Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2021-06-30, 23:25   Link #1361
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Yet another Japanese VA in Ayana Taketatsu is being canceled by CN right now for... posing behind the flag of Imperial Japan.

There were some talks about China needing to build their own VA industry if they're just gonna cancel every Japanese VA who "steps out of line". From my very little experience of listening to Chinese VOs, they have the tools and personnel to do it but it's not gonna big enough to compete with the Japanese VA industry for a while.
I'm not sure how canceling works, but "is being canceled" refers to people wanting to cancel the person, and not when the person has been canceled, right? Not that I would care until the government does anything or does nothing.

A problem is that there are fans of those VAs in China. It's not as much about having people that can voice-act. Sure, you got Chinese VAs. But who are Chinese otaku gonna pay money for? Some Chinese VA they don't know? Or KUGIMYIAAAA!! And you know, that stuff.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 09:53   Link #1362
saya_leviathan

Hiro Shimono is diagnosed with Covid and currently undergoing treatment.
I hope for his speedy recovery!
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-03, 16:32   Link #1363
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Same here. I also hope anyone in his vicinity is safe given how often Shimono makes the rounds...
Old 2021-08-04, 08:27   Link #1364
saya_leviathan

^Late update: Hiro Shimono recovered last month but now, it's Hiroyuki Yoshino who is infected with Covid

In other news,
Singer LiSA, Voice Actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki Go on Hiatuses
Their reasons are due to mental and physical health. If you're wondering if it has anything to do with the rumors about Suzuki's extramarital affair a few days, both sides haven't said anything about that. So, anyway, I wish the best for them.
Old 2021-08-04, 16:45   Link #1365
Dextro
He Without a Title

LiSA going on Hiatus? I hope she's ok and recovers quickly from whatever it is.
Old 2021-08-07, 17:42   Link #1366
Frontier

I hope LiSA is okay...
Old 2021-08-16, 14:11   Link #1367
kuudererules

Shukan Bunshun reported that voice actress Kito Akari and voice actor Hozumi Yuya (most known as Keyaru from Redo of Healer) are dating. They caught on a yakiniku date at Kabukicho. They introduced by common friend and started dating before this summer.

They deny rumors with update on their personal Twitter account regarding the recent rumor about their relationship.

Spoiler for image:
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-16, 18:36   Link #1368
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not surprised since this is nothing new, but the two of them having to apologize for giving people the idea they're dating (regardless of whether it's true or not) is wrong on so many levels. In the West, the statement would be "it's none of your fucking business who I'm dating", and that would be the correct response.
Old 2021-08-16, 20:36   Link #1369
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I presume, Akari Kito can be considered idol seiyuu as she is part of Love Live. If she was not one, noone would bother.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-18, 08:16   Link #1370
kuudererules

According to Weekly Women PRIME LiSA husband Tatsuhisa Suzuki has had attempted suicide in early august shortly after the affair news got made public and is since residing in a hospital.

Damn this week is really upsetting. Recently another seiyuu got sick and positive for COVID-19: Shoya Chiba, Miki Shinichiro, Sanpei Yuuko and some new seiyuu source @theseiyuucafe

Last edited by kuudererules; 2021-08-18 at 15:41.
Old 2021-08-19, 00:17   Link #1371
saya_leviathan

^ Now KENN is also COVID positive.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...vid-19/.176427
Old 2021-08-19, 23:11   Link #1372
Frontier

Well...

- Whatever Akarin Yuya Hozumi's relationship, I hope people give them their privacy and just let them live their lives...even though I know that's difficult for Japanese seiyuu .

- If Suzuki really tried to commit suicide and is currently in the hospital...I hope he's okay. No matter the allegations or my personal opinion of his actions, I want him to be okay. I can only imagine how hard it must be for LiSA right now.

- I hope all the seiyuu testing positive are getting the treatment and safety they need to recover.
Old 2021-08-21, 07:07   Link #1373
saya_leviathan

This is getting worse:
12 Idolm@ster SideM Voice Actors Test Positive for COVID-19 in Past Week

And now, Rina Hidaka confirms on her Twitter that she's positive for covid too.
https://twitter.com/hidaka_rina0615/...47761886859271
Old 2021-08-22, 00:34   Link #1374
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
This is getting worse:
12 Idolm@ster SideM Voice Actors Test Positive for COVID-19 in Past Week

And now, Rina Hidaka confirms on her Twitter that she's positive for covid too.
https://twitter.com/hidaka_rina0615/...47761886859271
Ahh yes, clusters. I assume they got together to practice and the agency/agencies they belong to and Bandai Namco didn't follow the right procedures to limit exposure correctly.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-22, 11:31   Link #1375
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahh yes, clusters. I assume they got together to practice and the agency/agencies they belong to and Bandai Namco didn't follow the right procedures to limit exposure correctly.
My guess its probably because of limitation on voice recording session.

A radio talk I followed, got three VA do the talk; when the studio visible, it looks cramped to the point moving arms looks difficult for sake of correct COVID procedures.
Assuming the recording session need to be done by all twelve of them at same time or at least requires all of them to be present, imagine the difficulty to ensure no one made contact to each other while there's need to get everyone voice blended well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuudererules View Post
According to Weekly Women PRIME LiSA husband Tatsuhisa Suzuki has had attempted suicide in early august shortly after the affair news got made public and is since residing in a hospital.
My, I guess recent trend of declining popularity to every characters he voiced did it bad enough.
Old 2021-08-30, 11:56   Link #1376
kuudererules

Suzuki Tatsuhisa released an official handwritten apology through his agency, I'm Enterprise regarding his current issue

Translated:
Quote:
"On this occasion, I am very sorry for the trouble and concern I have caused everyone due to my irresponsible and inappropriate behavior.

I am reflecting regarding my actions, and strongly regret that my foolish behavior caused trouble and concern for everyone.

From now on I intend to hold self-awareness for how much my behavior greatly influences my surroundings, handle things more carefully than I have up to now, and without sparing any effort, confront myself once again and act in good faith.

Once again, I deeply apologize to everyone who supports me. I’m very sorry.

August 30, 3rd Year of Reiwa
Suzuki Tatsuhisa"
I hope people can accept his apology especially LiSA. I wonder what happen to his career as a seiyuu and singer? Is it over?
Old 2021-08-30, 16:00   Link #1377
Frontier

Quote:
Suzuki Tatsuhisa released an official handwritten apology through his agency, I'm Enterprise regarding his current issue

Translated:

I hope people can accept his apology especially LiSA. I wonder what happen to his career as a seiyuu and singer? Is it over?
I'm glad he made a public apology (I hope he made an even bigger one to LiSA in their private life) and I hope we can move forward from here.
Old 2021-08-30, 23:25   Link #1378
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
His fame effectively reduced to the point people won't be enthusiast about him again, that's for sure.
Several games that provide popularity poll for its character shown declining trend to character he voiced since the news spread;
Likely he will only voicing characters that already assigned to him (Ban, Noctis, Anos, etc) until situation became calmer and he can get new role.

Won't say his career as singer effectively dead but with how Japanese audience aware of Lisa background, it will be extremely difficult as what happened leave sour taste.
Old 2021-09-03, 06:16   Link #1379
saya_leviathan

Miyu Irino is getting married! Congrats!
https://twitter.com/oricon/status/1433737041011888131
Old 2021-09-03, 11:28   Link #1380
Frontier

Quote:
Miyu Irino is getting married! Congrats!
https://twitter.com/oricon/status/1433737041011888131
Congratulations !