Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-12-22, 12:26   Link #2081
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Storywise, I actually think the story has been getting better since gaim. Since gaim, you can see the writers are really trying to put some new elements into the standard plot. I think the plots from w to wizard were pretty cliche (W got handled pretty well and wizard was the most bland)
After Gaim is Drive that written by Riku Sanjo who is the main writer of W as well.
Considering how he worked on W, I'd say what he did in Drive is not really driven by Gaim but his own way to bring Kamen Rider on police theme after detective theme used by W (I remember there's interview that said he's excited to apply police drama into Kamen Rider). Ghost on the other hand is obviously affected by Gaim with its similar kind of protagonist, one episode problem, rushing merchandise (if not, forms) that lasts only for 1-2 episodes, not to mention old mans that hardly tried to be important.

Wizard is bland but I'm fine with that since I saw it similar to Showa Riders (experienced Rider dealing with strong monsters, now with help of gimmicks and far better choreography).
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 14:26   Link #2082
justavisitor

I did not imply Drive was affected by Gaim, just saying it happens that since Gaim, the story has picked up a bit imo....

And I know that Riku Sanjo is the main writer of W and Drive, I think Drive is better than W, tho I think I am in the minority here XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 08:34   Link #2083
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I should have known sooner. They should have renamed Ghost to "Kamen Rider Dragon Balls".
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 22:27   Link #2084
B214

Toei's Superhero year project.

Teaser:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 03:29   Link #2085
The 48th Ronin

Spoiler for Spring Movie:
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 06:26   Link #2086
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i am not sure Ghost's "dad form" is either tear jerking touching that should have been released during father's day or goddamn silly, i mean a sword/gun weapon that is a pair of sun glasses that could fit in the Eyecons which are disembodied eyeballs? well i think this is the first time in Rider history where you use your own dad as a power up.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 10:14   Link #2087
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Did they REALLY go there? They even did the whole "It's Space Time!" thing. As much as I LOVED Fourze, did they have to?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 11:16   Link #2088
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finished watching Blade. I really loved it, definitely among the best Kamen Rider series I've watched. They did a great job unveiling the mystery bit by bit (so many good twists!), the characters were all compelling and likable in their own way (except Mutsuki), and the action was nice.

One thing I was really impressed with is the design of the Undead. Most of them looked fantastic. On the Rider side, Chalice's suit was gorgeous.
Old 2016-01-24, 21:28   Link #2089
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Surprise Drive impression (contains spoiler):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Finished watching Blade. I really loved it, definitely among the best Kamen Rider series I've watched. They did a great job unveiling the mystery bit by bit (so many good twists!), the characters were all compelling and likable in their own way (except Mutsuki), and the action was nice.

One thing I was really impressed with is the design of the Undead. Most of them looked fantastic. On the Rider side, Chalice's suit was gorgeous.
I saw Mutsuki as interesting character.

He may looks annoying compare to other Rider, but that's understandable since he's the youngest among them, so he want to prove himself to the point he crosses the line (similar case to Drive's Go). Not to mention, unique to other casts, his development came from his relationship with higher-up Undead, especially with Club category, represented by Leangle himself, tried to be a neutral faction hence I found Mutsuki compelling by his own way despite inferior to the other three (shame he didn't use his King Form, but that's his way to respect Shima-san after all).
Old 2016-01-25, 11:11   Link #2090
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Spoiler for Surprise Drive impression (contains spoiler):

I saw Mutsuki as interesting character.

He may looks annoying compare to other Rider, but that's understandable since he's the youngest among them, so he want to prove himself to the point he crosses the line (similar case to Drive's Go). Not to mention, unique to other casts, his development came from his relationship with higher-up Undead, especially with Club category, represented by Leangle himself, tried to be a neutral faction hence I found Mutsuki compelling by his own way despite inferior to the other three (shame he didn't use his King Form, but that's his way to respect Shima-san after all).
My problem with him is that his character arc lasted too long and was too repetitive. By the time he had finally resolved his issues, it was almost the end of the series and it didn't feel like the pay-off was worth it.

Regarding Surprise future, I really loved it! Reminded me of how fun Drive's cast was, especially when you compare it to Ghost's. The story was incredibly enjoyable, but then again, I'm a sucker for time travel stories.
Old 2016-01-25, 17:50   Link #2091
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
My problem with him is that his character arc lasted too long and was too repetitive. By the time he had finally resolved his issues, it was almost the end of the series and it didn't feel like the pay-off was worth it.

Regarding Surprise future, I really loved it! Reminded me of how fun Drive's cast was, especially when you compare it to Ghost's. The story was incredibly enjoyable, but then again, I'm a sucker for time travel stories.
IMO, if Mutsuki problem ended by the third quarter, King Form for him is inevitable as we learned Club King and Queen relationship with him.
He won't need to worried about compatibility issue or side-effect since the only hinder for him is Spider Undead (which should be sealed by the end of his character arc) while King and Queen obviously close and supporting him. If that happens, it'll make the end game harder to resolve since Mutsuki can stand as the third party that can held Blade King and Joker, leaving Tachibana on the corner wandering why he's not taking the opportunity of King Form before ...

At first I do disappoint with the result of Mutsuki development too for the same reason, but after re-watch (some years later) and saw Spade King said he could take over Kenzaki, with Mutsuki as example-- I just realized that by the end of his development, King Form for Leangle would be so easy to achieve. LOL.

Old 2016-01-25, 19:55   Link #2092
The 48th Ronin

Is the subs for Surprise Future out already?
Old 2016-01-26, 10:16   Link #2093
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
IMO, if Mutsuki problem ended by the third quarter, King Form for him is inevitable as we learned Club King and Queen relationship with him.
He won't need to worried about compatibility issue or side-effect since the only hinder for him is Spider Undead (which should be sealed by the end of his character arc) while King and Queen obviously close and supporting him. If that happens, it'll make the end game harder to resolve since Mutsuki can stand as the third party that can held Blade King and Joker, leaving Tachibana on the corner wandering why he's not taking the opportunity of King Form before ...

At first I do disappoint with the result of Mutsuki development too for the same reason, but after re-watch (some years later) and saw Spade King said he could take over Kenzaki, with Mutsuki as example-- I just realized that by the end of his development, King Form for Leangle would be so easy to achieve. LOL.

I'm not sure Leangle's king form would have changed much. He would still lose to Kenzaki and Hajime. Blade's king form was special in that it allowed him to fuse with all thirteen of the undeads in his suit, and I believe that makes him a lot stronger than a regular King form. Chalice's wild form worked similarly. Tachibana would have indeed been lagging too far behind though, to the point of uselessness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Is the subs for Surprise Future out already?
Yup. Been out for a few days now.
Old 2016-01-26, 10:44   Link #2094
B214

Since Japan dubbed this year Superhero year i hope that they actually do me a favor and show us Leangle and Garren King Form. And Raia survive as well.
Old 2016-01-26, 10:44   Link #2095
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
I'm not sure Leangle's king form would have changed much. He would still lose to Kenzaki and Hajime. Blade's king form was special in that it allowed him to fuse with all thirteen of the undeads in his suit, and I believe that makes him a lot stronger than a regular King form. Chalice's wild form worked similarly. Tachibana would have indeed been lagging too far behind though, to the point of uselessness...

Yup. Been out for a few days now.
All King Form supposed to be fusion of all thirteen Undead for each category.
Wild is not King Form despite similar mechanism due to its main purpose was to suppress Joker instead of just drawing power from them.
Mutsuki transformed into Tarantula instead of King Form is because King and Queen focused on protecting Mutsuki mind to deal with Spider.

If there's reason why Blade King is superior to other King Form, it would be because Spade 10 - Time Scarab which allowed him to control time at certain radius.

Old 2016-01-26, 22:20   Link #2096
B214

Quote:
All King Form supposed to be fusion of all thirteen Undead for each category.
Wild is not King Form despite similar mechanism due to its main purpose was to suppress Joker instead of just drawing power from them.
Mutsuki transformed into Tarantula instead of King Form is because King and Queen focused on protecting Mutsuki mind to deal with Spider.

If there's reason why Blade King is superior to other King Form, it would be because Spade 10 - Time Scarab which allowed him to control time at certain radius.

No Blade's King Form is a special case cause Kenzaki has a high fusion rate with Undeads. Tachibana and Mutsuki doesn't have his level of fusion rate so they can't fuse with 13 undeads like Kenzaki.

And

Spoiler for Kamen Rider 1:

Last edited by B214; 2016-01-27 at 04:18.
Old 2016-01-27, 00:25   Link #2097
The 48th Ronin

That suit looks really bulky.
Old 2016-01-28, 15:45   Link #2098
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Spoiler for Kamen Rider 1:
The new suit looks silly, but I LOVE that premise. Specially since I'm re-reading the Kamen Rider Spirits manga.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 20:31   Link #2099
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The new suit looks silly, but I LOVE that premise. Specially since I'm re-reading the Kamen Rider Spirits manga.
Glad you like it then. By the way here's the first teaser for the movie.

It appears Takeru AKA Ghost got high and entered the wrong movie.
Old 2016-01-30, 20:45   Link #2100
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

The fuck did they do to Ichigo's suit?

Anyways, Surprise Future is quite a... surprise. It has become one of my favorite Rider movies of all time.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu