AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 16:53   Link #7901
Destined_Fate

It's been too long since the SEED hardcores refused to gives Destiny a chance even after they got their wish with Kira and Lacus stealing the show and ruining it. I doubt you'll be able to gather much data on it anymore as many topics and the such have been lost/deleted/hidden away due to the creep of time.

And good luck trying to navigate very old Japanese forums.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:53   Link #7902
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
FATkuda is a big Star Wars fan, a fact he admitted himself. He mimicked Dully's HQ to that of Palpatine's, while Shinn was modeled after Anakin. Anakin, as we know, used to be kind and good, until he was corrupted and resorted to power in order to solve all of life's shortcomings (while still thinking he was doing the world a favor).

Of course, Shinn had a happier ending. He was not turned into a bot and retained his love interest (or more a last-minute hookup).

- Tak
explains why destiny kept having it's hand cut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Pshaw, even those in Destiny's development said Shinn x Lunamaria's love was the greatest and so did many fans, especially when the marriage happened.

You underestimate how much of an effect a VA can have when it comes towards fleshing out and bringing a character alive. That and Shinn and Lunamaria's VA's already had a past of playing as Love Interests so it ended up working very well between them, as they were very comfortable working together in such roles, to salvage things that bad writing would have ruined without them.

That and Lacus is the girl Kira settled with, Kira's true love was and always will be Flay while Shinn at least never saw Stellar as a love interest but as a little sister due to how much she reminded him of his dead sister.

Had Flay lived and returned to him there's no way Kira would have ever gotten with Lacus. He wouldn't even let her kiss him at the end of SEED as he was preparing to launch out to fight Rau, ZAFT, and save Flay. They also don't even share the same bed in Destiny nor do they kiss or the such, they're like robots because Kira is a broken man that settled.

Athrun on the other hand than let Cagalli know that he loved her very much so and that Lacus and him were never a thing.
Kira didn't love Fllay or Lacus in Seed (confirmed info) so calling Fllay his one true love doesn't work. Kira and Lacus were living together but they weren't a couple until just before Kira got back into the Freedom in Destiny. There wouldn't have been a whole lot of time to showcase them after that since they were then on the run from the EA, ORB, and ZAFT as well as Lacus choosing to go into space. Just because Fllay died doesn't mean that Kira "settled" with Lacus. People lose those they cared about. doesn't mean they were guaranteed to remain together even if that person lived. saying that he "settled" for Lacus can be just as easy as me saying him with Lacus was just delayed by Fllay's death. The two seemed to be clearly heading in that direction. he just couldn't put his guilt when it came to Fllay behind him. and no guilt =/= love.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-06-26 at 17:25.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 17:38   Link #7903
Destined_Fate

Yes Kira did love her as she was his first as well as his true love. Kira worked his rear off to try to save Flay even if it wasn't smart as it nearly got him killed and when she died he had a severe Heroic BSOD that nearly killed him than.

Kire even refused to kiss Lacus near the end of SEED because in his eyes was still "with" Flay even after their break up and he had ever intention of saving and getting back with her. When that failed he wanted to die but he ended up living. He than settled with Lacus whom he refused to even share the same bed with as he cannot bring himself to commit to Lacus while he's still haunted over losing his true love by the time Destiny starts.

Kira was extremely depressed/emo for early Destiny because of that guilt. Lacus knows he settled with her but she doesn't care because she's "perfect" and isn't allowed to have emotions such as jealousy.

Only by the end of Destiny does Kira finally bury the guilt he has over losing Flay and moving on to Lacus even if she wasn't his first option.

You can't even do a Cloud x Tifa spin here as at least Tifa was Cloud's true love and first love while Aerith was more motherly to Cloud and was only interested because Cloud reminded her of Zack.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 18:10   Link #7904
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yes Kira did love her as she was his first as well as his true love. Kira worked his rear off to try to save Flay even if it wasn't smart as it nearly got him killed and when she died he had a severe Heroic BSOD that nearly killed him than.

Kire even refused to kiss Lacus near the end of SEED because in his eyes was still "with" Flay even after their break up and he had ever intention of saving and getting back with her. When that failed he wanted to die but he ended up living. He than settled with Lacus whom he refused to even share the same bed with as he cannot bring himself to commit to Lacus while he's still haunted over losing his true love by the time Destiny starts.

Kira was extremely depressed/emo for early Destiny because of that guilt. Lacus knows he settled with her but she doesn't care because she's "perfect" and isn't allowed to have emotions such as jealousy.

Only by the end of Destiny does Kira finally bury the guilt he has over losing Flay and moving on to Lacus even if she wasn't his first option.

You can't even do a Cloud x Tifa spin here as at least Tifa was Cloud's true love and first love while Aerith was more motherly to Cloud and was only interested because Cloud reminded her of Zack.
give me irrefutable proof that Fllay was his "one true love". There isn't any. official sources state he loved neither Fllay or Lacus in Seed and I can see that. Fllay he holds a huge amount of guilt towards and being with her only made that worse. so of course he's not going to get into another relationship until he could put the past behind him which is why he didn't kiss Lacus. Knowing that Fllay had been taken onto a ship with a madman because he could get to her isn't going to help. Even if she survived the chances of them remaining together are close to zero. There is simply too much damage. Not once had Kira ever stated that he wanted to tell Fllay he loved her. Just that he was sorry. NO Fllay is not a "one true love", she's a "someone important I need to protect" to Kira which is a HUGE difference.
Old 2013-06-26, 18:33   Link #7905
The American Average
2LMES

why does the true love thing matter? cause like all the relationships in Seed/Destiny felt out of the blue or forced. the only relationship i can back was ShinnXPink Cell Phone.
Old 2013-06-26, 18:39   Link #7906
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You know I don't know why everyone hates on Shinn's fixation on Mayu's cellphone. His behavior with it is actually startlingly realistic for people with such trauma.
Old 2013-06-26, 18:42   Link #7907
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You know I don't know why everyone hates on Shinn's fixation on Mayu's cellphone. His behavior with it is actually startlingly realistic for people with such trauma.
Hmm, I actually think thats a topic that had often been overlooked. I personally haven't seen much, if any topics regarding Shinn and Mayu's cellphone since 2006

As for true loves bit. Just keep in mind, Kira & Lacus were intended to reflect the FATkuda husband and wife. Not Fllay.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 18:42   Link #7908
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Considering how he lost his family and saw their remains, very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
why does the true love thing matter? cause like all the relationships in Seed/Destiny felt out of the blue or forced. the only relationship i can back was ShinnXPink Cell Phone.
Believe me I wish we didn't have to and that you're very much correct. This ate up precious time that could have been committed to other sections of the show.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 18:48   Link #7909
Aquaman OS

I assume because he never got over it. He just obsessed over Mayu and her loss from beginning to end. That and rage. Mayu and anger, that was literally his whole character for 90 percent of the show.

It's bad because it shows how Shinn was obsessed with the past to an almost unhealthy degree. Did he back Durandal because he geniunely believed in the good the Destiny Plan could do the world? No, he just backed it because if the Destiny Plan had been in place 2 years prior Mayu wouldn't have died.

And the problem is it's not just Shinn, EVERYONE had lost people close to them. But Shinn was the only one that refused to move on. He was stuck in the past, and let that control him.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 19:13   Link #7910
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I assume because he never got over it. He just obsessed over Mayu and her loss from beginning to end. That and rage. Mayu and anger, that was literally his whole character for 90 percent of the show.

It's bad because it shows how Shinn was obsessed with the past to an almost unhealthy degree. Did he back Durandal because he geniunely believed in the good the Destiny Plan could do the world? No, he just backed it because if the Destiny Plan had been in place 2 years prior Mayu wouldn't have died.

And the problem is it's not just Shinn, EVERYONE had lost people close to them. But Shinn was the only one that refused to move on. He was stuck in the past, and let that control him.
This is where Character development should come in. If Athrun said to Shinn what he said in the Justice Vs Destiny Fight like 20 episodes earlier we would have gotten a much better Shinn character.

Everyone lost someone is true, and look at the characters that were close to the ones they lost. Cagalli was an idiot for most of the show because of dads death, Flays whole character was based off of the death of her father and how she how dealt with the pain, Athrun loses Nichol gets mad too, takes a Kira death to have him get over it, and Murrue loses Mwu is still hurt by it all the way up until Neo becomes a AA crew member. I Think Marrue deals with it better. The responses from Lacus when losing her dad and got over it in a couple of episodes was crazy. Kira gets over everything pretty quick too in destiny but in Seed I think that little girl that died in Re-entry grieved him for a while in story i forget when he gets over it.

So Shinn isn't the only one that didn't get over death of family/friend, all those character that got over it had someone close by to help them through the pain and to understand them. Shinn had no one to help with his anger and rage, so it just bottled up inside, if he had someone to listen/helped him he would have gotten over it, end of Destiny shows it i believe.

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-06-26 at 19:42.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 19:54   Link #7911
Aquaman OS

Shinn had 2 years with lots of friends in Zaft to get over it. He didn't.

Granted he loses most of those friends once he becomes Durandal's Sith Lord, but still, he had two years and he's still obsessing over it like it happened yesterday. Even Athrun was mostly over his Seed losses by then (The Junius Seven incident brought his father issues to the surface again, but he was over that fairly quickly as well.)

Murrue was over Mwu's death all the way until Neo showed up again. Andy meanwhile was so over Aisha's death that he was totally fine being buddies with her killer.

Cagalli meanwhile was upset for failing to live up to her father's ideals. Not because he died. She was over that in a few days in Seed.

Shinn didn't even seem to WANT to get over it. He dwelled on it. He used it to trigger his Seed mode. And he used it to claim the moral high ground over Orb. He almost gleefully used it to rub in Cagalli's face that Orb's ideals didn't save everyone.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 20:08   Link #7912
Washu-Chan