AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-03, 22:06   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A good result for the match. They couldn't survive to the finish, but they did get a lot done there. Yuma was on a roll and making the most out of the openings he got. And it was essential to get every point possible. Good work by Chika and good call by Osamu. They couldn't let the situation stay the way it was. Yuma wasn't going to win that fight 1v1 and at that rate they'd lose only getting 3 points and Ikoma's squad could clean up.

They did what they needed to do while hitting the limit of their current setup and strategy. Of course it feels wrong to criticize them for having a good strategy . Fair enough that it is a strategy that everyone has to plan around and can't ignore. Of course everyone did the most they could do here.

Certainly throwing Hyuse into the mix even if it is a temporary alliance will help a lot. What kind of playstyle they will use for him isn't clear yet, but he's bound to be powerful regardless. His base skills are definitely in the A-rank level though where he truly falls will depend on how well he can make use of the tools at his disposal. One more elite threat to take the heat off the team will be great.

Of course that's a lot of things to consider for later in the year. But I will say this season has been downright excellent.
Old 2021-04-04, 03:36   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A good result for the match. They couldn't survive to the finish, but they did get a lot done there. Yuma was on a roll and making the most out of the openings he got. And it was essential to get every point possible. Good work by Chika and good call by Osamu. They couldn't let the situation stay the way it was. Yuma wasn't going to win that fight 1v1 and at that rate they'd lose only getting 3 points and Ikoma's squad could clean up.
It's too bad Yuma didn't jump out of range of that last Senkuu. Then Chika could have supported him and they'd have had a good chance for 3 more points.

Quote:
They did what they needed to do while hitting the limit of their current setup and strategy. Of course it feels wrong to criticize them for having a good strategy . Fair enough that it is a strategy that everyone has to plan around and can't ignore. Of course everyone did the most they could do here.
It's not so much that it's good (though it is good) but that it's very fragile in the early stage.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-30, 16:52   Link #123
LG-MAX 2.o

World Trigger was among the most profitable series of the first half of 2021, grossing 1,113,802,121 yen. (26 in 30)

Spoiler for oricon:

List complete

1 Jujutsu Kaisen – 14,866,419,348 yen (over 133.85 million dollars).
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba – 14,205,160,964 yen (over 127.90 million USD).
3. Tokyo Revengers – 3,559,917,867 yen (over 32.05 million USD).
4. Shingeki no Kyojin – 3,135,770,372 yen (over 28.23 million USD).
6. One Piece – 2,524,321,298 yen (over 22.72 million USD).
7. Ume Musume: Pretty Derby – 2,494,889,705 yen (over 22.46 million dollars).
8. Love Live! – 2,356,583,421 yen (more than 21.21 million dollars).
10. Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken – 2,078,518,810 yen (over 18.71 million dollars).
11. Hypnosis Mic – 2,056,115,343 yen (over 18.51 million dollars).
12. Black Clover – 1,954,205,261 yen (over $17.59 million).
14. Fate franchise – 1,797,510,834 yen (over 16.18 million dollars).
15. Yakusoku at Neverland – 1,737,924,506 yen (over 15.64 million dollars).
16. Boku no Hero Academy – 1,708,758,298 yen (over 15.38 million dollars).
18. Kingdom – 1,638,359,937 yen (over 14.75 million dollars).
19. Detective Conan – 1,405,156,855 yen (over 12.65 million dollars).
20. Gotoubun no Hanayome – 1,204,083,214 yen (over 10.84 million dollars).
21. Hataraku Saibou – 1,198,224,676 yen (over 10.78 million dollars).
22. The Idolmaster – 1,195,596,966 yen (over 10.76 million dollars).
23. Ensemble Stars! – 1,167,598,387 yen (more than 10.51 million dollars).
24. Yuru Camp – 1,165,857,187 yen (over 10,49 million dollars).
26. World Trigger – 1,113,802,121 yen (over 10,02 million dollars).
27. Dr. Stone – 1,113,493,962 yen (over 10,02 million dollars).
30. Mobile Suit Gundam – 1,042,319,126 yen (over 9.38 million dollars).

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2021-06-30 at 17:02.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 15:58   Link #124
James Rye

World Trigger season 3 is here!!! Woooot! I waited so long! <3

OP was pretty good, really liked the focus on Old Border as a theme as well as all the throw-backs to the past seasons and some nice scenes of the current teams Tamakoma-2 will face in the up-coming two battles.

Yuri's Ara Ara voice is great! Lol, Rindou about to bash a kid's head in, jealousy is a scary thing. xD

Osamu ending up in Kidos old room and finding out about Border's past, very nice.

Konami dying due her embarrassing past. <3

Hyuse being all pissed how Yuuma is "currently" better than him.^^

And Chika and Yuuma meeting old friend at Border. Seriously, Osamu, you need to grease your own connections sometimes. Time to make some more friends in Border, dude.

All in all, a very quiet and calm first episode. The ED was also very calm, quite surprising to me watching Yuuma fall to earth, dunno what the song was about but I bet it was something about accepting your past and facing the future, that kinda thing. Would make sense considering Yuuma's past and lose so far.

Now gotta wait a whole week till next episode~
Old 2021-10-09, 17:24   Link #125
Blaat

Solid episode prefer the previous OP but I really love the different group pictures of Tamakoma members especially when ten of them fade out in black.

Also with so much talk about black triggers, despite there are only a few of them among the main characters, you can't help but wonder if we're going to see one being formed in the future. And yes I'm aware this probably one of the most popular theory in the WT community.
Old 2021-10-09, 17:42   Link #126
LG-MAX 2.o

Did the animation quality drop?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 18:19   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode made me question again why Border is such a small organization. Even if we work under the assumption Kido only cares about glorious Japan and refuses to share Trigger technology with other nations, it still doesn't make sense for a only a few hundred agents to protect an entire country. Yes, I know there's using a beacon so that attacks/invasions always happen in this city but the day Border falls, the world is screwed. You can't fight triggers with conventional weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Did the animation quality drop?
There was zero action in this episode, it's impossible to tell. Characters were on model at least.
Old 2021-10-09, 19:55   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It is good to have this show back. Nothing intense in this episode since it was mostly just talking and setting up what is coming. But that's fine. Got to take care of this kind of thing.

Certainly it does make you wonder how Border isn't so much more massive than it is. A known alien threat is out there. Yes, the attacks are localized in one country and honestly I don't think the neighbors can even grasp the scale of Earth's population. But if things go badly....they would be nearly unstoppable. Though I do get why the story is limited in the way it is. That's a whole other level of political intrigue, international relations, etc. It would be cool though to actually have a whole army of Canadians ready to fight back in this show .
Old 2021-10-09, 20:21   Link #129
Wandering Soul

I like the focus the new OP gives to the old Border team. Border really should be bigger, but maybe the author didn't want to deal with the effects of making it international or something.
Old 2021-10-10, 04:51   Link #130
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode made me question again why Border is such a small organization. Even if we work under the assumption Kido only cares about glorious Japan and refuses to share Trigger technology with other nations, it still doesn't make sense for a only a few hundred agents to protect an entire country. Yes, I know there's using a beacon so that attacks/invasions always happen in this city but the day Border falls, the world is screwed. You can't fight triggers with conventional weapons.

There was zero action in this episode, it's impossible to tell. Characters were on model at least.
I remember that in Q&A it was said that Border got other agents in other countries, but that there they work as undercover agent since kidnapping happen rarely over there due all the beacons being led to Mikado City. So if Border were to fall they got others who could crate new strongholds or in a desperate measure share their trion technology with the government of the country they are hiding/observing Neighbor activity in.
That latter option ofc would open a whole new box of pandora.
Old 2021-10-10, 05:40   Link #131
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I remember that in Q&A it was said that Border got other agents in other countries, but that there they work as undercover agent since kidnapping happen rarely over there due all the beacons being led to Mikado City. So if Border were to fall they got others who could crate new strongholds or in a desperate measure share their trion technology with the government of the country they are hiding/observing Neighbor activity in.
That latter option ofc would open a whole new box of pandora.
But it's still weird that humanity's defense relies so much on a small number of teenage part-timers.
Old 2021-10-10, 07:36   Link #132
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But it's still weird that humanity's defense relies so much on a small number of teenage part-timers.
True that, but it seems "neighbor nations" are often pretty small themselves and not quite that wealthy considering how impressed Reghi was with the lights in Mikado City and the size of the city and the food in it and so on. For all they know Mikado City is the capital of the Meeden nation and they send in Bamsters and other capturing Trion Soldiers cause those are cheap to produce.
Since those are basically robots with programmed moves it also means it is easy to defend against them once you got enough training and equipment. So teenagers are enough to defeat those regular invaders. And the reason we got teenage soldiers on Earth/Border's side is the whole trion organ growth argument. Plus plenty of the A ranks and some B ranks are above 18 so, I don't see them as teenagers anymore. Double plus, some armies in the world accept people entering their forces as young as 16. Border is just pushing that argument all the way to elementary school, lol.

But yeah, obviously it is weird, but I ain't gonna lose hair over it. Same for why no US/Russia or Chinese spies/agents are kidnapping Border agents or stealing their tech to replicate it or try to bribe their way in or try to infiltrate with teenage spies themselves. Like they should have a hard-on for a tech that makes your soldiers "immortal" to everyday weaponry and which basically gives super powers.

About the episode, I really really liked how they redid some of S1 scenes for the OP like Osamu actually lying in a huge puddle of blood whereas in S1 there was barely any to see or the whole spear several shields vs Afto move. Makes me wish there was a redo of S1.
Old 2021-10-10, 07:45   Link #133
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
True that, but it seems "neighbor nations" are often pretty small themselves and not quite that wealthy considering how impressed Reghi was with the lights in Mikado City and the size of the city and the food in it and so on. For all they know Mikado City is the capital of the Meeden nation and they send in Bamsters and other capturing Trion Soldiers cause those are cheap to produce.
Since those are basically robots with programmed moves it also means it is easy to defend against them once you got enough training and equipment. So teenagers are enough to defeat those regular invaders. And the reason we got teenage soldiers on Earth/Border's side is the whole trion organ growth argument. Plus plenty of the A ranks and some B ranks are above 18 so, I don't see them as teenagers anymore. Double plus, some armies in the world accept people entering their forces as young as 16. Border is just pushing that argument all the way to elementary school, lol.
I'm just saying. Considering modern morals, they should confine minors to being cadets who train but don't see actual combat. And the adults should be paid and treated like full time employees, because what are they going to do if the Neighbors launch a full scale invasion during exam season and everybody's exhausted from cramming?
Old 2021-10-16, 15:38   Link #134
James Rye

World Trigger SoL about guys sitting, eating and talking in a restaurant and I love every second of it. <3
Old 2021-10-16, 20:15   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

They are taking their time setting up this match and that's fine. It is a big deal. There aren't many chances left for the main cast to get points after all. They have to make the most of it.

Certainly wonder what Jin saw to give Osamu that kind of advice though. Probably good reason for Osamu to feel a bit stressed since there is so much riding on even just this match. But hopefully he can follow through and not hesitate when the time comes.

An interesting look at Chika. In a sense she's on the verge of turning into an ace in her own right. If she can reach the point of shooting people with actual firepower...things definitely change in a hurry.
Old 2021-10-17, 14:17   Link #136
Nostxlgia
Root

Osamu probably feels like he's not going to contribute as much as is needed. That's why he's so stressed.

There's a major power-gap between Osamu and his other teammates. I like this scenario because it allows major character-development.
Nostxlgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-23, 16:30   Link #137
James Rye

And we're finally off to the battle! Love those wide scene intros with one of the Tamakoma 2 team. Night and a vertical high map, interesting choice by Suzunari-1 which clearly has evolved in some way given the episode ended on their black kogetsu.
I also liked the tidbits about confusing operators to hamper information distribution which ended in Mikumo and Okudera running into each other by accident or Arashiyama explaining how much of a hassle it is to switch night vision on and off for each of the fighters as an operator.
Hyuse and Yuuma will be the key for victory this battle since Osamu explained why his wire tactic won't work this match. Seems Chika will be all alone outside the mall while everyone will have a party inside with all of the other snipers being inside as well.
Old 2021-10-23, 16:44   Link #138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
And we're finally off to the battle! Love those wide scene intros with one of the Tamakoma 2 team. Night and a vertical high map, interesting choice by Suzunari-1 which clearly has evolved in some way given the episode ended on their black kogetsu.
I also liked the tidbits about confusing operators to hamper information distribution which ended in Mikumo and Okudera running into each other by accident or Arashiyama explaining how much of a hassle it is to switch night vision on and off for each of the fighters as an operator.
I wonder if giving fighters more autonomy is one of their technological targets? They should be able to turn night vision on and off on their own.
Old 2021-10-23, 18:22   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I wonder if giving fighters more autonomy is one of their technological targets? They should be able to turn night vision on and off on their own.
They really should. I don't see why that's not an option.
Old 2021-10-23, 19:29   Link #140
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I was honestly surprised they didn't already have the ability to do that himself and are reliant on their operators.