AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-25, 01:27   Link #8841
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
I think the blue light that Godou saw before he passed out is......

Spoiler for ......:

I can't think of anything else.
It was pretty obvious that it was.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 01:31   Link #8842
rickiminato

who is artio?
Old 2013-11-25, 02:33   Link #8843
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
veretragna's brother is mention in vol 1 by the translator in the notes he is called cista ...
Unfortunately, it seems as if Cista was actually a goddess, and not a god, at least according to some books (like A History of Zoroastrianism: the early Period, by Mary Boyce). Unless the masked wind god is actually female, it seems like Cista may be ruled out.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 02:35   Link #8844
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

lancelot was a girl .. maybe the king of the end is follow by women ?
Old 2013-11-25, 02:39   Link #8845
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
who is artio?

A Campione! character.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 02:43   Link #8846
teejmo

And everybody did believe that Lancelot was a male god for awhile - so I guess the author could do the same trick twice.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 02:55   Link #8847
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Would overlap too much with F/sn I think. I seriously doubt it would come to that, it would be too hard to pull that off convincingly. For one, we've seen his face. If he somehow "actually have a female form," that would be the typical shitty harem antics and he better has a damn well good reason for it other than the usual "the harem must be fed".

Lancelot could have had the reason of a jab to Arthurian myths and the Japanese tendency of making historical characters a girl (*cough*Saber*cough*).
Old 2013-11-25, 03:02   Link #8848
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Would overlap too much with F/sn I think. I seriously doubt it would come to that, it would be too hard to pull that off convincingly. For one, we've seen his face. If he somehow "actually have a female form," that would be the typical shitty harem antics and he better has a damn well good reason for it other than the usual "the harem must be fed".

Lancelot could have had the reason of a jab to Arthurian myths and the Japanese tendency of making historical characters a girl (*cough*Saber*cough*).
They were talking about the masked wind god, not the KotE.
Old 2013-11-25, 03:14   Link #8849
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Well, that's fine I guess, though it would be extremely convinient for Godou to meet two [Steel] Goddesses which was said to be extremely rare and in such a short span of time too. What a great coincidence.

As long as she doesn't fall in love with Godou over typical harem-genre weak excuses, I am fine with it. Doesn't matter since they'll die sooner or later anyway.
Old 2013-11-25, 03:16   Link #8850
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

a great hero being follow by girl ... doesn't sound wrong .. =/
we have to remember that the story can go anywhere since he is not actually using the Arthurian legend instead he just might be follow by female gods we got lancelot who was a girl and a god of steel , this wind god might pull something like that but what i found weird is that Donni mentioned veretraghna's brother =/
Old 2013-11-25, 04:10   Link #8851
Gore17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Well, that's fine I guess, though it would be extremely convinient for Godou to meet two [Steel] Goddesses which was said to be extremely rare and in such a short span of time too. What a great coincidence.

As long as she doesn't fall in love with Godou over typical harem-genre weak excuses, I am fine with it. Doesn't matter since they'll die sooner or later anyway.
Interestingly, both would be followers of the KotE.

Guys a goddess magnet?
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 05:00   Link #8852
Trung-t-rung

Well, look like the Divine Sword of Salvation is a bit like a Gate Of Babylon rip-off.
Still, what about the storm God is actually Soosanoo ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 05:16   Link #8853
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

New update. Godou is up for a long interrogation from Liliana and Mariya here.
And from what was mentioned here, it seems this is the first time he used the Ram in months. So that means he didn't use it after his battle with Uldin? I would have thought that suicide dive that resulted in a double KO would leave both of them battered and bruised and would require the use of the Ram. Which means Godou recovered fast after that and didn't actually get injured much. Huh, well okay then.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 05:26   Link #8854
Gore17

The Ram is only used if dealt a lethal blow and Godou's about to die, remember?

And it's been mentioned before that Campione's have accelerated healing as one of their lesser powers.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 06:08   Link #8855
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Guys a goddess magnet?
Somehow I always see him as parallel of Godou even before he appeared in this volume He's a king that attracts other people to join his cause much like Godou eventhough he never regards them as allies from the looks of it

..uh so yeah, maybe the new god is indeed female lol. Then again the hint from Doni makes it seem like it's a he but then again who knows

oh and why is it that I seem to recall certain theory that the wind god is a celtic deity and use spear? I don't seem to recall any sort of discussion about that god (except in irc?) so this might just be my memory confusing me or something orz

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 08:15   Link #8856
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
The Ram is only used if dealt a lethal blow and Godou's about to die, remember?

And it's been mentioned before that Campione's have accelerated healing as one of their lesser powers.
So a fall from that height and speed isn't lethal?
Godou was injured at the shoulder and leg and was also poisoned. Even if Campiones have increased healing and durability, I doubt that it's enough to have him survive that.
In volume 11, a deep slash wound and a broken foot was enough for him to trigger the Ram after his second fight with Doni. If that fall with Uldin wasn't enough for him to use the Ram then I dunno what will.
Or maybe I'm just overthinking things
Old 2013-11-25, 08:33   Link #8857
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
So a fall from that height and speed isn't lethal?
Godou was injured at the shoulder and leg and was also poisoned. Even if Campiones have increased healing and durability, I doubt that it's enough to have him survive that.
In volume 11, a deep slash wound and a broken foot was enough for him to trigger the Ram after his second fight with Doni. If that fall with Uldin wasn't enough for him to use the Ram then I dunno what will.
Or maybe I'm just overthinking things
I know its hard to believe, but that's totally survivable for them even without a resurrection authority. After all, Uldin was just fine and he suffered the same thing. All the poison did was temporarily inhibit his movement. He would have healed that easily while he was unconscious.

He can only use the ram if he dies. Its not just a convenient heal, he has to literally die to use it. The slash caused by Doni couldn't heal because of an effect of Doni's authority, so Godou eventually died.

Last edited by bludvein; 2013-11-25 at 08:44.
Old 2013-11-25, 08:39   Link #8858
kazzuya13

Say guys it did say that any god who possessed a "traveling" trait can travel in time. In that sense does Verethragna count as well because he also has that trait because of the [Wind] authority.
Old 2013-11-25, 09:00   Link #8859
black prince
Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Say guys it did say that any god who possessed a "traveling" trait can travel in time. In that sense does Verethragna count as well because he also has that trait because of the [Wind] authority.
that's true. it even can go from Netherworld to human word but it only activated when someone godou knew is in danger

Last edited by black prince; 2013-11-25 at 09:11.
black prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 09:12   Link #8860
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I know its hard to believe, but that's totally survivable for them even without a resurrection authority. After all, Uldin was just fine and he suffered the same thing. All the poison did was temporarily inhibit his movement. He would have healed that easily while he was unconscious.

He can only use the ram if he dies. Its not just a convenient heal, he has to literally die to use it. The slash caused by Doni couldn't heal because of an effect of Doni's authority, so Godou eventually died.
I wouldn't put it past Uldin to have a resurrection authority on his own as he was pretty lively when they were returning.

That fall is definitely lethal. They both ended up with broken bones and bruises and I doubt the natural healing of Campiones can heal those in just a few hours after they were found.
Spoiler for vol14 epilogue:
But Godou can still activate the Ram before dying in that moment so I'm wondering why it was said that he hasn't used the Ram up until his fight with Artos.

And no, that slash wound doesn't have Doni's authority effect anymore as Godou sealed that the instant he was slashed. The Camel stopped the bleeding of the wound so there definitely wasn't any effect.
Spoiler for Vol11 ch7:
And he still used the Ram after his fight with Doni. So if those wounds had him use it, why shouldn't that crash landing too?

Again, maybe I'm just overthinking things. I'll drop this subject I guess and get back to watching anime.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem