AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-25, 18:48   Link #321
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

What the... is that some kind of mental gymnastics because it takes some kind of devotion to a character like Ginko to somehow justify her poor behaviour.

Also the last part is a moot point. Ginko has done wrong ( facts) while you're comparing them to Ai's who has done nothing wrong so far and will neither do because this series portrays everything coming from Ai as positive feedback for Yaichi opposed to Ginko's negative feedback .
Old 2018-03-25, 19:22   Link #322
Norn
Dazed and Confused

At this point you just have to sit back and applaud the mental gymnastics. It's pretty impressive.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 23:56   Link #323
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
You're right. Love isn't, but good character is. As far as we the audience is concerned, violence itself is not a problem. It's whether it makes sense within the context of character and circumstances, regardless of whether a tsundere is involved. Ginko's struggle isn't worth anything? Yaichi's been Ryuo for over 2 months. Ginko's been in love for 10 years. Both their struggles have weight and it isn't for us to say which is heavier.

Tsunderes never justified violence. Character always did.
We do not care about violence in a ficitonal work. What really matters is why characters are using it. Keika was totally joking. I repeat romance with Yaichi was never on the table. Keika used their family relationship and Ginko wanted to help. They're very close.

An actual tsundere would have said a lot more and a trashy one would've hit him for good measure.
Ginko did not act like a tsundere. She acted like a girl who was embarrassed in front of the boy she liked.

Some of Louise's abusiveness stems from her complex from her terrible magic skills, which elicits sympathy. Taiga's got some sad family history which explains why she acts tough. Since this isn't the fantasy setting of Zero, Ginko doesn't go trying blow Yaichi up. She also doesn't break into his home in the middle of the night swinging a wooden sword. In line with the setting, her violence has been toned down appropriately. Hitting his forehead with her fan, kicking him, and stepping on him are pretty tame. Well within the laws of reality and physics.

At this point, I think whatever i said will not enter your reason, but i sill post my view on this, probably my last post about this issue.

He Yaichi held title for 2 months and Ginko in love for 10 years is what you see ??? so tell me, How long does Yaichi have to practice until he can acquired the title ??? It's 10 years of constant practice. 10 years of hard works. Now, does he come to his master for love with Ginko ???? NO, he came for Shogi, so that he could walk further in this path. Does he in love with Ginko ??? No. Does he own Ginko anything or have any obligation to her that she can beat him ??? No.

Again, why can Ginko be forgiven if Yaichi is innocent, like Hiro said before, flip their gender, If Ginko is male and Yaichi is female, there will be countless insult on her already. Yaichi doesn't own Ginko anything. Ginko is in love with Yaichi, but that's not the reason for her to do as she like with him, especially consider that he is not in love with her. This is not just mental gymnastic anymore, it's downright mental Yoga to actually said that love justified violence
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 00:16   Link #324
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
At this point, I think whatever i said will not enter your reason, but i sill post my view on this, probably my last post about this issue.

He Yaichi held title for 2 months and Ginko in love for 10 years is what you see ??? so tell me, How long does Yaichi have to practice until he can acquired the title ??? It's 10 years of constant practice. 10 years of hard works. Now, does he come to his master for love with Ginko ???? NO, he came for Shogi, so that he could walk further in this path. Does he in love with Ginko ??? No. Does he own Ginko anything or have any obligation to her that she can beat him ??? No.

Again, why can Ginko be forgiven if Yaichi is innocent, like Hiro said before, flip their gender, If Ginko is male and Yaichi is female, there will be countless insult on her already. Yaichi doesn't own Ginko anything. Ginko is in love with Yaichi, but that's not the reason for her to do as she like with him, especially consider that he is not in love with her. This is not just mental gymnastic anymore, it's downright mental Yoga to actually said that love justified violence
Go ahead and flip their gender, I'd say the claims still stand. She's not "justified", but love and frustration certainly explain her behavior and give reason that she could be forgiven later under the right circumstances. I've seen characters forgiven for far more of far worse.

BTW, clear up a certain misconception: Yaichi hasn't had the title for only 2 months. The Ryuo title is only won or lost in an annual tournament, so it's been nearly a year since he gained the title.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 00:32   Link #325
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Heroine is always forgiven yo~

Unless it's NTR
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 00:48   Link #326
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Heroine is always forgiven yo~

Unless it's NTR
IF she was the heroine, and Ginko isn't

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2018-10-05 at 22:46.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 09:52   Link #327
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

finale

Spoiler:

It was actually a fun ride!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 10:10   Link #328
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'd sort of suspected it and I think this ep demonstrates the reason they hadn't shown the Meijin's face until now. Up to this point Yaichi had seen him as a "god", a being so far beyond everyone else that even attempting to comprehend him was almost blasphemous. As such, his face was always hidden to demonstrate his mysterious, awe-inspiring distance. This episode, he finally begins to rise high enough, and propelled by the support of all those he loves (yes, even the girl who beats him too much) he is finally able to recognize that, awesome though he may be, he's still a man and he can still be defeated. And as this realization comes to him, as he finally actually LOOKS at him and doesn't just look up at the divine pedestal everyone's built, his face finally appears and sure enough, it's not the face of some incredible man who shines with wisdom and understanding, it's just the face of an average, unimpressive man in early middle age.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 10:11   Link #329
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Ended

Blue Ai monopolized all meaningful scenes
Blue Ai is easily the weakest link in this series
Worst and most annoying heroine
Even worst among the loli characters
If you no matter what have to choose a loli as main heroine, choose Char, you idjit
Another great anime ruined by bad main heroine
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 21:12   Link #330
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 21:21   Link #331
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Loli and shogi and just seems like Yaichi should get arrested for being so shady with all those girls

7/10 Charlotte the best girl
Old 2018-03-26, 21:28   Link #332
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
snip
Spoiler:
Old 2018-03-27, 02:17   Link #333
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Ended

Blue Ai monopolized all meaningful scenes
Blue Ai is easily the weakest link in this series
Worst and most annoying heroine
Even worst among the loli characters
If you no matter what have to choose a loli as main heroine, choose Char, you idjit
Another great anime ruined by bad main heroine
LOL I thought I'm the only person thinking Blue Ai is the weakest link in this series.
Ai is OK-ish at start, but from later-half she's hogging all the important scene to the point she became annoying, even more annoying than Red Ai and Char who got least screentime compare to her.

BTW I love how Meijin face drawn as a cool old man.
Shame that we don't get his face shown when he's smiling; now I'm rooting for him to get that Ryuo title instead of Yaichi managed to defend the title.

Old 2018-03-27, 08:27   Link #334
Ultragunner

The Meijin blew a 3-0 lead
Old 2018-09-14, 12:51   Link #335
tsunade666

I had finally the time to marathon the series. it's fun and amazing. though, I feel that some characters where shafted in time frame. they are still cool.

Tags
loli main heroine, lolicon, shogi