AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-08-30, 23:51   Link #1
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Intuition of Suzumiya Haruhi (New Haruhi novel announced)

https://twitter.com/kadokawasneaker/...67297668440064

‼㊗超速報Party popper
「涼宮ハルヒ」シリーズ待望の最新刊が発売決定 ‼
待望の最新刊タイトルはコチラ!

『涼宮ハルヒの直観』
11月25日発売決定!

明日9月1日から各書店にて予約受付開始!
https://kimirano.jp/special/haruhi_chokkan/
#涼宮ハルヒの直観

New volume, "Intuition of Suzumiya Haruhi", to be released on November 25th!
Preorder at major bookstores starting September 1 (tomorrow in Japan)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-30, 23:58   Link #2
Lex79

I can't believe it. At this point I hope the author just focus on finishing the story as soon as possible.
Old 2020-08-31, 00:49   Link #3
Ichinotachi

It's been so long that I'm not even excited about the news.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 02:01   Link #4
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm genuinely surprised by the news. Was just wondering a couple of weeks back if this would ever see another volume and now here it is. Judge me if you want but even 9 years after I'm still hyped to read this. Hopefully Yen Press can translate this quickly.
Old 2020-08-31, 03:52   Link #5
lann

This is about time! I have been archiving short synopses on the series and knew that another short stories novel was inevitable. My only hope is that Yen Press will include 'Rainy Day', which wasn't included in 'The Surprise', unlike its Japanese counterpart. http://lanssidequest.blogspot.com/20...of-haruhi.html
Old 2020-08-31, 07:58   Link #6
Mazryonh

I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of Haruhi fans around, but what are the chances of this new novel and any other sequels being animated? With the Kyoto Animation fire and the scandals surrounding Aya Hirano (Haruhi's JP voice actress) I'm not sure everything would be in place to get an animated adaptation this time around.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 08:28   Link #7
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Hirano has reprise her role as Haruhi just last year in a Shadowverse collaboration event. She's pretty adamant about Haruhi and Konata.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2020-08-31, 11:14   Link #8
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of Haruhi fans around, but what are the chances of this new novel and any other sequels being animated? With the Kyoto Animation fire and the scandals surrounding Aya Hirano (Haruhi's JP voice actress) I'm not sure everything would be in place to get an animated adaptation this time around.
I'm tempted to say the chances are very low, but since we are getting new anime for even older series, who knows? Maybe if the LN sells well enough.
Old 2020-08-31, 12:30   Link #9
Dextro
He Without a Title

Hirano Aya actually tweeted about the announcement.

https://twitter.com/Hysteric_Barbie/...67902340571136

"Looks like something good came out of the Endless Eight loop"

As for a potential new adaptation I think it's unlikely unless this means a return to releasing volumes. If there's a new volume in the works then maybe Kadokawa will consider a new season for this. Now if that involves KyoAni or not I would be hesitant to say. I can see them going for another studio if they KyoAni is unwilling to go back to a franchise they don't control and/or doesn't have the bandwidth to take on the job. They did ask a different studio to take on Nagato Yuki-chan and the Lucky Star spinoff so there's always a chance that someone else will pick it up. (and also FMP IV but that's a different situation given KyoAni swore off mecha for good after that show)

EDIT: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1300501486506475524

Yen Press just confirmed that the digital release of the new novel will happen day and date with the Japanese release! No wait for the translation at all!

Last edited by Dextro; 2020-08-31 at 13:34.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 15:26   Link #10
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Hirano has reprise her role as Haruhi just last year in a Shadowverse collaboration event. She's pretty adamant about Haruhi and Konata.
That's good news to me. As for Konata though, why is Hirano adamant about her Lucky Star character? Is there more Lucky Star material coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I'm tempted to say the chances are very low, but since we are getting new anime for even older series, who knows? Maybe if the LN sells well enough.
As I said, there are still plenty of Haruhi fans around. And something as old as Full Metal Panic got a new season recently. Hopefully enough Haruhi fans buy the upcoming book to get the animated adaptation rolling again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Hirano Aya actually tweeted about the announcement.

https://twitter.com/Hysteric_Barbie/...67902340571136

"Looks like something good came out of the Endless Eight loop"
It seems that Endless Eight got to be a running joke within the industry itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
As for a potential new adaptation I think it's unlikely unless this means a return to releasing volumes. If there's a new volume in the works then maybe Kadokawa will consider a new season for this. Now if that involves KyoAni or not I would be hesitant to say. I can see them going for another studio if they KyoAni is unwilling to go back to a franchise they don't control and/or doesn't have the bandwidth to take on the job. They did ask a different studio to take on Nagato Yuki-chan and the Lucky Star spinoff so there's always a chance that someone else will pick it up. (and also FMP IV but that's a different situation given KyoAni swore off mecha for good after that show)
KyoAni took a huge hit from the fire. I'd understand if they couldn't take on animating Haruhi again, even if it's "for old time's sake." But I'd still like to see them animate a new season of Haruhi to get a complete adaptation. Why exactly did KyoAni swear off mecha after animating the earlier seasons of FMP anyway?

By the way, is the original illustrator of the Haruhi novels, Itou Noizi, returning for this one too? It's been quite some time since she illustrated one and I'm not sure if she'd come back to work on this upcoming volume.
Old 2020-08-31, 17:29   Link #11
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Wasn't this supposed to be a compilation of published side stories though?
Old 2020-08-31, 19:09   Link #12
Random14

Two published side stories and one new one apparently. Still, as a new novel, the first new novel in nine years, its still really big news. Its been so long even the English translation of the manga already caught up.

Although I'm not that excited but then I'm only a minor fan. I just never expected to see another novel published at all (even a compilation). I could never tell if the series was over or not, though not like the series would have a conventional "end". If this did reignite interest in Haruhi (not that it ever went away) that'd be nice, but we'll see how it goes. Will probably pick up the Yenpress book though, I like it when they release it at the same time.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 19:14   Link #13
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Wasn't this supposed to be a compilation of published side stories though?
According to ANN's article, the novel will contain 3 stories, one of which will be "all-new". (source)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 20:30   Link #14
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The new story is Tsuruya giving the SOS Brigade a challenge through a mystery puzzle. It's over 250 pages.

Old 2020-09-21, 13:48   Link #15
l.kostas

New Haruhi Suzumiya Novel Volume's Cover Art Previewed

https://kimirano.jp/special/haruhi_chokkan/

「鶴屋さんの挑戦」
滅多に使われないSOS団直通アドレスに、ふいにメールが届く。差出人は現在旅行中で学校を欠席している鶴 屋さんだった。「問題を出すから、皆の衆には解答をお願いするよ」というメールに添付されていたのは、謎の 旅の思い出話。それは、鶴屋さんからSOS団への挑戦状だった――
※書き下ろしエピソード

Google translate:
"Tsuruya's Challenge"
An email arrives at the SOS team's direct address, which is rarely used. The sender was Tsuruya, who is currently traveling and absent from school. Attached to the e-mail saying, "I'll give you a problem, I'll ask everyone to answer it," is a memory of a mysterious trip. It was a challenge from Tsuruya to the SOS team.
* Newly written story
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-21, 17:18   Link #16
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Okay, so this does confirm that Itou Noizi is back to illustrate the novel series. Is there anything like an interview regarding what her reaction was when she heard about the series' return?