AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-26, 05:07   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 769 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, here's the spoiler, courtesy of Redon, Aohige, and the other folks at AP:

-Chapter title is "Pirate Bellamy". The splash story has Jinbei diving underwater in pursuit of a shadow he saw in the sea. Most likely it's the culprit!

-Continuing from his Injection Shot from last chapter, Law launches a full-scale assault on Doflamingo. Unfortunately, his following attacks don't damage the warlord, who expresses his disappointment that Law became driven by his emotions. He says that they should have stuck to the plan to have Kaidou finish him off if they wanted to guarantee his death. However, the instant Law chose to personally avenge Corazon, his fate was sealed....

-Dofla also says that the message Corazon entrusted with Law in the flashback may have saved Dressrosa from its current state. However, Law disagrees, thinking that Dofla would have come up with an alternate plan to take over the country, anyway. Dofla agrees, saying that Corazon's actions were meaningless. After a bit more banter, Dofla slams Law to the ground, and uses a fretsaw technique to sever Law's right arm....!!!

-While Law is screaming in agony, Doflamingo says he will forgive him as he forgave his father and brother.... with a lead bullet, and pulls out a gun. However, before he pulls the trigger, he gets interrupted by Luffy's fight below him! Looks like the string clone from earlier got destroyed by a Jet Gatling. However, Luffy yells at Dofla for him to release Bellamy from his control, or else the man will die! Dofla complies with Luffy's wish and relinquishes control of the spring man. We then get a brief flashback of Bellamy's past. The younger Bellamy and his crew came from a wealthy North Blue town called Nortis, but became involved in piracy due to being bored of a comfortable lifestyle. Bellamy looks up to Dofla and wants to join his crew, but he gets told that he can only borrow the "symbol", and must return it if he gets defeated.

-Back to the present, Bellamy thinks back to his last encounter with Luffy in Jaya. Luffy tells him to stay put while he backs up Law, but Bellamy gets up and assaults the rubber man with Spring Hopper, his finishing move from Mock Town. He knows that Luffy has gotten stronger, but so has he! The rubber man tells him to stop, as he's practically killing himself, but the hyena doesn't need his pity. He's well aware that he looked up to the wrong person, and how pitiful he became, but it's too late to turn back just because he didn't find the answer he seeks. Even a fool has a fool's honor, after all! This will be his last battle, and he implores Luffy to accept that fact...!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-11-27 at 01:29.
Old 2014-11-26, 15:15   Link #2
Homura7

Best part: No break next week, meaning Oda has long since left behind his throat issues
Old 2014-11-26, 15:39   Link #3
Kerimeos

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Looks like Doflamingo slices off Law's right arm(!!!).
Owwww... redon had said cuts on the other board, so I wasn't sure if he had actually lost the limb or had suffered major damage to it (the wording was ambiguous on Arlong Park's spoiler board), but either way... owwww. Here's hoping he can reattach it with no difficulties. Which should be within his power, but if it plays out differently, then it plays out differently.
Old 2014-11-27, 00:49   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerimeos View Post
Owwww... redon had said cuts on the other board, so I wasn't sure if he had actually lost the limb or had suffered major damage to it (the wording was ambiguous on Arlong Park's spoiler board), but either way... owwww. Here's hoping he can reattach it with no difficulties. Which should be within his power, but if it plays out differently, then it plays out differently.

Well, a couple spoiler pics came out, and I can definitely confirm that Law loses an arm. In fact, it wasn't merely sliced off.... Doflamingo sawed it off. And the worst part is, Trebol is actually laughing about it while poor Law is screaming in agony....

Edit: Updated with the full summary. Enjoy!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-11-27 at 01:29.
Old 2014-11-27, 02:13   Link #5
Kerimeos

Sawed. Alright... given now I've seen the pictures in question, that's really a sick scene.

I have to give Oda props - I've never hated a One Piece villain more than Doflamingo. However... given how the conflict has been developed, especially with this chapter and its content... well, I'm not sure I'm going to be completely satisfied with the beat down incoming from Luffy without any further action from Law.

Since he's most certainly out of this one now. I'm hoping that Injection Shot the man landed earlier still has some trouble to bring to the pink one, at least
Old 2014-11-27, 04:16   Link #6
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Oh finally, Law will be out of action. I was getting sick and tired of Law this and that reading these chapters, so glad we are back to Luffy I missed him.

Now Oda, give him the respect he deserves this arc finally! I hope Luffy does lay a good blow to Dof's head or some place hard that he won't be able to stomach it :P

Guess I'll have to wait till next week to see that one, at least we have no break, that's a blessing itself, Happy Thanksgiving every one!

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2014-11-27, 05:28   Link #7
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I wonder how Luffy's gonna handle Bellamy... Sure, he could beat him easily, but will he find some way to deal with him without killing him?

The way Doflamingo dealt with Law was pretty gruesome, but I guess he could reattach the arm with his abilities once he gets the chance?
Old 2014-11-27, 06:38   Link #8
Ultragunner

Yes, and don't forget he's also a doctor as well, so reattaching the arm later shouldn't be much of a problem (if he can retrieve the arm that is ). However, I doubt that Law will be in direct action against Mingo for a while, but he can still give support to Luffy, eh?
Old 2014-11-27, 06:40   Link #9
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Oh finally, Law will be out of action. I was getting sick and tired of Law this and that reading these chapters, so glad we are back to Luffy I missed him.

Now Oda, give him the respect he deserves this arc finally! I hope Luffy does lay a good blow to Dof's head or some place hard that he won't be able to stomach it :P

Guess I'll have to wait till next week to see that one, at least we have no break, that's a blessing itself, Happy Thanksgiving every one!
After Luffy did to mingo's clone, the beat down is going to be good.
Old 2014-11-27, 09:46   Link #10
james0246

Oh Oda, why must you drag out the story needlessly. I could literally care less about Binami and his angst, especially after coming off of a decent flashback (that was probably a little longer than it should have been). Just get on with the fights Oda, and If you don't want to cover Doffie yet then just move to one of the other half dozen big fights. Instead we get Binami fluff. Bleh.
Old 2014-11-27, 12:36   Link #11
itachi-san314

i'm disappointed law couldn't do much on his own. after all this time he comes up pretty short. i think doffy was right and he should have stuck with the kaidou plan
Old 2014-11-27, 13:45   Link #12
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm disappointed law couldn't do much on his own. after all this time he comes up pretty short. i think doffy was right and he should have stuck with the kaidou plan
One thing Doffy is neglecting is that the Kaidou plan is still in play. Sad is destroyed, Ceasar has been taken away from the island, and all there is left is the factory. If Franky succeeds in blowing up the factory then Doffy loses... he can either be taken down by Luffy and Law now, or Kaidou later. Really the only difference is that Law might not live long enough to see Doffy fall
Old 2014-11-27, 14:10   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One thing Doffy is neglecting is that the Kaidou plan is still in play. Sad is destroyed, Ceasar has been taken away from the island, and all there is left is the factory. If Franky succeeds in blowing up the factory then Doffy loses... he can either be taken down by Luffy and Law now, or Kaidou later. Really the only difference is that Law might not live long enough to see Doffy fall
that's true. given that this is a story, i'm sure the factory will be destroyed and doffy will eventually go down, but the safer plan would have been to let things unfold with kaidou without confronting him like this. law clearly isn't on doffy's level. still though, you're right in that law is fine dying for the cause

i was mainly saying i would have liked to see law beat doffy on his own since this was his cause. but it looks like luffy has to save the day ...again
Old 2014-11-27, 15:13   Link #14
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I honestly think Luffy is just going to take the attack head-on without doing anything about it. He wouldn't counterattack in this situation, because he knows that Bellamy is just desperate and confused at this point, and since he's a good guy now in his eyes, he's not going to punch Bellamy's cheek in again. He might answer his challenge if Bellamy had shown himself to be sure and resolute in his decision, like Usopp was back at Water 7. However, this is just a desperate and foolish spur of the moment attempt. Simply dodging the attack might pose a bigger risk for Bellamy than taking it (he's probably already on the verge of death) and it would hurt him even more emotionally. So what I think is going to happen: Luffy is going to tank that hit like a boss and Bellamy will lose consciousness afterwards.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2014-11-27 at 15:24.
Old 2014-11-27, 16:02   Link #15
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
that's true. given that this is a story, i'm sure the factory will be destroyed and doffy will eventually go down, but the safer plan would have been to let things unfold with kaidou without confronting him like this. law clearly isn't on doffy's level. still though, you're right in that law is fine dying for the cause

i was mainly saying i would have liked to see law beat doffy on his own since this was his cause. but it looks like luffy has to save the day ...again
Well it would be safer in the sense of law's personal wellbeing, BUT the kaido plan did fall a bit short of Corazon's desires... afterall, while Kaidou might put an end to doffy, he might wipe out dressrosa at the same time. Fighting Doffy head on might not be to Law's own personal benefit, but its a risk he's willing to take to save Dressrosa as Corasan wanted. Not to mention that Law might have enjoyed some personal satisfaction from dealing the final blow himself

And while i don't think Law would beat doffy on his own i think its safe to say he's still in this fight... reattaching an arm doesn't seem like it should be a problem for the Ope ope no mi. Still, i hope Law gets the last shot... this is way more his story than Luffy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I honestly think Luffy is just going to take the attack head-on without doing anything about it. He wouldn't counterattack in this situation, because he knows that Bellamy is just desperate and confused at this point, and since he's a good guy now in his eyes, he's not going to punch Bellamy's cheek in again. He might answer his challenge if Bellamy had shown himself to be sure and resolute in his decision, like Usopp was back at Water 7. However, this is just a desperate and foolish spur of the moment attempt. Simply dodging the attack might pose a bigger risk for Bellamy than taking it (he's probably already on the verge of death) and it would hurt him even more emotionally. So what I think is going to happen: Luffy is going to tank that hit like a boss and Bellamy will lose consciousness afterwards.
I don't know, i think this might be one of those overly macho proud "Let the man do what a man's gotta do" kinda moments. Bellamy decided a long time ago that he was gonna dedicate his life to his hero Mingo and has been living that way since; to go against it now would be like betraying everything he believed in and admitting he wasted all those years. He won't betray the path he set for himself just because it didn't end the way he wanted too. He doesn't want to live with pity, he wants to go out like a man
Old 2014-11-27, 16:39   Link #16
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
After Luffy did to mingo's clone, the beat down is going to be good.
Yah, Luffy going to do the same thing with the real thing, only I want him to use King on him

Yah Luffy, show us what those two years of training are for! It'd be awesome if it was like that Z film. I loved that fight, only use that one move on land not under water, forget the name of that Attack but I'm sure it'd be twice more powerful on land

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2014-11-27, 17:26   Link #17
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
I don't know, i think this might be one of those overly macho proud "Let the man do what a man's gotta do" kinda moments. Bellamy decided a long time ago that he was gonna dedicate his life to his hero Mingo and has been living that way since; to go against it now would be like betraying everything he believed in and admitting he wasted all those years. He won't betray the path he set for himself just because it didn't end the way he wanted too. He doesn't want to live with pity, he wants to go out like a man
It's possible, Slayerx. But I'd prefer my version.
Old 2014-11-27, 17:46   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ouch.. Law might use mechanical hand in the future then

anyway, what's wrong with Bellamy? He should just die quietly and let Strawhat to assist Law
I can't stand watching Doflamingo anymore
Old 2014-11-27, 18:05   Link #19
Rainbowman

Violent chapter this is.
Old 2014-11-27, 20:14   Link #20
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 769
Daflamingo shut Law down hard. The MES move(Which Law used on Smoker and Monet) backfired on him. Then Daflamingo grabs Law by the hands(literally stopping his power) and cuts his arm all in couple of moves. This will make the Ope Ope No Mi harder to control for Law. Knowing your enemy can make a big difference. Is Law going to die in this arch? Before he dies will he perform the immortal move on someone? Luffy, Zoro, Admiral Fujitori, and Sabo are the only ones that can take on Daflamingo. Has for the chapter it nice to see it getting more serious when it comes to fighting.

“Pride comes before the fall”
Has for Bellamy it is sad that he going to go down this way. He is broke man trying to hanging on to whatever left of his dignity. I wonder if Oda will kill him off.
Closed Thread