AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-13, 00:45   Link #161
Nerd Saga

Send a message via AIM to Nerd Saga
I thought this episode was really cool. I had stopped reading the manga before the end of this arc so everything i saw was new to me. but i want to go back and read the manga to see what the difference was from the anime to manga. Which chapters did this episode cover?

ps. tsunade's nintendo music was absolute crap. it totally drew me out of show and made me say wtf is this i'm listening to.
Nerd Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 00:46   Link #162
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool On The Hill
You seriously didn't like the Sasuke/disguised Oro fight?? It may have been a bit lacking in techniques or strategy, but I thought it was a really fun one to watch. It wasn't head on punch dodge kick dodge...they were moving around quite a bit, which made it interesting. I dunno why but I really loved that one...more than the Naruto Neji fight anyway.

*Naruto gets smacked around, falls*
*gasp*
*Naruto gets up, does Shadow replication*
*gasp*
*gasp*
*Naruto has huge burst of Kyuubi energy, kicks butt*

uhh yeah.
Sasuke's fight with Orochi just didn't do it for me. If I were to categorize fights into two categories, it would be as such:

1) Fights intensified by story/dialogue
2) Fights intensified by the choreography/fights themselves

Naruto's fights are generally the first category. The thing that hypes them up is more so the words exchanged than the fight itself. It's a battle of the will as opposed to a cinematic masterpiece.

Sasuke's fight in the forest was more so in the second category. It just didn't do its job well. It's not of the same caliber as Cowboy Bebop fighting where Spike's way of moving just amazes the hell out of me. And his fights against Gaara didn't do it for me either. His fight with the Chakra-absorbing guy (Shishi Rendan was a masterpiece of motion) and his filler fight against Temari were great, though.

There are also fights that utilize both categories. Lee's fight with Gaara, as well as Sasuke's fight with the Chakra-absorbing guy... they go along these lines.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 01:44   Link #163
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Sasuke's fight with Orochi just didn't do it for me. If I were to categorize fights into two categories, it would be as such:

1) Fights intensified by story/dialogue
2) Fights intensified by the choreography/fights themselves

Naruto's fights are generally the first category. The thing that hypes them up is more so the words exchanged than the fight itself. It's a battle of the will as opposed to a cinematic masterpiece.

Sasuke's fight in the forest was more so in the second category. It just didn't do its job well. It's not of the same caliber as Cowboy Bebop fighting where Spike's way of moving just amazes the hell out of me. And his fights against Gaara didn't do it for me either. His fight with the Chakra-absorbing guy (Shishi Rendan was a masterpiece of motion) and his filler fight against Temari were great, though.

There are also fights that utilize both categories. Lee's fight with Gaara, as well as Sasuke's fight with the Chakra-absorbing guy... they go along these lines.

I agree with you mostly...except that for some reason, I still liked the forest battle with Oro and sometimes I tend to think Naruto's dialogue based fights stretch out some moments. I do enjoy his speeches now and then, but sometimes, I really want to see him have a good fight - which isn't too common.
Fool On The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 01:49   Link #164
Cayman

Episode 97

This mabe off sub. but i have to say something if u go to www..tv-tokyo.co.jp and c what episode is coming up next weak., u will c that it does not go with the MANGA at all it looks like a hole new Episode. I have read all of the Manga and never saw this episode so is this going to be a new path for Naruto or what??????????????????????
Cayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 02:02   Link #165
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasu
I don't understand why nobody liked the slugs voice. I was curious if anyone knows who that was. I loved her voice and thought it was perfect. I swear I recognize the voice but can't place the seiyuu. Anyone?
I said it sounded like Al from Full Metal Alchemist

As far as what everyone is saying about the punches with Tsunade and Oro, here is my opinion. You have to ask yourself, first and foremost, how does the Japanese view women. I, myself, am not familiar with the Japanese culture...just the manga and anime. So, if anyone that is familiar with Japanese culture, please answer this question, because I feel that that may be the reason why it was about 90 punches in the anime compared to a right jab in the manga.

Last edited by tramadrama; 2004-08-13 at 02:18.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 02:05   Link #166
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman
This mabe off sub. but i have to say something if u go to www..tv-tokyo.co.jp and c what episode is coming up next weak., u will c that it does not go with the MANGA at all it looks like a hole new Episode. I have read all of the Manga and never saw this episode so is this going to be a new path for Naruto or what??????????????????????
Before someone comes along and says it rudely, I'll say it. For the longest time, it has been confirmed that, in order to allow Kishimoto more time to make more manga chapters (since it'd be bad if the anime caught up with the manga), the anime shall take a little deviation and do what is known as a filler arc. It's an arc that does not exist in the manga and is not done by the manga's creator. The only arc I know of that I can use for comparison involves Rurouni Kenshin's Christian Arc. Of course, that arc killed that particular anime series (the series was cut prematurely despite the manga still being unfinished), so combined with the general opinion of Naruto in regards to filler, a lot of people are worried.

Of course, I've heard the person who worked on Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain is writing for this upcoming filler arc, and not all filler is a bad thing (in my opinion), so there may yet be hope. Whether you wish they'd just end the season and re-air when the manga's a reasonable distance off, or whether you feel up to seeing more Naruto footage that can't be anticipated, the fact is this filler arc will be happening.

fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 07:55   Link #167
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Before someone comes along and says it rudely, I'll say it. For the longest time, it has been confirmed that, in order to allow Kishimoto more time to make more manga chapters (since it'd be bad if the anime caught up with the manga), the anime shall take a little deviation and do what is known as a filler arc. It's an arc that does not exist in the manga and is not done by the manga's creator. The only arc I know of that I can use for comparison involves Rurouni Kenshin's Christian Arc. Of course, that arc killed that particular anime series (the series was cut prematurely despite the manga still being unfinished), so combined with the general opinion of Naruto in regards to filler, a lot of people are worried.

Of course, I've heard the person who worked on Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain is writing for this upcoming filler arc, and not all filler is a bad thing (in my opinion), so there may yet be hope. Whether you wish they'd just end the season and re-air when the manga's a reasonable distance off, or whether you feel up to seeing more Naruto footage that can't be anticipated, the fact is this filler arc will be happening.

I hope it holds up as much as the 'Garlic Saga' in DBZ which was totally filler but is my favorite arc from DBZ. It doesn't have to be a bad thing, lets all say a prayer.
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 08:16   Link #168
uchiha masahiro

this was one of the good episodes...not the best?because of the music and animation i think...wasnt it better when oro fight to 3rd and oro fight sasuke ?

why oro didnt die after a lot of tsunades awesome full forced punches?
cmooonn didnt u realize that it is a new body of oro-sama with who-knows special abilities?both tsunade and jiraiya was suprised of him being not dead...
and also the fight between kabuto and naruto was awesome and also showed that kabuto is far more stronger than naruto...

but... as i wrote those i realize something...naruto was almost dead...but who saved him?kyubi-kun or tsunade-hime...i think it was tsunade cuz kabuto mentioned something like that he cut the chakra flow or something...so it should be the answer of what happens to kyubi if naruto dies...kyubi-kun should die too
uchiha masahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 08:26   Link #169
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Eat some pampers.
It's the pampers commercial from the raw. I just couldn't help it. Lol. Besides that, I have nothing else to say. xD
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 08:53   Link #170
Kakashi-nindogs

Send a message via AIM to Kakashi-nindogs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanttuH
Eat some pampers.
It's the pampers commercial from the raw. I just couldn't help it. Lol. Besides that, I have nothing else to say. xD
that baby looks so confused lol
Kakashi-nindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 09:59   Link #171
ZeRoCooL

im not sure if anyone has already asked about this but dident the monkey king Enma take Orochimaru's sword with him after the 3rd died? at the very start of episode 80, just thought it was weird that orochimaru was using it in the last episode.
ZeRoCooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 10:30   Link #172
maziwanka

this is my first post, so here goes....

i have to say that i was somewhat disappointed by these episodes. first and foremost, the animation has gotten considerably worse than it used to be (i.e. zabuza arc). second, the battle between the sannin was anti-climactic - i would have liked to see oro knocked out by one of tsunade's punches (as she is supposed to be ridiculously strong)...

i wonder. if we took oro before his arms were sealed by sandaime hokage and pitted him against tsunade, who would win? i believe that oro would win that battle.....

+ronnie
maziwanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 11:25   Link #173
Mcdonalds

I was disappointed with this ep. What was the point of boasting her super unnatural strength if she needs 20 punches to beat orochimaru up?!? I was expecting something like him just dodging her for a bit maybe attacking back with his legs but wtf, all those punches when one is meant to knock him out. Then those 3 super creatures. Wtf was that slug, had the lamest voice in the world, can't even attack properly, i was expecting something better than that. I haven't followed the manga, but orochimaru getting away is a disappointment, it literally means he can run off each time so that they're never ever going to kill him if its like that. Also what was with Jiraiya standing around, watching Tsunade do it all, i thought that the poison on him had worn off which was why he called summon his frog etc. I would have expected better from both of the sannins against Orochimaru as he can't even do any jutsus, or use his arms, this ep just makes them both look weak
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 11:44   Link #174
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Can't everyone just enjoy the ep? There's still stupid complaints about Tsunade's strength and whatnot. Who really cares? If all you can do is criticize the ep, why don't you go make your own perfect anime. No one is perfect. There will always be plotholes in any type of work. Whether it's due to innovation, etc, sometimes it maybe different. Just accept it. The extra fighting wasn't neccessary, but I guess they wanted it to be flashy. They have to make it fit a certain amount of time, also. So if they're short, let them add the effects.
Technovia_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 11:50   Link #175
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technovia_EX
Can't everyone just enjoy the ep? There's still stupid complaints about Tsunade's strength and whatnot. Who really cares? If all you can do is criticize the ep, why don't you go make your own perfect anime. No one is perfect. There will always be plotholes in any type of work. Whether it's due to innovation, etc, sometimes it maybe different. Just accept it. The extra fighting wasn't neccessary, but I guess they wanted it to be flashy. They have to make it fit a certain amount of time, also. So if they're short, let them add the effects.
*nods head*
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 11:52   Link #176
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
The scene with Kyuubi as indeed in the manga, but most of the scans aren't high enough quality to see his eye(they just look pitch black and it's hard to tell who's talking).
I'll just add that we can deduce now that the sealed Kyuubi is not immortal and that he will die if Naruto dies. This does not say anything about the unsealed (read: before he got sealed by the 4th) Kyuubi not being immortal.

As for the episode: It was one of the worst episodes for me. Partly because I had expectations from the manga for it and they screwed up the conversion =/
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 11:55   Link #177
LunaNeko

Chuunin arc fights were the best, I liked all genin fighting, since it was dinamic and fun. 3rd vs Oro was cool too, but I wasn't on the edge of my seat, chewing my keyboard, like I was during Gaara vs Naruto, Rock Lee vs Gaara fights. Those kicked ass. I think senin battle is entirely different level, plus all of them were not in their full strengh. It was mostly Tsunade fight, so that's why Jiraya was staying away from it. I thought Tsunade protecting Naruto was the best part, and that part when they all did summon - that one was glorious, too bad summons fight wasn't cool enough, although when Tsunade's Slug turned into little slugs, that was cute. I wasn't expecting much from that fight, with Oro not being able to do much and Jiraya still drugged up, so I wasn't too dissapointed. And I am looking forward to the filler. Yay! Noone will be able to spoil it for me now!!!!

And people, you are talking it too seriously again. There will be good episodes and bad episodes, nobody is perfect, be glad we are able to watch it as it airs on Japanese TV, well, about 24 hours after, it's amazing how fast subbed episodes are available for us. And if EVERY episode is going to be criticized like 94, 95, 96 - I'm gonna puke!
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 12:55   Link #178
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha masahiro
this was one of the good episodes...not the best?because of the music and animation i think...wasnt it better when oro fight to 3rd and oro fight sasuke ?

why oro didnt die after a lot of tsunades awesome full forced punches?
cmooonn didnt u realize that it is a new body of oro-sama with who-knows special abilities?both tsunade and jiraiya was suprised of him being not dead...
and also the fight between kabuto and naruto was awesome and also showed that kabuto is far more stronger than naruto...

but... as i wrote those i realize something...naruto was almost dead...but who saved him?kyubi-kun or tsunade-hime...i think it was tsunade cuz kabuto mentioned something like that he cut the chakra flow or something...so it should be the answer of what happens to kyubi if naruto dies...kyubi-kun should die too
I don't get it... why do people say the 3rd vs. Oro fight's animation was horrible? The animation is a lot better than the average Naruto episode and definitely more so than any recent ones. Sure the art style wasn't so great, but I really care more about how it's animated if I'm going to watch the anime.

People might be complaining about the Oro dying after a lot of Tsunade's punches because in the manga, right after she throws that sword, she punches Oro, and seriously hurts him. He wasn't able to dodge, and 1 hit was enough to damage him a lot, and he goes off right after that. The anime made Oro actually able to dodge a whole bunch of the hits and also to stand a lot of hits making Tsunade seem considerable weaker. Like making a jounin seem like a genin. This is one of teh changes of the anime that creates plot holes, in teh manga Oro's previous comment about 1 hit from her can cause death or serious damage holds true. In the anime 20 hits from her can be dodged and also 20 moer hits can cause someone want to leave because they are tired of being hit...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 13:13   Link #179
uchiha masahiro

i dont understand why u guys dont get it?
after genesis rebirth jutsu she was back to normal power and normally oro would die after that fisting...but...
they dont know about his(or her should i say?)new body!!!
also we dont know the abilities of the body too...
jiraiya couldnt do anything because of his broken ribs and fractured leg

about why oro cant block tsunade s punches:
he cant use his arms for gods sake...cant u think that all of years oro fought with his hands blocking with them and seals also...for 50 years of habit and suddenly he lost his arms...it is not easy to block a punch if u were using ur hands before!!!!
uchiha masahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 13:18   Link #180
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha masahiro
i dont understand why u guys dont get it?
after genesis rebirth jutsu she was back to normal power and normally oro would die after that fisting...but...
they dont know about his(or her should i say?)new body!!!
also we dont know the abilities of the body too...
jiraiya couldnt do anything because of his broken ribs and fractured leg

about why oro cant block tsunade s punches:
he cant use his arms for gods sake...cant u think that all of years oro fought with his hands blocking with them and seals also...for 50 years of habit and suddenly he lost his arms...it is not easy to block a punch if u were using ur hands before!!!!
First of all, what's with the smilies?

The anime made Tsunade weaker, there's no excuse for Orochimaru being alive after that serious ass-pounding from her. Orochimaru himself said "One punch from her and the fight is over", okay, not exactly his words but he did say one punch from Tsunade will kill you.
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote