in...

...but considering how this is the most light-hearted and least violent chapter of the saga, why do I get the feeling (combined with the blood-chillingly violent epilogue after the credits) that this Episode is the proverbial "calm before the storm" before a Movie 7 of truly soul-shattering horror and violence that would make movie 5 seem like Winnie The Pooh in comparison?

PS

I loved the scene where Asaka-chan does magic-fire target-practice with that cute-plushie Shiki Effigy. Laughed my bloody head off.
Old 2009-07-30, 11:40   Link #1265
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
I loved Movie 6. Azaka-chan is so darned cute!! She really brings a smile to my face every adorable-frame that she is in...
This.

The music for movie 6 was really nice. The battle music stood out for me, especially at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5KZFZb9_uU
Old 2009-07-30, 12:00   Link #1266
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just watch the 6th movie. Rather cute i might say with whole Azaka thing.
Spoiler for Other things about this movie:
Old 2009-07-30, 12:17   Link #1267
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Well, chapter 6 is the calm before the storm. It worked for me since it was easy-going (relatively speaking) and a nice breather between chapters 5 & 7.

Now the problem is that this worked perfect for the novel since you could read all three immediately one after the other, but for movies with intervals of 6 months does not work the same and feels somewhat out of place.

Still, Akiha ... oops, I meant Rin ... oh wrong again ... Azaka is my second favorite TM character archetype after Fujino/Kohaku/Sakura

Animation, BGM (godly, probably the best this far), Art and VAs were again excellent.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 12:22   Link #1268
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
This.

The music for movie 6 was really nice. The battle music stood out for me, especially at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5KZFZb9_uU
My fav bg music from the movie.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 12:51   Link #1269
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Just watch the 6th movie. Rather cute i might say with whole Azaka thing.
Spoiler for Other things about this movie:
that along with earlier when Azaka first meet Shiki are my fave scenes in the whole movie.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:15   Link #1270
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Just finished re-watching the movie the second time (mine's from the Chinese subs) and I must say...

AZAKA IS

... Ehem, anyway...

I must say this movie has elevated Azaka's place in my heart . Some people say she's like a less stuffy Akiha but personally I feel she's more like Rin: smart, daruing, a bit of the (adorable) klutz but less pretentious and more forthcoming. There's one or two bits in the movie that tried to make her act cute (which quite annoyed me) but on the overall she ends up to be a very likeable girl, open about her feelings, or at least when she's alone with Shiki . That's what I like about Azaka: she's honest and she's proud of her own convictions, even though she knows they run counter social norms.

And she and Shiki makes a good manzai pair, though it's hard to tell who's the boke and who's the tsukkomi sometimes

On the movie itself, I'd say ufotable delivers a good piece of work again. Compared to the other chapters, this one has a really light-hearted feel and, as Malkuth said, serves as calm before the storm. However, I notice that a major chunk of the plot has been cut off, perhaps to streamline the story to fit into one hour. This imho is a pity, because the original chapter is actually somewhat darker than the movie and some parts of the story could have been clearer/more coherent had they not removed those details.

Imho, they should have kept these parts included (from what I can still remember):

Spoiler for Novel spoilers, recollected from faulty memories. Proceed with caution and take things with a spade of salt =3:

And yes, that last part, that final part after the ED.... (>_<)b

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 17:30   Link #1271
HandofFate

I think I liked episode 5 better than 6.
The first half of 6 seemed to move at a snail's pace.
Spoiler for questions about the plot:
Old 2009-07-30, 17:35   Link #1272
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I think I liked episode 5 better than 6.
The first half of 6 seemed to move at a snail's pace.
Spoiler for questions about the plot:
go read the post above you.

chronological order of movie:

2 - shiki went into coma
4 - shiki woke up form coma
6 - saw fuijno, so it was before 3
3 - shiki first lost her arm
1 - shiki already lost arm
5 - fuijino and kyrie both got a mention here, skiki's fake arm.

is this correct?

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2009-07-30 at 17:50.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 18:01   Link #1273
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Just finished re-watching the movie the second time (mine's from the Chinese subs) and I must say...

AZAKA IS

... Ehem, anyway...

I must say this movie has elevated Azaka's place in my heart . Some people say she's like a less stuffy Akiha but personally I feel she's more like Rin: smart, daruing, a bit of the (adorable) klutz but less pretentious and more forthcoming. There's one or two bits in the movie that tried to make her act cute (which quite annoyed me) but on the overall she ends up to be a very likeable girl, open about her feelings, or at least when she's alone with Shiki . That's what I like about Azaka: she's honest and she's proud of her own convictions, even though she knows they run counter social norms.

And she and Shiki makes a good manzai pair, though it's hard to tell who's the boke and who's the tsukkomi sometimes

On the movie itself, I'd say ufotable delivers a good piece of work again. Compared to the other chapters, this one has a really light-hearted feel and, as Malkuth said, serves as calm before the storm. However, I notice that a major chunk of the plot has been cut off, perhaps to streamline the story to fit into one hour. This imho is a pity, because the original chapter is actually somewhat darker than the movie and some parts of the story could have been clearer/more coherent had they not removed those details.

Imho, they should have kept these parts included (from what I can still remember):

Spoiler for Novel spoilers, recollected from faulty memories. Proceed with caution and take things with a spade of salt =3:

And yes, that last part, that final part after the ED.... (>_<)b
thanks for the explanation.
Kind of disapointed..seemed like the movie cut out a lot of things, like compared to your summary and the movie, the movie covered only 40% of the actual story.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:10   Link #1274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
go read the post above you.

chronological order of movie:

2 - shiki went into coma
4 - shiki woke up form coma
6 - saw fuijno, so it was before 3
3 - shiki first lost her arm
1 - shiki already lost arm
5 - fuijino and kyrie both got a mention here, skiki's fake arm.

is this correct?
Movie 6 is the last one in the chronology, since Shiki and Kurogiri talk about Araya. Don't get fooled by the after credit. I believe you are correct about the rest.

I very much enjoyed movie six, in great part because of delicious Azaka. I just wish they expanded more on Kurogiri's character, his role in the movie seemed pretty much pointless. I had to read the summary of the novel to understand what was up with him. Can anyone tell me if they omitted similar things in previous movies too?
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 18:42   Link #1275
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Moonlit World says: 2, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6, 7

Shiki may not have known Fujino during the 6th movie, but I believe Azaka already knew her. After all, they were talking in the cafe.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:20   Link #1276
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Movie 6 is the last one in the chronology, since Shiki and Kurogiri talk about Araya. Don't get fooled by the after credit. I believe you are correct about the rest.
Spoiler for Spoilers?:

Also, on the blind Fujino, it raises the question as to what Shiki really did to her. To me, it seems that Shiki might have chose to kill her eyes instead of her ability to feel pain to get rid of her powers.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 22:30   Link #1277
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoilers?:
I was stupid enough to watch that part after I just ate...not feeling so well now @_@.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 23:23   Link #1278
orangejuicetang

I just watched the movie, and I thought it was awesome, but did this part
Quote:
Spoiler for Spoilers?:
make anyone else cringe? It was like an involuntary reaction.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 00:40   Link #1279
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
make anyone else cringe? It was like an involuntary reaction.
Nah i was prepared for something like it, maybe not the entire cannibalization, but I thought that he would end up being a vampire so i was prepared for some intense stuff outta him. Oh well guess he wont turn out to be a vamp :[

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 02:32   Link #1280
Lio
Presence

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoilers?:

Also, on the blind Fujino, it raises the question as to what Shiki really did to her. To me, it seems that Shiki might have chose to kill her eyes instead of her ability to feel pain to get rid of her powers.
Poor Fujino... her "I want to live, I want to love" in the third movie was so touching that when I saw her appearance, I felt sad all over again.

Overall impressed with the movie. There's something inside me that resonates with the atmosphere. The mood was captured so beautifully even in the first half of the movie where not much was going on besides soft development. I don't know what happened when they ended the fight scene so abruptly though. That threw the pacing off, and it just felt awkward afterward. Other than that, excellent movie that I'll definitely revisit.

Pissed-off Azaka is so charming. <3

And I thought Type-Moon fans would be well-prepared for "that" scene.
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon