Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-31, 15:27   Link #201
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Regarding Boa; Now I remember the comments that were treating Boa as an inferior being, because of both her ability and the fact that she is a female. I hope this chapter showed that she is a much better fighter than what those comments suggested.
Oh? What forum were you perusing to see these sexist comments? I don't remember them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well i have to ask, how is what Oars did any different than what Luffy does on a regular basis? Luffy hurls himself into everything barely giving a thought to what he's facing... He was told that charging into Impel Down was essentially suicide, but he did it anyway... Hell even when he was being put into continuous pain from Magellan's poisoned and getting worse as the fight went on, he STILL pushed forward... What Oars Jr. did doesn't seem much different.
1. Ace is Luffy's (for all intents and purposes) brother.
2. Oars is not fast. He's slow, and clumsy. Luffy is quick, and highly acute in combat.
3. Luffy, while fighting, often talks or think to the audience in one way or another: for example: "Damn! My Gomu Gomu attacks aren't working". When something is TOO obviously stupid, he normally retreats or reconsiders his strategy.
4. The Magellan battle was a plotkai of sorts: Luffy's behaviour isn't normally that purely suicidal. Luffy's Haki needed to be brought a little closer to the surface, for lack of a better phrase.
5. I'll repeat that Ace is Luffy's brother.

Quote:
The thing is though, was Oz Jr. there for his own sake, or for the sake of the schichibukai... i mean, the whole strawhat crew struggled just to take down Oz... now we have Oz jr who went down after 3 shichibukai attacks, a whole lot of cannon fire... you consider them to same strength, and Oz jr. downfall is meant to illustrate how powerful the world government's defence... If Oz jr. could not charge through to Ace, then that practically means the Strawhat crew would not have been able to either; this is the same line Luffy himself will need to get through
I'll have to ask for clarification on what you meant. Even assuming that you meant to type "Oz Jr. wasn't there for this own sake..." the sentences following truly have me stumped.

Quote:
Granted, it does make me wonder as to why Sen Goku doesn't make a move to kill Ace at this very moment... i mean, that was the whole point of the execution; not to goad WB into a fight, but to get rid of Ace... if anything an attempt to finish ace would only serve to goad WB into making a rash attack, that would result in him getting pummeled like Oz jr did (though WB won't go down easy)
Hmmm...I don't think it's as simple as that, though: if Sengoku were to attack Ace and kill him anytime before Whitebeard arrived, or before Whitebeard is CONFIRMED dead, then the absolute wrath of Whitebeard just quaking the whole place to hell and opening up some huge crater in the ocean floor, and then just busting out some serious Haki into that Halberd and murdering everyone wearing a uniform remotely similar to a Marine's would be a little much. Think about it:

If Whitebeard had arrived, and Ace was already dead: what do [i]you[i] think would have happened? I think he would have just destroyed the entire place by himself. Just crack the whole atmosphere and then stomp on the bay a few times, and everything would have crumbled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuchi View Post
Donflamigo's power will obviously be something related to strings or wires...
Doubt it. I think he's just a marionette. But of living creatures only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
How does that disagree with what I wrote? Or were you agreeing with me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Just letting you know what I thought.
Nice save Phen. Can't be agreeing with them other folks eh? Lol. You guys are really funny sometimes.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-08-31, 21:26   Link #202
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Yo so does everyone agree that all of the pirates will be having a hard time facing DoFlamingo and then Luffy and Co. will arrive and Buggy will face him? I definitely foresee this happening. This way Buggy's infamy will rise to such a ridiculous point. I laugh just thinking about it... Either this or he teams up with Crocodile and does it.

Also, on note of the Shikabuchai, it seems like Kuma is reserved in his fighting so far. It seemed he only attacked Oz at the last second in order to save face. Boa is also fighting both sides but when Luffy shows up she will most likely turn against the Marines. Blackbeard will most likely go for Whitebeard but pay no heed to the instructions of the marines and take out many of them as well. Mihawk only wants an opportunity to fight Whitebeard. I'm betting he won't go after pirates in order to follow marine orders. The only hardcore evil Shikabuchai I see trying to tear the pirates to shreds are DoFlamingo and Moria.
Old 2009-08-31, 21:30   Link #203
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I liked Hancock more this chapter, I like how she stuck to her hatred of men and even attacked/used marines, and displayed some other talents from her arsenal.

Old news, but I guess I kind of figured Akainu would be a magma/lava logia although I had been hoping for him to be an earth type (red rock/earth).

Either way, this has been one hell of a battle so far and it seems that it is only just the tip of the iceberg we still haven't even seen WB's full power yet he could possibly be a logia as well (wind perhaps?).
Old 2009-09-01, 07:02   Link #204
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I liked Hancock more this chapter, I like how she stuck to her hatred of men and even attacked/used marines, and displayed some other talents from her arsenal.

Old news, but I guess I kind of figured Akainu would be a magma/lava logia although I had been hoping for him to be an earth type (red rock/earth).

Either way, this has been one hell of a battle so far and it seems that it is only just the tip of the iceberg we still haven't even seen WB's full power yet he could possibly be a logia as well (wind perhaps?).
You haven't yet read the chapters that indicate that no-one may eat two devil fruits? Whitebeard already has super-powers from the Quake Quake fruit. He can't eat another one.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-09-01, 07:42   Link #205
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
You haven't yet read the chapters that indicate that no-one may eat two devil fruits? Whitebeard already has super-powers from the Quake Quake fruit. He can't eat another one.
I believe it was stated during the CP9/Enies Lobby Arc that if a person eat 2 devil fruits they will die.
Old 2009-09-01, 10:53   Link #206
Rainbowman

Hey what's the deal here? Isn't there supposed to be a new chapter this week?
Old 2009-09-01, 12:10   Link #207
mr.muscles

Location: west coast is where i live and it can't be beat no matter what.
the usual source at AP for raws spoilers isn't there this week so it will take longer to get it for us over here. There will be a new chapter though

^_^
Old 2009-09-01, 12:34   Link #208
mr.muscles

Location: west coast is where i live and it can't be beat no matter what.
As for the two devil fruit no no its on chapter 385 page 3 wear blueno and Lucci explain it all

^_^
Old 2009-09-01, 12:38   Link #209
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muscles View Post
the usual source at AP for raws spoilers isn't there this week so it will take longer to get it for us over here. There will be a new chapter though
Are you saying that we have to wait for next week? I'm trying to specify if the chapter is being released this week.
Old 2009-09-01, 13:02   Link #210
james0246

Unless stated otherwise, there is a chapter this week. That has always been the case, and will always be the case.
Old 2009-09-01, 13:34   Link #211
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I won't be surprised though, if we will see a person with two DF powers, before the series ends (some Vegapunk magic or alike).

Actually, I see that being possible. However, I theorize that the "second" DF power in question would actually be synthetic. Remember when Drake commented on how the Kuma clone Pacifistas were able to "recreate" Kizaru's laser beams.....?
Old 2009-09-01, 14:16   Link #212
Prestige

There are two solid spoiler sources out there;

Himajin, who has now retired and wont provide spoilers for us anymore

Nja, who is our regural source for correct spoilers but in THIS WEEK he is at vacation, we might get chapter spoilers for tomorrow but chances are they are fake or no spoilers will be avaivable before raw releases.
Old 2009-09-01, 16:59   Link #213
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Unless stated otherwise, there is a chapter this week. That has always been the case, and will always be the case.
*sigh of relief* I'll take word on it. I could never tell which part of the week will have its release whenever they alternate wether it's sooner (monday or tuesday) or later (wednesday or thursday; possibly even friday).
Old 2009-09-01, 17:55   Link #214
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post

Obviously I did not know that WB had consumed a Devil Fruit or else I would not have asked, therefore I was assuming he had consumed two of them.
Old 2009-09-01, 23:02   Link #215
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, I see that being possible. However, I theorize that the "second" DF power in question would actually be synthetic. Remember when Drake commented on how the Kuma clone Pacifistas were able to "recreate" Kizaru's laser beams.....?
If that's the case then we are already seeing that with kuma.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-02, 00:11   Link #216
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
If that's the case then we are already seeing that with kuma.

Well, Kuma himself has a genuine DF power as far as we know, but that doesn't eliminate the possibility of more advanced Pacifistas with "replicated" DF powers appearing later on. Yes, the faux Kizaru lasers may very well be the tip of the iceberg......
Old 2009-09-02, 06:03   Link #217
andy

Luffy is back , this chapter has alot of stuff going on .
Old 2009-09-02, 09:32   Link #218
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Shouldn't this be inside of spoiler tags?

Somehow this entrance (if true) makes it look absolutely stupid, that they even waited before the gate of justice for someone to open it.
Not really we don't how far there were when did it , also if they jump over the gate of justice the other side is nothing but water so that would kill almost all of them. Right only luffy seems not care that other members are falling to there death cause he rubber lol.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:16   Link #219
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The Gate of Justice is higher than the clouds, it is impossibly high. It is said to be impossible to go across when the gate is closed, this most likely applies even to flying.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-09-02, 15:42   Link #220
Immolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Obviously I did not know that WB had consumed a Devil Fruit or else I would not have asked, therefore I was assuming he had consumed two of them.
Why are you in a discussion thread for chapter 555 if you never read chapter 552? Why would anyone assume someone discussing chapter 555 wouldn't have either read or remembered really important information from only 3 chapters before?
Closed Thread