Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-12-08, 04:03   Link #21
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I have only saw the music video once. Twilight is generally about a teenage vampire protecting a human girl from other vampires?
Social awkward and angsty Mary Sue suffer from bouts of depression and nymphomania . She is rescued from this perineal dilemma by a vampire whose whose Mojo rivals none than that of Austin Powers . And true to any raunchy Fan-Fiction, they go onto have an E-Family and give birth to an offspring who goes by the name of "Son of Sephiroth".

Unfortunately for the readers its taken the author approximately 2000 pages and 5 Books just to do that . Thats Twilight for you =/
Old 2008-12-08, 12:14   Link #22
Langknow

Hi Guys,

I've read all the books in the Twilight Saga, and honestly, I enjoyed them quite a lot.

When a read the first book, the scene where the vampire family was playing baseball was an awesome scene. While reading it I was imagining Dragon Ball Z style speed and power, like super Saiyen style.

And the characters in the book and the history of the vampires is very interesting. And in all honesty I thought that this was more like a shonen anime story and I really liked it.

Here like me break it down:

Bella - Clutzy, not so cute girl, who falls in love with angsty vampire teenager (well sort of)
Edward - Bishounen vampire teenager (sort of)
Carlisle - Smart, Cool, Intelligent, probably wears glasses father figure and doctor

In the books, you also have different "covents" = "clans, kinda of like naruto e.g leaf, sand" of vampires.

You got the rich, ruthless and ruling Vampire Family - Italians
You got the nomads.
You got the egyptians

If this were made into an anime, it would probably work really well.

P.S. I'm not a tween, or a teenage girl, I'm a 23 year old guy who works in the government. I read in my spare time on the subway and bus.

http://www.youtube.com/langknow
Langknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 12:19   Link #23
Thingle
Banned

Paramore's song for this movie sounds good on radio, but when you listen to the mp3 file several times, it turns into meh.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 02:20   Link #24
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langknow View Post
Hi Guys,

I've read all the books in the Twilight Saga, and honestly, I enjoyed them quite a lot.

When a read the first book, the scene where the vampire family was playing baseball was an awesome scene. While reading it I was imagining Dragon Ball Z style speed and power, like super Saiyen style.

And the characters in the book and the history of the vampires is very interesting. And in all honesty I thought that this was more like a shonen anime story and I really liked it.

Here like me break it down:

Bella - Clutzy, not so cute girl, who falls in love with angsty vampire teenager (well sort of)
Edward - Bishounen vampire teenager (sort of)
Carlisle - Smart, Cool, Intelligent, probably wears glasses father figure and doctor

In the books, you also have different "covents" = "clans, kinda of like naruto e.g leaf, sand" of vampires.

You got the rich, ruthless and ruling Vampire Family - Italians
You got the nomads.
You got the egyptians

If this were made into an anime, it would probably work really well.

P.S. I'm not a tween, or a teenage girl, I'm a 23 year old guy who works in the government. I read in my spare time on the subway and bus.
And they got something like that already, and it is called "Vampire Knight" and it is way more better than this crap, besides I walk out of the theater unless than 30 min while looking at this.

and they are working on the second installment of Twilight now, oh joy.
Old 2008-12-09, 21:10   Link #25
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Social awkward and angsty Mary Sue suffer from bouts of depression and nymphomania . She is rescued from this perineal dilemma by a vampire whose whose Mojo rivals none than that of Austin Powers . And true to any raunchy Fan-Fiction, they go onto have an E-Family and give birth to an offspring who goes by the name of "Son of Sephiroth".

Unfortunately for the readers its taken the author approximately 2000 pages and 5 Books just to do that . Thats Twilight for you =/
Nice summary xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
And they got something like that already, and it is called "Vampire Knight" and it is way more better than this crap, besides I walk out of the theater unless than 30 min while looking at this.

and they are working on the second installment of Twilight now, oh joy.
I know! Vampire Knight isn't the greatest thing ever, but it's still better than Twilight.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 22:30   Link #26
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Twilight = fail.

I watched the movie and it wasn't very good at all. I have a few ratings to give it: 5/10 because I felt that there were equal amounts of good and bad; 4/10 because a movie is already SUPPOSED to have more good than bad; 3/10 because I watched some low quality handcam shit on the net (not their fault but, meh); 2/10 because I just wanna bitch.

I read the first few chapters of the first book, up till the second bio class with Edward, and felt that it wasn't too bad. Then I read up to the car and the hospital and enjoying disappointment part, and felt it went downhill. I haven't read the rest soo... it may get better, or get worse. I also read the draft of Midnight Sun, up till the second bio class aswell (unintentional), that Steph released and it didn't think it was great but it wasn't horrible either. Plus, it's just a draft, therefore it'll (hopefully) be refined into something beautiful. Too bad it'll another few years before it's out. I'll probably be forget it by then, or not want to read, or not have time to read. -.-
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 01:17   Link #27
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
Paramore's song for this movie sounds good on radio, but when you listen to the mp3 file several times, it turns into meh.
Read that and had to comment cause finally someone who has heard of Paramore (no one around here has and oddly enough, they are from this area):

I own the bass player's old car and I'm not kidding. You can talk to some of the Tennessee people on Honda-Tech who can confirm this.

Anyway to keep this on topic... sort of. I don't read that often aside from the internet and subtitles so I didn't even know this was a book series but I saw ads for the movie. Doesn't look that good and the book don't sound that grand either.

Moka is the only vampire for me :P
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 03:01   Link #28
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

^ I've heard of Paramore! I'm a fan of Paramore! ^^

You own the car that Jeremy Davis used to own? That's pretty amazing.

Anyway, just wanted to add to my post just now, it's... interesting to see how faithful the movie was to the book (at least, to the small part I read). Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Last edited by Konpachi; 2008-12-11 at 03:41.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 03:10   Link #29
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Yeah, I thought, "Cool, the previous owner of my car was the bass player of a Grammy winning (or was it just nominated?) band. Cool!" But everyone I asked had no idea who they were except my best friend. I didn't even know who they were till I bought the car

And wow, faithful to the book eh? Not often do you see that.
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 08:09   Link #30
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
I recently was dragged to Twilight. I have never read it before just heard people talk about it. The general review is that its a great book series but i was skeptical because most often it was a girl who talked of it. I've heard other guys... who were straight (yes i feel i needed to add that) also say that it was good.

Anyways, so I was forced to go see this show. It wasnt that bad I've seen worse movies that I wanted to see. So if you have a girlfriend or wife and she wants you to go see it, its not as bad as you might think it is.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 08:42   Link #31
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Twilight. .

UUURRRRRGHHHHH!!!!

I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE IT!!!!

Girls in my class have forced me to watch it with them and I was so pissed, I left the theater in the first 15 minutes and went to play in the arcade. I came back 45 minutes later to see Edward giving lame cliched one-liners. I left again.

Came back when the movie is over to the ravings of my friends.

"THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!"
"EDWARD IS SO, SO, SO, SO CUUUUTTTTEEEE!!!"
"YOU DUMBASS, YOU SHOULD HAVE WATCHED IT!!"
"THE BEST MOVIE FOREVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" (Yes, it was that long)
"LET'S WATCH IT AGAIN"

Which they did. 4 times. Continuously. I spent my morning, afternoon, and evening in the theater playing arcade games.

I hate that movie.

If I had to give it a rating, I would give it a 0.0000000000000000000001/10

And that is just because 0 is not possible.

Incoherent plot..

109 year old dude who PHAILED High school, what, 83 times?

Prolly NEVER had a girlfriend.

And suddenly has an erection over some random girl? I DON'T THINK SO!

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 18:05   Link #32
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

The author was pissed off because her fourth book wasn't as liked as the previous three. Talk about not being about to take constructive criticism...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 19:01   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post

as much as i am getting tire of hamilton focus on Anita Blake's sex life. At least Anita Blake doesn't suffer form awkward or angsty. She just point a gun at something and shoot it.

there are other vampire love stories featuring real woman not angtsy emo teenage girls. why don't does ever get a mention.
Old 2008-12-10, 19:38   Link #34
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
as much as i am getting tire of hamilton focus on Anita Blake's sex life. At least Anita Blake doesn't suffer form awkward or angsty. She just point a gun at something and shoot it.

there are other vampire love stories featuring real woman not angtsy emo teenage girls. why don't does ever get a mention.
Ditto for Rachel Morgan in Kim Harrison's The Hallows series. (I adore those books.) Although vampires are only half of Morgan's romantic troubles I quite agree about how trash gets the press while good stories with strong characters go unnoticed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 19:56   Link #35
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Ditto for Rachel Morgan in Kim Harrison's The Hallows series. (I adore those books.) Although vampires are only half of Morgan's romantic troubles I quite agree about how trash gets the press while good stories with strong characters go unnoticed.
being meaning to read the Kim Harrison's books but haven't gotten around to it. Although the main character sounds a lot like Anita Blake and before her the Viki Nelson (Blood series, Tanya Huff).
Old 2008-12-11, 01:28   Link #36
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Rachel Morgan certainly has a ton of superficial similarities with other strong female protagonists who deal with difficult supernatural entities: Unselfconsciously sexy, romantically troubled, capable of kicking butt... Aside from all those basic similarlities there are differences. Suffice it to say that she's a one-of-a-kind messed up human being, just like the rest of us.

We should probably leave this thread to people who actually want to discuss Twilight, though at least this is tangentially related since we're offering literary alternatives inside the genre.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 16:57   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Rachel Morgan certainly has a ton of superficial similarities with other strong female protagonists who deal with difficult supernatural entities: Unselfconsciously sexy, romantically troubled, capable of kicking butt... Aside from all those basic similarlities there are differences. Suffice it to say that she's a one-of-a-kind messed up human being, just like the rest of us.

We should probably leave this thread to people who actually want to discuss Twilight, though at least this is tangentially related since we're offering literary alternatives inside the genre.
reading the other comments it is more like bashing Twilight instead of discussing it.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:26   Link #38
greatpower2

Why is this thing so popular. You know what I'm gonna do I'm gonna wait for it to stop being popular then read it, so I'm not just another person reading it because everyone is doing it.
greatpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 19:45   Link #39
Markie_G

Twilight was one of the worst movies i have ever seen! talk about hardcore cheesiness!
Markie_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 12:55   Link #40
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I wish that people got back to reading the worthwhile stuff. Contemporary writers like Haruki Murakami, Ian McEwan and Martin Amis are around, you know, to edify people's intelligence.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote