Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-28, 18:31   Link #61
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiya
Hmm... I think they are just picking on jpn animation. I recall from Spiderman, there were countless gun-pointing scenes and violent actions. The editiors didn't even bother to cut them.
Correct because they have patriotism.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 19:38   Link #62
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Hmm... I think they are just picking on jpn animation. I recall from Spiderman, there were countless gun-pointing scenes and violent actions. The editiors didn't even bother to cut them.
The biggest difference being the age of the characters in Seed. It's that they're mostly kids (teenagers whatever) holding guns and having guns pointed at them. Believe that was the obstacle that led to the gun edits (Nerf lights and star trek phaser sound effects).
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 19:52   Link #63
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
The biggest difference being the age of the characters in Seed. It's that they're mostly kids (teenagers whatever) holding guns and having guns pointed at them. Believe that was the obstacle that led to the gun edits (Nerf lights and star trek phaser sound effects).
There are many huge debates on gun control in USA
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 18:15   Link #64
kamiya

One more week until we get to see Cagalli...
kamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 23:56   Link #65
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Actually, Cagalli's still two weeks away. However, we willl finally see whether or not YTV will play the other openings. Since I'm on the west coast, I'll have to avoid the internet for a few hours before hand... I have to let the suspense build!

Oh yeah, I hear the US broadcast version actually turned Murrue's gun from the second episode into a disco gun in a flashback last night. I guess it'll be reedited should the episode ever air again.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 00:26   Link #66
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
Actually, Cagalli's still two weeks away. However, we willl finally see whether or not YTV will play the other openings. Since I'm on the west coast, I'll have to avoid the internet for a few hours before hand... I have to let the suspense build!

Oh yeah, I hear the US broadcast version actually turned Murrue's gun from the second episode into a disco gun in a flashback last night. I guess it'll be reedited should the episode ever air again.
Pretty good chance that they will. Afterall they show the full openings for Inu Yasha and I think for Witch Hunter Robin as well. There's nothing in the 2nd opening for SEED that is all that suggestive. It's time to ditch that crappy opening (The opening where Yzak is no where to be seen ) and bring in the real stuff!
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 00:00   Link #67
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Yeah, well, the question is whether or not Bandai gave them all of the openings, or if they're requesting them to use only the first one for whatever reason. If the second opening doesn't play, I doubt it will have been because YTV voluntarily chose not to play it.

Heh, maybe we should try starting some Bionix review threads in the coming weeks. There seem to be quite a few Canadians here who follow the block... more than any other online community I've seen, anyway.
Old 2004-12-06, 00:31   Link #68
chrno_the_sinner

I think YTV should be able to play the new openings. But I'm really starting to like SEED now. Especially after seeing the latest episode on YTV. Specifically after what happened to the civillian ship.

By the way Pepperidge, what's up with your website? It's been down for quite some time now. What's up?
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 01:24   Link #69
MetalTheses

Phase 13 was fairly good... I'm starting to get used to the voices now and they actually aren't half bad. Lots of action and reuse of action... looking forward to Phase 15 since 14 is a recap ep...

btw, I wonder why they're using english credits... breaking the tradition... I remembered they didn't do that with GWing
MetalTheses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 02:06   Link #70
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

What do you mean English credits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner
By the way Pepperidge, what's up with your website? It's been down for quite some time now. What's up?
Server went kapootzki, it seems, but I haven't been able to get in contact with the admins to get the full story. I'm starting to fear for the worst. If they don't get it back up by the time my break begins, I'm planning on relocating the site, but I'm going to lose pretty much every news article in the process.
Old 2004-12-06, 06:47   Link #71
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalTheses
btw, I wonder why they're using english credits... breaking the tradition... I remembered they didn't do that with GWing
The only time English credits are shown is in that god-awful opening, which is the same one that CN uses. CN also has a different ending that has clips from the 3rd opening, and has English credits as well. YTV however, only shows the edited opening, and then shows the ending Japanese credits. However, they don't show the next episode preview. Since YTV has shown the ending credits unaltered, it still leaves hope that they'll show the unaltered 2nd and 3rd openings.
Old 2004-12-07, 18:20   Link #72
kamiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
The only time English credits are shown is in that god-awful opening, which is the same one that CN uses. CN also has a different ending that has clips from the 3rd opening, and has English credits as well. YTV however, only shows the edited opening, and then shows the ending Japanese credits. However, they don't show the next episode preview. Since YTV has shown the ending credits unaltered, it still leaves hope that they'll show the unaltered 2nd and 3rd openings.
CN? Are you talking about the anime exhibition held in CN Tower every year? How is it compared with the one in convention centre?
kamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 18:32   Link #73
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
CN? Are you talking about the anime exhibition held in CN Tower every year? How is it compared with the one in convention centre?
No. CN = Cartoon Network, the American cartoon station that shows anime along with a great deal of other shows. They're showing SEED right now and it's apparently edited to hell.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 23:22   Link #74
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
No. CN = Cartoon Network, the American cartoon station that shows anime along with a great deal of other shows. They're showing SEED right now and it's apparently edited to hell.
Right. In this thread, Cartoon Network has been reffered to as CN. Guess we're lazy.

Quote:
CN Tower? I don't know where you got that from. Last I checked, I don't think the CN Tower had its own version of Gundam SEED. This thread is basically a comparison of the English language versions of SEED on Cartoon Network in the U.S and YTV in Canada, but with an emphasis on YTV.
Old 2004-12-08, 00:48   Link #75
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Wasn't it about opening themes or something? I can't even remember why I started it.

Either way, I think it's just the general "Gundam SEED on YTV" thread, now.
Old 2004-12-08, 03:50   Link #76
jpwong

Quote:
Wasn't it about opening themes or something? I can't even remember why I started it.

Either way, I think it's just the general "Gundam SEED on YTV" thread, now.
Well, yes, it was originally a "bug YTV to show original intros 2, 3 and 4" thread, but has since become a "look how much YTV leaves in compared to CN" thread.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 14:26   Link #77
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Anyway, tonight's the big night people: the truth will be revealed at last.

With the news about the Zeta OPs and ED, this could be our moment [EDIT: no pun intended] of Gundam Zen. *crosses fingers*
Old 2004-12-10, 14:30   Link #78
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:

They turned all the guns into crappy light pistols

They edited the knife out of Whats-Her-Names hand when she attacked Deakka in his room on Archangel. So instead of being a powerful scene with an emotionally distressed person attacking a man with a knife, it looks like shes attacking him with a Bob Dole hand.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 15:59   Link #79
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Anyway, tonight's the big night people: the truth will be revealed at last.

With the news about the Zeta OPs and ED, this could be our moment [EDIT: no pun intended] of Gundam Zen. *crosses fingers*
Well in the end, I guess YTV decided to show the edited 1st opening since it was already done and it saved them from editing it themselves. There's nothing suggestive in the 2nd opening that would keep them from showing it, unless they have a problem with Flay's 'naked' shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
They turned all the guns into crappy light pistols

They edited the knife out of Whats-Her-Names hand when she attacked Deakka in his room on Archangel. So instead of being a powerful scene with an emotionally distressed person attacking a man with a knife, it looks like shes attacking him with a Bob Dole hand.
That was really stupid. I saw that episode (don't ask how I got it ) and the knife on the table was actually shown. If they were going to edit out Milly trying to stab Dearka why didn't they edit the knife on the table? God these guys can't even edit the scenes right, so it makes it obvious that it was edited. The gun Flay's holding was lousily edited to look like a friggin toy, and when she shot it, they replaced the sound of a gun shot with a laser. Well, it seems that SEED is really one big flop on CN. Should they decide to eventually air DESTINY, maybe they'll have learned from their mistake and just air it on Adult Swim with only the most necessary of edits.
Old 2004-12-10, 16:03   Link #80
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

While Destiny is better suited for Adult Swim, I honestly have to say that I'd like to see them fight to get guns back on Toonami. Because Destiny isn't airing without guns.

When they first decided to air SEED on Toonami, I don't think they anticipated having to make any gun edits at all.